Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,829 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (603) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189421 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by folla: 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Many thanks @ canadaishome

canadaishome:

No
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dejijoseph(m): 8:54pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please who has information on using Ethiopia airline to Canada? I want to book flight against next month.
Thanks sir/ma
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bature45: 10:29pm On Aug 30, 2022
Godtemi:

bro good day/night please is that Egypt air okay to heatrow and also no transit visa or what did they ask...all am seeing is too cost pplease kindly reply abeg joshuatsidekenu@gmail.com
For now the price is what I am putting into consideration.

Secondly, am I paying in USD or Naira?

Please, kindly help me with this information

Please can you share with me why you prefer Egypt airline?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Emmasonic4me: 10:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
dejijoseph:
Please who has information on using Ethiopia airline to Canada? I want to book flight against next month.
Thanks sir/ma

You need to be specific on what information you seek so that people that have used them can respond.

Meanwhile, you can send a mail to them too to make your enquiries or call their customer care line directly which is faster.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Shammak(m): 11:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
Hello beautiful people,

I am looking for a condo or a room apartment very close to the University of Manitoba. I’d appreciate any leads to getting one. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nadingo: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2022
Hello. I was meant to understand that for a 1yr PGD/PGC, applying to go with my family of 5 is a red flag due to the duration of the course. I was also meant to understand that I can only qualify for 1year PGWP after a one year PGD/PGC program. This means that it would still be a red flag to apply for my family to join me in Canada at that time due to the duration of my PGWP (1yr). My questions are:

1. Does that mean I can only relocate my family to Canada when I get PR (after may be 3yrs) if I choose to go the route of a PGD/PGC?

2. How does someone with a second class lower degree take his family along to Canada using the study route?

3. Can my 10yr work experience alongside my 2:2 get me a direct Masters Degree admission in Canada?

4. Can a Canadian PGD/PGC be used to secure a Masters Degree admission into a Canadian University?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by khaleesi(f): 11:25am On Aug 31, 2022
alt3r3g0:

Just to add to what @Salford1 has said, unlike in Naija where a versatile cv makes you stand out, if the IT support was not related to logistics, here you will be seen as a risk as you can swap industries in an instant.

You may need to create different cvs. One solely logistics, the other soley for IT support.

I will also advise people searching to get the resume of someone already in their target profession. It will not only help you tailor yours, you can see some skills that you have and you overlooked, and skills you may need to learn.

In my case, I started in IT, then oil and gas and project management. After arriving, i decided IT was the best path to take for me. So i got someone's cv, brushed up on my IT skills (had not written any code in 8 years) did a certification, created a new linkedin profile, restricted it solely to IT and limited it to three years. I was contacted by a recruiter on linkedin the same week and eventually got the job (after 5 stages).
I know this was posted years ago but please what IT certification did you do? and what certification will you advise for someone who is about to venture into IT to be able to get good job opportunities in canada? Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
khaleesi:

I know this was posted years ago but please what IT certification did you do? and what certification will you advise for someone who is about to venture into IT to be able to get good job opportunities in canada? Thank you
Based it off your existing skills? What kind of IT do you do already? UI/UX, programming, business systems?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dejijoseph(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2022
Please I need help ooo.

Dollar is presently scarce in Nigeria bank n sold at high cost in black market.

Euro is a bit easier to get through CBN. Please can I change my naira to Euro n travel with it to Canada? Will I be able to convert in to CAD in Canada when I land?

Urgent pls?
Anyone with correct info.... Tnx
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alt3r3g0: 2:47pm On Aug 31, 2022
khaleesi:

This depends on what you are currently doing and what you have a passion for.

A lot of folks transition to Business analyst, Srum/Agile coach, Salesforce or Quality Assurance.

Some require more people skills than others to be successful in the role.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 3:27pm On Aug 31, 2022
Nadingo:
Hello. I was meant to understand that for a 1yr PGD/PGC, applying to go with my family of 5 is a red flag due to the duration of the course. I was also meant to understand that I can only qualify for 1year PGWP after a one year PGD/PGC program. This means that it would still be a red flag to apply for my family to join me in Canada at that time due to the duration of my PGWP (1yr). My questions are:

1. Does that mean I can only relocate my family to Canada when I get PR (after may be 3yrs) if I choose to go the route of a PGD/PGC?

2. How does someone with a second class lower degree take his family along to Canada using the study route?

3. Can my 10yr work experience alongside my 2:2 get me a direct Masters Degree admission in Canada?

4. Can a Canadian PGD/PGC be used to secure a Masters Degree admission into a Canadian University?

1. No and nobody knows unless you apply. Every case is treated differently.
2. By applying to a school and applying for visa.
3,4,5- check with schools. Only them can give you the right answer.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sommie2012: 3:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hi, I am in a similar case as this... changing career to Data Analysis and new in Canada. Please what program/training or help have you done to start your career?

I sent you a message to your email, kindly reach out pls... sommielove@gmail.com
Thanks

Dele670:
Please am in canada and planning to switch to tech as data analyst ,please can anybody recommend any organisation or individual that can guide me along this path ,am not just looking for a free service becos l dont mind even if it a paid service ,l just need geniue help from an experienced fellow in the field.thank u
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cochtrane(m): 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2022
Sommie2012:
Hi, I am in a similar case as this... changing career to Data Analysis and new in Canada. Please what program/training or help have you done to start your career?

