Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,536 members, 7,823,328 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2196199 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Castorinho: 12:10pm On Apr 17, 2021
GloShare:

Yes you're supposed to file taxes. You can file for previous years you missed, better late than never.

You are required to declare foreign income, so if you're in nigeria, you are expected to declare your nigerian income.

Okay thank you!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Castorinho: 12:12pm On Apr 17, 2021
ednut1:
3. Cant get sim card at the airport due to COVID

Okay- I’ll find out if I can order one to the quarantine hotel. Thanks!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OyiBeeBee: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2021
Good day.

Please for those who travelled recently with food stuff, is dried ponmo, frozen palm oil and beans allowed?

(Before you say it, yes I know these items are sold in African stores.)

Secondly, is there any place to change USD to CAD at Pearson Airport on landing?
Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Good day.

Please for thoseravelled recently with food stuff, is dried ponmo, frozen palm oil and beans allowed?

Secondly, is there any place to change USD to CAD at Pearson Airport on landing?
Thank you.
airport rate was 1.16 when i landed while bank rate was 1.30. Flee from airport bdc o

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Royalty95: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Good day.

Please for thoseravelled recently with food stuff, is dried ponmo, frozen palm oil and beans allowed?

Thank you.

Lol will they palm oil not de-froze by the time you get to Toronto

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pee2Jay9: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hello all, I'm still trying to change money o. Pls who wants naira for CAD? What rate will apply?

Someone mentioned that I can travel with naira and change it at the bank over there to CAD, pls is this possible? Kindly advise on other means to change money. I appreciate
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AbbyFasol(f): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2021
Hello, is there any Nigeria whatsapp group for those in Canada? Preferably Calgary. My brother wants to join.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shygunXs(m): 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2021
So, if you just got to Canada (between February and April 2021), or just about to leave, and you have a VERY GOOD CAR you left at home (Nigeria) for sale. Please contact me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Good day.

Please for those who travelled recently with food stuff, is dried ponmo, frozen palm oil and beans allowed?

Thank you.
Please this is a very important question. I also want to know if beans is allowed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AbbyFasol(f): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
Yeah I'm in Calgary too and I agree with you. Please do you know how I can get into one of the Nigerian whatsapp group. I'm looking to make Nigerian friends. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SKEPTA: 7:50pm On Apr 17, 2021
ednut1:
airport rate was 1.16 when i landed while bank rate was 1.30. Flee from airport bdc o

ah what bank please?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SKEPTA: 7:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Hello all, I'm still trying to change money o. Pls who wants naira for CAD? What rate will apply?

Someone mentioned that I can travel with naira and change it at the bank over there to CAD, pls is this possible? Kindly advise on other means to change money. I appreciate

hello, i need some naira, dm me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ibukun2000: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Thank you all for responding to my enquiry about things to travel with. I've now established that I'm carrying anything that will be trashed at the airport, that one go pain me eh. Lolz.

I'll land at Toronto as POE and do my 3 days quarantine there before traveling to Regina to finish the 11 days on campus. Pls which means of transportation is the cheapest to use? Can I use a train or bus cos of my luggage? If it must be flight, are there logistics firms I can use to way bill my excess luggage instead of boarding with them? Kindly guide a newbie please. Thanks

PS - if you need a female roommate around university of Regina, please holla o. Gracias
hello
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ibukun2000: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Pee2Jay9:
Thank you all for responding to my enquiry about things to travel with. I've now established that I'm carrying anything that will be trashed at the airport, that one go pain me eh. Lolz.

I'll land at Toronto as POE and do my 3 days quarantine there before traveling to Regina to finish the 11 days on campus. Pls which means of transportation is the cheapest to use? Can I use a train or bus cos of my luggage? If it must be flight, are there logistics firms I can use to way bill my excess luggage instead of boarding with them? Kindly guide a newbie please. Thanks

PS - if you need a female roommate around university of Regina, please holla o. Gracias
kindly chat me up
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2021
OyiBeeBee:
Good day.

Thank you.
Ponmo is not allowed. Anything chicken (Knorr chicken, maggi chicken) is not all.

@Kayyyy Beans is allowed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Kayyyy:

Please this is a very important question. I also want to know if beans is allowed.

Ponmo is not allowed

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by skull4eva: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
Good evening everyone for those travelling some and has a toyota car to sell please contact me i need to buy one for my spouse to use till she and the kids comes to join me. Please dm me quick
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
steroid:

Ponmo is not allowed. Anything chicken (Knorr chicken, maggi chicken) is not all.

@Kayyyy Beans is allowed

Thank you very much Steroid
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Kayyyy(f): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
NaijaCanadian28:

Ponmo is not allowed
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Please house I'm researching on schools in Canada. I found University of Saskatchewan and Newfoundland And Labrador University. Both have my masters program of interest and affordable fees. Which province is more better in terms of employment opportunities and liveliness?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ebbyneza(m): 4:42am On Apr 19, 2021
For landed Immigrants in Calgary and those still planning to come

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 7:17am On Apr 19, 2021
Ellajingi:
Hi. I am looking for a room in Brampton Ontario. Willing to share kitchen and wash room Nd laundry room.

Please anyone ??�
thank you
Email me....

Can we share male ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Ellajingi:
Yes.. the ones I called either whats families or vegetarian or Indians.

I am still looking tho

Have you checked on Kijiji and FB Market place ?

If you are still interested I am
Willing to take up a 2bedroom with you I am a male though .. get back to me if interested
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
If you are traveling on the 26th and landing on the 27th via Toronto airport, holla me for a quarantine partner at crowne hotel, Toronto for shared cost.
Send a mail pls.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canttedra: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
irijuola:
DM me if you're traveling to toronto on the 26th and need a quarantine partner. Female only.
You should be staying alone in quarantine.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2021
Blurpy:
Please house I'm researching on schools in Canada. I found University of Saskatchewan and Newfoundland And Labrador University. Both have my masters program of interest and affordable fees. Which province is more better in terms of employment opportunities and liveliness?
watch YouTube videos on both schools and province. Then make your decision
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by irijuola: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
canttedra:

You should be staying alone in quarantine.

Partnership is allowed. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canttedra: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2021
irijuola:

Partnership is allowed. Thanks
Don't get it twisted. If you don't live in the same household (husband, wife, kids?), you should not be quarantining together. Except you want to lie at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by silvamania: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hello,

I am looking to share an apartment with anyone around Saint John , New Brunswick. Please contact me .. a male preferably

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 6:04am On Apr 22, 2021
silvamania:
Hello,

I am looking to share an apartment with anyone around Saint John , New Brunswick. Please contact me .. a male preferably

Thanks

Hi Bro, also exploit Facebook Saint John marketplace too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by destinedbid: 2:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
Can anyone add me to the Manitoba PR group? Pm if you have trusted and tested one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.