Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage (486 Views)

Why Do Some Ladies Now See Dating/Marriage As Poverty Alleviation Programme / "Nigerian Bedwench" Fiasco | Interracial dating Nigerian women under attack / Download Mp3 Messages By Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo On Love, Dating, Marriage, Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2018
It's been four months now that I migrated to the US via K1 visa after my California based fiance petitioned for me. I think I need to guide my fellow Nigerian people who are presently into interracial dating or people who have the intention of dating/ getting married beyond the borders of Nigeria "team foreign", like some nairalander used to call it.

Read my lips, I won't support and promote any form of dating scam, neither will I offer answers to any one who enquire such. I'm only here to guide real "daters" Only.

Please save all questions, I won't answer any of them until I complete my thread. Thanks.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2018
Now let's talk about the steps involved. It applies to both genders.

1. Make the decision
Dating someone beyond the shores of Nigeria is one hell of a long distance relationship, you must decide and be fully prepared for the loneliness, boredom, fights, and every other baggage that comes with it
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:21pm On Dec 30, 2018
2. Meeting / hooking up

After making the decision, the next step is to find the right place to meet your love. You can meet an interracial partner in several ways, I will list 3.

A. Dating sites: there are lots of free and premium dating sites where you get to meet single guys and girls looking for partners, I have couple of friends who met theirs via these platforms.

B. Referral /connection: if you have a friend or family in diaspora, they can refer or hook you up with citizens of the countries where they based.

C. business to pleasure: you can meet your partner through international business platforms. I have a friend who is a freelancer, met a Dublin based client who needed a web development service, met my guy on fiverr and My guy delivered excellently. From there, they both blend, did more jobs together and today, they are married and based in Dublin.

Like I said, there are several ways, just look for the best one that is easy for you.

I know you will be asking in your mind. What about me?, how did I meet mine?.

OK, mine was via referral method.
I have a friend who was schooling in California state university (CSU), I used to call him frequently. On one occasion, his phone got damaged and he gave me his neighbor's number for me to be calling for the main time till he fixes his phone. The neighbor happened to be a good girl who ended up becoming my friend too. One thing led to the other, we moved to the next level.

1 Like

Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2018
3. Real profile:

Now, after getting the avenue, the next thing is to be real with your profile. Your names, photos, age, location should be real. Yes, so many people had spoilt our image as a country via dating scams, these will make some people to ignore you, reject you and block you.

But don't give up, someone will definitely wanna give you a trial, someone will definitely wanna see if you are different from the rest, someone will definitely give you attention. If you lied about your profile, someday the lie will boomerang and it will ruin all the trust he/she has for you.

One thing I have noticed about the whites. The moment they detect just one inconsistency about you, just forget it. They will start questioning everything you told them from day one.

Just be real, be yourself, you don't have to lie, you don't have to fake it. Someone will definitely love you for who you are.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by CarolineOlawale(f): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2018
You are a useless slimebag that's of no use!

Useless IPOB scammer!
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
4. Genuine Intention:

This is the next step after meeting someone with your real profile. Let the love be genuine. Serious partners have a way of sniffing through your socials to find out if you truly love them or not.

Be real with every thing you say or do in the relationship, flaunt him or her occasionally on your socials (not all the time as this spells desperation).

Keep other relationships in a very lowkey in a way he/she won't find out (that's if you have one)
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
CarolineOlawale:
You are a useless slimebag that's of no use!

Useless IPOB scammer!
Who let the dogs out?. Omo ale jati jati.
OMo yoruba ni MI. Stop this tribal nonsense. Je ki ori e pe.

2 Likes

Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
5. Reduce or eliminate financial demands

Yes, you heard me right. Reduce or make no demands at all. If he/she offers you money, reject most of them even when you are broke.

I could remember vividly when my Amanda told me "Sunday, I waited for a whole year in this relationship for you to tell me to wire you money just like your fellow Nigerians always do, but you surprised me and proved me wrong".

Yes, we dated for 16 months, (a year and 4 months) and I didn't demand a cent from her despite the fact that she is working. I never knew it was my test until we got married and she told me she and her entirely family were waiting for me to fail the test but I passed.

She offered to wire me money countless of time and I reject them out rightly, telling her I am a man and I should be the one sending money, not her.

Like I said earlier. Immediately they see your profile reading (Nigeria 234). It's a reflex action on them, they are already anticipating the day you will demand for "wire" and they will use the opportunity to thrash you.

Many idiots had dragged us into this mud, it's left for you to proof your partner wrong that you aren't into the relationship for money demand, instead, you are in for love.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2018
6. Gifts and affections

You know relationships can be boring sometimes without surprise gifts. So, get to know what your partner likes and surprise him/her once in a while.

Like me for example. Amanda loves sneakers and teddy like Kilode. Since I know this, I always check aliexpress for cheap and affordable sneakers and teddy, delivery to USA is free and this really helped me. During our dating days, I always gift her either sneakers or teddy atleast every 3 months and she loves it. The last one I did she said and I quote "I never knew Nigerians can be this romantic, all I used to heard about your country men is the opposite of good"

And honestly, I was just doing it for love. Not for any other thing. On her birthday, I surprised her with 3 set of sneakers and 2 teddy which was delivered from China. The following month, she told me "Sunday, you know what?, my parents wanna speak with you"

You know when your girlfriend's parents wanna talk to you?, your guess is as right as mine.

Back to the topic, be affectionate, show love, send gifts, if he/she sensed your genuineness, it affections will be reciprocated.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 11:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
7. Let her be involved in migration decision.

After 3 months into our relationship , I popped the question. Where will you prefer us to settle down? Lagos or US?. Deep down in my heart, I never wanted to settle in this country. Haba, why should I have oyinbo babe and still bring her to suffer in this buhari Era?. grin grin

But I wasn't sounding desperate by pushing her to know I was eager to migrate. Instead, I presented my country and her country for us to deliberate on. We talked about this and she was happy that I even presented my country which she also wanted to settle, Na so I change am and present bokoharam story to her. Lol) To cut the long story short, we both agreed and opted for Yankee Ooo. That's how we began the process of her visiting me in 9ja to fufill requirements for K1 visa (the two lovers must meet in person atleast 2 years prior to petition)
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
8. Don't choke your partner

Yes, it is understandable that some people likes 24/7 attention, but in the same vein, I have heard couple of girls/guys complaining of too much calls / visit from their lovers (9ja lovers ni oooo). grin

As I was saying. Create the impression that you have a life of your own, you have a job, you have something doing with your life. Don't just make yourself available 24/7 for your diaspora partner, define your life and let him/her know that you aren't idle. Another advantage is this, incase the relationship didn't work out, you won't have to regret saying "despite all the time I sacrificed for this person"., also, it won't make your partner see you as someone desperate for immigration under the pretense of relationship.

Give some break, but not too much.
Don't be available 24/7
Let your partner miss you and crave for you. cheesy
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Sunday0805: 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Let me pause here. I will continue later.
I'm sorry I had to create a new username. My babe knows my real username and could dig this up, that's why I go the anonymous route grin.

If you have questions, enquires, you can ask and quote me.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by lasthero: 11:39pm On Dec 30, 2018
Hmmmmmmm. Following.
Re: Tips To A Successful Interracial Dating/marriage by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 30, 2018
interest

(1) (Reply)

Wicked:man Tells Boy To Bring His Mom’s Panties For N500(see What Happened Next) / It Seems 2face & Annie Are Having Serious Problem (see What Happened) / Please Dont Cry My Atikulated Brothers And Sisters (come In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.