Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188998 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rosepetraaa: 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
intrinsicniyi:
Live from Toronto.

(a) Toronto Airport View
(b) Leaving Washington DC Airport
(b) Montreal Intl Airport
(d) Stuff I was given after my PR was confirmed!

We made it!
Success to everyone else on this journey.
Cheers!

Congratulations!

The land will favour you. Welcome home.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pinky(f): 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
Did anyone fly Ethiopia airline to Toronto, Canada? Please when is the advisable time to do the covid-19 test?
flight is 1.40pm, should the test be done 1 OR 2 days before the flight . I am worried we may not get the test result if done a day before
please advise based on your Ethiopian airline experience

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 11:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
Get your test done a day before your departure. Make sure u get to the test centre early enough say 9am and your result would be mailed to you say 4pm same day. Ensure u print out 3 copies of the test result. Talking from my experience
Pinky:
Did anyone fly Ethiopia airline to Toronto, Canada? Please when is the advisable time to do the covid-19 test?
flight is 1.40pm, should the test be done 1 OR 2 days before the flight . I am worried we may not get the test result if done a day before

Thank you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pinky(f): 12:00am On Aug 24, 2021
Hi Seunpinky,
Thanks for the response. Did you have to give them the results at various airports or what did you use 3 printouts for please
Thanks

seunpinky:
Get your test done a day before your departure. Make sure u get to the test centre early enough say 9am and your result would be mailed to you say 4pm same day. Ensure u print out 3 copies of the test result. Talking from my experience
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 12:11am On Aug 24, 2021
If my memory serves me right, one copy would be collected b4 u are issued a boarding pass, one copy is for you can't remember the need for the 3rd copy.

Pinky:
Hi Seunpinky,
Thanks for the response. Did you have to give them the results at various airports or what did you use 3 printouts for please
Thanks

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pinky(f): 12:14am On Aug 24, 2021
ok, will do as stated. Thank you
seunpinky:
If my memory serves me right, one copy would be collected b4 u are issued a boarding pass, one copy is for you can't remember the need for the 3rd copy.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pinky(f): 12:21am On Aug 24, 2021
@seunpinky, If it's ok by you, I'd like to PM you please
seunpinky:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 12:58am On Aug 24, 2021
I don't have access to my nl email...

U can drop your email and i will reach out to u.
Pinky:
@seunpinky, If it's ok by you, I'd like to PM you please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheShaman: 1:18am On Aug 24, 2021
If possible, do it the day before your flight. If you can, please go to Clina Lancet in V.I. I did mine there and got the test by evening.

Pinky:

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 3:12am On Aug 24, 2021
rosepetraaa:

Congratulations!

The land will favour you. Welcome home.

Amen. Thanks a lot �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 8:09am On Aug 24, 2021
Berle:
I'm a member of such group but it's not solely for Nigerians. Send me a message if you'd like to join.

God bless you, Berle. I have sent you a message through your moniker. You can check your e-mail.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Berle: 9:34am On Aug 24, 2021
Sent
olasubomy:

God bless you, Berle. I have sent you a message through your moniker. You can check your e-mail.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ShalewaT: 10:36am On Aug 24, 2021
Hello guys. I'm in the middle of my immigration process(5 months post AOR), but it's been slow due to covid impact. I am a tailor and I make menswear, majorly native wear. I wanna learn how to make women's wear before the year runs out.
My question is how lucrative is fashion designing in Canada?
Do you sew native wears there? Or you order from Nigeria whenever you wanna use one.
Do people buy ready-to-wear locally made outfit? And how often do people wear African designs?
I know it could be seasonal cos of winter.
Lastly, is it a business that can be done from home? Thanks so much smiley
I aspire to study to become a nurse in Canada, but I just love this fashion stuff. Hopefully I'd be able to manage both together.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
ShalewaT:
Hello guys. I'm in the middle of my immigration process(5 months post AOR), but it's been slow due to covid impact. I am a tailor and I make menswear, majorly native wear. I wanna learn how to make women's wear before the year runs out.
Do you sew native wears there? Or you order from Nigeria whenever you wanna use one.
Do people buy ready-to-wear locally made outfit? And how often do people wear African designs?
I aspire to study to become a nurse in Canada, but I just love this fashion stuff. Hopefully I'd be able to manage both together.
most people wear the natives they come with maybe twice a year. Demand is low, i don’t think it worths it

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2021
[quote author=Pinky post=105115011]Did anyone fly Ethiopia airline to Toronto, Canada? Please when is the advisable time to do the covid-19 test?

Thank you[/quote

My mum did her test by 8am naija time the day before she left. The test result was ready by 11pm that same day.

She also left by 1:40pm
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ShalewaT: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lagbaja88:
most people wear the natives they come with maybe twice a year. Demand is low, i don’t think it worths it
Thanks so much
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2021
ShalewaT:

Thanks so much
can be done as a side gig at home. But wont me a major source of income
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
Once your design is cosmopolitan in nature and you have reasonable access to getting materials from Nigeria, you will do well. Clothes generally have been in low demand due to lockdowns and lack of parties but with time the demand might surge back. Go for it!
ShalewaT:

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
Greetings All,

Haven’t gone out much. Woke up this morning & decided to just walk around in this hot weather.

This is the area of Brampton, Ontario that I find myself.

