Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184539 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by anayolity: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2021
jclassiq:

Of course man.

I'll send you a PM now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 2:40am On Sep 21, 2021
GraciousWords:
Canny people especially Calgary people, pls help.

Information online says secondary school (year 7) starts at age 12. Does this mean a child who isn't 12 by August of a particular school year will not be able to start year 7? I suspect this is the case but just curious about the experience of those who have landed. Is the standard the same regardless of public, private or religious school? I know kids can't start kindergarten until they are 5 (at least in Calgary) just curious if the age regime is also strict for secondary school.

Also pls does anyone have information or experience of special schools for gifted kids or kids with exceptional talent? From what I've read looks like the child has to have spent at least a term/year in a Canadian school to be assessed.

Thanks.

PS: this was very useful for anyone researching schools: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/school-admissions-read-all-about-it-here.72241/

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 4:44am On Sep 21, 2021
NaijaCanadian28:

Nice link and very relevant. Just want to point out that it's specific to Ontario and Quebec. Education is regulated by province, so there's almost nothing like Canadian education.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alday: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2021
Followed your story last year and the previous.

You have a spectacular way of communicating and helping out.

One of the reasons I love this platform.

Greetings from Dublin.
NwanyiOkpa:

I have gotten it since may. Thanks a lot
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2021
GraciousWords:
Canny people especially Calgary people, pls help.

Information online says secondary school (year 7) starts at age 12. Does this mean a child who isn't 12 by August of a particular school year will not be able to start year 7? I suspect this is the case but just curious about the experience of those who have landed. Is the standard the same regardless of public, private or religious school? I know kids can't start kindergarten until they are 5 (at least in Calgary) just curious if the age regime is also strict for secondary school.

Also pls does anyone have information or experience of special schools for gifted kids or kids with exceptional talent? From what I've read looks like the child has to have spent at least a term/year in a Canadian school to be assessed.

Thanks.

PS: this was very useful for anyone researching schools: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/school-admissions-read-all-about-it-here.72241/

There are different requirements and eligibility for different schools. The best would be to reach out to the Calgary school board and make your enquires. There are times where some requirements are waived but there are also conditions to be met in order for the waiver to occur.
Reach out to them directly and make enquires about any confusion or questions you may have.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2021
Alday:
Followed your story last year and the previous.

You have a spectacular way of communicating and helping out.

One of the reasons I love this platform.

Greetings from Dublin.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by DereI(f): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2021
Iamblessed007:
Hello house,

Please i need your help, I applied for a visiting visa for my mum and sent that email for the application priority, and also attached the proof of relationship which are my international passport, my mum birth certificate, her change of name docs, invitation letter and the doctor's letter for my pregnant wife.

I received this email from IRCC "Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted"

Please could it be because i didn't attach my PR card and my birth certificate. If yes, can any one suggest the docs they used for their proof of relationship. Thanks

I also applied for my mum and included all the above as you had plus PR card and DL. Also included I needed her support in the theatre and want her with me during delivery.
She got the visa.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GraciousWords: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2021
DereI:

There are different requirements and eligibility for different schools. The best would be to reach out to the Calgary school board and make your enquires. There are times where some requirements are waived but there are also conditions to be met in order for the waiver to occur.
Reach out to them directly and make enquires about any confusion or questions you may have.

True. Thanks for responding!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2021
Good day All,
Pls, has anyone traveled on WP as an Entrepreneur to open a business in NS, OR anyone that has an idea, kindly assist with my questions. Hope am on the right place...
1-Which Net worth verifier do you suggest I use?
2-Which community, outside Halifax county can one start up hospitality biz?
3-What is the process like/how has it being so far?

Pls good people, your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 21, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good day All,
Pls, has anyone traveled on WP as an Entrepreneur to open a business in NS, OR anyone that has an idea, kindly assist with my questions. Hope am on the right place...

most people here used express entry, study or marriage. Best to get a licenced consultant. Money is not an issue for people like you grin

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 9:11pm On Sep 21, 2021
Ewoo!!!����...
Thanks for the response though.

ednut1:
most people here used express entry, study or marriage. Best to get a licenced consultant. Money is not an issue for people like you grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:05pm On Sep 21, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Ewoo!!!����...
Thanks for the response though.

