Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (695) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190025 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by GraciousWords: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2023
ExcellencyFSA:
Good day elders of this land.

I entered Canada about 4 weeks ago, with my wife and kids with PR. My wife's PR card has been delivered, but I got a mail to send another 2 photos for mine to be issued, which I did already.

There is no information about my kids as regards PR card.
I WANT TO ASK IF THEY WOULD BE GIVEN A PR CARD TOO OR NOT?

Thanks.

Each person will get their own PR card including the kids. Sometimes it could take months. In the meantime their COPRs will suffice for school admissions etc.

Link all the PR cards (yours and kids) on your own GC key following the instructions in this link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ExcellencyFSA: 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2023
Thanks.
GraciousWords:

Each person will get their own PR card including the kids. Sometimes it could take months. In the meantime their COPRs will suffice for school admissions etc.

Link all the PR cards (yours and kids) on your own GC key following the instructions in this link

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/linking-pr-card-application-to-track-pr-card-after-landing-flagpole-landing-interview-is-complete.617040/
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2023
Canada/USA border- Peace Bridge
Canada/USA border - Rainbow Bridge

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TPProjectMngr(m): 5:43am On Dec 22, 2023
You might want to check the salaries vs effort. Pharmacy Assistant don’t earn that much in Canada, maybe this is why you are considering tech. There’s a reason why many people are transitioning into tech, and I would encourage you not to give up if you really want to explore it. It is not uncommon to see Pharmacist transition into tech mainly because of flexibility. Good luck.

Tonto30:
Happy Sunday Elders,
I recently got ITA in October and I submitted my application earlier this month.
While waiting for approval, I just want to seek advice on landing a job in Canada and settling.
I am single and I am female BTW.

I work as a pharmacy assistant here in Nigeria, I have customer service experience too. I was thinking maybe I should go learn something in tech like data analysis, or is there any advice I can get, what I can learn that can probably make it easy for me to land a good job when I move next year?

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jimikata(m): 12:13pm On Dec 22, 2023
jimikata:
Hello guys..
Please, I have a few questions bothering me. First, would it be required to have visa when transiting Frankfurt on the way to Nigeria and London on returning to Canada ?
And, can I travel to Nigeria and back to Canada with about two months remaining on both study permit and visa? Hope there won't be any issues with immigration?
Kindly advice please.

Seniors and elders, please I need your advice and input before booking the flight.
🙏 Thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JapaPrince: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2023
Onethe:
Hi everyone, please do anyone know if I can apply for renewal of passport even though the current one still has 2 years validity?
I want to apply to get more validity years cos of my pgwp application I will be putting in soon.

Thank you in advance for your responses
Yes you can apply, I did the same and I got my new passport now old one was still valid till aug 2026
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TPProjectMngr(m): 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2023
And why did you tag me here? How does the video relate with what I posted?
latolak87:
This video is for you. You dont have to start from the bottom in Canada:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5RJevAdB74&t=17s

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Witty101: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2023
Pls if you are in Victoria and need someone to share accommodation with chat me up, I'm in need of a flat mate. 08147549853
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Witty101: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2023
Pls anyone in Victoria bc in need of a roomie or flat mate to share apartment with should whatsapp or call 08147549853.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 3:33am On Dec 23, 2023
The instructors are even more than the jobs available.

Everyone wants to make money irrespective of outcome for the recipient.
ednut1:
every Tom dick and harry has also gone to learn tech - dev ops, business analysis, cybersecurity. Many of them are unable to get jobs, economy is not smiling and then many employers have discovered they are incompetent. Focus on your pharmacy career biko grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:53am On Dec 23, 2023
megastu:
The instructors are even more than the jobs available.

Everyone wants to make money irrespective of outcome for the recipient.
one guy I know did one of those courses and couldn’t get a job. Today he is running his own bootcamp charging 3k. I was like nawa o.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by kad199: 7:21am On Dec 23, 2023
Voltron007:
For your housing/accommodation/rental needs in and around Toronto, Ontario . I am just a phone call away.

Minimum rent available starts from $550 for an open space and $975 for a single room.

Let me know what you need with your budget & I’ll respond as soon as possible. ✌️
would be in Canada soon. What do u mean by open space?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 10:10am On Dec 23, 2023
ednut1:
Canada/USA border- Peace Bridge
Canada/USA border - Rainbow Bridge
Did you enter with a transit visa?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bouncedance: 11:37am On Dec 23, 2023
Anyone that needs a free temporary accommodation before they settle in can reach out to me. Location is London ON & 10 mins walking distance to Western Uni. Females only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 12:04pm On Dec 23, 2023
jakeroberto:

Did you enter with a transit visa?

He is a canadian passport holder and no visa needed to usa))
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2023
ednut1:
one guy I know did one of those courses and couldn’t get a job. Today he is running his own bootcamp charging 3k. I was like nawa o.

