Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2192397 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by emmatrack(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sammychi90:

Please is the airline that bad, this is my first time flying and I don't want to have a bad experience. Can I ask for refund and book British airline?
It’s not that bad. But just imagine yourself being in the air for 17 hours sitting down and doing nothing so fantastic

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Glassses: 4:31am On Sep 30, 2021
Good day house,

Please I'm in need of a 2 bedroom apartment in Windsor Ontario, preferably close to the University of Windsor. It can be 2 rooms in a 4-plex or a single unit. Please DM if you have any apartment or can recommend any.

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ododoeye0020(m): 1:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
swizy:
So this news has been flying around in a WhatsApp group and people involved seem not to want to speak up or take proper actions. This is me doing the little I can to alert y'all.

There is a fraudulent travel agent by name MR AFUNKU YUSUF ADENIYI going about duping people in the name of getting a cheap flight ticket for them. He appears to be registered with NANTA (National Association of Nigeria Travel Agencies) and his ID shows he is a valid member on their website. A recent victim got his number from the group and asked for confirmation from those who booked with him. From series of comments, he is in the habit of giving fictitious booking ref numbers even though he managed to conclude bookings for some people but they went through alot of stress to get him to do that which took like couple of weeks to months. One of the members in the group went to confirm from Lufthansa and was told he was blacklisted a while back. And the Lufthansa staff said a number of people have come to make same confirmations of non existent bookings.

Back to the recent victim. Apparently he sent a booking ref no to this person who confirmed it on the airlines site or so. After a couple of days, going back to check again, the booking has be voided. All efforts to reach this agent became futile as he went incommunicado. We were alerted in the group today about this happening and we were trying to find out who recommended him to the group. Now the part paining me is that someone else in this whatsapp group was sending the screenshot of the conversation going on to him. He has an accomplice in the group!. They managed to get across to mr fraud and he had the guts to say that he is aware he's been called out in the group and gave more long stories and epistles.

More stories are coming up of people he duped and still haven't refunded till date. He is still acting innocent and full of stories according to those that managed to get across to him on phone. I don't even know what to make out of this anymore.

Anyway... if you happen to come across this name, Afunku Yusuf Adeniyi, face or number +234 803 497 0977 anywhere, please shout it and perhaps warn whoever it is to flee from Mr Afunku cos he is a confirmed fraud.

P.s I don't know what the people he duped have done or are doing. They aren't saying anything else in the group. It seems they want to pardon the fraud and the accomplice still in the group.

I fell into his trap July 2021. Someone I trust recommended his agent to me. First I have difficulties using the ticket to board a plane from Doha to Lagos the return ticket was canceled or I should say there's no return ticket. I bought a new return ticket which he promised that he will refund by September ending I've been calling him since then he's not answering my call
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OGRukky: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Good evening house.please is there anyone in need of a roommate and is going to Fanshawe College December?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marh: 5:54am On Oct 01, 2021
Hello House,
Please I am in need of a dayhome around SW Calgary that's not too expensive. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamoqel: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2021
Please canada resident i need advice. I plant to liquidate my investments that generates 1m naira monthly to move to canada via study once my visa is granted. Is this a good move .u people have tested both expirence. I practical yarn to live in a normal sane society but I luv money making .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
Munamoqel:
Please canada resident i need advice. I plant to liquidate my investments that generates 1m naira monthly to move to canada via study once my visa is granted. Is this a good move .u people have tested both expirence. I practical yarn to live in a normal sane society but I luv money making .
if you are confident about the safety of the investment, why liquidate it?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamoqel: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
CountVersailles:

if you are confident about the safety of the investment, why liquidate it?
constant devalution of the naira. It a fix income fgn bond .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
Munamoqel:
constant devalution of the naira. It a fix income fgn bond .
meaning you have 100m naira in bonds If yet liquidate and maybe buy a house in canada with it

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamoqel: 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
ednut1:
meaning you have 100m naira in bonds If yet liquidate and maybe buy a house in canada with it
will o get a permant resident of i buy a house?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:49am On Oct 02, 2021
Munamoqel:
will o get a permant resident of i buy a house?
of course not
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teau: 5:59am On Oct 02, 2021
Hello,

please can anyone recommend any nice, decent affordable daycare in Regina SK. Need one for my 29months old.
Also looking for a nice accommodation. All this realtors keep asking for paystub, how am i to provide one when i just got to Regina few weeks ago.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yunqdady: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hi everyone.

I'm actually new on this thread and I'm hoping I could be advised properly.

I got my ppr recently all thanks to God Almighty and Carelton University Ottawa was the school i used for my study permit application for winter 2022. I also applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) which was my 1st choice but admission didn't come on time and after submitting my study permit application I received Admission from MUN.
I intend to travel in December but I'm confused.  I really don't know if to stick to carelton University or change my dli when I get to Canada. I can't make a decision based on the course because both courses are related to my field. I will like to make a decision based on what province will favour me more interms of job opportunities, PR, future children etc. I appreciate what ever advice you can provide thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bekayy: 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello. It was 25k. Go to the website and you would see apply for transcript. it took about a month because school wasn't in session. I hear it now takes shorter.

yunqdady:

How much and how easy did you eventually get it done?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by yunqdady: 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2021
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by stevesegkay: 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, please if any here lives in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador and knows any one with a space (room/basement) one can rent temporarily for 1 or 2 months, please PM here or reach me by email to: STEVESEGKAY@GMAIL.COM
Many thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shege45: 2:21am On Oct 03, 2021
Munamoqel:
dont do it

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamoqel: 9:55am On Oct 03, 2021
shege45:
dont do it
ok thanks why?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2021
Munamoqel:

Egungun be careful....

