Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (588) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188641 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kelchy: 12:12pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hi Guys, please need your help URGENTLY. I'm a prospective September student of CONESTOGA COLLEGE. I have applied for form A to pay my tuition since June 8 and still no dollar.

Kindly advise on the alternative way I can pay

Does the school have an account detail that someone in Canada can.pay directly into?

Is there any Conestoga alumni that can advise or someone that has a solution.

Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Papapa1234: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hello

pls my Child is a US CITIZEN ..pls what do i need to do to enrol her in school or regularize her stay once we land in Canada.

thank you very much
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bullrun: 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
Hello there, I have a student who needs to rent an apartment in Gatineau. This person has been looking for months with no success. I'm wondering if anyone here can help and act as a guarantor. To demonstrate how serious I am about this, I will pay you for your services.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by leksite120(m): 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2022
slydog:

Guys, finally got the TD role, same dept but two steps below, a Lil less than 65k. Resumption is on my 59th day in Canada.
I guess I'll start here and build.
Thank you for all your encouragement.
congratulations bro

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 1:30am On Jul 28, 2022
leksite120:
congratulations bro
Congratulations! More of God's favour

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 1:44am On Jul 28, 2022
slydog:

Guys, finally got the TD role, same dept but two steps below, a Lil less than 65k. Resumption is on my 59th day in Canada.

Yaass! Congratulations! The most important thing is to get your foot in the door. From there, the only way you're going is up. Your growth will be faster than you think.

9 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

Yaass! Congratulations! The most important thing is to get your foot in the door. From there, the only way you're going is up. Your growth will be faster than you think.

Thank you so much! That's the only prayer & expectation

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Charityjunkie(f): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2022
Hi all… please seniors that have landed, what was the time frame between landing and getting your pr card? I know it varies but I just want to have a rough estimate so I can plan accordingly. Thank you!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Weezybaby: 11:45am On Jul 28, 2022
Bullrun:
Hello there, I have a student who needs to rent an apartment in Gatineau. This person has been looking for months with no success. I'm wondering if anyone here can help and act as a guarantor. To demonstrate how serious I am about this, I will pay you for your services.

Facebook market is a very good option; it might take a bit of time but with determination there are definitely options out there. Been in this position myself in Gatineau
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gustav25: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2022
I'm looking for an apartment/ condo ( 2 bed and 2 toilet) in saint John New Brunswick. Fair monthly rent please. Any leads would be appreciated. I've checked marketplace and Kijiji
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2022
Charityjunkie:
Hi all… please seniors that have landed, what was the time frame between landing and getting your pr card? I know it varies but I just want to have a rough estimate so I can plan accordingly. Thank you!

Honestly… you can’t get a rough estimates as the timeline is disorganized. 2 people are still waiting after 3 month ish.. another got it after 2 months.

Your COPR is enough for things you need to do that requires your PR card.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2022
maziude:

Honestly… you can’t get a rough estimates as the timeline is disorganized. 2 people are still waiting after 3 month ish.. another got it after 2 months.

Hello.my people . Please, upon.landing in Canada, where is the best place , I mean one with best exchange rate to change USD to CAD ? At the airport , bureau de change or at the bank .
I understand one needs like 1k CAD to open a student account.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Charityjunkie(f): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2022
Like traveling in and out of Canada?

maziude:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Hello.my people . Please, upon.landing in Canada, where is the best place , I mean one with best exchange rate to change USD to CAD ? At the airport , bureau de change or at the bank .
bdc or bank, airport rate is a rip off
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sirabbey(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
Charityjunkie:

65 days to 120 days. 3months is the average.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by sirabbey(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2022
Tcrown2020:

Airport will rip you off, except you have pressing need of CAD for taxi, then you can change maybe a maximum of 50USD at the airport. the best bet is your bank. When you go to open an account, ask them for the best rate of the day. they usually have about 3 rates with only 1 shown on their website. At the bank, the staff has the ability to give you the best rate of the day especially at the point of opening an account with the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
ednut1:
bdc or bank, airport rate is a rip off

Thank you for the quick response
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
sirabbey:

Airport will rip you off, except you have pressing need of CAD for taxi, then you can change maybe a maximum of 50USD at the airport. the best bet is your bank. When you go to open an account, ask them for the best rate of the day. they usually have about 3 rates with only 1 shown on their website. At the bank, the staff has the ability to give you the best rate of the day especially at the point of opening an account with the bank.

