Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (591) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2191701 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MrPein: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2022
Dailybox:

No, just the Nigeria driver's license

Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Macy4real200: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2022
Good day my people. Pls is there any downside in collecting food from food bank. I dont want anything that will cause wahala when it's time for my citizenship. I really need your opinion plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teemie22: 9:48am On Aug 08, 2022
I will be landing in Toronto 25th August via Egypt airline. Any Lady available for shared apartment around Markham or environs should please reply or send PM. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bouncedance: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2022
kunbeeee:
Hey guys. I'm looking for accommodation in waterloo from September (next month).

Let’s connect!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sara2022: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2022
WinterDreary:
Hello,
Does anyone know if I get interview waiver for a US visa, if I had my original expired US visa from Nigeria and not originally in Canada? I'm applying at the embassy in Calgary

Yes you can, I got IW and my last visa was from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AZeD1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2022
Macy4real200:
Good day my people. Pls is there any downside in collecting food from food bank. I dont want anything that will cause wahala when it's time for my citizenship. I really need your opinion plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Are you collecting from food bank because it's free and you don't want to spend your money or do you really need it?

There's no downside to collecting food from a food bank but you should only do that because you can't afford food.

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WinterDreary: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2022
Sara2022:

Yes you can, I got IW and my last visa was from Nigeria.
Thank you. How long did it take before you got the visa?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 2:40am On Aug 09, 2022
Macy4real200:

A food bank is a nonprofit organization that collects safe, nutritious and culturally appropriate food, and redistributes it to individuals and families experiencing food insecurity,are you experiencing food insecurity or you lost ur job and cannot avoid food that the main goal of food bank to provide short time help and you too can also give donation to them .

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godtemi: 4:22am On Aug 09, 2022
Canada expert, please I need a career advice.

2500 euro job in Europe or move to Canada?

A friend Just got a 2500 euro job in an European country as a data analyst and also PR. Should he go for Canada or the job?

All perspective is welcome please. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TheCongo2: 4:51am On Aug 09, 2022
Godtemi:

A friend Just got a 2500 euro job in an European country as a data analyst and also PR. Should he go for Canada or the job?

How do you expect anyone to assist you with the unspecified country.
Please provide more details.

Country name:
Visa type:
Is that a permanent job position or temp ?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godtemi: 6:06am On Aug 09, 2022
TheCongo2:

How do you expect anyone to assist you with the unspecified country.
Please provide more details.

Country name: Netherlands
Visa type: Work visa
Is that a permanent job position or temp ?
permanent
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 12:13pm On Aug 09, 2022
Godtemi:

Collect the job, visit Canada to activate PR, and keep looking for work in Canada from there, while stating his current experience. It’s simple.

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jenny255: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jenny255: 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please for those that travelled recently or previously, what option did you pick here on the arrive can portal?

Beans, crayfish, stock fish and dry fish are part of the items that are in the luggages.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2022
Godtemi:

a pr can come to Canada activate his pr and not come back in 3 years out of the 5 next years .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2022
How much did you get Egypt Air for? KLM and the others are around 1.8m for economy.
Teemie22:
I will be landing in Toronto 25th August via Egypt airline. Any Lady available for shared apartment around Markham or environs should please reply or send PM. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ohalzprinx: 3:28pm On Aug 09, 2022
Good day Everyone,
I am student(300l) in one of the universities on strike and I want to transfer to a foreign school in Canada (university of Calgary). I want to know if they accept transfer students and how to go about the whole process.
Thanks
The secondary school result I am using is NECO
Hope it is acceptable
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Toceen2022: 4:23pm On Aug 09, 2022
Dailybox:

No, just the Nigeria driver's license
Please, do you know about British Columbia as well?
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by llionaire(m): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2022
Hi guys,
As a double vaccinated traveller, do I need to do a covid test before flying? I'm using airfrance.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olalekan9320(m): 8:44pm On Aug 09, 2022
Macy4real200:
No downside, fill your income and expenditures, they'll let you know if you will get or not. According to them, your details are deleted after you have gotten it.

You can also volunteer there anytime you are free

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 160485(f): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2022
Teemie22:

Have you booked Airbnb?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teemie22: 10:54pm On Aug 09, 2022
160485:

Have you booked Airbnb?
No, I will be staying with someone for 2weeks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teemie22: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2022
megastu:
How much did you get Egypt Air for? KLM and the others are around 1.8m for economy.
Around 540k on wakanow. Booked on July 4th. If you can stay up around 1-2am you may be lucky to grab good deal.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tempzi: 4:34am On Aug 10, 2022
llionaire:
Hi guys,
As a double vaccinated traveller, do I need to do a covid test before flying? I'm using airfrance.

I used air France too, no need for COVID test if you are fully vaccinated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 5:06am On Aug 10, 2022
llionaire:
Hi guys,

Just do it
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2022
legionISproteus:

Just do it

He's fully vaccinated 'double jab'

Covid test is not required
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2022
llionaire:
Hi guys,

No.

Just make sure you fill your arriveCan 24hrs before your flight
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Macy4real200: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2022
Thank you. Someone told me that I can collect from them should I need it. I was just curious to know if it will be a problem if I eventually collect it.

olalekan9320:
No downside, fill your income and expenditures, they'll let you know if you will get or not. According to them, your details are deleted after you have gotten it.

You can also volunteer there anytime you are free
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 160485(f): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2022
tempzi:

I used air France too, no need for COVID test if you are fully vaccinated

Is there wifi on the plane?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Woah what a great deal. Again it was early July. Tickets are expensive this August.
Teemie22:
Around 540k on wakanow. Booked on July 4th. If you can stay up around 1-2am you may be lucky to grab good deal.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sara2022: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2022
WinterDreary:

Thank you. How long did it take before you got the visa?
I mailed it on Monday and it was sent back I. Wednesday and ready for pickup on Thursday, my husband’s own took about 2 weeks so it depends.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Godtemi: 7:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
Please guys, is it possible the principal applicant to enter a day before the accompanying spouse?

Principal applicant want to enter Canada from Nigeria on Tuesday.

Accompanying spouse coming from Netherlands on Thursday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.