Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2195828 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kmgb1: 7:53am On Apr 25, 2019
WaldowIMMICAD:
You need to get a driving extract, which is your driving history which stats that you have been driving from a number of years in your country. The only benefit you will get is that if you have more than 2 years of experience, you can directly give G test after obtaining G1 license. For G1 you should give your exam before your license expires and submit the Driving extract.

Understood. Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ijeaify: 8:56am On Apr 25, 2019
Hello people please does any one have acams study pack
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Omoolope2023: 2:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Philippians4v9:

As long as you were a resident of Canada as at December 31, 2018 you have to file taxes even if you did not receive any income.

Madam Wolo, I am a subscriber on your channel.

Please, do one pay tax on funds transferred from your Nigeria bank account into one's Canadian account?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Theokleia: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ethelia:

Be careful... I had one torrent app I was using when I landed. Only to receive an email form Telus telling me that my account had been flagged for copyright infringement lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . The letter contained the full details of the series I was watching. Fear almost finished me. I had to call them and sort it out. Nobody told me to register for Netflix the next day.

WOW!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
This may be useful

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
4Barr:

You can try this https://popcorntime.sh/

or if you have a recent Smart TV, download Smart IPTV from your TV store and subscribe to internet Tv (its about $90 Annually with over 5,000 channels including Canadian Channels, African channels, USA, UK etc) --- https://bestbuyiptv.net/

Streaming isn't exactly illegal in Canada, downloading is. http://www.michaelgeist.ca/2015/01/stream-canadian-law-views-online-streaming-video/

If you receive a notice fom your ISP, you dont have to respond, as a matter of fact responding is what exposes you. (IP addresses aren’t exact – they’re like a license plate. They can provide information about who owns the car, but not who is driving) - A probable defence is that your WiFi isn't on a password so anyone could be connected)

https://globalnews.ca/news/1752246/new-regulations-about-illegal-downloading-go-into-effect/
https://globalnews.ca/news/3179760/no-you-do-not-have-to-pay-a-settlement-fee-if-you-get-an-illegal-download-notice/

NB. This is not a legal opinion!
Some say the company (if serious) can get a court order and the isp will have no choice but to expose the customer.

"How names, addresses are revealed:
Now, studios are identifying an IP address, suing the unknown person associated with that address and then getting a Norwich order through the Federal Court of Canada against the internet service provider to obtain the customer's name and address."

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5100700

A friend streamed a tv show (GOT) via popcorn and received a notice from the isp. I believe they track anysite that host torrents.

11 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by divabee: 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jumdah20:
Hi, I used Alausa

Pls can I get your contact person there and how long did it take?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 4Barr: 7:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
salford:

Some say the company (if serious) can get a court order and the isp will have no choice but to expose the customer.

"How names, addresses are revealed:
Now, studios are identifying an IP address, suing the unknown person associated with that address and then getting a Norwich order through the Federal Court of Canada against the internet service provider to obtain the customer's name and address."

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5100700

A friend streamed a tv show (GOT) via popcorn and received a notice from the isp. I believe they track anysite that host torrents.

I think its safe to avoid popcorn cos there are different versions out there, some safe and some otherwise except you are using a VPN.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford: 7:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
4Barr:

I think its safe to avoid popcorn cos there are different versions out there, some safe and some otherwise except you are using a VPN.
Yeah. I forgot about vpns.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kylexy61(m): 10:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
4Barr:

or if you have a recent Smart TV, download Smart IPTV from your TV store and subscribe to internet Tv (its about $90 Annually with over 5,000 channels including Canadian Channels, African channels, USA, UK etc) --- https://bestbuyiptv.net/

OMG!! Thank you soooo much for this. I just subscribed to the free 2-day trial service. I'm stoked. Access to tv channels from pretty much everywhere in the world.

Awesome!

28 Likes 44 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 4Barr: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
kylexy61:

OMG!! Thank you soooo much for this. I just subscribed to the free 2-day trial service. I'm stoked. Access to tv channels from pretty much everywhere in the world.

Awesome!

Nice, I find the option cheaper than infringing IP rights cos you get to pay although not as expensive as the likes of NETFLIX, CRAVE etc and it has better coverage in terms of actual TV. If you are a GOT fan, tune in to HBO East (under USA) or Sky Atlantic (under UK) 7:00pm every Sunday to watch the show live. Cheers!

