Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,046 members, 7,838,644 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore (16880 Views)

2023: Saraki Tells Youths Not To Contest For Elections So As Not To Be Corrupted / Colloquium: Tinubu Apologises, Says He Meant 50,000 Youths Not 50 Million / Governor Ayade's CSO Kneels Down, Begs Youths Not To Burn FGGC, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by pedrilo: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2018
Regional govt is the best solution to our problem not sowore.
Restructure the country to enable competitiveness n cooperation between the 6 federating units

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by LibraKing: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2018
He news house is not fair, always swing to the dance of the highest bidder , meaning his mind is corrupt and arrogant. Sowore is not really a good Democrat
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by obailala(m): 11:44am On Dec 31, 2018
kodded:
because he does not have any leadership experience, or do you think ruling a more multi cultural and dynamic country like Nigeria with different religions is the same with owning a news media in USA ?
The old folks with all the leadership experience that have ruled Nigeria since the 80's till date, where exactly has their tons of leadership experience led Nigeria to?

cc: Hundreddegrees

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by einsteine(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2018
You wrote an episode without explaining why we should vote for Sowore

The same Sowore that provided tacit media support for APC in 2015
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Twizzy30(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2018
i support his course and i will be voting for him. yeah i know he doesn't have a chance.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by nachinaGod: 11:49am On Dec 31, 2018
Let us face d reality now, fine sowore is young , active and vibrant but to speak d truth d guy(sowore) cannot win because election in Nigeria is money..not just money I mean huge amount of money and if u know u know u know...Nigeria has not gotten to dat stage where u will convince d masses on d kind of agenda u have for d country without backing it up with money and material thin....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by biosilicon: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2018
daveP:
He said some crap that made me just park him aside. Sensitive matters said without reasoning and caution shows he isnt ready atall.

Please what crap?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by dustydee: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2018
ItzBIM:
Because he does not have the skills and temperament to lead Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by naira0(m): 11:54am On Dec 31, 2018
ItzBIM:

This type of thinking is why he stands no chance, if only every one that said this statement will vote for him, then maybe it won’t be a two horse race.
He is part of the people that brought us where we are today. He doesn't deserve my vote. I watched his interview with the Minister of Communication and concluded safely that he is not yet ripe to be at the helm.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by InHim4Him(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2018
They are not supporting him because they know they are all the same. Too much talk and no action. Just like all other e-warriors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by ofiko123(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
Because he is not fit to be president... Shikena..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by ItzBIM(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
dustydee:

Because he does not have the skills and temperament to lead Nigeria.

But Buhari and Atiku does??
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by madridsta007(m): 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
ItzBIM:
A wise man once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I just went on a Sowore marathon watching his rally and interviews.

And i am worried and concerned why this man is not on every youth lips.

We can’t keep changing oppressors every four four years. Repeat play repeat play and expect a different result. Our current president is not eloquent enough, he never does any media interview, you can barely understand him anyway. But to have Ghost President who doesn’t even address sensitive issues about his nation is a slap in our faces, how long can we continue to live like this.

I’m sure Atiku can borrow the same manifesto Obasanjo used in 1999 because there is hardly anything that has fully accomplished since then.

You might say what experience does he have to become a president why not start from somewhere. And I will answer that with two examples. Nelson Mandela was an activist before he went to prison and came back
to become president of South Africa he had prior experience in any political office I think the rest his history. Second example Barack Obama, he was regarded as a community organiser though he was a senator for 6 months. He stabilised America not because he was a former senator but because he was a man of character. And if experience matter so much Obasanjo and Buhari were both head of state in 1976 and 1983 respectively. And I’m sure how we all know how it went when they became the president, so much for their experience.

The problem of Nigeria is at the top and that is where we should send some with brand new ideals too.

It’s really mind boggling that there are some youth who still believe this old heads with analog thinking.

We need a young man with fresh and innovative ideas, enough of this old heads who do not have our best interest at heart.

I urge you all you google and read about his promises for Nigeria and how he intends to implement them, so that this post won’t be to long for you to read.

