Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,538 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore (16879 Views)

2023: Saraki Tells Youths Not To Contest For Elections So As Not To Be Corrupted / Colloquium: Tinubu Apologises, Says He Meant 50,000 Youths Not 50 Million / Governor Ayade's CSO Kneels Down, Begs Youths Not To Burn FGGC, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by socialmediaman: 2:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
PreciousJuice:
The likes of sowore and Durotoye coming out to contest the presidency is a good indication that the youths will eventually take the wheels of this country from the Ancestors ruling us like its their birth right.
However, none of these young aspirants have what it takes to get this nation back on its feet at the moment.
Imagine sowore telling us he will legalise marijuana use to generate income cheesy, that is a catastrophic move in a fragile country like ours, things will definitely go out of control, legalising marijuana use is not the solution to our problems, it will only add more. For this reasons and many more let these young chaps keep contesting until the good old chaps get us back in the right track, then we can vote young minds to ensure we remain on the right path. Shalom.

You have duly exercised your right to expression, let me exercise mine as well. I completely disagree that they don’t have what it takes. We have courts to challenge a president’s move to foist his personal will on the people, that is, when we have a real democrat as president.

For instance, when the DSS was exposed in its botched operation to hijack the NASS and impeach Saraki, Osinbajo quickly reacted by sacking DSS boss to avoid embarrassment. If you were duly elected and didn’t use violence and intimidation, that’s how you’ll act to avoid losing public support

On another note, younger people will pay more attention to education and religious intolerance because they value education better and are often less fanatical on their views about religion

In conclusion, in as much as I did not vote or support Sowore simply because I thought it would be a wasted vote and he didn’t have the numbers to defeat the tyrant we have in office, I think the likes of Sowore are completely capable and qualified to be president, and could even do much better than whatever we’ve experienced as long as we keep them accountable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Buhari Should Address Nigerians, Not Through Garba Shehu / Mass Exodus Hits Kebbi APC, As 2 Ex-Dep. Govs, Ex-SSG, 2 Ex-SAs Defect To PDP / Bua Group Not Interested In Kogi Land, Company Replies State Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.