Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? (522 Views)

Why Do Pastors Want Members To Date And Marry Themselves / Why Is It That In The Old Testament, They Marry Themselves (within The Family)? / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by legendsilver(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hello Nairalanders, please help me share more light on this issue because İ'm not understanding it again....

Today in church, the pastor wedded two couples who has had a failed marriage before knowing fully well what the bible says about divorce and how it must be handled as a bible believer.

Was the pastor right to have wedded them?
Were they supposed tl remarry mostly when their spouse are very well alive and breathing?

Pls mode, help me solve this.
Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by GoodMuyis(m): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
legendsilver:
Hello Nairalanders, please help me share more light on this issue because İ'm not understanding it again....

Today in church, the pastor wedded two couples who has had a failed marriage before knowing fully well what the bible says about divorce and how it must be handled as a bible believer.

Was the pastor right to have wedded them?
Were they supposed tl remarry mostly when their spouse are very well alive and breathing?

Pls mode, help me solve this.

My Opinion on this matter doesn't count but

Jesus Said
Matt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

1 Like

Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by legendsilver(m): 10:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Jesus Said
Matt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
But a pastor just celebrated what the bible has condemned in the above verse that you shared
Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by Janosky: 5:53am On Dec 31, 2018
legendsilver:

But a pastor just celebrated what the bible has condemned in the above verse that you shared
GoodMuyis:

Jesus Said

Matt19:3-9 clarified the verse u posted above.
divorce is allowed ,says Jesus Christ
Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by alchemist13: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2018
Janosky:

Matt19:3-9 clarified the verse u posted above.
divorce is allowed ,says Jesus Christ
Is that verse not saying virtually the same thing?
Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by Janosky: 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
alchemist13:

Is that verse not saying virtually the same thing?

It's either u did not read those verses or U lack comprehension skills .
Jesus himself stated the valid ground for divorce in matt19:3-9. Why U no see am there?
Re: İs It Right For Two Divorcees To Marry Themselves According To The Bible? by alchemist13: 10:50am On Jan 12, 2019
Janosky:

It's either u did not read those verses or U lack comprehension skills .
Jesus himself stated the valid ground for divorce in matt19:3-9. Why U no see am there?

Oga you don't need to insult me.

What I'm saying is that Matt. 5:32 already has a clause for divorce so Matt. 19 3-9 is not adding anything new so does not "clarify" the first verse.
That is why I said they are virtually the same.

(1) (Reply)

Actually, God Made Us From Food... / Why Are The Religious Leaders Quiet On Homosexuality / Sex In Dream Always Why Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.