And if any of you still think this old dinosaur are the best for the job then so be it however any hardship, suffering and misery inflicted on your life would be very well deserved.
every great dream begins with a dreamer.

Remember every dream starts with a dreamer, vote for who deserves to win not who you think will win.
[/s]

Because he is a boy of poor sense of judgement.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by SaintLucia: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2018
Mandela and others including Mugabe formed a party in their respective countries used the parties manifesto to fight for the interests and liberation of their people. Their political parties is even older than most of their country men they fought for by the time they became President of their countries compared to Sowore an America based online journalist who just woke up formed a political party (AAC) in less than a year and wanted to become the president of just not any country but Nigeria. Honestly speaking he need to start from the grassroots level not from the top.

In the case of Obama, Obama did not form a political party like Sowore. Obama joined a party which has ideology, a party which is older than all the Africa countries and many countries around the world. The party structure Obama met when he was a senator and activist had given him enough experience on what direction his policy should go. Obama like most American ex Presidents did not campaign with electricity, water, road infrastructure, corruption etc. Most of these infrastructures are on ground.

Finally leadership has nothing to do with age. The President of France a youth is facing the biggest challenges of his administration, this kind of situation in France happened during the old regime administration before the coming of Napoleon Bonaparte.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by ItzBIM(m): 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2018
einsteine:
You wrote an episode without explaining why we should vote for Sowore

The same Sowore that provided tacit media support for APC in 2015

I will tell you why in my next post
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by spiritedtete: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2018
Sowere and other youths lack what I will call political wisdom eg. Okoracha's trick. And many more.

I am surprised and even ashamed that he sowere will just want to grab the bull by the horn... After watching the game ceaselessly.. now tell me ask an average Nigerian who Sowere is?

To be honest we can't pin point of his achievements in human development in the Nigerian society.

Okay he owns Sahara reporter
Okay he was unilag student union leader
Okay he was part of many of Abiola's follower..
Okay a self titled activist with zero impact

Please who is sowere again? He is no different from the people we see who talks without a tangible impact in the society at large.

Now tell me.. how do we trust him to deliver Nigeria?

To be honest we don't know.

So who is sowere again... He is truly nobody who we don't care to know for now.

Perhaps until he start doing few things starting from his locality then we can trust him and sing his name all over Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Rumobaba: 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
There is nothing like, Change over night. The change we looking for, many of is not suppose to see. But our children will see it. Atleast Sowores Idea is new in Nigeria.
PreciousJuice:
The likes of sowore and Durotoye coming out to contest the presidency is a good indication that the youths will eventually take the wheels of this country from the Ancestors ruling us like its their birth right.
However, none of these young aspirants have what it takes to get this nation back on its feet at the moment.
Imagine sowore telling us he will legalise marijuana use to generate income cheesy, that is a catastrophic move in a fragile country like ours, things will definitely go out of control, legalising marijuana use is not the solution to our problems, it will only add more. For this reasons and many more let these young chaps keep contesting until the good old chaps get us back in the right track, then we can vote young minds to ensure we remain on the right path. Shalom.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by patrickmuf(m): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
I read the first page and shook my head, only the Op and a one or two guys made sense, the rest were just writing absolutely trash.
He does not have leadership qualities? What leadership qualities does Atiku or Buhari have? Thus is the same Sowore that led students to stand up against the military, for people to rally behind you to stand up to the then military junta it means they believe in your leadership.

He doesn't stand a chance and bla bla blab... Does Buhari stand a chance? Does Atiku stand a chance? If your reply is yes, know that they only stand a chance because you give them a chance, why not give Sowore or the other enterprising aspirants a chance too?

He wants to divide votes? Are you for real? Even people doubted Jesus so no surprises here.

Others are still bitter about the role Sahara reporters played in ousting GEJ, whether you admit it or not, the administration of GEJ was deeply immersed in corruption so its high time some of you get over the loss and move ahead.

I really feel bad reading from supposed youths, Buhari came and brought with him Saraki, Dino, Amaechi and co and at the end, nothing has changed, now we want them out but same idiotic youths are rallying behind Atiku that has in his camp, same Saraki, Dino, Tambuwal, Fayose etc are we cursed or something? I mean, is it so difficult to see that it's the same set of politicians that have impoverished us that are realigning again?

