Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,305 members, 7,957,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:02 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2312309 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Brokenvessels: 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2019
Another good money transfer website is transferwise.com. They usually have the best rate. Also, azimo, paysend are also money transfer websites.

22 Likes 51 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
embarassed
Snowy day in Edmonton today

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
Barryston:
Thank you everyone, I have finally gotten a 2 bedroom basement and i will be moving in on May 1st...thats the best ive seen so far,good thing is i can leave anytime as long as i give a month notice...i really appreciate everyone's suggestions and offer for help! God bless ya all!

Please confirm that the basement has a carbon monoxide detector, ventilation as well as adequate heating more so because a little one is involved

35 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
The tubers of yam were clean. There was no need to wash off.
Stencil:
That's good to know! Did you have to thoroughly wash the soil off it?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 5:04pm On Apr 27, 2019
WaldowIMMICAD:
so I am here to help people out

Welcome on board
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by finishedworks: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=mbhs139 post=77826306]

NDLEA Uncovers How Airport Staff Smuggled Drugs into Passangers Luggage.

https://dailypost.ng/2019/04/24/ndlea-uncovers-airport-cartel-planting-hard-drugs-passengers-luggage/

Soulbroda shared these audios by an airport staff about how one can be extra vigilant but it's in yoruba.

someone translated it and had this to say "The guy appears to be an airline agent who checks in passengers and is shares his experience on some related incidents he has witnessed".

There are 2 ways they generally plant these substances on people.

1. They look out for people who do not check in their maximum luggage pieces i.e. you check in 1 bag as against your 2-luggage allowance. So they check in a 2nd luggage in your name in collabo with airline staff. The way to mitigate this is to ensure you are only given one luggage claim tag. In the event that you find yourself in such circumstance, your evidence is your claim tag which should have 1/23 written clearly on it (1 piece of luggage weighing 23kg)"

"The 2nd one is the most deadly- usually perpetrated by luggage handlers. They allow you complete your check-in and simply open and insert the item into your bag...for this one there is no remedy yet as airlines are still fighting with nahco to install cctv cameras in the hall where luggage handlers sort

This is so heart breaking y will ppl be so heartless. Maybe the solution is to padlock your bags and use thread and needles to say short the outter pockets. God save us from evil people

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SIRTee15: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
arogun78:

Thanks. I am not in Canada but a friend of mine in Canada wants to send me some money. The person is not a Nigeria.

But in Egypt, we have some Nigerians doing instant money transfer. You give them dollars and they transfer the equivalent in naira to your account. I don't know if you have them too in Canada. The person doesn't want to use western union because the money is little.

please. help me find out if they do that there too and their location. Thanks
Tell your friend to use world remit or azimo....
They are online transfer app.....
U get the money same day within minutes....
I'm very sure of azimo.....
No need for all these middle men....

14 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Stencil: 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2019
Lighten up grin I was only smiling at the repetition (in Canada vs out of Nigeria). Nothing serious bro. Another one I've used is Transferwise. The only down side is that it is not instant. They have very good rates though. If you can wait a day or so to receive the money then you will probably get a better deal.

arogun78:

You bolded some phrases ( with a grin) in my message as if you were insinuating at something.
Thanks anyways. I have told him about the WorldRemit.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by daicee: 9:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hello people...

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before...i just found this thread.

Mine is a family of 3 and will be landing soon. I still don't know how best to carry my funds....i have heard people say carry the money with you- Carrying funds for a family of 3, please how safe is that? Is that the best option

Please I really need response.

God bless you all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sunkieisland(m): 10:12pm On Apr 27, 2019
arogun78:

Thanks. I am not in Canada but a friend of mine in Canada wants to send me some money. The person is not a Nigeria.

But in Egypt, we have some Nigerians doing instant money transfer. You give them dollars and they transfer the equivalent in naira to your account. I don't know if you have them too in Canada. The person doesn't want to use western union because the money is little.

please. help me find out if they do that there too and their location. Thanks
Use Bitcoin. Simple and easy

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by klexycole(m): 1:25am On Apr 28, 2019
Godisincontrol:
embarassed

God is in control. embarassed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:33am On Apr 28, 2019
Ok i will do just that before moving in...thanks alot
Godisincontrol:

Please confirm that the basement has a carbon monoxide detector, ventilation as well as adequate heating more so because a little one is involved

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 234ng44uk(m): 7:22am On Apr 28, 2019
jjohndoe83:
I think you should let sleeping dogs lie. The conversation you're trying to resurrect happened over a month ago and the persons involved have since moved on. What's the point of this exactly?

