Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2188401 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:05am On Aug 03, 2022
purespikes:
Good day everyone. Any suggestions on how to get some CAD in Nigeria before travelling to Canada?
better off going with usd and converting to cad in Canada. Cad is not A major currency , heard some money changers have it in the airport but it’s usually expensive and you can’t verify if its real.

10 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purespikes: 5:48am On Aug 04, 2022
ednut1:
better off going with usd and converting to cad in Canada. Cad is not A major currency , heard some money changers have it in the airport but it’s usually expensive and you can’t verify if its real.

Thank you for the response
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good day everyone
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slimanyd: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shupy: 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2022

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jocamide: 3:19am On Aug 05, 2022
shupy:
Room for rent in Scarborough. Includes private bathroom and washroom. Rent is 600 (Doesn’t include utilities which is about $50 per month). Available starting next month.
Hi please.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bibitayo2: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2022
Hello everyone,

Please, I have some questions that will need clarification from the elders in the house.

I am about to start my Canadian pr journey and this has been my plan for years, get the necessary work experience to increase my CRS score, and then start the application process. But recently I have been torn between going for MSc in data analytics in the UK and starting my Canadian pr journey.

My question is, for those that have moved to Canada in the last few years,

1) do you think not having an MSc in your chosen career has affected your chances of getting a job or a better-paying job in your field in Canada?

2) In the data science and analytics field, is MSc important.

Thank you as you answer my questions.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Bibitayo2:
Hello everyone,

Please, I have some questions that will need clarification from the elders in the house.

I am about to start my Canadian pr journey and this has been my plan for years, get the necessary work experience to increase my CRS score, and then start the application process. But recently I have been torn between going for MSc in data analytics in the UK and starting my Canadian pr journey.

My question is, for those that have moved to Canada in the last few years,

1) do you think not having an MSc in your chosen career has affected your chances of getting a job or a better-paying job in your field in Canada?

2) In the data science and analytics field, is MSc important.

Thank you as you answer my questions.

1. Having a Master's degree will directly/indirectly affect your chances of getting a job in Canada.. However, having a Master's degree is not all that is required to get a high paying job ( other factors such as years of professional experience, acing interviews, communication skills) are as important as your Master's degree.

2. From my lil experience, I realize that majority of Nigerian's are embarking on unnecessary masters degree. For IT related courses, I would suggest you do more of short online courses on udemy,IBM, Coursera and get professional qualifications to back your knowledge.

Spending £15,000 pounds on a master's degree in data analysis aiint worth it in my opinion except you intend to use the masters as a means to japa from Nigeria.

Most of those earning high salaries in Data analysis field in Canada do not have a master's degree in data analytics.

If at all you are inclined in getting a master's degree, you can get it done at a cheaper price (3k to 5k cad) when u land as a permanent resident.

U can follow @jessica_xls on IG for more info on how to break into the data analytics field in Canada.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SlowlybtSurely: 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
cochtrane:

Not to veer off topic or be "that guy", but this your course is a very good platform for switching into data science/analytics with the potential to double that pay of a credit risk analyst.

This is so true. I know someone who made a similar switch and had a significant bump in pay. He took the Google analytics course offered by Google. Took him a few months and was very affordable.

@Emmasonic4me you can look into taking that course when you're done with sch.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bibitayo2: 6:48pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thank you.

I follow Jessica and she has been a source of inspiration.
seunpinky:

1. Having a Master's degree will directly/indirectly affect your chances of getting a job in Canada.. However, having a Master's degree is not all that is required to get a high paying job ( other factors such as years of professional experience, acing interviews, communication skills) are as important as your Master's degree.

2. From my lil experience, I realize that majority of Nigerian's are embarking on unnecessary masters degree. For IT related courses, I would suggest you do more of short online courses on udemy,IBM, Coursera and get professional qualifications to back your knowledge.

Spending £15,000 pounds on a master's degree in data analysis aiint worth it in my opinion except you intend to use the masters as a means to japa from Nigeria.

