Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2184142 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (712) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 5:57am On Jan 20, 2022
[quote author=ndubisik post=109455849]Yes I will send you an email

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hello guys,

Who wants to buy usd for cad?

Preferably in Toronto

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by EyinjuGod(f): 3:14am On Jan 21, 2022
Hi family.
Please what does this statement mean.

We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

The status changed from you do not need medical request to this after I raised webform to send my upfront e medical sheet.

And its been like that since Monday

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:47am On Jan 21, 2022
EyinjuGod:
Hi family.
Please what does this statement mean.

We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.

The status changed from you do not need medical request to this after I raised webform to send my upfront e medical sheet.

And its been like that since Monday
its normal, happens to everyone when you submit medicals

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by EyinjuGod(f): 4:55am On Jan 21, 2022
ednut1:
its normal, happens to everyone when you submit medicals

Thank you. Please do you have an idea of the average time it takes the embassy to update medicals

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:02am On Jan 21, 2022
EyinjuGod:

Thank you. Please do you have an idea of the average time it takes
angry its normal, They dont update it till after visa has been issued.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oganammuo: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hi Family,
Pls I urgently need your help. My husband is arriving Toronto on Tuesday next week. But he is having problem booking airBNB because he doesn't have a dollar card.
Pls does anybody have an accommodation?
Or you can help him book when he comes he will refund you.
Or you connect him to someone who can accept payment on arrival.

His school is Centennial College and he is fully vaccinated.
God bless you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by peruxie: 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hello guys, I am looking for a very nice affordable apartment in Toronto…kindly assist if you have any plug.thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by orobs93(m): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2022
[quote author=peruxie post=109574439]Hello guys, I am looking for a very nice affordable apartment in Toronto…kindly assist if you have any plug.thanks [/quote
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lahips: 9:24am On Jan 22, 2022
https://www.cybersecurecatalyst.ca/actp-overview

Do you qualify for at least one of the streams?
RBC Women in Cyber Stream

Identifies as female
Convention refugee, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, residing in Canada
At least 18 years of age
Completed a high school diploma
Speak and write effectively in English

Do you meet these additional entry requirements?
Education and Work Experience

• Not currently enrolled in another program of study

• Not currently or previously employed in information security

Learnt it's just $500 for fees from the contact who shared the information, anyway Read through the link for more information. Just thought to share and hope someone finds this useful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nitrogen(m): 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
Nigerians in Ottawa WhatsApp group, please, does anyone have the link?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wizean(m): 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hi there, for folks looking to arrive in Calgary and need a short Airbnb stay, you may want to check the link below:

https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/53330362?check_in=2022-02-12&check_out=2022-02-26&guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=eb9961cc-74d1-4c8d-b6dc-f0665812ca96
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Super1759: 3:52pm On Jan 22, 2022
Hi guys, I need a quick response or your opinion.

Migrating to UK or Canada, which is best for an average Nigerian moving with family in terms or way of life, making money.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ndubisik(m): 11:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
i got somewhere already thanks!

orobs93:

What’s up you open to rent together ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by KlausMike(m): 3:05am On Jan 23, 2022
DeeWan:
I have been trying to get the Drivers licence authentication letter for over a month now but it seems so difficult to get as the FRSC officials I have been communicating with keep procrastinating day after day. I want to use this letter to process my Drivers Licence in Ontario, Canada and I am traveling this Friday. Can anyone help with someone reliable I can talk to in FRSC to process this document for me? Your assistance in this regard will be appreciated.

Can anyone help with this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:27am On Jan 23, 2022

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Blurpy: 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2022
Both countries have favoured Nigerians. Any one you go for is okay
Super1759:

Migrating to UK or Canada, which is best for an average Nigerian moving with family in terms or way of life, making money.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Naijaforeigner: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2022
Super1759:

Thanks

I lived in UK before moving over to Canada.

When it comes to the way of life, I prefer UK. The short distance by flight to Naija, the cheap Naija food, the fact that you feel like you are still close to home while living in the UK and so many other reasons will always make me prefer UK.

Personally, I think there is something missing in Canada when it comes to the social way of life. I have a good job, I am a PR but I still feel a void within me.
I never felt this way while I was in the UK even on a temporary Visa. Maybe it is just me, maybe it is the whole covid situation and the whole lockdown Canada has subjected us to. I just feel something is missing. This does not mean I do not like Canada, I just feel there could be more. This is my personal opinion!

Please note: Your Canada experience could be completely different to mine.