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/393#95575511 posted this a while ago from a group. Group owner is now a licensed agent i doubt he will be willing to help for free grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by digitalmasta: 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2021
I'm new here.
Can someone please help with information on where to start for someone planning to move to Canada not via schooling.
No work experience (I work from home - web designs, SEO etc.)
Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ezzylee(m): 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2021
digitalmasta:
I'm new here.
Can someone please help with information on where to start for someone planning to move to Canada not via schooling.
No work experience (I work from home - web designs, SEO etc.)
Thanks

Start from page 1 of this thread https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GiantParrot(m): 2:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
Omishor2020:

It requires Canadian bank details. How can someone still in Nigeria use it to purchase CAD

Oh wow. Thought you were in Canada. I couldn't find a way to get CAD when I was relocating to Canada. Had to get USD cash from the bank and aboki. Opened USD and CAD accounts when I arrived Canada and visited the bank. Transfers can be made from the USD account to the CAD account at anytime, although not at the most favourable exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2021
Thanks so much @ednut... I appreciate this.

quote author=ednut1 post=106049024]https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/393#95575511 posted this a while ago from a group. Group owner is now a licensed agent i doubt he will be willing to help for free grin[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2021
Wao!!!...just read it. So helpful and encouraging. Thanks ones more@Ednut1.
Is it the group that has all the names the testifier mentioned?
Can you pls link me to the owner of the group, make I try, maybe he will assist.

Cheers

quote author=ednut1 post=106049024]https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/393#95575511 posted this a while ago from a group. Group owner is now a licensed agent i doubt he will be willing to help for free grin[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WinterDreary: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2021
I'm trying to get new medicated glasses in Toronto, but I'm getting quote of around $490 at Hakem Optical. Anyone knows where I can get better deals? I don't want to pay more than $200-250
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 9:30am On Sep 23, 2021
Can you pls link me to the owner of the group, make I try, maybe he will assist.

Cheers

ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/393#95575511 posted this a while ago from a group. Group owner is now a licensed agent i doubt he will be willing to help for free grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bozz007(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2021
WinterDreary:
I'm trying to get new medicated glasses in Toronto, but I'm getting quote of around $490 at Hakem Optical. Anyone knows where I can get better deals? I don't want to pay more than $200-250

If you have your prescription, use eyebuydirect dot com. Took about 10days to get to Naija, should be lesser in Canada

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2021
WinterDreary:

Online stores. Also try Costco. Then PC is giving up to 50% back in points, might make the purchase worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2021
Pls am expecting your response @Ednut1...good day.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2021

Cheers

ednut1:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 2:30pm On Sep 24, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:

Cheers

quote author=ednut1 post=106049024]https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/393#95575511 posted this a while ago from a group. Group owner is now a licensed agent i doubt he will be willing to help for free grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
jayifeanyi1234:
Good day All,

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badmanjo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2021
My people for someone transiting through UK with British airways to Canada, does their after Oct 4th quarantine rule apply?
I'm asking cause of their new regulations and I want to book the flight as soon as possible thanks.... Student Visa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aminat2000(f): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
Pls what quarantine rule is that? What does it state? I'm also booking this flight and I don't even know there's a rule. Please help ooo before I make payment.
Thank you.
badmanjo:
My people for someone transiting through UK with British airways to Canada, does their after Oct 4th quarantine rule apply?
I'm asking cause of their new regulations and I want to book the flight as soon as possible thanks.... Student Visa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Phabbs: 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
Hey peeps, I arrived in Toronto, Ontario about a month ago. Can someone please add me to the Ontario/Toronto group. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmatrack(m): 4:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
badmanjo:
I don't think you should be worried as long as you are only transiting, but you can check their website for further details. Meanwhile filling the passenger locator form is a must.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badmanjo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
I'm booking through Wak*now and they said as long as I'm just transiting through UK I don't need to quarantine... I booked for Oct 15tg, how about you?

aminat2000:
Pls what quarantine rule is that? What does it state? I'm also booking this flight and I don't even know there's a rule. Please help ooo before I make payment.
Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badmanjo(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
Thank you for the info bro....

emmatrack:

I don't think you should be worried as long as you are only transiting, but you can check their website for further details. Meanwhile filling the passenger locator form is a must.

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.