Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184170 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Petitemommy:

I dont know anything about Slavelake but I know someone without a science background that got admission into the licence practical nurse programme at bow valley college in calgary. Maybe you should check that out.

I remembered you wanted to take the PEBC EE next Jan. Guess you are considering career switch now smiley

Yes I am(you remember me....lol).Thanks so much for your response.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damzy88: 3:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i used to think guys in canada use to over exaggerate the dating situation in canada. Most Nigerian ladies here wont even give you eye or answer you if you are still a struggling migrant, took me time to get a job in my field unto covid. Suddenly they are now coming close.so what happens if i am laid off tomorrow for example. They will japa again abi. I no longer pity those ladies complaining of no husband in canada o. Na ojukokoro dey worry most, looking for a guy earning megabuck, living in a downtown condo with 2019 car cheesy
This is true to some extent cheesy

Until many of them are ready to lower their standards, they may stay single for long.

Naija guys wey no send dem grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Hello there,

Were you a Pharmacist in Naija, I read couple pages back that you wanted to write PEBC EE and now you wanted to switch to nursing, is that correct?

NaijaCanadian28:

Yes I am(you remember me....lol).Thanks so much for your response.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 8:26am On Nov 28, 2020
Hello guys.. I need 500CAD and I will give you naira..
Please quote me if you can help or know someone who can help..
I understand CAD/NGN rate has been high ,no wahala we go run am like that just quote me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by crowee(m): 12:21pm On Nov 28, 2020
Lansky:

grin Her style of delivery is hilarious.

I sense they don't live in ON, BC nor AB.

I swear to God. Her style of delivery was so hilarious and she had a lot of good points. Mehn I had to subscribe. I think they live in saskatchewan, they mentioned it in this new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgy89UqUiHc&t=146s&ab_channel=MillennialImmigrant
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:
Hello guys.. I need 500CAD and I will give you naira..
Please quote me if you can help or know someone who can help..
I understand CAD/NGN rate has been high ,no wahala we go run am like that just quote me

Hello, pls be careful about making money transactions on anonymous forums like this. Reach out to Panfol investment inc in Etobicoke(4167431500) . It’s a registered company and they always have great rates. I encourage anyone that needs to exchange money to reach out to them. I used them a few years ago when I was an international student and I needed to receive money for my tuition from Nigeria.

10 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sholaystar4me:
Hello there,

Were you a Pharmacist in Naija, I read couple pages back that you wanted to write PEBC EE and now you wanted to switch to nursing, is that correct?

Hello
Yes, you’re correct.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 5:53pm On Nov 28, 2020
NaijaCanadian28:

Hello, pls be careful about making money transactions on anonymous forums like this. Reach out to Panfol investment inc in Etobicoke(4167431500) . It’s a registered company and they always have great rates. I encourage anyone that needs to exchange money to reach out to them. I used them a few years ago when I was an international student and I needed to receive money for my tuition from Nigeria.

Thanks however I'm not in Canada..I am in Nigeria...
The truth is I actually need someone who can help me pay my Rprf of 500CAD and I will pay the person in naira..

I will appreciate if a regular member of this thread can assist
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:

The truth is I actually need someone who can help me pay my Rprf of 500CAD and I will pay the person in naira..

get a dollar dom account in Nigeria or barter flutterwave. CAD is scarce here, people don't want naira as its crashing.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2020
ednut1:
get a dollar dom account in Nigeria or barter flutterwave. CAD is scarce here, people don't want naira as its crashing.

There is something about the e services payment platform I don't understand, seems debit cards are not accepted the reason why I decided to think of the option of someone in Canada paying for me.. below are screen shot of my conversation on my aor group, notice the comment of people not in Nigeria too

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:

There is something about the e services payment platform I don't understand, seems debit cards are not accepted the reason why I decided to think of the option of someone in Canada paying for me.. below are screen shot of my conversation on my aor group, notice the comment of people not in Nigeria too
most debits cards here have a limit of 1000 cad and credit card 2000 cad or 1000cad. Unless you ask for an increase in limit. So debit wont work as the application fee is above.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 1cor2v9: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
ednut1:
most debits cards here have a limit of 1000 cad and credit card 2000 cad or 1000cad. Unless you ask for an increase in limit. So debit wont work as the application fee is above.

It's just 500cad I need to pay..
I paid the main application fee in September when submitting.. they asked me to pay the rprf this week
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2020
why not continue in that line, why do you wanna switch course, there are lot of Nigerians working as a Pharmacist here, if you still love your profession, doing the boards and acing is very possible, otherwise, you can go ahead with your plan, if your mind is already made up.

NaijaCanadian28:

Hello
Yes, you’re correct.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:

I paid the main application fee in September when submitting.. they asked me to pay the rprf this week
ok. I think someone mentioned it to me one time. Debit cards wont work truly has no Security
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:13pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ankaravillageng: 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
1cor2v9:

It just 500CAD which would be but to the best of my knowledge most Banks monthly dollar limit is 200usd @ least I'm sure of GTB and ZENITH

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sholaystar4me:
why not continue in that line, why do you wanna switch course, there are lot of Nigerians working as a Pharmacist here, if you still love your profession, doing the boards and acing is very possible, otherwise, you can go ahead with your plan, if your mind is already made up.

Thank you....I thoroughly considered a lot of factors and my mind is made up. And you’re right..I know of a few Nigeria trained Pharmacists that are practicing but it’s not for me(anymore).

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sholaystar4me(m): 8:45pm On Nov 28, 2020
Not a problem. Do you mind sharing some of the things you considered, that informed your decisions, don't mind learning from it, I can email you, cos I am studying PharmD myself, presently at U of T ( a switch from IT).

