Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? (21081 Views)

RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide / List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service / Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Pavore9: 9:47am On Dec 30, 2018
Choice
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by internationalman(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:
Yes..and you see people making new year resolutions like just one night will change them..

As for me, I live life one day at a time,and not one year at a time like most people.
i like your last sentence.. please grant me the copyright

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Jabioro: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2018
It is just normal society gathering that put more money into churches pocket.Nothing like new year resolution,it is another gimmick to put fear into you...New year, is a change of a whole 365 days calendar or a break off from olden day/season...and for easy calculation.for all the readers of this comment,you are a year older and a step closer to the grave..you all are gradually departing this world.HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 30, 2018
internationalman:

i like your last sentence.. please grant me the copyright
No problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by gly(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2018
HarkymTheOracle:
Yes..and you see people making new year resolutions like just one night will change them..

As for me, I live life one day at a time,and not one year at a time like most people.

This nails it very well in my own opinion. Live your daily not yearly. It is well with us all

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by WaffenSS(m): 9:54am On Dec 30, 2018
Occultic propensities

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Silva79(f): 10:07am On Dec 30, 2018
most countries celebrate new year with fire works,every where looking so beautiful but my country people would go to church. i hope we get to see fireworks on lekki-ikoyi bridge
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by sassiemyk: 10:14am On Dec 30, 2018
It's not for Christians My dear. It's for church people who are always searching for something to celebrate. And also for their pastors looking for formats to loot their congregants. Nowhere in the Holy book will you find the nonsense.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2018
WaffenSS:
Occultic propensities

Always trying to sound like an intelligent fellow but unfortunately, you don't know shiit.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:25am On Dec 30, 2018
Exwizard:
2019 is a scam..... Law of arithmetic says 19 must come before 20, hence in Nigeria �� we are in 1920 backward

See as you just apply science for this simple something

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Rozaytee: 10:30am On Dec 30, 2018
NPComplete:
Modern Christianity is nothing but foolishness and fuckery. They have been crossing over every year in Nigeria yet Nigeria seems to keep getting worse. They will never use their heads but keep insanely repeating the same things over and over again and expecting different results.

These same people will still spend their tithes, offerings and seeds all year to still fight a devourer or another. It seems the Nigerian Christian is condemned to an endless Sisyphean task of battle against invincible enemies. Yet at the slightest opportunity, they will run to Dubai, China and other godless countries that seem to spend their new years eve partying or doing nothing. If u want to know the definition of foolishness just look for the average Nigerian Christian. Devout, religious, superstitious and senseless.

Christianity, especially the pentecostal kind, is foolishness and fuckery. Foolishness and fuckery, I tell ya.

Foolishness.

And fuckery.
ode d major reason for crossover...i all about being grateful and alive to see another year.... Mumu okponu

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by linqzs: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2018
Rozaytee:
ode d major reason for crossover...i all about being grateful and alive to see another year.... Mumu okponu

It's just another day sis..no biggie
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Rozaytee: 10:34am On Dec 30, 2018
ednut1:
Is it biblical Prob no. After all said and done 95% of them go back to their evil nd scheming ways
crosss over of a thing is not by force... It's should be on ur own accord.... I just go majorly...just to say am grateful lord to see another year cus it ain't easy to be alive and healthy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by janettee(f): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2018
It's really not significant undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by NPComplete: 10:39am On Dec 30, 2018
Rozaytee:

Lol. One of the brain dead morons I was talking about. E pain the mugu die. cheesy cheesy
Who decided the major reason? You? Most churches pray for blessing and kill enemies into the new year. But u won't know that, would u? Pray for brains this crossover night so u can think well before typing. If ur prayers cannot kill your enemies at least it should be able to get u sense. LMAO

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by SAMBARRY: 10:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Oluromantic:
Me and my bae go jolly jolly for bedroom that night. Na love-making we go take crossover.
and by September,2019 we will come visiting the new borns you are about to produce to populate Nigeria more
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Oluromantic: 10:52am On Dec 30, 2018
Mizwisdom:

U think say u be small picin, bae or wife? cheesy

Cross over is significant because if you understand that day & night are the creation of a Supernatural being, you should also understand that when u start a new year, you'll need to seize it through prayers to enable it favor u.

Oya tell me my age since you know me so well
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by suxplux: 10:55am On Dec 30, 2018
Gullah:
It's that time of the year again, that time of the year when almost everyone begins to reflect on their actions and achievements or failures in the year that is about to end. Many people are already compiling their new year resolutions and plans already no doubt. It's also the time for one of the most interesting and unusual church service that has become an annual end of year ritual among churches all over the world; THE CROSSOVER SERVICE.

