Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (699) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2190476 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dray1212: 6:04pm On Jan 17
[quote author=airprince post=126579208][/quote] I. Starting Algonquin college may 2024. Would be in Ottawa by April. Kindly DM me your WhatsApp contact let's talk.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 6:30pm On Jan 17
Taal17:

Japan nko?

Hong Kong has the highest concentration of skyscrapers globally.

But in terms of construction superiority, the Japanese surpass all because of the frequency of earthquakes. In the first question by smart, Japan is highly populated (over 100million people). So buildings, especially skyscrapers, are built to withstand earthquakes. Nothing concerns Hong Kong or Dubai with earthquakes.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Oniqer: 10:25pm On Jan 17
jakeroberto
Try contacting some recruitment agencies like Randstad or Robert Half, that might help

post=127946777:

Please, guys, I am on my knees...I don't know what is happening ooooh. Ever since I came to Canada 3 months now, no job.
I have certificate in CPR/HEART&STROKE. I am about to even write security government exams and I have a police clearance and vulnerability certificate.
I have experience in Personal Support worker/Care giving.
I have experience in Housekeeping also.
I did some warehouse jobs in Nigeria too.
I worked in a supermarket too.
I have a Bsc in Geology/Geophysics in Nigeria.
MBA which I didn't finish before coming to Canada.
I am also a student presently at NAIT

I need work ooooh, bills are coming and no job yet.
Edmonton is my location abeg, any update on legit job, please I would appreciate 🙏

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by slydog(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17
smartkester:
A sincere and harmless question. How were these gigantic structures built with very small human capital in Canada. The development in Canada supersedes its population
I live in Edmonton too, another question I keep asking myself is how did they build all their roads given that more than 50% percent of the time the weather is cold/winter..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 1:51am On Jan 18
slydog:

I live in Edmonton too, another question I keep asking myself is how did they build all their roads given that more than 50% percent of the time the weather is cold/winter..
There's always massive construction going on in the summer. That's how

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afrikanunikorn(f): 2:15pm On Jan 18
Good morning everyone
I’m looking for a good loctitian and hairdresser in Mississauga/ Etobicoke or anywhere really (good at locs 🙏🏾) or natural hair dresser
Please hmu if you’re one or know any
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by muymacho: 4:23pm On Jan 18
Elders! How are you shoving snow from walkways? I am looking at some houses in the vicinity and the driveways have no snow. I don't believe they used shovel for that.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 7:27pm On Jan 18
Options: a very good shovel (wide, high, with wheels), electric snowblower, or heated driveway (lol). I'll wait for more experienced Canadians to chime in. However, I know that clearing the snow ASAP and salting your driveway before snowfall helps.

muymacho:
Elders! How are you shoving snow from walkways? I am looking at some houses in the vicinity and the driveways have no snow. I don't believe they used shovel for that.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by njambert: 7:34am On Jan 19
Heated driveways

muymacho:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yehwind02(f): 6:35pm On Jan 19
Good day my people, is it advisable for a man to leave his family in Nigeria to Canada on a study route? Can he survive on a part-time job( himself+ wife and two kids in Nigeria) what are the chances of meeting up with expenses here and there?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 7:13pm On Jan 19
muymacho:

1. Use a snowblower
2. Add salt afterwards.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:19pm On Jan 19
Yehwind02:
Good day my people, is it advisable for a man to leave his family in Nigeria to Canada on a study route? Can he survive on a part-time job( himself+ wife and two kids in Nigeria) what are the chances of meeting up with expenses here and there?
pre 2022 it was very doable . These days its suicide mission, if you read two pages back on this thread you will see students that have been unable to get jobs, on instagram if you visit Nigeria/canada pages same complaints. If you don’t have money for fees and living expenses avoid student visa

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yehwind02(f): 9:02pm On Jan 19
Hmmm, thanks for your contribution sir/ma.
How then can someone manage seeking refugee with a visit visa, he is an electrical engineer with more than 12 years experience in the field.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:05pm On Jan 19
Yehwind02:
How then can someone manage seeking refugee with a visit visa, he is an electrical engineer with more than 12 years experience in the field.