NaijaCanadian28:

Thank you....I thoroughly considered a lot of factors and my mind is made up. And you’re right..I know of a few Nigeria trained Pharmacists that are practicing but it’s not for me(anymore).

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rotile247(m): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
ednut1:
ok. I think someone mentioned it to me one time. Debit cards wont work truly has no Security

Confirm if debit card limit of standard chartered Bank or stanbic ibtc. Call their customer care line on their website.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2020
rotile247:

Confirm if debit card limit of standard chartered Bank or stanbic ibtc. Call their customer care line on their website.
Canadian debit card not Nigerian.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2020
Sholaystar4me:
Not a problem. Do you mind sharing some of the things you considered, that informed your decisions, don't mind learning from it, I can email you, cos I am studying PharmD myself, presently at U of T ( a switch from IT).

You can send an email

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chocs(f): 3:18am On Nov 29, 2020
There’s nothing wrong with this, especially if they have good jobs and are well to do. Most people don’t even like themselves when they’re broke, not to talk of others liking you. It’s the way life works. Wanting someone with a stable job and good finance is definitely not ojukokoro.

Kekereekun123:
i used to think guys in canada use to over exaggerate the dating situation in canada. Most Nigerian ladies here wont even give you eye or answer you if you are still a struggling migrant, took me time to get a job in my field unto covid. Suddenly they are now coming close.so what happens if i am laid off tomorrow for example. They will japa again abi. I no longer pity those ladies complaining of no husband in canada o. Na ojukokoro dey worry most, looking for a guy earning megabuck, living in a downtown condo with 2019 car cheesy

26 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 29, 2020
Chocs:
There’s nothing wrong with this, especially if they have good jobs and are well to do. Most people don’t even like themselves when they’re broke, not to talk of others liking you. It’s the way life works. Wanting someone with a stable job and good finance is definitely not ojukokoro.

ok. I have heard. Come first and see how majority are lamenting. As for me i no send them now because when i was hustling they no send me. All i'm saying is they should be open minded, 9ja guys dont mind coming home to pick babe. 9ja ladies wont do it as the guys is likely a user or scam. Once again Nigerian ladies should lower their expectations. The loneliness and frustration is biting them hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehY3YaJdVE watch this, both work in same company but have different backgrounds, guy has 26k in student loans from a normal family, girl has zero student loans and from a rich home. Is the lady not better than him Siddon there o

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chocs(f): 3:55am On Nov 29, 2020
This technique of threatening ladies to lower standards or they’ll die of frustration is not new. It’s the regular with Nigerian guys grin if you cannot meet the standard, move. With the comments I’m seeing from Nigerian guys here, I understand why girls won’t send you people. The world has moved forward, make una upgrade too. Feel free to pick wife from Naija, it’s a free world. Someone has a standard, if you can’t meet it, move. Stop the threats of loneliness and stuff.

Wanting someone to accept you at your lowest is a normal human feeling but you’re not entitled to anyone’s acceptance. That is the way life works! I won’t be giving any further comment concerning this topic.

All the best
Kekereekun123:
ok. I have heard. Come first and see how majority are lamenting. As for me i no send them now because when i was hustling they no send me. All i'm saying is they should be open minded, 9ja guys dont mind coming home to pick babe. 9ja ladies wont do it as the guys is likely a user or scam. Once again Nigerian ladies should lower their expectations. The loneliness and frustration is biting them hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JehY3YaJdVE watch this, both work in same company but have different backgrounds, guy has 26k in student loans from a normal family, girl has zero student loans and from a rich home. Is the lady not better than him Siddon there o

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08am On Nov 29, 2020
Downtown Toronto in the background. After being indoors for most of the day. A walk is needed (before winter comes fully).

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Cosdam1: 4:23am On Nov 29, 2020
1 Bedroom Basement suite available in SW Calgary. Dining & living area. Separate (side) entrance and parking for 1 car. The suite is semi furnished- mattress, fridge with basic utensils. Transit is nearby 2 CT train stations with bus stops nearby. Westbrook Shopping Mall and Library nearby with banks in the vicinity. Available for a monthly contribution of CAD 800 inclusive of the following amenities (Internet, water, heating, electricity). Please note that smoking (of any kind) and pets are not allowed. The place is available now. If interested, kindly contact me

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amakyzuu: 6:39am On Nov 29, 2020
hi, i just sent u a pm. i'm applying this year to uoft for pharmd. can we connect pls?

Sholaystar4me:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by evergold(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2020
adigun183:

Based on the popular opinion on this thread, i think many people are tilting towards Ethiopian airlines. However, I stand to be corrected

Yeah. I booked Ethiopian Airlines
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by evergold(m): 6:52am On Nov 29, 2020
pampem:

Hi peeps , can anyone please assist with the link to join or add me to the calgary group ? Post ppr ? Thanks

Is there a POST-PPR Toronto/Ontario group? I got my PPR and submitted my passport already.

I have also booked my flight while waiting for the visa, hoping to coming December 29th.

I would be grateful to join a Toronto/Ontario group that's for those with Work permit preferably.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by evergold(m): 7:05am On Nov 29, 2020
[quote author=Shanid post=95625762][/quote]

I did my own from outside Nigeria by myself.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kcosam: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2020
Baba, you dey vex o, hoping to land in Canada by 29th December? U no even wan make New year catch u for naija. Lol
evergold:

Is there a POST-PPR Toronto/Ontario group? I got my PPR and submitted my passport already.

I have also booked my flight while waiting for the visa, hoping to coming December 29th.

I would be grateful to join a Toronto/Ontario group that's for those with Work permit preferably.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55