I sent you a message to your email, kindly reach out pls... sommielove@gmail.com
Thanks

I can probably help you. I have a couple of students I tutor in fundamentals of data analysis/science. There are a lot of free resources and communities you can find on the internet, but if you want dedicated service, you will likely be paying.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by khaleesi(f): 10:34am On Sep 01, 2022
alt3r3g0:

This depends on what you are currently doing and what you have a passion for.

A lot of folks transition to Business analyst, Srum/Agile coach, Salesforce or Quality Assurance.

Some require more people skills than others to be successful in the role.

The person I am asking for is currently a safety professional but is considering taking up training in IT. Safety seems to require certification in canada before one can get a good job, so he is considering paths that are not regulated.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExpressEntry: 1:44am On Sep 02, 2022
Ok, thank you!
youngbilli:
london

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExpressEntry: 1:46am On Sep 02, 2022
I know, my question was about the drive test instructor.
blank:

It's same for every city in Ontario. You can go straight from G1 to G.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Teemie22: 1:55am On Sep 02, 2022
Any Lady available for shared apartment or room around toronto, Markham or environs should please reply or send PM. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chenkes: 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
State laws differ. I stay in Lagos as well. Lagos is very strict with a lot of “skoin-skoin”. Had to go to another south-west state
SlowlybtSurely:

Thank you for this! I'm glad this is doable. A judge in Lagos refused to grant my friend full custody and quoted that the child's parents were still alive, so I just thought that was the law.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shege45: 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Shammak:
Hello beautiful people,

I am looking for a condo or a room apartment very close to the University of Manitoba. I’d appreciate any leads to getting one. Thank you
facebook market place

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sara2022: 1:55am On Sep 03, 2022
Hello house, do I need a police certificate for citizenship application.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:07am On Sep 03, 2022
Hi guys and gals (if there are any) . It's been borrrrring over here mheeen.... Any cool places to hang out? Naija bars, clubs, pubs, strips and hook up spots, churches (9ja), etc.... Just any gathering watsoever, involving nigerians and or africans as a whole
I'm in toronto...
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by maziude: 2:13am On Sep 03, 2022
JosephYemsol:
Hi guys and gals (if there are any) . It's been borrrrring over here mheeen.... Any cool places to hang out? Naija bars, clubs, pubs, strips and hook up spots, churches (9ja), etc.... Just any gathering watsoever, involving nigerians and or africans as a whole
I'm in toronto...

You no get access to Google ni?

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:27am On Sep 03, 2022
maziude:

You no get access to Google ni?
Google sef no too sabi jare
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CountVersailles(f): 2:45am On Sep 03, 2022
JosephYemsol:
I'm in toronto...
Na wa o. I have the greatest pity for guys like you who move to a different country like this and want to start gallivanting like they were doing back in Nigeria. Enjoy your time! I can only wish you the best and hope that you start to configure your expectations to your new reality. While doing your waka about, it is also imperative to note that some of the consequences you get away with easily in Nigeria are not so easy to get away with here. You will understand in time.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JosephYemsol(m): 3:50am On Sep 03, 2022
Looolllz...

Wondaful!

Well, since you have chosen to pick a specific part in my message, I won't blame you that much. I mentioned all the most likely places we can find africans, but you are not wise enough to understand the message but rather chose to act only on the context that matches your thinking level.

Thanks for the advice sha.

CountVersailles:

Na wa o. I have the greatest pity for guys like you who move to a different country like this and want to start gallivanting like they were doing back in Nigeria. Enjoy your time! I can only wish you the best and hope that you start to configure your expectations to your new reality. While doing your waka about, it is also imperative to note that some of the consequences you get away with easily in Nigeria are not so easy to get away with here. You will understand in time.

15 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:57am On Sep 03, 2022
CNE Toronto

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:03am On Sep 03, 2022
This is awesome. Me too. Moving from construction to data analysis, then data science as a semi-stop.

Im on the self-taught train but i have quite a number of networks helping me.

There is a road path that i researched for myself, as well as people who might want to learn on their own.

1. Programming for data science with python - udacity

2. Python 3 - codecademy

3.IBM Data analyst professional certificate -coursera

4. Data visualization with tableau- coursera

5. Data science - databricks (basic basic )

Please note that all of these courses are premium (paid)

So far, i v certs in just the first 2 and i v a handful knowledge of python (pandas , numpy), sql, tableau, github, and excel for analysis, well enough to get my first job (entry level).

With the Will and determination, one will go places...

Sommie2012:

Thanks

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:07am On Sep 03, 2022
JosephYemsol:
I'm in toronto...
boring in the summer Wetin u go talk for winter lmao. Google things to do in Toronto this weekend. Lots of things going on
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:10am On Sep 03, 2022
CNE

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JosephYemsol(m): 4:18am On Sep 03, 2022
ednut1:
boring in the summer Wetin u go talk for winter lmao. Google things to do in Toronto this weekend. Lots of things going on

Thanks a lot for understanding ... Somehow I wish I could get a "winter get away" kinda holiday... grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seunpinky(m): 4:59am On Sep 03, 2022
Pictures from the BMO stadium, watched Toronto FC Vs L.A Galaxy and the CNE

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mobiyinogal: 7:34am On Sep 03, 2022
Good morning people, please accommodation on Fredericton New Brunswick is urgently needed arriving 12th of September. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) (606) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.