Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2194711 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Leemekzy: 10:25pm On Aug 26, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

I think the lesson you should learn from this is that you should learn to set boundaries as it seems you clearly never set one.

That being said, Canada is not for one person, so you can’t stop them from coming into the country, and by the virtue of their sibling being a permanent resident, they get points from him so you do not have a say in that decision and you cannot continue running if you want to make this work. All you can do is set your foot down about you not accommodating them in your house not even for a day should they ever land in Canada. You should be having this conversations with your husband about calling his family to order and ensuring you are respected as his wife. What does he think about all of this madness? To this day, I still don’t understand why some siblings are always in their married sibling’s business. Please read more about ways to set boundaries in a healthy way. If they successfully land in Canada, which country do you want to run to next? Show them a lirru bit of madness, let them know that you are not one to be messed with cheesy Stop being a push over for them. He doesn’t owe them anything, we seriously need to stop this bs of first sons or first born in general owing anybody anything. First born( Sons and Daughters) una doh ooo because it seems this life wey you come so, na life of responsibility grin

Well said.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nabby2603(f): 10:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
I'm so sorry you had/ have to deal with such toxic people.
My few cents
1) They can chose to move to Canada with or without your hubby 's input ,so don't say a word about them relocating
2) Express your displeasure to your hubby about the abuse you went through in their hands, and let him know you will not hesitate to take actions against them if they don't reset their brains before coming over.
3) Safe / transfer every evidence you have against them to cloud or where your hubby can't have access to it, you might need it some day to build a strong case against them. Abuse especially against children is not taken lightly here in Canada.
4) set the boundaries now ,not when they arrive Canada o, seat your hubby down and tell him you will call / report to the cops if they threaten your life when they arrive
5) Pray and draw strength from God
6) Get back into practice, make your money, get that financial security.
P.s If you need a female doctor from Nigeria to talk to, kindly reach out. I'm in Saskatchewan though.
Have a great weekend.

quote author=DrFareedah post=116090694]Hello everyone, I've been following this thread for the past five years. But i was forced to create an account just now. My husband and I landed in Halifax three months ago. With a set a twin girls. Making us a family of four.

I had a good job in nigeria, was working as a gynae with a big hospital on the island. However, i was forced to work on relocation because of very toxic inlaws. I can't explain it in words. I've got a deep story to tell. Just one of which is, after giving birth to the girls, my mother in law left the annoyance that I am maltreating her 8 days post partum. She said I didn't cook for her and all that. Bare in mind I had a caeserian session to birth the girls, I was recovering and I couldn't do much. She gossiped and said all sorts with her four girls but i was not bothered, I just decided to run far by coming to canada.

My issue now is they all insist on coming to canada to live with their brother. He's the only son and as such i think he owes them so much, I dont understand yoruba tradition deeply. But I'm here asking everyone to help because once they step into this country, our marraige is over. They tried to ruin it in lagos, but i was very patient. his siblings said they hate my children. Hubby's mom said sometimes she just feels like slapping my children and they turn deaf (they are just 3), Pls what do I do next. I'm exhausted. I hate drama. Cant families just let young couple be. Why do they want to be in our business so much? My hubby isn't seeing it as an issue yet, offcourse he hasn't done the leave/cleave thing.
I have some recordings of their threats towarda me. I just dont want anything to happen to my kids. I dont want them here at all. Please people should chip in their one cent. [/quote]

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 12:00am On Aug 27, 2022
signature2012:
The way Canada Japa has been destroying marriages hey…Most people are just scared of the unknown.
It’s well.
Even the ones that make it to the Canada sef, most of the unions do not last.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 12:01am On Aug 27, 2022
Godtemi:
Good morning guys. I am just seeing this online. That a Nigerian need transit visa, flight return to Nigeria from Canada would pass through Munich Germany.

