Stats: 3,153,009 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190662 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:48pm On Nov 21, 2021
YinksXO:
Hello everyone, is there any family out there in Burnaby/Vancouver? My teenage daughter is looking for other Nigerian teens that she can connect with as she's there alone. Any suggestions?
What happened to teens from other nationalities?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Issyman(m): 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
40manlappy:

Have you connected with the Nigerians in Ottawa? If not, send me a dm

Hey Baba, a very very long time..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by YinksXO: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
�since this is a Nigerian thread, it would be an effort in futility asking for other nationalities? But if you know any teens around that area, irrespective of nationalities, kindly recommend.

CountVersailles:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wealthtrak: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
joo2018:
WELCOME TO LIVING IN CANADA/LIFE AS A CANADIAN IMMIGRANT PART TWO

[size=11pt][/size]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 40manlappy: 9:18pm On Nov 21, 2021
Issyman:

Hey Baba, a very very long time..

Longest time bro cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2021
CountVersailles:

grin repent

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 11:19pm On Nov 21, 2021
ednut1:
grin repent
But na true na grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Deman05(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
Pls I need a link to ship gadgets from Canada to Nigeria?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by canadaishome: 1:13am On Nov 22, 2021
Good day all

I have a pending PR application. VO is Accra but I've moved to the UK now and sent a webform and email to update my contact info but no response since September.
By the time they eventually change my contact information, will my file be moved to another VO? Perhaps London VO
Thank you in advance for your input
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Techbrotomiwa: 2:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Quite an inspiring story. I thought to share. He got his first role in software engineering after many denied applications https://livingincad.com/how-this-software-developer-got-his-first-job-in-canada/

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:12am On Nov 22, 2021
canadaishome:
Good day all

I have a pending PR application. VO is Accra but I've moved to the UK now and sent a webform and email to update my contact info but no response since September.
By the time they eventually change my contact information, will my file be moved to another VO? Perhaps London VO
Thank you in advance for your input
wont be moved
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pattadon: 3:36am On Nov 22, 2021
Hi
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gulpreet: 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hello, please search for Evans Kiddies Dayhome.

Please, I am in need of a dayhome in SW Calgary. Not too expensive biko[/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Luckymama: 1:26am On Nov 23, 2021
Dollywood:

What do you do about the long dark winter that keeps everyone isolated?

This is my first winter - and it is truly depressing sad. 4:30 p.m and it is already dark! Na wah.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Luckymama: 1:33am On Nov 23, 2021
bysolaro:
Greetings!
Trust this meets you well.
Thank you for all the great information you selflessly disseminate here.

Please, I'll be coming to BC in a month on a student visa What I would like is a list of all the things I need to have in place before leaving Lagos e.g. driver's license, etc. All that will make my settlement in Canada a breeze.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Hi biko please let's connect . Whereabouts in BC are you coming to?
All you need is your valid drivers license. You don't need the FRSC letter or international drivers license. When you come depending on your length of driving time will determine what level of drivers license you get. you will still have to write a driving test and do the driver's test. If you can get a letter from your insurance about how long you have driven without incidence that will help reduce your car insurance costs.

Besides as a student you can drive with your valid Nigerian drivers license until the end of your program.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:21am On Nov 23, 2021
Luckymama:

This is my first winter - and it is truly depressing sad. 4:30 p.m and it is already dark! Na wah.
Get used to it grin
Na una wan to Canada
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adexyone(f): 4:35am On Nov 23, 2021
YinksXO:
Hello everyone, is there any family out there in Burnaby/Vancouver? My teenage daughter is looking for other Nigerian teens that she can connect with as she's there alone. Any suggestions?
she should look for any RCCG around her and join the teenage church. I believe their should be one not too far from her. That's a good start. Except you guys are not Christians. If she's an international student. I want to believe their should be other Nigerians in her school. Let her join the international students group. Even if they are not Nigerians she can connect with other international students.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by bysolaro: 4:46am On Nov 23, 2021
Thanks a million for this! Sadly, already wasted 8k getting the international driver's license.
Will definitely be in Vancouver. Feel free to inbox me your details.

Cheers!

Luckymama:

Hi biko please let's connect . Whereabouts in BC are you coming to?
All you need is your valid drivers license. You don't need the FRSC letter or international drivers license. When you come depending on your length of driving time will determine what level of drivers license you get. you will still have to write a driving test and do the driver's test. If you can get a letter from your insurance about how long you have driven without incidence that will help reduce your car insurance costs.

Besides as a student you can drive with your valid Nigerian drivers license until the end of your program.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by YinksXO: 8:40am On Nov 23, 2021
Thank you but we are Muslims, she's in high school and unfortunately her school doesn't have any Nigerian there and other int'l kids have their own group. I know she'll sort it out but just wanted to help as mother hen concern.

adexyone:
she should look for any RCCG around her and join the teenage church. I believe their should be one not too far from her. That's a good start. Except you guys are not Christians. If she's an international student. I want to believe their should be other Nigerians in her school. Let her join the international students group. Even if they are not Nigerians she can connect with other international students.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adexyone(f): 8:52am On Nov 23, 2021
YinksXO:

Thank you but we are Muslims, she's in high school and unfortunately her school doesn't have any Nigerian there and other int'l kids have their own group. I know she'll sort it out but just wanted to help as mother hen concern.