@sirabbey . I quite appreciate . God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 7:53pm On Jul 28, 2022
sirabbey:

@sirabbey. Thanks so much for this explicit response.
God bless
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by francisxbee: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
kelchy:
Hi Guys, please need your help URGENTLY. I'm a prospective September student of CONESTOGA COLLEGE. I have applied for form A to pay my tuition since June 8 and still no dollar.

Kindly advise on the alternative way I can pay

Does the school have an account detail that someone in Canada can.pay directly into?

Is there any Conestoga alumni that can advise or someone that has a solution.

Thanks.
You can do wire transfer from Nigeria.
Buy black market dollars and deposit into a Nigerian Domiciliary account. Then initiate foreign funds transfer in the bank with same bank details you submitted for Form A.
If I may, which bank did you process form A with?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Charityjunkie(f): 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2022
Thank you
sirabbey:

65 days to 120 days. 3months is the average.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2022
Charityjunkie:
Like traveling in and out of Canada?

Yea… you will need it for that.

If you don’t have the card, you will need to apply for PRTD
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Charityjunkie(f): 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
Thank you so much for your response

maziude:

Yea… you will need it for that.

If you don’t have the card, you will need to apply for PRTD
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 11:49pm On Jul 28, 2022
slydog:

Credit analyst at TD making 65K ? Hmmm…
Anyway, congratulations and good luck.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2022
Papapa1234:
Hello

pls my five year old is a US CITIZEN ..pls what do i need to do to enrol her in school or regularize her stay once we land in Canada.

thank you very much

All you will need to do is to walk in a school for enrolment. Most likely the school board will recommend to enrol him in a school near your home address. But it isn’t always the case.

Will your 5 year old be 6 by the time you land ?
If he will be less than 6, you will have to enroll him in kindergarten which is also free
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aworldcitizen: 12:01am On Jul 29, 2022
Bullrun:

Email me at : iamaworldcitizen@yahoo.com

I know someone looking for house mates
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 5:56am On Jul 29, 2022
Tcrown2020:

You don't need to have any money to open an account. I opened mine with 0 CAD, though I later funded my account with e-transfer for my use, but the actual account opening is at no cost.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2022
TheCongo2:

What exactly are you trying to insinuate? Is 65k too much or too little for the Credit Analyst role at TD? Please could you make your statement/position less ambiguous?

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
TheCongo2:

credit analyst not senior credit analyst. Managers in most Canadian banks earn less than 100k self. If you want more money to to American banks in Canada or central bank cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2022
Emmasonic4me:

What exactly are you trying to insinuate? Is 65k too much or too little for the Credit Analyst role at TD? Please could you make your statement/position less ambiguous?
You don't need to look too far. 65k is about right for a credit analyst at TD. Glassdoor confirms the same. Many managerial roles in commercial Canadian banks are just about 90-100k gross, if you are lucky.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 4:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
ednut1:
credit analyst not senior credit analyst. Managers in most Canadian banks earn less than 100k self. If you want more money to to American banks in Canada or central bank cheesy

Hey @ednut1, it has been a long time. I am glad to see that you are still on here.

In 2009 I took a job as a credit analyst (processing credit cards applications) in one of the major American banks with an extension in Canada.(Citibank).
Citibank have few extensions in Canada known as Citi Financial, Citicards Canada .... I was working for Citicards Canada.
The pay was $15/hour (close to 30K/year) for a credit analyst at that ime. But, given that I was bilingual I was making $17/hours (close to 34K/year).

I am surprised that the annual income of a credit analyst to be 65K in today market (more than the double of what it used to be back in 2009).
Adding to that, I know people working for TD bank in different department with wages ranging from 40K to 50K. That is why I was expecting a credit analyst at TD to be making about the same.

In any case, I am happy for @slydog for getting a 65K credit analyst job at TD. And good luck to him.

@Emmasonic4me

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Agborachi222(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.