Most of those earning high salaries in Data analysis field in Canada do not have a master's degree in data analytics.

If at all you are inclined in getting a master's degree, you can get it done at a cheaper price (3k to 5k cad) when u land as a permanent resident.

U can follow @jessica_xls on IG for more info on how to break into the data analytics field in Canada.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 12:35am On Aug 06, 2022
SlowlybtSurely:

This is so true. I know someone who made a similar switch and had a significant bump in pay. He took the Google analytics course offered by Google. Took him a few months and was very affordable.

@Emmasonic4me you can look into taking that course when you're done with sch.

Alright Sir. I will consider that. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bouncedance: 3:01am On Aug 06, 2022
Anyone know of any available apartment to rent from August 25th around Waterloo/Kitchener. I’m looking for 2bedrooms (preferably en-suite or not) to share with one other person. If anyone knows or is interested in sharing, please let me know so we can rent together (female please). You can quote my post.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MrPein: 8:05am On Aug 06, 2022
Good day everyone
Please is driver's abstract required in Calgary, AB?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jayzara: 6:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hello everyone. Pls has anyone traveled to Nigeria before their PR card came? I need to travel back to Nigeria by September and I don’t think my Pr card will be ready. We came into Canada July 15. Pls can anyone guide me on how to go about the visa processing?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Comfyski(f): 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2022
cheesy
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by purespikes: 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2022
I can't find any suitable airbnb
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jayzara:
Hello everyone. Pls has anyone traveled to Nigeria before their PR card came? I need to travel back to Nigeria by September and I don’t think my Pr card will be ready. We came into Canada July 15. Pls can anyone guide me on how to go about the visa processing?
When you get to Nigeria apply for PRTD

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
Jayzara:
Arrange for someone else to receive your PR, then let them send it to you through another person who's visiting Nigeria. Or alternatively apply for PRTD, though that one na another worry.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:49am On Aug 07, 2022
Ottawa sight seeing after renewal of 9ja passport

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 12:51am On Aug 07, 2022
Montreal downtown

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Addme: 7:45am On Aug 07, 2022
cochtrane:

Arrange for someone else to receive your PR, then let them send it to you through another person who's visiting Nigeria. Or alternatively apply for PRTD, though that one na another worry.
Good morning. I sent you a message Sir
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 160485(f): 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2022
shupy:

Am interested
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shupy: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2022
160485:

Am interested
No longer available.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kunbeeee: 2:00am On Aug 08, 2022
Hey. I'm also looking to rent a place in waterloo.
Bouncedance:
Anyone know of any available apartment to rent from August 25th around Waterloo/Kitchener. I’m looking for 2bedrooms (preferably en-suite or not) to share with one other person. If anyone knows or is interested in sharing, please let me know so we can rent together (female please). You can quote my post.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kunbeeee: 2:18am On Aug 08, 2022
Hey guys. I'm looking for accommodation in waterloo from September (next month). If you know anyone renting or looking for a roomate, please let me know.
Also, I'm Female. Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Haircomb: 3:19am On Aug 08, 2022
Please do I need anything to take anything along apart from my COPR to get health card in Edmonton?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dailybox: 4:11am On Aug 08, 2022
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Dailybox: 4:13am On Aug 08, 2022
MrPein:
Good day everyone
Please is driver's abstract required in Calgary, AB?
No, just the Nigeria driver's license
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by olasubomy: 5:34am On Aug 08, 2022
purespikes:
Please, I need help with renting an apartment in Moncton, New Brunswick starting from 1st September, 2022. Also, any help regarding a temporary stay from 26th August, 2022 will be appreciated. I can't find any suitable airbnb

PS: the accommodation is for a woman and 3 kids

Send me an e-mail and I would share info regarding areas you can search.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WinterDreary: 8:34am On Aug 08, 2022
Hello,
Does anyone know if I get interview waiver for a US visa, if I had my original expired US visa from Nigeria and not originally in Canada? I'm applying at the embassy in Calgary

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Oladim001(m), lanresz(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.