Refugee 🙄 Ok ooo

You Sha wan follow the suicide mission hmmm 😏

Anyways,,,What God cannot do does not exist
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 11:08pm On Jan 19
muymacho:

Heated driveways use electric systems or hydronic heating to melt snow and ice. These systems are installed beneath the driveway surface, providing a convenient way to keep driveways clear without manual snow removal.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by House34: 11:22pm On Jan 19
ednut1:
pre 2022 it was very doable . These days its suicide mission, if you read two pages back on this thread you will see students that have been unable to get jobs, on instagram if you visit Nigeria/canada pages same complaints. If you don’t have money for fees and living expenses avoid student visa

I've been aware of many students facing unemployment since last year. The current job situation in Canada is challenging, even for Permanent Residents (PR holders) and citizens. Given the high cost of living, it's nearly impossible for students to envision covering their expenses without external support.even to get simple cleaning job still not easy.i pray God help everybody especially student coming with family and children.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Maydaygirl: 12:14am On Jan 20
Yehwind02:

You/him can use the EE route.

Just so you know, if he seeks asylum, he won't be able to go back to Nigeria, not before or after approval. But if his claim is rejected, he will be deported.

Did you watch the video of Abike Dabiri visiting asylum seekers in Ontario a few months back? If not, take a look. It shows what he might go through if he seeks asylum.

Please, come the right way.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Zino89: 12:48pm On Jan 20
Please how much is cs delivery as an international student
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Omoluv5: 10:14pm On Jan 20
Good day everyone!

Please, is there anyone who has gotten a job offer from Nova Scotia Health here before, or you know about how long their recruitment process takes?

I applied for a health support aide role since December which is in progress, just curious as to how long I will have to wait for...

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by BFWestAfrican: 3:12pm On Jan 22
Hi, I'm in a locks WhatsApp group where tips are shared. Chat up the admin to be added 2895oo1275. But you'll need to introduce yourself as soon as you become a member.
Afrikanunikorn:
Good morning everyone
I’m looking for a good loctitian and hairdresser in Mississauga/ Etobicoke or anywhere really (good at locs 🙏🏾) or natural hair dresser
Please hmu if you’re one or know any
Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 22
🥶

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 4:51pm On Jan 22
Canada has put caps, made changes to international students.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/miller-cap-international-students-1.7090779
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Sputnik12345(m): 9:53am On Jan 24
koreanlord:
Boss, where are you seeking the loan from?
Alice Fayemi Olaiya Foundation Award...a scholarship
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by thesailorman: 9:29pm On Jan 25
Morning all pls recommend a good bank with incentives for new comers. TD gives $1,500 CC. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by miolad20(m): 3:18pm On Jan 26
I suggest you visit their websites to see what big banks offer. Compare and decide on one. Make sure to take note of the fine print at the bottom, as these newcomer offers often come with conditions.
thesailorman:
Morning all pls recommend a good bank with incentives for new comers. TD gives $1,500 CC. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gideon19: 11:16am On Jan 27
thesailorman:

hi.

is this only meant for those on PR?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Doraehi(f): 1:57pm On Jan 27
Hello everybody. Recently I've been so confused especially because of my academics.

Last year, after completing WAEC and NECO, my mom and I were talking about schooling abroad and we decided that I should make some research with my phone. This research started November 2023. After making my research for about 2 months, to understand the educational system in some countries like US, UK, Canada, the Caribbean and Australia, I finally came to a conclusion in January that I wanted to school in Canada so I did further research on Canadian Universities and finally decided and picked University of Manitoba. And then did further research on how to get a Canadian Study permit. (After going through alot of things I saw on the IRCC website, I finally understood, at least to an extent).

So I discussed with my parents about everything and what the whole process entails: from gaining admission into a DLI and applying for the Study permit, I told them the tuition was about $23,000 estimate and that I needed at least $20,630 as proof of funds. And after hearing that, they said it was ALOT of money. My dad told me to calculate everything I needed to get there and get back to him. After doing the whole calculation with my mom, I concluded that 60M Naira would be enough for the tuition and other fees, POF, accomodation, flight and others. Meanwhile, I had already submitted my application (did it myself), it was just my application fee left. We didn't want to pay the $120 application fee yet until we were sure that we would do the whole process.

