Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2194208 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by onyexx: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
234ng44uk:

Some basements are purpose built for living, with sunlight in most of the living spaces and independent heat control. You'll find this mostly in new houses. There's nothing bad in this type of basement if you find one.

However, most basements are poorly lit and heating is centrally controlled. Those are the bad ones you should avoid.

Okay...

Thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by smartkester(m): 5:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ruthiegal:
Hello everyone. Please I need advice. I intend relocating to Canada next year (I want to start applying this December) with my baby with a student visa. I studied law. (I am a lawyer)But right now I can’t afford to go for masters in law which is around 40,000 CAD. I plan on doing a post graduate course which I can use to work and apply for for work permit after it’s over. I need advice on the course I can apply for that will help me get a work permit and possibly lead to PR.
I have same plans as you, though I have my MSC already but no job yet. So I'm thinking of going to Canada with a student visa and I can't afford the PHd fee so I'm thinking of going for PGD to boost my chances of getting a wok permit, from there one can push gradually for the PR. Incase you have any info of province that offers work permit to PG students, please kindly share.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Christian22aa(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
Pictures please to keep us .active

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Iyamefa: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2019
Christian22aa:

Here you go... a giant sized Canadian mosquito that was gladly killed. It looked like a spider initially only to find out it was a mosquito.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Debsify:
how many rooms?

one bedroom. Studio is like our naija self contain

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mimi1999: 9:43pm On Sep 18, 2019
Iyamefa:

Here you go... a giant sized Canadian mosquito that was gladly killed. It looked like a spider initially only to find out it was a mosquito.

Hhahahahahahahahahah

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ebimarian: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2019
cry

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purplerain(f): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Lake Ontario.

Christian22aa:

24 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purplerain(f): 1:03am On Sep 19, 2019
purplerain:
Liberty Grand

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purplerain(f): 1:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Took these pictures when I went out for a stroll.
I work in the area and the view is always soothing. smiley

purplerain:
Lake Ontario.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaman18: 1:11am On Sep 19, 2019
smartkester:
I have same plans as you, though I have my MSC already but no job yet. So I'm thinking of going to Canada with a student visa and I can't afford the PHd fee so I'm thinking of going for PGD to boost my chances of getting a wok permit, from there one can push gradually for the PR. Incase you have any info of province that offers work permit to PG students, please kindly share.

Following completion of an Undergrad /postgrad you’re eligible for a Pgwp (post grad work permit) which is valid based on how long you studied. 1year of study gets you 1year pgwp which isn’t ideal because you basically have to get a job immediately after school which doesn’t always work out , so at least do 18months . Read more on this from CIC website.

Important to note though, to be eligible for Pgwp you must study full time with exception of your last semester ( this is a clause that has messed a lot of people’s plans up)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eddy4400: 7:06am On Sep 19, 2019
Please I need clarification from those that added their spouse post PPR/COPR. Is it okay if only the PA soft lands before visa expiry in November?

I read it a while ago that your spouse can land afterwards, but not so sure now. Thanks in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 234ng44uk(m): 7:16am On Sep 19, 2019
Eddy4400:
Please I need clarification from those that added their spouse post PPR/COPR. Is it okay if only the PA soft lands before visa expiry in November?

I read it a while ago that your spouse can land afterwards, but not so sure now. Thanks in advance

The only condition is that spouse must either accompany PA or arrive later, not before. Second condition is that they all must do so within their visa validity.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Debsify: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2019
jesusbaby01:

one bedroom. Studio is like our naija self contain
ohk that's expensive
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ojonugway(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2019
I'll someday give testimonies here...I look up to god

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eddy4400: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2019
234ng44uk:

The only condition is that spouse must either accompany PA or arrive later, not before. Second condition is that they all must do so within their visa validity.

OK thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by projobseeker10: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2019
I appreciate all the seniors that have impacted their knowledge and experience to everyone on this thread without holding back. God bless you real good!!!

I'm still looking up to God for PPR but currently have AOR. Well, I have been thinking and planning how man go make money in Obodo Oyinbo and I'll need your assistance.

A little of my background, I studied agricultural economics and I've been working on the farm for 5 years now. I took the ACCA diploma (F1 - F3) to boost my CSR score and accounting just enter my eye. (As a sharp guy, be like say money dey there grin

However I need to know how I can change careers to accounting 'easily' in Canada.

-Do I first finish ACCA and apply for CPA after getting qualified?

-Should I abandon ACCA and focus in CPA? (From research it will take 2.5years of constant study instead of ACCA that states one must have 3 years experience as an accountant with the qualifications)

-Is there any one that has switched to accounting or has been an accountant before immigrating?

Abeg, make una help me find better way. Daalu, Ese, Naagode, Gracias, Merci!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 5:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
(Agric) Mosquito dey that side too? shocked
Iyamefa:

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
projobseeker10:
Abeg, make una help me find better way. Daalu, Ese, Naagode, Gracias, Merci!

You forgot to mention 'biko' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jesusbaby01: 7:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
ebimarian:

Pls how can u tell that a basement is not centrally heated...pls i need guidance cos I'm about booking my basement place on Airbnb

You won't be able to control your heat yourself, only the landlord can control the heat
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ebimarian: 12:38am On Sep 20, 2019
Th
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Everygirl: 8:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Hi All,

Please any tips for cargo companies from Nigeria to Canada.

I want to take some of my things.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayMaj(f): 7:23pm On Sep 20, 2019
am in same situation with you. For me, i changed my noc on EE profile so it will tally with saskachewan

Layiwoo:
Hello House,

My NOC is 1111 Financial Accountant and Auditors based on the EE profile created, but i want to create an EOI profile on Saskatchewan Express Entry then i discovered that my NOC is not part of the In Demand list but they have something similar 1311 Accounting Technicians.
So my question is that would it be advisable to go ahead and create the Saskatchewan profile provided that the NOC is different.

Is there anyone in currently in this position and what is the best advice?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ruthiegal:
Hello everyone. Please I need advice. I intend relocating to Canada next year (I want to start applying this December) with my baby with a student visa. I studied law. (I am a lawyer)But right now I can’t afford to go for masters in law which is around 40,000 CAD. I plan on doing a post graduate course which I can use to work and apply for for work permit after it’s over. I need advice on the course I can apply for that will help me get a work permit and possibly lead to PR.
Why not go the PR route instead if you have work experience? You studied law and your course is evaluated and giving the same points as those with masters.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by hayor2014(m): 1:14am On Sep 21, 2019
Prettiepearlz:

Why not go the PR route instead if you have work experience? You studied law and your course is evaluated and giving the same points as those with masters.
IELTS no gree

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by joo2018: 3:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Picture of downtown Hamilton from a high rise with "the Mountain" in the distance.

24 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by koredeeniola(f): 6:27am On Sep 21, 2019
I wish to go to Canada but i dont know how to fo about it,pls can anyone enlighten me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2019
Took a 9hour road trip with this baby from Calgary to Fort McMurray yesterday. Some pictures to follow.

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 7:59am On Sep 21, 2019
Cold morning so stopped at Timmies in the outskirts of Airdrie for some double double and sandwiches wink

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GozyNA: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2019
The city of Wetaskiwin has a rest centre for travellers. We stopped there and used the washrooms real quick.

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.