Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze (26270 Views)

Herdsmen Set Yam Market On Fire,pictures / Farmer Dies In Ibadan After Fulani Herdsmen Set His Cashew Farm Ablaze / Pictures Of Benue Governor's Rice Farm Burnt By Hersmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by zombieTRACKER: 12:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
MalcoImX:

How dare a PDP supporter call someone evil. There's so much evil in PDP that I wonder whether you guys have conscience.

Boko Haram is busy chasing people away from borno.. Military are complaining about lack of weapons... That's after Buhari withdrew one billion dollars from ECA

What is more evil than that..
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
winj3:

Most reporting of herdsmen come from people who are the victims and witnesses, why don't you go there and physically verify otherwise!

The victims of fulani herdsmen know who the attackers are since they have lived side by side these people until the "troubles" started.

Do not rubbish the demise of others for your own narrow minded idiocy!

I live in northern Nigeria and know something about the Fulani and Fulani-farmer clashes. It has always been a problem even before we were born. My father, before his demise was a farmer, and we've suffered clashes with Fulani men invading farms before the time set for them to enter and feed on farm remains was due. There has always been traditional means of adjudication between the contending parties, and the Fulani, if at fault were fined and given appropriate punishments. But to have levelled the Fulani as the troublemakers in all the fracas, and a call by some to label them [a tribe and their livelihood] as terrorists is what we are not able to understand.

The question is, why is it so much a problem now?

It became so much a problem because those reporting these skirmishes have inbuilt fear and maybe a dislike of the Fulani. They also may not have lived with the Fulani enough to know them, or diminishing resources and ethnic jingoism could be at fault. To some extent, the government's lack of decisiveness in terms of proactive laws and punishments is a factor. The problem became a national disaster with the onset of democracy, made worse by those who would do anything to discredit the government of Buhari, a Fulani man.
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 1:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
zombieTRACKER:

Boko Haram is busy chasing people away from borno.. Military are complaining about lack of weapons... That's after Buhari withdrew one billion dollars from ECA

What is more evil than that..

Even with the setbacks, I will give you one assignment:

If you have a friend/relative in those areas, call him/her for assessment between GEJ's PDP times and now?

Don't be here writing partisan stories you can't defend, try and be balanced and report what obtains.
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by Shikini: 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
SalamRushdie:
if Nigerians dont chase Buhari away Terrorist will chase Nigerians away from their country
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Onliie:
What will everyday criminal gain from setting rice farm ablaze
In the same vein, if those alleged were herdsmen, what would they gain by setting the farm ablaze? Don't you think they lose more, since their livestock won't have anything to feed from the remains in the farm?
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by winj3: 9:49am On Jan 07, 2019
MalcoImX:

I live in northern Nigeria and know something about the Fulani and Fulani-farmer clashes. It has always been a problem even before we were born. My father, before his demise was a farmer, and we've suffered clashes with Fulani men invading farms before the time set for them to enter and feed on farm remains was due. There has always been traditional means of adjudication between the contending parties, and the Fulani, if at fault were fined and given appropriate punishments. But to have levelled the Fulani as the troublemakers in all the fracas, and a call by some to label them [a tribe and their livelihood] as terrorists is what we are not able to understand.

The question is, why is it so much a problem now?

It became so much a problem because those reporting these skirmishes have inbuilt fear and maybe a dislike of the Fulani. They also may not have lived with the Fulani enough to know them, or diminishing resources and ethnic jingoism could be at fault. To some extent, the government's lack of decisiveness in terms of proactive laws and punishments is a factor. The problem became a national disaster with the onset of democracy, made worse by those who would do anything to discredit the government of Buhari, a Fulani man.

Let me be blunt, it is not just the Fulani herdsmen that are terrorists, the Fulani hegemony is by and large a terror organization inflicting terrible damage in human cost, economic and social-political catastrophe on Nigerians! Any attempt to whitewash it is naive and docile.

All my childhood and into maturity, from the fulani military officers coming to our house, to the fulani politicians I encountered, to the fulani herdsman I met growing up there is a sense of entitlement that meant the lives of other Nigerians and their property can be sacrificed anytime for their own benefit.

Buhari is a small fish in the Fulani Hegemony, he cannot declare war on Fulani herdsmen and terrorists and he will not openly disparage them - so yes he is part of the terrorism and he knows it!

The fulani have been known to give Nigeria a taste of their power and influence in Nigeria (especially during the and after the presidency of a southerner).