I am so ashamed of some of us, we are not ready to see the country that we so crave for...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Rumobaba: 12:19pm On Dec 31, 2018
Vote are bought,Vote are bought excuses.
risos:
When the political money bags love you. You'd certainly become president. In Nigeria votes are bought with cash.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by echodrum(m): 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
PreciousJuice:
The likes of sowore and Durotoye coming out to contest the presidency is a good indication that the youths will eventually take the wheels of this country from the Ancestors ruling us like its their birth right.
However, none of these young aspirants have what it takes to get this nation back on its feet at the moment.
Imagine sowore telling us he will legalise marijuana use to generate income cheesy, that is a catastrophic move in a fragile country like ours, things will definitely go out of control, legalising marijuana use is not the solution to our problems, it will only add more. For this reasons and many more let these young chaps keep contesting until the good old chaps get us back in the right track, then we can vote young minds to ensure we remain on the right path. Shalom.
Legalizing marijuana will not create any problem rather it will control already created problems. Do you realized that there was a time alcohol and cigarettes were illegal in many countries. Since cigarettes and alcohol are legal in Nigeria, how many problem has it created? The only reason I'm not supporting sowere is because he do not belong to one of the major parties so any vote casted to him will be a waste since. I expected him and other mushrooms parties to form a very mighty coalition in order to get the number of vote needed to win but that did not happen.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Atigba: 12:20pm On Dec 31, 2018
ItzBIM:
A wise man once said insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I just went on a Sowore marathon watching his rally and interviews.

And i am worried and concerned why this man is not on every youth lips.

We can’t keep changing oppressors every four four years. Repeat play repeat play and expect a different result. Our current president is not eloquent enough, he never does any media interview, you can barely understand him anyway. But to have Ghost President who doesn’t even address sensitive issues about his nation is a slap in our faces, how long can we continue to live like this.

I’m sure Atiku can borrow the same manifesto Obasanjo used in 1999 because there is hardly anything that has fully accomplished since then.

You might say what experience does he have to become a president why not start from somewhere. And I will answer that with two examples. Nelson Mandela was an activist before he went to prison and came back
to become president of South Africa he had prior experience in any political office I think the rest his history. Second example Barack Obama, he was regarded as a community organiser though he was a senator for 6 months. He stabilised America not because he was a former senator but because he was a man of character. And if experience matter so much Obasanjo and Buhari were both head of state in 1976 and 1983 respectively. And I’m sure how we all know how it went when they became the president, so much for their experience.

The problem of Nigeria is at the top and that is where we should send some with brand new ideals too.

It’s really mind boggling that there are some youth who still believe this old heads with analog thinking.

We need a young man with fresh and innovative ideas, enough of this old heads who do not have our best interest at heart.

I urge you all you google and read about his promises for Nigeria and how he intends to implement them, so that this post won’t be to long for you to read.

And if any of you still think this old dinosaur are the best for the job then so be it however any hardship, suffering and misery inflicted on your life would be very well deserved.
every great dream begins with a dreamer.

Remember every dream starts with a dreamer, vote for who deserves to win not who you think will win.

Because he is a fraud paid by APC
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Rumobaba: 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2018
Even the Educated are still Illiterate in Nigeria. I guess de buy wasec Jamb. So You can imagine our mindset. We as Youth cant even support our own. This country is doomed. I travelled to Skip to some Years back and I felt like a foreigner.
kamez:
you can't just vote for sowore because he is a youth... Nigerians are not idiots... sowore is a noise maker like oshiomole..the fact that we are advocating for youths to rule Nigeria doesn't mean that any youth that contest for an election is qualified...
you have to convince us that u deserve our votes. sowore is too controversial and from experience, noise makers are very bad leaders...

same way not every Nollywood artiste is qualified to rule.. people like banky w and Kenneth okonkwo believe that because they are Celebs and popular then they deserve our votes, that's bullshi*t..

young entrepreneurs with credibility and good well laid out plans for the country is what we need. not one Sahara reporter that has always been involved in controversies since the time of abiola
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by bantudra: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2018
you dont enter politics and immediatly become popular....politics dont work that way....people need to first know you....that could take a while......

and i think sowore doesnt understand how to play nigerian politics....

buhari had to first win over heavywheights like obansanjo to even have a chance sef....