So please has anyone pass through this route before to Canada without transit visa?
Which airline be this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by legionISproteus: 12:02am On Aug 27, 2022
joynoy73:
how long will the international driving licence be allowed in Canada
90 days from when you entered Canada
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 1:12am On Aug 27, 2022
joynoy73:
how long will the international driving licence be allowed in Canada

If you are coming to Ontario as a PR… it is 60days.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluphilip2008(f): 3:01am On Aug 27, 2022
https://www.rentfaster.ca/465661

If anyone family is landing in Edmonton anytime soon, I have the above townhouse available for rent.

Please click the rentfaster link above for more details

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:04am On Aug 27, 2022
Afolavid:

Wow, so fast, congrats on your G license. I'm also in Ontario, I mean I'm expecting the extract from BC, where it is being sent to me. Thank you very much for the detailed info. One last thing, how were you able to get the car you used for the G road test, provided at the test center or you bought one?
you make arrangement for car. No one is providing car for you o.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by youngbilli(m): 3:18am On Aug 27, 2022
Afolavid:

Wow, so fast, congrats on your G license. I'm also in Ontario, I mean I'm expecting the extract from BC, where it is being sent to me. Thank you very much for the detailed info. One last thing, how were you able to get the car you used for the G road test, provided at the test center or you bought one?
Oh ok, a bit surprised you need an extract to convert from BC to On. Anyways you can borrow a friends car or the driving Instructor you will teach you the road test routes. It’s between 120$ - 150$. If you’re in London, On I can recommend one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 5:46am On Aug 27, 2022
youngbilli:
Oh ok, a bit surprised you need an extract to convert from BC to On. Anyways you can borrow a friends car or the driving Instructor you will teach you the road test routes. It’s between 120$ - 150$. If you’re in London, On I can recommend one.

Wow, that's cool, yes I'm in London. I just sent you a PM. Thanks a lot!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tempzi: 6:11am On Aug 27, 2022
Nabby2603:
I'm so sorry you had/ have to deal with such toxic people.
My few cents
1) They can chose to move to Canada with or without your hubby 's input ,so don't say a word about them relocating
2) Express your displeasure to your hubby about the abuse you went through in their hands, and let him know you will not hesitate to take actions against them if they don't reset their brains before coming over.
3) Safe / transfer every evidence you have against them to cloud or where your hubby can't have access to it, you might need it some day to build a strong case against them. Abuse especially against children is not taken lightly here in Canada.
4) set the boundaries now ,not when they arrive Canada o, seat your hubby down and tell him you will call / report to the cops if they threaten your life when they arrive
5) Pray and draw strength from God
6) Get back into practice, make your money, get that financial security.
P.s If you need a female doctor from Nigeria to talk to, kindly reach out. I'm in Saskatchewan though.
Have a great weekend.

quote author=DrFareedah post=116090694]Hello everyone, I've been following this thread for the past five years. But i was forced to create an account just now. My husband and I landed in Halifax three months ago. With a set a twin girls. Making us a family of four.

I had a good job in nigeria, was working as a gynae with a big hospital on the island. However, i was forced to work on relocation because of very toxic inlaws. I can't explain it in words. I've got a deep story to tell. Just one of which is, after giving birth to the girls, my mother in law left the annoyance that I am maltreating her 8 days post partum. She said I didn't cook for her and all that. Bare in mind I had a caeserian session to birth the girls, I was recovering and I couldn't do much. She gossiped and said all sorts with her four girls but i was not bothered, I just decided to run far by coming to canada.

My issue now is they all insist on coming to canada to live with their brother. He's the only son and as such i think he owes them so much, I dont understand yoruba tradition deeply. But I'm here asking everyone to help because once they step into this country, our marraige is over. They tried to ruin it in lagos, but i was very patient. his siblings said they hate my children. Hubby's mom said sometimes she just feels like slapping my children and they turn deaf (they are just 3), Pls what do I do next. I'm exhausted. I hate drama. Cant families just let young couple be. Why do they want to be in our business so much? My hubby isn't seeing it as an issue yet, offcourse he hasn't done the leave/cleave thing.
I have some recordings of their threats towarda me. I just dont want anything to happen to my kids. I dont want them here at all. Please people should chip in their one cent.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Funky123(f): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2022
CountVersailles:

Your naivety shins through like the morning sun. I know the next thing you’ll do now is come for my jugular, but that had to be said. The fact you can’t even realize that all that action may threaten her marriage or that she may have a completely different personality is mind blowing.