Many advert you see online...learn tech 3 months( business analyst,cyber security etc) and earn 6 figure salary and it mostly new comers that fall victim...another modern day ripe off!!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ahaisibwe(f): 3:39am On Dec 24, 2023
Hello everyone pls anyone in Ottawa Ontario in of African snacks and stews pls hit me up on WhatsApp 343 572-4667

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ezzylee(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2023
House34:

Many advert you see online...learn tech 3 months( business analyst,cyber security etc) and earn 6 figure salary and it mostly new comers that fall victim...another modern day ripe off!!

lol… even here in Nigeria, lots of these bootcamps out there promise students that they’d get jobs (remote and local) right after they’re done with the program.
You’d now see lots of them being frustrated coz they’ve not gotten any jobs related to what they studied during the boot camp.
There are solid bootcamps out there, but you as a person have to put in the work too. Don’t depend solely on what they teach you in these bootcamps, you also have to go further by studying extra.

Anyhoo, all the best to them.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jjohndoe83: 2:40am On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=126977601][/quote]
Your comments/reactions are just making me laugh here
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 1:39pm On Dec 25, 2023
ezzylee:

lol… even here in Nigeria, lots of these bootcamps out there promise students that they’d get jobs (remote and local) right after they’re done with the program.
You’d now see lots of them being frustrated coz they’ve not gotten any jobs related to what they studied during the boot camp.
There are solid bootcamps out there, but you as a person have to put in the work too. Don’t depend solely on what they teach you in these bootcamps, you also have to go further by studying extra.

Anyhoo, all the best to them.

In Canada, many private career colleges are solely focused on extracting money from students by making false promises of jobs in the tech field and encouraging the use of OSAP loans. However, the teaching quality and knowledge imparted to students are often lacking, leading to graduates struggling to secure the promised tech jobs and in debt too

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2023
jjohndoe83:

Your comments/reactions are just making me laugh here
😆 i hail o

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2023
Hi everybody, recently moved to Canada and I have been trying to get a job, but none is forthcoming. Maybe, I might be doing something wrong I don't know, I need your help.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
jakeroberto:
Hi everybody, recently moved to Canada and I have been trying to get a job, but none is forthcoming. Maybe, I might be doing something wrong I don't know, I need your help.
The economy is not doing well at the moment. There are many immigrants also chasing fewer jobs. Keep applying and pray for luck.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
ednut1:
The economy is not doing well at the moment. There are many immigrants also chasing fewer jobs. Keep applying and pray for luck.
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2023
jakeroberto:

Depends on your career line, is it in demand in your location, in the country? How about some career switch? Hope you are not also adverse from restarting your career, maybe almost from the bottom, except you are IT. Location is important too, in Ontario you will be competing against a looooooooooooot of people, well its the same everywhere.
How about your resume? Is it standard enough? How are u applying?

Drop more info on your background. Yes the economy is slowing down, but people still get good jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Awafolashade(f): 4:42pm On Dec 29, 2023
I know this is not a place to post this, but if there's any one who can help me get a job, whether there's vacancies at your place of work before moving to Canada or you can help me with any available job, please I will really appreciate. GOD BLESS YOU
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Russo35(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2023
Currently looking for a Roommate(Mississauga, Ontario)
($1300 first and last month deposit)
($650 in the subsequent months)
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2023
slydog:

Depends on your career line, is it in demand in your location, in the country? How about some career switch? Hope you are not also adverse from restarting your career, maybe almost from the bottom, except you are IT. Location is important too, in Ontario you will be competing against a looooooooooooot of people, well its the same everywhere.
How about your resume? Is it standard enough? How are u applying?

Drop more info on your background. Yes the economy is slowing down, but people still get good jobs.
For my career, I have worked in a warehouse/factory (Energy company) as an assistant Manager, before then I worked other jobs and I also have like 3years experience on caregiving in Nigeria. I don't have any handy skills (like carpentery, plumbing etc). I am ready to start from entry position, which I have been applying for. Also I studied Geology in my first degree and MBA later on.
I am in canada as a student(Study permit).
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
jakeroberto:

For my career, I have worked in a warehouse/factory (Energy company) as an assistant Manager, before then I worked other jobs and I also have like 3years experience on caregiving in Nigeria. I don't have any handy skills (like carpentery, plumbing etc). I am ready to start from entry position, which I have been applying for. Also I studied Geology in my first degree and MBA later on.
I am in canada as a student(Study permit).

Now you are talking, you are a student, so don't expect professional jobs. Look around for jobs fellow students do and do it. Caregiving, uber, uber eats, here in Edmonton I work part time as a shelter worker, three of the ladies here are Nigerian students, making cool 2500/mnth working Night shift.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jakeroberto(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2023
slydog:

Now you are talking, you are a student, so don't expect professional jobs. Look around for jobs fellow students do and do it. Caregiving, uber, uber eats, here in Edmonton I work part time as a shelter worker, three of the ladies here are Nigerian students, making cool 2500/mnth working Night shift.
Yeah, I am also in Edmonton. Even started processing My driver's licence in which I got my class 7, some days back and preparing to go to the registry office to see if I could do the road test to get a Class 5. If you have any caregiving job or any other please.....I would be grateful 🙏.

(1) (2) (3) ... (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) (698) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.