Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,364 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189163 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lianna2020: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
I think they have express as well.
Did you use express service?
Fatkideric:
Hey guys, I just found this thread recently. I have a couple of questions to ask.

I went to ottawa to renew my nigerian passport on the 15th of Oct, 2021. They said it takes about 6 weeks or more. However, I need it before the end of december but I have heard horror stories.

My question guys is that is there anyone here that can vouch to me that it did not take long or it will come in the stipulated time or got their own recently and when did they apply. I would appreciate the responses. Thank you in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by RoyalDukeDon: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Any advice on that, does it have any implications?
GoldenCrown1160:
Don't Change anything before you travel.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sammychi90: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2021
Happy weekend everyone and congrat to those that have received their PPR.
Quick one please, I booked Ethiopian airline two months ago against Dec 10. The ongoing conflict in the Country is scaring me, the airline customer care has assured us that our reservation is still intact but I'm worried. Please contact me if ur using Ethiopian airline or if u have any good news to share about them from recent experience thanks.
Ps: my layover at Addis Ababa is 2hrs
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2021
Pls,I need info about universal life insurance ..and how it works in canada ?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
Sammychi90:
Quick one please, I booked Ethiopian airline two months ago against Dec 10. The ongoing conflict in the Country is scaring me, the airline customer care has assured us that our reservation is still intact but I'm worried. Please contact me if ur using Ethiopian airline or if u have any good news to share about them from recent experience thanks.
Nothing go happen to you, oga. The one wey dey happen for Nigeria no pass their own?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
CountVersailles:

Nothing go happen to you, oga. The one wey dey happen for Nigeria no pass their own?
must you always come here to do this Ethiopia is at war with rebels heading to addis ababa. Are bandits or boko haram going to abuja to overthrow Buhari. Mr op dont take chances . If you can get a refund abeg try.

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sammychi90: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2021
ednut1:
must you always come here to do this Ethiopia is at war with rebels heading to addis ababa. Are bandits or boko haram going to abuja to overthrow Buhari. Mr op dont take chances . If you can get a refund abeg try.

I appreciate ur reply , the refund is just 40% and to book another airline is very expensive now. I'm just confused
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Liispa(f): 12:09pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hey guys

Please which other VAC (that has been tested) can I send my passport to for stamping. I really don't want it to hang in Lagos/Accra

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanregal: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
Liispa:
Hey guys

Please which other VAC (that has been tested) can I send my passport to for stamping. I really don't want it to hang in Lagos/Accra

Thanks

You can send it directly to Accra yourself. Learnt it takes 2weeks to receive your passport and COPR.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by toboy: 1:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kenn55:

It's like you haven't been observing this travel section lately. Some anti abroad people push some assertions just to achieve one thing and that is to begin arguments about Nigeria is better than abroad bullshit. They no longer come direct cos people will jump and pass, they now make it look like they are asking,talking or inquiring about something genuine but the end game is to start an argument to push their narrative.

The issue of boredom is as clear as daylight for any serious person. A non yoruba person who has lived in Lagos all his life and suddenly finds himself living in Ogbomosho or any non multicultural towns will certainly be bored. A non igbo person who suddenly gets to live in Nsukka will definitely be bored there. Even at that, people with an outgoing type of personality still try to make it happen for themselves.
Are we now going to make it an issue and say Nigeria is boring?
I'm not saying the person that talked about boredom is in that category, I'm giving you an example of why the reaction is what it is.
Hey cheesy Why is Nsukka boring to non-Igbo person?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by toboy: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
Jam2jam:
Hello guys,

I know this isn't LinkedIn but I thought its worth a shot.

I'm studying Software development at Lambton College, Toronto. I'm going into my final semester and due to start co-op (Internship) in January as a requirement for my program.

Its proving to be more difficult than I thought to find placement. Even though January seems far away, I'm getting anxious because if I'm unable to get a placement, I would have to enroll in another semester and pay its fees, for which I have not budgeted.

If anyone here has any leads, or can connect me, or refer me, or employ me, it would be really helpful.
Also, I dont have to be in Toronto, so if there are opportunities elsewhere, I'm open to that too.

You can reach out to me privately, or reply to this post or ask for my contact information.

