Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2182868 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yemsot: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2019
whizqueen:
LANDING GIST BY WHIZQUEEN

Travel Date - 9th September 2019
Airline - EgyptAir
Routes - Lagos - Cairo - Toronto
Destination - Mississauga, GTA, Ontario

I quite enjoy your gist. It was as if the cool breeze for canada blow reach my side when you entered toronto in your video

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by whizqueen(f): 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2019
Yemsot:

I quite enjoy your gist. It was as if the cool breeze for canada blow reach my side when you entered toronto in your video

Hahah nice thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Babateemd: 12:36am On Sep 14, 2019
Reply to them with your visa page and also the biometrics form number that you did to get the Canadian Visa. You don't have to necessarily do it twice since you have done it before.

mikel88:
Please help!!! I received a biometric request letter after 7months of AOR and I am already in Canada on work permit since March, how will I complete the biometric ? Also my wife who is the primary applicant and has been in Canada for 4years also got a biometric request letter despite being an inland applicant we applied under CEC stream. I don’t understand these IRCC people anymore please help. I don’t want to go back to naija at all☹️
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mikel88: 1:14am On Sep 14, 2019
Babateemd:

Reply to them with your visa page and also the biometrics form number that you did to get the Canadian Visa. You don't have to necessarily do it twice since you have done it before.

Thank you for your concern.Permanent residence biometric is difference from other temporary residence biometric it as to completed outside for those that are outside Canada when the PR application was submitted I just got this confirmation today.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by niobe77(f): 7:03am On Sep 14, 2019
ugoguchy:
Landing gist
After 2 days the kids fell ill,cough,catarrh,fever and vomiting,it has been really tough for us,thank God for the few medications i brought from naija

Had similar experience shortly after landing and i'm guessing stress from the travel was the cause. Suspected malaria but still visited the hospital and the doctors acted like my child had ebola angry immediately they realized we just arrived from a country where malaria still exist. Before they quarantine us we carried ourselves back home to continue our naija-made malaria dosage. From the smallest baby to the oldest, we all fell ill one after the other in -30c winter chai. For newcomers who won't have immediate access to medical please come prepared.

Sister it is well with your kids.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:20am On Sep 14, 2019
niobe77:

Had similar experience shortly after landing and i'm guessing stress from the travel was the cause. Suspected malaria but still visited the hospital and the doctors acted like my child had ebola angry immediately they realized we just arrived from a country where malaria still exist. Before they quarantine us we carried ourselves back home to continue our naija-made malaria dosage. From the smallest baby to the oldest, we all fell ill one after the other in -30c winter chai. For newcomers who won't have immediate access to medical please come prepared.

angry

WTF

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2019
niobe77:

Please and please,never ever tell anyone abroad your kids have Malaria,they see it as someone with Ebola.
Worst part,you telling a Doctor,they will immediately isolate the patient to a particular room.
You can imagine that kind of experience.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanPR: 2:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Uglyaddy:

Please and please,never ever tell anyone abroad your kids have Malaria,they see it as someone with Ebola.
Worst part,you telling a Doctor,they will immediately isolate the patient to a particular room.

Can you please share your experience that made you reach this conclusion?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2019
CanPR:

Can you please share your experience that made you reach this conclusion?

Some years back,a friend who just landed in the State got sick guess due to new environment and it was in the winter period.
He rush himself to the ER and told the doctor he had Malaria,immediately they just kept me in a room like someone with Ebola.
Later he got to know they rarely have malaria in the US but could only be feverish.
You know in Naija,we just use the word malaria anyhow unlike them there.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2019
oluayebenz:

angry

WTF

You get quarantined for malaria here.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 7:00pm On Sep 14, 2019
Uglyaddy:

It's not that extreme abeg. Besides even if you don't tell, they'll run test and discover it.

I sha treated my baby for malaria before taking him to emergency since he was still running temperature. The test turned out negative.

Right now self my family doctor is a Nigerian. To avoid too many wahala or explanation. I cannot be checking dictionary to tell doctor what's wrong with me.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2019
Uglyaddy:

Some years back,a friend who just landed in the State got sick guess due to new environment and it was in the winter period.
He rush himself to the ER and told the doctor he had Malaria,immediately they just kept me in a room like someone with Ebola.
Later he got to know they rarely have malaria in the US but could only be feverish.
You know in Naija,we just use the word malaria anyhow unlike them there.

Worst part is after they quarantine you, they might not even have the medicine. You'll be there till the medicine arrives grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mmaryam(f): 8:08pm On Sep 14, 2019
Who lives in Newfoundland and Labrador. Is there a WhatsApp group? Please let's link up

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by egobetatoday: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2019
19CannyMum:

It's not that extreme abeg. Besides even if you don't tell, they'll run test and discover it.

I sha treated my baby for malaria before taking him to emergency since he was still running temperature. The test turned out negative.

Right now self my family doctor is a Nigerian. To avoid too many wahala or explanation. I cannot be checking dictionary to tell doctor what's wrong with me.