The crossover service is perhaps the most attended church service across the country. On the 31st of December every year, millions of people gather in churches so that they can cross over into the new year in the presence of God, They wait expectantly for the clock to strike 12 midnight, for the Man or Woman of God to declare the word of God for the new year and they scream and jump in excitement when the minister says in a solemn voice, "Thus says the Lord, the year 2019 shall be the year of.......". Then the prayers begin, members of the congregation tap into the declaration and present their own personal plans for the new year before God, The minister then proclaims God's blessings for the new year on the people. A usually very elaborate and euphoric service for Christians like me I must say but it's usually just few hours after the service that the questions start ringing in my head,

What exactly is the significance of this service? Are there really special blessings for those who attend that those who don't attend won't receive? How about the curious observation that many people who didn't even bother about God or attend a church service throughout the year suddenly pop into the church on that night to claim God's promises and blessings for the new year? Does God's presence really go into the new year with people as they attend and leave those services? How about the Olive oils, bottled water, handkerchiefs or aprons, stickers with the word for the year printed on them and other " holy items" attendees usually come home with? Are they really effective in helping those who possess them in any way in the new year?

I have my thoughts about all that but since I am not hundred percent sure I am right about it, I'd rather prefer to put it out here and know your opinions on this topic. Does this service have any special or unique importance for Christians?

just a ritual
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by InansBobo(m): 10:59am On Dec 30, 2018
I don't just know why people panic and cry foul over the decisions and choices of Christians.

That day, If you like
Go to club
Go to church
Sleep at home.
That's your choice
But as for me and my household, we're going to church.

Fullstop

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 30, 2018
Well, it has depending on the approach.
If you approach God for the new year because you feel there are some personal aggrandizement to achieve and so you need God to watch your back in spite of your ulterior motives, then, Cross over is just another night vigil.
But look at it from this way, you guys assembly together as a denomination to thank God for the previous year and also find out his thought concerning the new year, commit your goals(kind ones) to him, but most especially inquire to know what you ought TO DO in order to bring His thought and your goals to fruition.
Then Cross over service is then a fellowship and a communion with the divine.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by BluntBoy(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2018
Realistically, there is really no need for a crossover because we are not really crossing over. We are just continuing with life.

Man created the divisions. There is nothing new about January 1. We created the idea and the euphoria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by madmax2018: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2018
I have Been going to church since I don know how to pronounce Jesus, I haven't seen any difference in the years....but this year's cross over...now I have come to realizes its just another day, I will be spending dec31st night on my bed ooo

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Mobolajifanny(m): 11:20am On Dec 30, 2018
Oluromantic:
Me and my bae go jolly jolly for bedroom that night. Na love-making we go take crossover.
Weldone boss
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by semyman: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2018
The significance is for the gullibles to be extorted by the heartless criminal pastors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by oladele239(m): 11:22am On Dec 30, 2018
If you live in a face me I slap you and your neighbors go for crossover nd you no go.....

Your own don pass devil o grin grin grin

If u know u know

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by WaffenSS(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2018
Gratefulheart01:

Always trying to sound like an intelligent fellow but unfortunately, you don't know shiit.

I don't need to sound it

I live it

And you know it

Compared to me, you're a babbling jackass

Now, I've noticed your inconsequential existence. Hop along.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 30, 2018
post=74289004:
People believe starting the new year in Church is a good thing.
To them it signifies that they recognize that God should come first in peoples' lives. 
The service is usually to thank God for being alive and experiencing the blessing of the out going year and the welcoming of the new one.
Usually, during the New year Service in many churches, the new year is dedicated to God and people seek Divine intervention for a smooth and problem free year

Happy New year in advance to Every good Nigerians, with love from [b][/b]
Good Nigerians? Hmm... you are leaving out the bad ones in the church? Let them not hear you oh!
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by Cynergy: 11:30am On Dec 30, 2018
oladele239:
If you live in a face me I slap you and your neighbors go for crossover nd you no go.....

Your own don pass devil o grin grin grin

If u know u know
this got me cracking lolzzzz!
Re: What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? by OgaBuhari: 11:31am On Dec 30, 2018
Oluromantic:
and why is your signature difference from your comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? / Dealing With The Powers Behind Barrenness/life Challenges Spiritually / A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.