For how long will she pamper them or dance to their tune of madness
They need to be put in their place

Dear poster you need the intervention of your husband because you can’t do it alone but it looks like you married a mummy’s boy. Please talk to your husband and let him know if they push you to the wall you will disrespect them and he won’t like it.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:28am On Aug 27, 2022
CountVersailles:

Your naivety shins through like the morning sun. I know the next thing you’ll do now is come for my jugular, but that had to be said. The fact you can’t even realize that all that action may threaten her marriage or that she may have a completely different personality is mind blowing.
Says the individual with all round useless suggestions and observations who goes around bullying people for their choices. Please advise her since you know it all. Perhaps you are one of those who butts head with their brother’s wife. Oh that’s true, I remembered you once made a post about your own brother’s wife. Just so you know, not all women are like your SIL, judging from the character you exhibit here, it’s not far fetched to know why you aren’t her favourite. If you can’t read how toxic the SILs and MIL are from the post to the point of OP running to a different continent, then you can do me the honors of just ignoring my post like I do with majority of the nonsense you spill on here. As far as we are concerned, she is the one who brought the post here and she is asking for advise based on what she has posted, you do not expect me to start doubting an already mentally stressed woman by telling her she is the problem. But how do I expect a toxic bully like you to understand? My bad! You are really insufferable and your friends must be going through a lot by just knowing you. You and the minions who applaud your unreasonable utterances all the time can have a nice day!

20 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 11:34am On Aug 27, 2022
Funky123:

For how long will she pamper them or dance to their tune of madness
They need to be put in their place

Dear poster you need the intervention of your husband because you can’t do it alone but it looks like you married a mummy’s boy. Please talk to your husband and let him know if they push you to the wall you will disrespect them and he won’t like it.
Just leave the madam know it all who thinks she has the best advise for everything. Her way or nothing.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yemlizzy(f): 11:53am On Aug 27, 2022
DrFareedah:
Hello everyone, I've been following this thread for the past five years. But i was forced to create an account just now. My husband and I landed in Halifax three months ago. With a set a twin girls. Making us a family of four.

I have some recordings of their threats towarda me. I just dont want anything to happen to my kids. I dont want them here at all. Please people should chip in their one cent.
This is so sad, kindly stay strong and talk to your husband. What you have experienced is so much for one person alone. God be with you and the twins always. How about your own family too? One of them should also be with you too, cos there is nothing like one’s family in times like this.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by rawe45: 12:34pm On Aug 27, 2022
For people living in Milton, where's the place to shop for furnitures?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nabby2603(f): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Please send me an email.
drgails@yahoo.com

Pls are you already practicing now? I would need your assistance on few steps. Am kinda here for a month now. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Says the individual with all round useless suggestions and observations who goes around bullying people for their choices. Please advise her since you know it all. Perhaps you are one of those who butts head with their brother’s wife. Oh that’s true, I remembered you once made a post about your own brother’s wife. Just so you know, not all women are like your SIL, judging from the character you exhibit here, it’s not far fetched to know why you aren’t her favourite. If you can’t read how toxic the SILs and MIL are from the post to the point of OP running to a different continent, then you can do me the honors of just ignoring my post like I do with majority of the nonsense you spill on here. As far as we are concerned, she is the one who brought the post here and she is asking for advise based on what she has posted, you do not expect me to start doubting an already mentally stressed woman by telling her she is the problem. But how do I expect a toxic bully like you to understand? My bad! You are really insufferable and your friends must be going through a lot by just knowing you. You and the minions who applaud your unreasonable utterances all the time can have a nice day!
Doesn’t change any of the words I said.
Meanwhile, you don’t qualify for an argument with me. Enjoy your day!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tempzi: 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2022
Nabby2603:
Please send me an email.
drgails@yahoo.com

Pls are you already practicing now? I would need your assistance on few steps. Am kinda here for a month now. Thanks

Good pm, I just sent u an email.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
CountVersailles:

Doesn’t change any of the words I said.
Meanwhile, you don’t qualify for an argument with me. Enjoy your day!
Neither do you miss know it all. So buzz off and never mention me if you have no reasonable thing (which of course you aren’t capable of) to say!