I hope my helper gets to see this.
how long would the coop be for?
Feel, free to connect with me. My colleagues usually take interns every now and then. I could recommend if it's a good fit
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
Sammychi90:

I appreciate ur reply , the refund is just 40% and to book another airline is very expensive now. I'm just confused

Oga,just buy a small bulletproof vest to wear and go ur way ..safe journey
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Liispa(f): 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
lanregal:

You can send it directly to Accra yourself. Learnt it takes 2weeks to receive your passport and COPR.

Lately? Thanks for the reply
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by steroid: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Random pictures

12 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nigerianmigrant: 8:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
steroid:
Random pictures
we need more like this, it’s gingers me lol

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by pweetiedee(m): 11:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please is there anyone that works as a caregiver in Canada. I need to ask some questions �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 12:37am On Nov 08, 2021
toboy:
how long would the coop be for?
Feel, free to connect with me. My colleagues usually take interns every now and then. I could recommend if it's a good fit
Thanks for your response.
That would be awesome.
It's a 4 months coop, from January to April.
I have sent you a direct message
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 3:11am On Nov 08, 2021
Jam2jam:

Thanks for your response.
That would be awesome.
It's a 4 months coop, from January to April.
I have sent you a direct message
Wish you the best. I hope you get the internship.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jam2jam: 4:13am On Nov 08, 2021
CountVersailles:

Wish you the best. I hope you get the internship.
Thanks. I appreciate it
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lanregal: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2021
Please, how do I book for remedical. I have tried on the websites of both Qlife and IOMLagos but there is no slot available this year. I have less than 20days for the remedicals. I have sent mails to them and yet to get a response. I also can't get through to them on the phone. Please help! angry
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Paccus: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2021
Sammychi90:
The rebels are very far away from Addis Ababa about 7 hours away...Addis Ababa is very safe
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by capsule(m): 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sammychi90:

Same situation, though mine is late December, I suppose they will communicate to their customers if need be.

So unfortunate Ethiopia is going this way too.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:45am On Nov 09, 2021
For the lonely ones. You can join clubhouse, there are clubs with Nigerian Canadians and they usually link up and hangout. Winter don come dont come here to cry o grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by adanac13: 3:23am On Nov 09, 2021
Hi people, its been a minute since I was here, quick question,
Why do we use insult as a response to opinions we don't agree with?
we should be unlearning somethings o and learn how to have civil conversations/arguements
when you go back and read how you responded, are you proud of yourself?
I'm sure in your resume you wrote "excellent communication skills" lipsrsealed
I've said my own o, before you respond with insult refer to lines 2 - 4
anyway I'm in Calgary and as an ambivert I can't say I'm bored but I miss my friends
I'm also open to new and meaningful friendships. cheesy

21 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ShoeShineGuy: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2021
steroid:
Random pictures

See as PEACE is written all over the pictures...
I can see it!
I can feel it!!
I receive it!!!

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by pweetiedee(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
pweetiedee:
Please is there anyone that works as a caregiver in Canada. I need to ask some questions �

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by pweetiedee(m): 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
cheesy
ShoeShineGuy:

See as PEACE is written all over the pictures...
I can see it!
I can feel it!!
I receive it!!!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MKolawoler: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Liispa:
Hey guys

Thanks

Co-ask please. I got PPR recently (VO-Ottawa) and was advised to send my passport via Vfs Cairo. Please, I would like to know if anyone here has used it before or has an idea of how efficient/fast they are.

Also, I see someone recommended Accra VO, but I heard there have been delays with them, or have things changed there? Please anyone, help me out if you have an idea about the above. Many thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kayuseful: 9:58am On Nov 10, 2021
lanregal:
Please, how do I book for remedical. I have tried on the websites of both Qlife and IOMLagos but there is no slot available this year. I have less than 20days for the remedicals. I have sent mails to them and yet to get a response. I also can't get through to them on the phone. Please help! angry
If you've sent a mail to IOM, they'll reply you with the available dates.
QLife is always overbooked
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shams040(m): 2:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please what is the actual cost of International passport renewal? I saw 50 dollars on the Canada page and now I'm seeing 100 dollar after I have submitted my application
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Eggovic: 10:01am On Nov 11, 2021
kayuseful:

QLife is available overbooked
Please what do you mean by this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lasignor(m): 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
lanregal:

High Commission or VFS Accra?

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.