You can also use this link to see the channels showing any football match, too many channels can be overwhelming sometimes. https://bestbuyiptv.net/soccer-schedule/

28 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kylexy61(m): 1:20am On Apr 26, 2019
4Barr:

Nice, I find the option cheaper than infringing IP rights cos you get to pay although not as expensive as the likes of NETFLIX, CRAVE etc and it has better coverage in terms of actual TV. If you are a GOT fan, tune in to HBO East (under USA) or Sky Atlantic (under UK) 7:00pm every Sunday to watch the show live. Cheers!

You can also use this link to see the channels showing any football match, too many channels can be overwhelming sometimes. https://bestbuyiptv.net/soccer-schedule/

Thank you so much. I'm a GOT fan. Very helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 26, 2019
Thank you everyone, I have finally gotten a 2 bedroom basement and i will be moving in on May 1st...thats the best ive seen so far,good thing is i can leave anytime as long as i give a month notice...i really appreciate everyone's suggestions and offer for help! God bless ya all!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 6:10am On Apr 26, 2019
WoodcrestMayor:
Hello everyone...it's your favourite "Hornline" banker

How woodcrest, I'm sure all is going well?

Please do you have any info or advise to share on Children's account or investments? Thanks in advance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by makanaky2017(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2019
Please kindly advise me,I bag HND in Marketing from the polytechnic which Canada program you recommend I intend going there to live&work ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pearlito: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2019
Good morning. Pls help a sister oo. How did you get it na pls. Am in the same shoes ooo for two weeks now. Pls this has given me sleepless nights. Help. Kindly send your email address so that I can pm plsss.

quote author=Barryston post=77860721]Thank you everyone, I have finally gotten a 2 bedroom basement and i will be moving in on May 1st...thats the best ive seen so far,good thing is i can leave anytime as long as i give a month notice...i really appreciate everyone's suggestions and offer for help! God bless ya all![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 26, 2019
Barryston:
Thank you everyone, I have finally gotten a 2 bedroom basement and i will be moving in on May 1st...thats the best ive seen so far,good thing is i can leave anytime as long as i give a month notice...i really appreciate everyone's suggestions and offer for help! God bless ya all!
MI

Nice one bro. Pls how much did it cost

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by reniduke(f): 9:38am On Apr 26, 2019
Hello everyone. Im a newcomer to the thread. Please is Yam a contraband item to travel with or its good to go. Has anyone travelled with yam before?
Also for those that cargoed their items, are there any disadvantages to doing so?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:55am On Apr 26, 2019
reniduke:
Hello everyone. Im a newcomer to the thread. Please is Yam a contraband item to travel with or its good to go. Has anyone travelled with yam before?
Also for those that cargoed their items, are there any disadvantages to doing so?
Yam in itself is not a contraband item but on the banned list is '...anything containing soil...'
So the only way to bring in your yam is to bring it peeled

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:57am On Apr 26, 2019
Ethelia:

Be careful... I had one torrent app I was using when I landed. Only to receive an email form Telus telling me that my account had been flagged for copyright infringement lipsrsealed lipsrsealed . The letter contained the full details of the series I was watching. Fear almost finished me. I had to call them and sort it out. Nobody told me to register for Netflix the next day.
Good Lord!! shocked cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2019
So final landing...

Download all possible movies before you land... after u land, register for Netflix, go to the Cinema or collect movies with hard disk (with caution ooo)

Ethelia:

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 10:20am On Apr 26, 2019
raphrulz:
So final landing...

Download all possible movies before you land... after u land, register for Netflix, go to the Cinema or collect movies with hard disk (with caution ooo)

The download option before landing sef bad.

I remember downloading a movie before landing.

One day, I received a warning notice about illegal acquisition of that same movie from bell.

The basic thing is as far as your pc is connected to the internet, and you downloaded via torrent before landing, somehow tracking has started.

How this works/happens is a long story...

Bottom line, avoid downloading.... Rather stream or subscribe to save yourself the hassles....

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Elektra008(f): 10:35am On Apr 26, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Yam in itself is not a contraband item but on the banned list is '...anything containing soil...'

What if the yams are washed thoroughly, I mean with the kind of thoroughness of an obsessive/compulsive?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by reniduke(f): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2019
Peeled Yam! �
Ifeoma77:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by reniduke(f): 10:46am On Apr 26, 2019
I need the answer to this question too dear senior landers?
Elektra008:

What if the yams are washed thoroughly, I mean with the kind of thoroughness of an obsessive/compulsive?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 10:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Elektra008:

grin grin grin grin
Might work. Unfortunately no one I know has been brave enough to try cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by raphrulz: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2019
Won't it spoil?

Elektra008:

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.