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ProblemChild1: 10:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
grin better to go on dating apps ( hinge and bumble) . If you are a new comer till you get a good paying job most Nigerian babes wont even talk to you hahahaha
Who wan even get time with Nigerian girls there. Whitie girls straight. Who Nigerian girls epp!

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2022
ProblemChild1:
Who wan even get time with Nigerian girls there. Whitie girls straight. Who Nigerian girls epp!
majority of Nigerian men in Canada are not going for white women. Unless you dey here you can’t understand. Stop this white women fantasy, you likely can’t handle them lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ProblemChild1: 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2022
ednut1:
majority of Nigerian men in Canada are not going for white women. Unless you dey here you can’t understand. Stop this white women fantasy, you likely can’t handle them lol
Maybe canadian women are not good in Nacking
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2022
CountVersailles:

So, if I mention you? You'll pick up your fat as.s and come beat me up? That's even if you can pick yourself up and not have your skin slab drop all over you. Again, you lack enough critical thinking skills for me to engage you in an argument. There's no point. So, I won't. You can keep yapping like the cuckoo that you are though. It will be nice to see you drool all over this thread cheesy
Lmao at fat ass, cheesy Cry me a River, can’t just stop laughing. Run along now psycho. Just so you know you do not have any critical thinking skills, no single one in that tiny skull of yours bully! I made the mistake of going so low with someone like you but shit happens you know, go take a minute and think about your life. It must really sucks for you to come online all day and pick on people. Guess what, I am not one to be bullied Miss Canada. Go to the express entry thread and go fight with people with stricter advise than I gave if it’s sure for you to not be roasted. The few moments you make reasonable post, I always wonder what a miracle. But you don’t take much time to show how much of a psycho you are. Get a life loser! Always fighting and looking for trouble, do you not get tired? Go see a therapist, you clearly need one to untangle the years of misery and bitterness that you have tied to your chest. Respond again with your vitriol and watch your silly self get ignored. Only gave you a few moments of recognition, not that you are that worth it. Just for a little bit education and information, All women are beautiful irrespective of their size, so trying to fat shame people you haven’t met isn’t what will get to them, it only makes you look like a schmuck that you are. Congratulations for showing the world how much of a horrible individual you are.

14 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Aimajoyce: 5:12am On Aug 28, 2022
Admin @justwise, it may be time to open part 3 of this thread; we have now gone past 600 pages and maybe we can get back to the purpose of this thread on a clean slate.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 5:35am On Aug 28, 2022
Aimajoyce:
Admin @justwise, it may be time to open part 3 of this thread; we have now gone past 600 pages and maybe we can get back to the purpose of this thread on a clean slate.

Justwise
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Amandacanny: 9:21am On Aug 28, 2022
Good day my people. House hunting has shown me pepper. I got an offer in Hamilton. Kai, one of those tall buildings (call me a Bush girl but I'm scared of it) . How is Hamilton. Are there jobs there? It's a one year lease so I'm worried about taking what might not work for me eventually. I need advise. I actually like Mississauga but can't meet their conditions for now
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nadingo: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2022
Aimajoyce:
Supported
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2022
ProblemChild1:
Baba easy o. People underestimate the cultural differences between most people born and raised here and people migrating as adults. It is not a joke and it is not an easy feat to come to the point where you are in sync with a person enough to marry them. Most interracial marriages that look proper to me usually involve people both born and raised here with difference just being skin colour.

So you'll find most Nigerian men naturally default to people that they're familiar with (Nigerians) or share some affinity with (other Africans)

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Rapture07

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.