If you need the guidebook of how Fulanis operate in every sector of Nigeria let me know and I will draw it down for you. The Fulani herdsman is essentially a soldiers of the Fulani hegemony and even Buhari cannot rid them of their weapons and daily killing spree.
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 11:57am On Jan 07, 2019
winj3:

Let me be blunt, it is not just the Fulani herdsmen that are terrorists, the Fulani hegemony is by and large a terror organization inflicting terrible damage in human cost, economic and social-political catastrophe on Nigerians! Any attempt to whitewash it is naive and docile.

All my childhood and into maturity, from the fulani military officers coming to our house, to the fulani politicians I encountered, to the fulani herdsman I met growing up there is a sense of entitlement that meant the lives of other Nigerians and their property can be sacrificed anytime for their own benefit.

Buhari is a small fish in the Fulani Hegemony, he cannot declare war on Fulani herdsmen and terrorists and he will not openly disparage them - so yes he is part of the terrorism and he knows it!

The fulani have been known to give Nigeria a taste of their power and influence in Nigeria (especially during the and after the presidency of a southerner).

If you need the guidebook of how Fulanis operate in every sector of Nigeria let me know and I will draw it down for you. The Fulani herdsman is essentially a soldiers of the Fulani hegemony and even Buhari cannot rid them of their weapons and daily killing spree.

There it is - the fear of the Fulani I referred earlier that colour most labellings and discourses.

There's always one thing or the other to blame for one's perceived lack of headway. It is either the Fulani, the Fulani hegemony, the Sokoto caliphate, Hausa, Hausa-Fulani, the North or Islam.

If you proceed from the view and admitted the superiority of the Fulani - militarily and politically - there's nothing you can do but to live with that siege mentality.
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by winj3: 2:02pm On Jan 07, 2019
MalcoImX:
There it is - the fear of the Fulani I referred earlier that colour most labellings and discourses.

There's always one thing or the other to blame for one's perceived lack of headway. It is either the Fulani, the Fulani hegemony, the Sokoto caliphate, Hausa, Hausa-Fulani, the North or Islam.

If you proceed from the view and admitted the superiority of the Fulani - militarily and politically - there's nothing you can do but to live with that siege mentality.

Your attempts to rewrite history and distort the current dynamics at play in Nigeria will not work, the Fulanis capitalize on the disunity of other Nigerian tribes in their acquisition of massive wealth and political influence- How a semi literate, sick Fulani herdsman emerged president in a country with so much potential like Nigeria is living proof.

How my school mates, colleagues and peer group of Fulani extraction managed to gain admissions into schools, colleges, military institutions and appointments... not based on merit is proof of that.

siege?
Go ask the Fulani terrorists why they operate with impunity and why the presidency, military and security services are reluctant to stop their excesses.
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2019
winj3:

Your attempts to rewrite history and distort the current dynamics at play in Nigeria will not work, the Fulanis capitalize on the disunity of other Nigerian tribes in their acquisition of massive wealth and political influence- How a semi literate, sick Fulani herdsman emerged president in a country with so much potential like Nigeria is living proof.

How my school mates, colleagues and peer group of Fulani extraction managed to gain admissions into schools, colleges, military institutions and appointments... not based on merit is proof of that.

siege?
Go ask the Fulani terrorists why they operate with impunity and why the presidency, military and security services are reluctant to stop their excesses.

What are you if you alleged that semi-illiterates are smarter than you?
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by winj3: 8:39am On Jan 08, 2019
MalcoImX:

What are you if you alleged that semi-illiterates are smarter than you?

You must be a semi-illiterate if you could not understand what I wrote...
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by Belteshazzar1: 9:10am On Jan 08, 2019
hmmmmm............... what a tragedy
Re: Herdsmen Set Governor Ortom’s Rice Farm Ablaze by MalcoImX: 3:25pm On Jan 08, 2019
winj3:

You must be a semi-illiterate if you could not understand what I wrote...

You alleged that the Fulani are not only semi-illiterates but are also powerful and privileged, and I ask: What are you if a semi-illiterate seem smarter and more powerful than you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Labour Party Can’t Prove Election Malpractices In Lagos – Robert Clark / Who Founded Lagos: Yoruba Or Binis? Oba Of Benin’s Claim Stirs Controversy, Agai / Kyari, Tijjani Yusuf, Others Still Listed As Buhari’s Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.