My dear, it is that extreme oo...well in the U.S, I know. My spouse was sick and feverish and made the mistake of telling them at the hospital that he suspected malaria asides his ailment and he had started treatment for it. That was all! The battery of tests they ran on him raised our bills to over $3000. in fact he said they almost finished withdrawing his blood for all the tests they can think of. Eventually they came smiling saying "the good thing is you don't have malaria" then he understood why all the doctors and nurses came to check him for one thing or the other. Another friend in Australlia was actually quarantined for a few days because he fell ill with malaria just after landing...probably due to stress of the trip. White man no dey use ear hear malaria oo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by klexycole(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2019
Bless us with pictures o. cool

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Uglyaddy: 7:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
egobetatoday:

My dear, it is that extreme oo...well in the U.S, I know. My spouse was sick and feverish and made the mistake of telling them at the hospital that he suspected malaria asides his ailment and he had started treatment for it. That was all! The battery of tests they ran on him raised our bills to over $3000. in fact he said they almost finished withdrawing his blood for all the tests they can think of. Eventually they came smiling saying "the good thing is you don't have malaria" then he understood why all the doctors and nurses came to check him for one thing or the other. Another friend in Australlia was actually quarantined for a few days because he fell ill with malaria just after landing...probably due to stress of the trip. White man no dey use ear hear malaria oo

Thank you for confirming what I posted.Some people like forming ITK.I had to ignore and let be.Those who have ears let them hear.
You cant just be saying you have malaria same way we do say it in naija anyhow abroad.They see you as an Ebola carrier.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by salford1: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
egobetatoday:

When a patient tells the nurse that he/she suspects malaria, the next question they would ask is if the patient had been outside the country, and what country in particular. The latter question is what I believe triggers the quarantine not solely the malaria itself. Even though malaria itself is a deadly disease on its own, the hospital might not have a doctor on duty that knows about tropical diseases like malaria. The malaria parasite itself weakens the immune system which makes that person susceptible to other deadly infectious diseases that might be present in the country he or she visited.

While the hospital contacts a doctor that knows about tropical diseases, the staff need to take extra precautions and run all sorts of test to rule out infections common to the country the patient visited. They do that to protect the healthcare workers and other patients in the hospital till they know what they are actually dealing with.

If Doctor Adadevoh had ealier known that the Liberian man had ebola, there would have been extra precautions.

In my opinion, I support 19cannymum that being quarantined is not that extreme. It's just a standard procedure to save a patient's life and other healthcare workers. I was quarantined in the UK too becuase I presented myself to the hospital that I may have malaria. I had visited Nigeria the week before. I was visited by a Brazilian trained doctor (tropical diseases trained) in my unit the next day. Luckily for me, one of the test that was carried out picked a deadly flu instead of malaria. The flu had to be treated with a special drug not sold over the counter at Pharmacies. I was happy that I was quarantined for that 3 days else only God knows how many other people I would have infected.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SchwarzMann: 12:20am On Sep 16, 2019
IELTS must hear this

19CannyMum:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 6:56am On Sep 16, 2019
klexycole:
Bless us with pictures o. cool

Olajide21

He would have done the needful had it been he is online. I hope he is okay though

Make una flood the thread with pictures na... Na beg we dey beg sad

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by paroh137(m): 8:40am On Sep 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Olajide21

He would have done the needful had it been he is online. I hope he is okay though

Make una flood the thread with pictures na... Na beg we dey beg sad

This. guy ehn grin Wetin you dey use ablood pictures do Every travel thread post pics please. Mr PPP angry

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 9:28am On Sep 16, 2019
paroh137:

This. guy ehn grin Wetin you dey use ablood pictures do Every travel thread post pics please. Mr PPP angry

Lol.. Na those pictures dey give me ginger say i go comot for this hell hole one day cool

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by paroh137(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Lol.. Na those pictures dey give me ginger say i go comot for this hell hole one day cool

I feel you bro. Whatsapp me make we talk na
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
paroh137:

I feel you bro. Whatsapp me make we talk na

Okay boss smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lastruct: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Hey, you still need to maintain the POF even after you land?

Hey, I don’t know if this is late already but if you won’t mind, you can check on Amazon Fulfilment Center as they are currently recruiting warehouse associates. Check them online or visit the Calgary FC in Balzac. If you don’t mind oh.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 5:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
[
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
shege45:
Please for we single guys, how to we meet ladies there?

LOL!!! settle down and get a job etc. I came to Canada single and met hubby here. Married now. Just focus on the most important stuff and the others will fall in place bros. wink wink wink wink wink

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jbelieve: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
jesusbaby01:

LOL!!! settle down and get a job etc. I came to Canada single and met hubby here. Married now. Just focus on the most important stuff and the others will fall in place bros. wink wink wink wink wink
Aunty please share you story and give us hope.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Jbelieve:

Aunty please share you story and give us hope.

Lol!!! i'd draft and send it in. currently at work

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by smslive2: 8:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
Available from 1st October
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wellinjay891: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I'm one of those that haven't quite figure out where to reside in Canada after i got CoPr. It's almost travel date and i still can't figure it out. I've two options, GTA or Alberta ( Calgary / Edmonton ) I just can't shake it and its giving me sleepless night.

Any tips about the Provinces i mentioned above will be appreciated.

Family of 5.

God bless you guys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.