Don't worry just give it time I'm sure she'll adjust.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 9:06am On Nov 23, 2021
Luckymama:

I hope you find something doing indoor, you can't stay idle during this winter, it finna make you go crazy.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dollywood(m): 9:07am On Nov 23, 2021
CountVersailles:

Get used to it grin
Na una wan to Canada

Get used to what? Abeg if you want give advise, give no dey use her decision adjust to that terrible situation, u suppose give her solution to what can make her not feel the winter effects on her

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adexyone(f): 9:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Hello everyone.
I want to say thank you to all the contributors on this page even though sometimes it's as if it's derailed. I have enjoyed reading from part 1 to this part. I have gotten so much information from mechanic to hairdresser to when to change your tyres and where to get a lot of things . Been reading since last Yr and it's been worthwhile. I've actually been waiting for some wonderful landing gists but so far it's as if no one has travelled recently or all the people getting ppr recently on other forums are not on nairaland.
Ok house pls I need some clarifications on my questions.
Has anyone landed in a different province for like a day or 2 before proceeding to another province for their 14 days quarantine.
I intend landing in January by God's grace with 2 teenagers and 2 under 10. I know the teenagers need to quarantine for 14 days since they aren't vaccinated. Now my concern is that I want to land in BC for like a day or 2 just to see my investor and pick up some few documents but I would love to settle in calgary. Will it be OK to put calgary address as their quarantine address even if I stay 2 days in a hotel in bc before moving to calgary or will that amount to violating any law. I wouldn't mind them staying the 14days in vancouver honestly, but we would be using their quarantine period to sort accommodation in calgary and getting school for them.

My second question is if we are still required to get the FRSC extract for drivers license in calgary. Not sure if this is what they call it. I still have other questions though will ask them later. Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
adexyone:
Hello everyone.
I want to say thank you to all the contributors on this page even though sometimes it's as if it's derailed. I have enjoyed reading from part 1 to this part. I have gotten so much information from mechanic to hairdresser to when to change your tyres and where to get a lot of things . Been reading since last Yr and it's been worthwhile. I've actually been waiting for some wonderful landing gists but so far it's as if no one has travelled recently or all the people getting ppr recently on other forums are not on nairaland.
Has anyone landed in a different province for like a day or 2 before proceeding to another province for their 14 days quarantine.
I intend landing in January by God's grace with 2 teenagers and 2 under 10. I know the teenagers need to quarantine for 14 days since they aren't vaccinated. Now my concern is that I want to land in BC for like a day or 2 just to see my investor and pick up some few documents but I would love to settle in calgary. Will it be OK to put calgary address as their quarantine address even if I stay 2 days in a hotel in bc before moving to calgary or will that amount to violating any law. I wouldn't mind them staying the 14days in vancouver honestly, but we would be using their quarantine period to sort accommodation in calgary and getting school for them.

My second question is if we are still required to get the FRSC extract for drivers license in calgary. Not sure if this is what they call it. I still have other questions though will ask them later. Thank you.

You don't need frsc extract for Alberta
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
Dollywood:

Get used to what? Abeg if you want give advise, give no dey use her decision adjust to that terrible situation, u suppose give her solution to what can make her not feel the winter effects on her
mr man stop trolling us. Give solution because she created the weather ba

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
adexyone:
Hello everyone.

you have to stay in bc for 14 days for the kids to complete their quarantine.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
ednut1:
mr man stop trolling us. Give solution because she created the weather ba
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:40pm On Nov 23, 2021
YinksXO:

Tell her to join the Muslim societies around her area. People often find a strong sense of community among their religious peers, regardless what nationality they come from. The downside is that she could become over-religious as she's still just a teenager. But if that's not your worry, it's a good option.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2021
19CannyMum:

You don't need frsc extract for Alberta
I was asked for an extract late 2019 when I landed, I don't know if is still a requirement currently.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi house,

Please what airline will you recommend for a mum with an infant (8 months). I need suggestions pertaining to baby friendly airlines
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2021
capsule:

I was asked for an extract late 2019 when I landed, I don't know if is still a requirement currently.

Interesting. Please share more details let's learn. I only provided my license in the same 2019. The driver's guide has details of the exchange agreement, and I don't think there's anything like abstract in there.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Luckymama: 6:03pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hi all
Is there by any chance anyone in UBCO (Kelowna) here or resuming in January? Looking for shared accomodation and have seen a couple of nice buildings close to campus. Would like to share with one two flatmates - females only please.

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: chuchucalgary and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53