Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2187368 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Joyben1234: 10:29am On Aug 04, 2019
BishopHNO:

You don't look for relatives except you lost their contacts. Maybe I don't know what your understanding of relatives is regarding Manitoba PNP. You may read the guidelines again.
Please I don't have relatives in Manitoba,all I need is someone that we help me out so that I can complete my application.i hope you understand me now.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CheesyTee(f): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2019
Unfortunately, this is not possible as it is misrepresentation.

There are required documents to prove familial relationship. Part of which birth certificate is among. For example, if you claim your sponsor is your cousin, your birth certificate and your cousin’s will be submitted. Same with both of your parents to show relationship.

Hope you understand? It is better to decline LOI than face 5 years ban due to misrepresentation. Selah
Joyben1234:

Please I don't have relatives in Manitoba,all I need is someone that we help me out so that I can complete my application.i hope you understand me now.
Thanks

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 1:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
akinajibola:

@salfod1 and @CanadianNaija thank you very much I appreciate your response, I simply needed to clarify a friend's claim on the possibility of living in Canada without having to go through the EE route. She claimed people now take the visit/asylum route.
https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/315879/index.do

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/367911/index.do

7 out of 10 asylum cases from Nigerians are denied. It doesn't matter if you claim homosexuality, Bokoharam or domestic violence.
If someone tells you they know people who have done it, do not believe them, there's a 3 year backlog for asylum cases.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hernyhorla: 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2019
You are very correct as I have not read of any case that was successful recently

AZeD1:

7 out of 10 asylum cases from Nigerians are denied. It doesn't matter if you claim homosexuality, Bokoharam or domestic violence.
If someone tells you they know people who have done it, do not believe them, there's a 3 year backlog for asylum cases.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2019
Joyben1234:

Please is it possible for me to get someone in Manitoba that can reference me.i have less than 30days to submit my full application.i just need help.

What you're asking for is illegal, just so you know.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by efueh: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2019
Whether you are real with your question or not, pleae do know that such illegality is not supported/tolerated here. This forum only support everything and anything that involves due process in your immigration journey.

Be guided accordingly.

Joyben1234:

Please is it possible for me to get someone in Manitoba that can reference me.i have less than 30days to submit my full application.i just need help.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Joyben1234: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2019
CanadianNaija:

What you're asking for is illegal, just so you know.

Okay .thank you.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Joyben1234: 5:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
CheesyTee:
Unfortunately, this is not possible as it is misrepresentation.

There are required documents to prove familial relationship. Part of which birth certificate is among. For example, if you claim your sponsor is your cousin, your birthday certificate and your cousin’s will be submitted. Same with both of your parents to show relationship.

Hope you understand? It is better to decline LOI than face 5 years ban due to misrepresentation. Selah

Noted

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blooit004: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Is it advisable to land in missisauga Ontario and stay temporarily with my younger sister and her family before getting my own accommodation and job, or I should go to a countryside...(say saskoon) to hustle and forge my own part without knowing anyone there yet? I'm a single 30year old health professional, will appreciate your advice.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maternal: 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2019
AZeD1:

I know a few people going through the process. To begin with a claiment gets a work permit for those 3 years, and children would have access to free schooling and healthcare. For those 3 years, any person who has sense can find a way to stay. So maybe marry someone and give them belle. If Canada rejects their claim for example, they can appeal on compassionate grounds; saying it'd be punishment to separate a man from his pikin and wife. With a 3 year span to brainstorm, a true hustler can find a way to legalize themselves. And after the appeal, it can even take a year plus to hear the appeal; further giving a person more time to hustle the system. I know a few who have got papers this route.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Winterpeg: 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
Advil:

Thank you very much. I accepted mine too but some agency guy kept telling me there is an acceptance letter that includes the tuition fees, cost of living and amount you are supposed to pay like a deposit to show commitment.
No, there is nothing like that. After the registration portal opened I then registered for my courses, applied for accommodation, submitted my photo for my id (u can also do that when u resume but was told there will be a rush by then). After u register ur courses, u will be sent a bill of how much u will pay. There is an orientation coming up first week in September too.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hotstepper(f): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2019
Stay with your sis.