When it comes to making money, professional career and advancement, I would say both countries offer similar opportunities. Maybe you can make more money in UK but the difference can’t be too much when compared to Canada.

I always tell prospective immigrants to consider 2 things first before moving to any country; Human rights and ease of becoming a PR in that country. In UK and Canada, your human rights are fully covered which leads to the next one, ease of becoming a PR.

I don’t think any country in the world right now comes close to Canada (except New Zealand) when it comes to how fast you can become a PR. Canada is “dashing” out PR at the moment and this won’t stop anytime soon.
The downside is, Canada’s visa application/ process from Nigeria and even within Canada can be frustrating, challenging, time consuming and you will need all the patience in the world.

Finally, if you are looking for a way to get yourself and family out of Naija super fast, then UK is your go to country.

All the best and happy Sunday.

48 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2022
Naijaforeigner:

When it comes to the way of life, I prefer UK. The short distance by flight to Naija, the cheap Naija food, the fact that you feel like you are still close to home while living in the UK and so many other reasons will always make me prefer UK.

Personally, I think there is something missing in Canada when it comes to the social way of life. I have a good job, I am a PR but I still feel a void within me.
I never felt this way while I was in the UK even on a temporary Visa. Maybe it is just me, maybe it is the whole covid situation and the whole lockdown Canada has subjected us to. I just feel something is missing. This does not mean I do not like Canada, I just feel there could be more. This is my personal opinion!

When it comes to making money, professional career and advancement, I would say both countries offer similar opportunities. Maybe you can make more money in UK but the difference can’t be too much when compared to Canada.

I always tell prospective immigrants to consider 2 things first before moving to any country; Human rights and ease of becoming a PR in that country. In UK and Canada, your human rights are fully covered which leads to the next one, ease of becoming a PR.

I don’t think any country in the world right now comes close to Canada (except New Zealand) when it comes to how fast you can become a PR. Canada is “dashing” out PR at the moment and this won’t stop anytime soon.
The downside is, Canada’s visa application/ process from Nigeria and even within Canada can be frustrating, challenging, time consuming and you will need all the patience in the world.

Finally, if you are looking for a way to get yourself and family out of Naija super fast, then UK is your go to country.

unfortunately they have done skilled workers draws in 13 months. And from a recently leaked memo they may not do draws soon unless maybe the minister has other plans. PR is no longer being dashed out in Canada o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 3:08am On Jan 24, 2022
Hello

Who knows of any tailor that slim fits clothes in the GTA are and isn’t too expensive please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 7:39am On Jan 24, 2022
JORDAN55:
Hello

Who knows of any tailor that slim fits clothes in the GTA are and isn’t too expensive please
Next time just buy your size. There are too many stores in Canada to not be able to buy your proper size.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by peruxie: 8:02am On Jan 24, 2022
orobs93:

How far open to sharing ?
Are you still up for this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by buchito1(m): 11:07am On Jan 24, 2022
CountVersailles:

Next time just buy your size. There are too many stores in Canada to not be able to buy your proper size.
This man again grin grin

Tufiakwa gi!

What if person gift am the clothe? angry

Learn to close your mouth sometimes. Basketmouth angry

24 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Perfectyyyyyy: 12:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Well written!
This is the most beautiful reply I have see in recent times to this type of comparison question between both countries.

Naijaforeigner:

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by biglizzy: 2:42pm On Jan 24, 2022
Naijaforeigner:

What options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
biglizzy:

What options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
student visa or work visa if you are a doctor,nurse or big 4 auditor.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by biglizzy: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
ednut1:
student visa or work visa if you are a doctor,nurse or big 4 auditor.
How will the student visa option accommodate ones family?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
biglizzy:

How will the student visa option accommodate ones family?
go make your research on the uk visa pages.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
CountVersailles:

Okay, Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JORDAN55: 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2022
JORDAN55:
Hello

Anyone please help
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Olami2903: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please has anyone done soft landing recently? I know they said sometime last year that it was canceled but I understand that people are still doing it. If anyone has kindly share your experience. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SmartGadgetz: 8:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please I have an urgent question to ask concerning my sisters traveling to Canada for her studies in Canada in which she has gotten her visa and booked her flight for departure this week.

The question now is, her school is to resume by April/may this year 2022, she had written her Canadian school severally for them to adjust her resumption date to January or February but she didn't get any reply from them. She has gotten a Canadian visa since last year 2021 December.

Now, can anything affect her flight ticked she purchased from traveling knowing fully well that her school resumption time is April/may?

Please I need someone or persons with experience to clarify me on this situation, to avoid issues?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (712) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.