I'm just catching up on the thread, that is why my response is coming late. The antagonism to that landing gist from White ass lickers is just so hurting when @titiclassy might have been a victim of racial discrimination. I took time to respond to you because you cut across as someone with a good head. Not like the other frustrated low-life
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Binary(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2019
Pls someone is asking me about using Solomon island passport to travel to Canada. I have no ideal about that and don't if any have know about it. I need to advise him on it. He said he is about starting the processing tomorrow so I don't know what to tell him your advice will help me to educate him if to go ahead not.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 10:21am On Apr 28, 2019
The Canadian Black Chamber of Commerce held its launch event Thursday evening (25/04/19) in Toronto, with the aim of creating better economic opportunities and growth for Canada's many black communities.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadian-black-chamber-commerce-1.5113473

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/99#77152322

Binary:
Pls someone is asking me about using Solomon island passport to travel to Canada. I have no ideal about that and don't if any have know about it. I need to advise him on it. He said he is about starting the processing tomorrow so I don't know what to tell him your advice will help me to educate him if to go ahead not.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MrsQ(f): 10:44am On Apr 28, 2019
Happy sunday guys, I and my husband intend to land in june, though he’ll be soft landing to come back by the end of the year, basically that leaves just me. I am thinking of getting a shared accommodation but i need your opinion.
My questions are:
1. Putting security & finacials( i am trying to conserve out fund) into consideration is shared accommodation a smart move?
2. How easy is it to get?
3. What sites do you recommend i visit?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hotstepper(f): 12:14pm On Apr 28, 2019
where r u landing? kijiji.ca is good

MrsQ:
Happy sunday guys, I and my husband intend to land in june, though he’ll be soft landing to come back by the end of the year, basically that leaves just me. I am thinking of getting a shared accommodation but i need your opinion.
My questions are:
1. Putting security & finacials( i am trying to conserve out fund) into consideration is shared accommodation a smart move?
2. How easy is it to get?
3. What sites do you recommend i visit?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cutieplum(f): 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hi all. Please I have a little confusion that i'd like get a proper explanation for. We will be landing in Toronto in July and continue afterwards to Ottawa and we intend sending the rest of our belongings by cargo, however the quotes for cargo from Lagos to Ottawa, is quite high when compared to that of Lagos to Toronto. I am considering asking them to send it to Montreal airport as its closer to Ottawa than Toronto and moreso the cost of cargo is same as that of Lagos to Toronto. So my questions are;
(1) considering that I would be completing my landing formalities in Toronto airport and would submit a copy of my goods to follow list there, is it acceptable to send our belongings by cargo to Montreal airport?
(2) can a relative receive them on my behalf while we take on a road trip with our host to go pick them up there?
@Salford @Newmum0615

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
234ng44uk:

I'm just catching up on the thread, that is why my response is coming late. The antagonism to that landing gist from White ass lickers is just so hurting when @titiclassy might have been a victim of racial discrimination. I took time to respond to you because you cut across as someone with a good head. Not like the other frustrated low-life
She might have been a victim of racism and she might not have.
The person you are quoting asked the right question.

Someone also shared his experience where he thought it was racism but the airline official explained everything to him.

TheCongo2:

That reminds me of one of my trips to South Africa.
I was taking a KLM flight from Johannesburg back to Toronto via Amsterdam.

We were seating in the waiting area to board the aircraft and I realized I was the only black person.
It was time to board the aircraft and we were on the line to hand out our boarding pass.

After handing my boarding pass, I was on my way to enter the aircraft. However, there was a white South African agent standing and watching the passengers entering the aircraft.

When he saw me, he wanted to see my passport. Something I didn't see him ask any of the other white travellers before me.

No way, I was upset. I ask him, " Why only me? Why you didn't ask any of the other travellers for their passports?". In my mind this was a clear case of racial profiling. So, I needed an explanation.

In a very calm and friendly manner, the white man explained to me that all the other travellers have the European Union passport. He said he could tell a European Union passport from a distance. And travellers with EU passports didn't need visas to go to Amsterdam. Given that my passport had a different color from everyone else's, he wanted to ensure I was authorized to travel to Amsterdam.

After showing him my Canadian passport, he said "Thank you for your co-operation and have a safe trip"

It wasn't the color of my skin as I originally thought

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godisincontrol: 3:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
Barryston:
Ok i will do just that before moving in...thanks alot

You are most welcome
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ifeoma77(f): 4:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
Godisincontrol:
embarassed
cry cry cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Calgary during the snow storm

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AdetonaDami(m): 6:21pm On Apr 28, 2019
arogun78:
Hello,everyone. Please what is the fastest way to send money to Nigeria from Canada. Thanks

Download pingexpress bro....fastest way you can imagine.

17 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by vascey(m): 7:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
Sign up for Airbnb and get $45 CAD off your first adventure. Here’s my invitation link: https://abnb.me/e/8EW2eF4igW

1 Like 9 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by daicee: 8:22pm On Apr 28, 2019
daicee:
Hello people...

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before...i just found this thread.

Mine is a family of 3 and will be landing soon. I still don't know how best to carry my funds....i have heard people say carry the money with you- Carrying funds for a family of 3, please how safe is that? Is that the best option

Please I really need response.

God bless you all.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mizwisdom(f): 8:51pm On Apr 28, 2019
flyboi1:
Calgary during the snow storm
Looks scary, stay safe
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by toboy: 9:07pm On Apr 28, 2019
Hello Everyone, happy Sunday.
Please, I wanted to seek for your advice. How possibly can one get an emergency travel document or new passport from the Nigerian High commission in Canada? I am a very worrying situation where the UK Visa Office is having processing delays and can't seem to return my passport. I NEED to travel outside of Canada in the middle of next week for a very important reason.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (732) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: stevolinkon40 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.