Honestly, with the way the environment looks, like USA like Canada. cheesy

#Please anyone in Brampton, link up!!!

grin

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ShalewaT: 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
megastu:
Once your design is cosmopolitan in nature and you have reasonable access to getting materials from Nigeria, you will do well. Clothes generally have been in low demand due to lockdowns and lack of parties but with time the demand might surge back. Go for it!
Thank you �

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2021
ShalewaT:
Don't let anyone tell you something is impossible. If you will enjoy and can be creative with your fashion designing, by all means you should do it. You could become the first person to set a trend that many will love. The most important thing is that you derive satisfaction from even the small wins. From my side, I would say you should definitely give it a go. The Nigerian community in Canada is growing at such an accelerated rate that even CAD is becoming expensive now. In 10 years, all things Nigerian will be in greater demand. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if this includes Nigerian fashion. There never used to be many African stores by Nigerian. But these days, with the continuing influx of Nigerians, African stores by Nigerians are popping up left, right and center. Who knows what Nigerian thing will be in demand in a few years. So, please do it!

18 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
Which area of Brampton? Fletcher Meadow or Credit Valley?
intrinsicniyi:
Greetings All,

Haven’t gone out much. Woke up this morning & decided to just walk around in this hot weather.

This is the area of Brampton, Ontario that I find myself.

Honestly, with the way the environment looks, like USA like Canada. cheesy

#Please anyone in Brampton, link up!!!

grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 10:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
megastu:
Which area of Brampton? Fletcher Meadow or Credit Valley?

Hi Bro,

Make I check map real quick.

Where I am: Professor’s Lake.

Its so hot in here shocked

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ShalewaT: 10:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
CountVersailles:

Don't let anyone tell you something is impossible. If you will enjoy and can be creative with your fashion designing, by all means you should do it. You could become the first person to set a trend that many will love. The most important thing is that you derive satisfaction from even the small wins. From my side, I would say you should definitely give it a go. The Nigerian community in Canada is growing at such an accelerated rate that even CAD is becoming expensive now. In 10 years, all things Nigerian will be in greater demand. I wouldn't be in the least surprised if this includes Nigerian fashion. There never used to be many African stores by Nigerian. But these days, with the continuing influx of Nigerians, African stores by Nigerians are popping up left, right and center. Who knows what Nigerian thing will be in demand in a few years. So, please do it!
Thank you so much! I'm starting next week cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Richdee1(m): 1:48am On Aug 25, 2021
intrinsicniyi:

Hi Bro,

Make I check map real quick.

Where I am: Professor’s Lake Parkway 16s3y4.

Its so hot in here shocked

On a Public Forum?
Don't think it's safe
I know Nigeria is not Canada but please keep things like this in private

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by intrinsicniyi(m): 2:00am On Aug 25, 2021
Richdee1:

On a Public Forum?
Don't think it's safe

Thanks. That’s just like the neighborhood name and the zip code not the house number per se

smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 25, 2021
Richdee1:

On a Public Forum?
Don't think it's safe
dem go kidnap am grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 2:16am On Aug 25, 2021
I tire...nigga thinking it is same ...
Lagbaja88:
dem go kidnap am grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by learn(f): 6:23am On Aug 25, 2021
RENTAL ADVERT FOR LEGAL BASEMENT APARTMENT 3B/RM 1 BTH & LAUNDRY 1Parking FOR RENT
Please read carefully before responding to basement apartment for RENT. Available immediately. Main intersection James Porter and William Pkwy. Close to Public Schools. Great location, 1.7km to Mount pleasant GO train station, 15min work to B/Stop, Clean Upscale neighbourhood, professional and very quiet, living environment, near all amenities. Separate entrance from the side of the house, close to two bus routes. Walking distance to two shopping areas. Looking for a family occupier, Professional preferred No smoking/vaping/drugs/drinking/parties or illegal activities. No pets. Please call or text the number provided below. +1-647-687-5093 Email:tolasalau@yahoo.com

CAD 1900
Location Brampton

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Evergreen694: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2021
Evergreen694:
Hello everyone,

Special greetings to the gurus in the house.
I am in dire need of assistance. Here is a background story.

So I graduated with a CGPA of 4.02 from the department of petroleum engineering (B.Engr.). I just concluded my NYSC service this year 2021 and I have no work experience.
I would love to further my education in Canada through P.G program in a lucrative engineering field in which employment opportunities are not a difficult task in terms of securing one. I also don't want to further my education strictly on the path of petroleum engineering.
I have been able to secure my transcript from my school and have also gotten it verified by WES.

*HERE ARE MY PROBLEMS*
• I don't know what course to go after.
• I don't know the schools that are still open for admission for 2022 academic year.

I was told that colleges are preferable if you are looking to try to gain experience (especially through Co-op)but I don't know which colleges that can offer me that opportunities right now. My admission process is sponsored by a relation who says I have to find a school for 2022 section or I won't be sponsored again.
I was directed to this trend to find information in regards to lucrative engineering jobs with high employment rates.
Please any one who can help me out in anyway is highly appreciated. Please every advice and directions I can get would be helpful.

Thank you all and God bless.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
Berle:
Sent

Hi Berle, you have not yet accepted my mail request sent through your moniker.

I have resent again just for the benefit of the doubt, or you can send a request through my moniker.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by daks02: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
Please has anyone flown KLM recently? do you know if you need schengen visa if your flight is only going through Amsterdam then on to Canada direct

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.