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Yankiss(m): 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Frankyboy1:
Because majority of them are foolish! In all sincerity the best candidate for presidency is Ezekwisili, like Angela Merkel of Germany in four years, she will turn around and radicalise the political terrain of Nigeria, she has experience,zeal,passion,intelligence,patriotism and honesty! Coming behind her is Sowore, a revolutionalised and youthful candidate, he will change the order of things, and will put the common man first!
But we choose between old aged dying Bubu, and corrupt laden atiku with PDP waiting with open arms to replunder our treasuries! What a pity! Hopefully Buhari wins, dies after few months and Osibanjo continues, I have some level of unreserved faith in him and peter obi, as against their principals!
Where do we place Olawepo-Hashim?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by deeoh(m): 12:39pm On Dec 31, 2018
PreciousJuice:
you mean until they too become old and their ideas stale and we're forever trapped in the vicious cycle
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by theoldpretender(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
So why are we not voting for Sowore...

Because, let's be honest, Sowore does not have the support that he needs to become President.

Outside Lagos, Abuja and some other Nigerian cities , how many people know Sowore? Or the other Nigerian candidates.

The truth is, in politics, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. If you want things to change in Nigeria...vote for Atiku (yes, I have said it, and I hate myself for saying it, and personally, I won't be voting for any PDP or APC candidate)...because at the end of the day, we have 4 years to get rid of him if he does not perform.

And if Atiku's replacement does not perform, we vote them out, and keep on doing so, until the elite and the leaders see we mean business...then things will improve.

And most of us talking...how many of us are agitating for the candidates of the other small parties,like SDP, YPP, et al.? We all sit down, moan about how bad things are...then go and vote for the same old same old...and pretend we did it in Nigeria's interest.

Ah well....either way, Nigeria is in for a long and gloomy time till we wake up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Shikena(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2018
Because 'a people deserve the government it has'. Nigerians have always rejected those who genuinely fight for them. They love you when you are very good at telling them lies or concucting stupid stories. Above all, most prefer to sell the government impact on the next 4 years of their lives for N5,000 as they are only capable of thinking with their rotten stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Olawalesmarter(m): 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
kodded:
there is Donald duke and other credible leaders , I never mentioned those old men, but for a person like sowore, its a no no

You just don't like him..... I think you are just one of those people that have been paid .....look out what is coming out of your mouth... you are talking as if you have already seen the future

nigga will be using his first 4 years blaming everyone, we all witnessed it with buhari
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by kodded(m): 12:59pm On Dec 31, 2018
Olawalesmarter:
You just don't like him..... I think you are just one of those people that have been paid .....look out what is coming out of your mouth... you are talking as if you have already seen the future

have you ever seen a company in crisis giving an inexperienced newbie the role as the manager ?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by Olawalesmarter(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
Nigerians are just Stupid...... they keep assuming he would be bad and keep listing excuses not to vote him.....They will rather pick all these old men that have failed Nigerians and Destroy Nigeria than to give a Youth a Chance....... I think most of these people that are commenting are not Youths ...... Some Nigerians are just jealous and Don't want Any Youth to Head them and control them that's why you see most of those elders and old men going against youths all the time, they never support us and believe in us

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerian Youths Not Supporting Sowore by musicwriter(m): 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2018
ItzBIM:

The problem is not from the top alone, the top and bottom are one and the same. The top did not come from the moon.

The only way people like Sowore or Hashim could become president of Nigeria today is through a REVOLUTION.

Otherwise, the system of education must be good enough such that it can produce NEW breed of people who would replace the top. If education does not improve, you cannot improve anything!.

A nation cannot develop more than the system and standard of education they have.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Will Win South West With Landslide– Governor Adeleke / Former Abia Policeman Sentenced To Death By Hanging / Buhari's Reelection Will Further Divide Nigerians - Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.