Not a good idea at all.....

You even state you love making money tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Munamoqel: 10:57am On Oct 03, 2021
oluayebenz:

Egungun be careful....

Not a good idea at all.....

You even state you love making money tongue
yes I luv enterprenurship especially buying and selling for profits it give me fulfillment. But Nigeria matter of insecurity and mass poverty it affect my mental well being

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:11am On Oct 03, 2021
Munamoqel:
yes I luv enterprenurship especially buying and selling for profits it give me fulfillment. But Nigeria matter of insecurity and mass poverty it affect my mental well being

Do not liquidate your investment in Nigeria, keep it and travel oversea.......

Be making money in both country, when you finally settled in Canada you will understand better.....

But that aside..... where una dey make this money? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
Mass poverty and you have over N100m in savings in Nigeria. Well done!
Munamoqel:

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sammychi90: 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
Happy new week everyone,

Please my agent made mistake on my flight ticket by inputing wrong date of birth,
Is been a week since my ticket was booked and i get to find out just now sadly �.

Please has anyone encountered such error and how do I go about it ? Ethiopian airline contact has been om voice mail since.

My date of departure is Dec 10th.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sammychi90:
Happy new week everyone,

Please my agent made mistake on my flight ticket by inputing wrong date of birth,
Is been a week since my ticket was booked and i get to find out just now sadly �.

Please has anyone encountered such error and how do I go about it ? Ethiopian airline contact has been om voice mail since.

Isn't this supposed to be your agent's problem since they made the mistake?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sammychi90: 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
19CannyMum:

Isn't this supposed to be your agent's problem since they made the mistake?

I want to also find solution here, I can't trust him after such costly mistake. Please if u have a solution kindly help me, I need help �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sammychi90: 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sammychi90:
Happy new week everyone,

Please I need help �

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 11:14pm On Oct 03, 2021
Sammychi90:

I want to also find solution here, I can't trust him after such costly mistake. Please if u have a solution kindly help me, I need help �

Call Ethiopian Airlines to make the change. No personal experience though.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 2:35am On Oct 04, 2021
Laurendee:
Please who has experience or knows someone who brought an infant with them while studying in Canada?
What was it like generally?

Were you or the person able to school and work part time alongside having to care for the infant?

Also what was average fee for daycare or babysitter for the infant?

I didn’t come with an infant but I was pregnant when I came to school in Canada and eventually had my baby while still in school. I took 2 weeks break at some point and resumed 4 weeks after delivery. My husband was able to secure his work permit shortly before I delivered and my mum was able to secure a visiting visa . I was not able to work for obvious reasons and it was very tough. My mum eventually left after 4 months and luckily for me I was able to secure daycare subsidy even as an international student (I was in Toronto then but not all municipalities give this benefit to non-PRs and non-citizens). I never paid a dime throughout my entire program. If you have help, it’s possible; it’s not easy but it’s possible. But if you are coming alone, I would not advice it specifically because you have stated that you want to work. If you can receive stipend from Nigeria that will be sufficient for you then it’s ok. You also won’t be able to get child benefit until after 18 months. Daycare does not operate 24 hours and they don’t work weekends. I don’t really see how you will be able to manage it. Daycare fees depends on your region and the age of the child, Ontario is one of the highest-some parents pay as much as $1600 per month. Provinces like Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan are affordable, maybe in the 400-700s range. I remember vividly my daughter’s daycare (this was five years ago though)was charging City of Toronto $65 per day.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NaijaCanadian28: 2:45am On Oct 04, 2021
Henriie:
Hi everyone.

I'm actually new on this thread and I'm hoping I could be advised properly.

I got my ppr recently all thanks to God Almighty and Carelton University Ottawa was the school i used for my study permit application for winter 2022. I also applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) which was my 1st choice but admission didn't come on time and after submitting my study permit application I received Admission from MUN.
I intend to travel in December but I'm confused.  I really don't know if to stick to carelton University or change my dli when I get to Canada. I can't make a decision based on the course because both courses are related to my field. I will like to make a decision based on what province will favour me more interms of job opportunities, PR, future children etc. I appreciate what ever advice you can provide thanks

For opportunities, I prefer Ottawa. If you plan well, you will definitely get PR irrespective of the province.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jayifeanyi1234: 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Tell your agent to put the correct age or send SSR message to the airline. He just need to call up ur ticket and type the correct birthdate.

[quote author=Sammychi90 post=106409513][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teau: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2021
pppppppppppllllllllleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee
please guys how can i get a pcr test done in Regina for travel to USA.
Also i am an international student with a 2and half year old child,please how do i register in a daycare and would the fee be reduced for us?
PLEASE HELP!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.