Blooit004:
Good afternoon everyone, please I need advice.

My application crossed the 6months timeline about two weeks ago. Eligibility is met when I called to enquire about status last week so I'm hopeful I'll get the PPR mail anytime soon. I intend to buy my flight ticket as soon as I get my PPR mail hence the advise I seek..

Is it advisable to land in missisauga Ontario and stay temporarily with my younger sister and her family before getting my own accommodation and job, or I should go to a countryside...(say saskoon) to hustle and forge my own part without knowing anyone there yet? I'm a single 30year old health professional, will appreciate your advice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Narkoya: 7:23pm On Aug 04, 2019
einsteino:

There might be but I am not sure, its most likely the GTA you'd find. Are you in London?

I'm not in London. Landing in October and trying to make a decision between Hamilton and London.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 04, 2019
maternal:

I know a few people going through the process. To begin with a claiment gets a work permit for those 3 years, and children would have access to free schooling and healthcare. For those 3 years, any person who has sense can find a way to stay. So maybe marry someone and give them belle. If Canada rejects their claim for example, they can appeal on compassionate grounds; saying it'd be punishment to separate a man from his pikin and wife. With a 3 year span to brainstorm, a true hustler can find a way to legalize themselves. And after the appeal, it can even take a year plus to hear the appeal; further giving a person more time to hustle the system. I know a few who have got papers this route.
It's why I said 7 /10 do not make it.

For those who get though this route, there's a hidden trap which is you cannot visit Nigeria until you get a Canadian passport.

Also worth noting with elections this year, immigration is a big topic hence the crack down.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by einsteino(m): 9:33pm On Aug 04, 2019
Narkoya:

I'm not in London. Landing in October and trying to make a decision between Hamilton and London.

okay. Hamilton is closer to Toronto, about 30mins drive while London is roughly two and half hours drive away. I have been to hamilton once, it is an okay place. I haven't been to London before but I would be there this week.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ugoguchy(f): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2019
Try your luck kinda process,I didn’t even know milk wasn’t allowed

quote author=Fyorgyn post=80852619]On the milk matter.

I did take milk for my toddler AND declared it. The CBP officer actually said that although milk is prohibited, they understand that children can take time to adjust so they (CBP officers) can (at their discretion) sometimes allow some quantity of milk especially for young children.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Majesticniyi(m): 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2019
Our humble attempt at a beach...Chestermere Lake, Alberta cool

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eddy4400: 8:26am On Aug 05, 2019
Transformium:
Hi Eddy4400, Any update yet on yours?

Nope, how about yours?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 4evaco: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2019
Hi all. Is there anyone living in Hamilton, Ontario here? Please I would like to connect with you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Transformium: 11:00am On Aug 05, 2019
Eddy4400:

Nope, how about yours?

Just Biometric request
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 12:28pm On Aug 05, 2019
grin

It is a highly regulated market to protect Canadian farmers.

emmatrack:

Pardon me to ask this question - is it that they don't drink milk in Canada, or what? grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 12:29pm On Aug 05, 2019
Waves hand.

Unless it is personal, you can ask the question here.

4evaco:
Hi all. Is there anyone living in Hamilton, Ontario here? Please I would like to connect with you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmatrack(m): 1:13pm On Aug 05, 2019
joo2018:
grin

It is a highly regulated market to protect Canadian farmers.

Oh, I see cheesy it's sometimes good to ask queshon cool
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 4evaco: 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2019
joo2018:
Waves hand.

Unless it is personal, you can ask the question here.

Thank you for responding. I'm very happy to meet you. I just sent you a pm.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 2:40pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hurricanecol11:
Hi,
Please is this still available? I've sent you PM

. I don't know why I didn't see your pm but you reply my pm if you can ,I don't have a room or house yet moving into the city soon
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mystiqme: 3:10pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hi everyone,
I am resuming for work in Kamloops, BC, and I need accommodation. Is anyone on nairaland there that can help? I'll really appreciate.
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mystiqme: 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: CokeBar(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.