I discussed with my parents and they said it was alot but they could try to get it. I honestly believe that studying abroad is not a do or die affair but is there any harm in trying? We could try, maybe it would turn out to be one of the best decisions for me and my family. If not, I already have back-up plans (I registered for JAMB) Other than that, my parents have always wanted to sponsor me to a school overseas (I'm the first child so yeah they've always wanted it).

They could get the money but I wanted to apply for September intake 2024 (because it's obviously the best intake) and I think it's a very short time interval because I should have drawn a study plan at least 2 years before I wanted to leave. I feel like if I rush things, my visa could get denied and it would just be a wastage of time and money.

I'm just 16 years old, I'll be 17 by 16th of June, 2024. And I don't really want to waste time in my education because the clock is ticking. So I don't know, should I just wait till next year, September 2025 or do you think I should go ahead with the process this year. I need honest opinions because it would be really useful. Alot of you are pretty much experienced than I and my parents are, so your advice would be really helpful.

Also, if you know any way I could be able to get proof of funds and tuition (it could be through a loan) and get visa approval, please share.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27
Doraehi:
Hello everybody. Recently I've been so confused especially because of my academics.

Last year, after completing WAEC and NECO, my mom and I were talking about schooling abroad and we decided that I should make some research with my phone. This research started November 2023. After making my research for about 2 months, to understand the educational system in some countries like US, UK, Canada, the Caribbean and Australia, I finally came to a conclusion in January that I wanted to school in Canada so I did further research on Canadian Universities and finally decided and picked University of Manitoba. And then did further research on how to get a Canadian Study permit. (After going through alot of things I saw on the IRCC website, I

They could get the money but I wanted to apply for September intake 2024 (because it's obviously the best intake) and I think it's a very short time interval because I should have drawn a study plan at least 2 years before I wanted to leave. I feel like if I rush things, my visa could get denied and it would just be a wastage of time and money.
study for your bsc Nigeria and do your masters abroad. Your parents can start saving in USD for that. Alot of people today are embarking on abroad study when they or their parents can’t afford it. Economy is also not smiling and many are unable to work and gather their tuition.
See examples below. Bewise

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:38pm On Jan 27
ednut1:
study for your bsc Nigeria and do your masters abroad. Your parents can start saving in USD for that. Alot of people today are embarking on abroad study when they or their parents can’t afford it. Economy is also not smiling and many are unable to work and gather their tuition.
See examples below. Bewise

These people did masters abroad and they are opening GoFundMe. I thought they picked money on the floor in the UK. DrAkpa and matrixreloaded, how far.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:42pm On Jan 27
Doraehi:

Last year, after completing WAEC and NECO, my mom and I were talking about schooling abroad and we decided that I should make some research with my phone. This research started November 2023. After making my research for about 2 months, to understand the educational system in some countries like US, UK, Canada, the Caribbean and Australia, I finally came to a conclusion in January that I wanted to school in Canada so I did further research on Canadian Universities and finally decided and picked University of Manitoba. And then did further research on how to get a Canadian Study permit. (After going through alot of things I saw on the IRCC website, I finally understood, at least to an extent).

So I discussed with my parents about everything and what the whole process entails: from gaining admission into a DLI and applying for the Study permit, I told them the tuition was about $23,000 estimate and that I needed at least $20,630 as proof of funds. And after hearing that, they said it was ALOT of money. My dad told me to calculate everything I needed to get there and get back to him. After doing the whole calculation with my mom, I concluded that 60M Naira would be enough for the tuition and other fees, POF, accomodation, flight and others. Meanwhile, I had already submitted my application (did it myself), it was just my application fee left. We didn't want to pay the $120 application fee yet until we were sure that we would do the whole process.

I discussed with my parents and they said it was alot but they could try to get it. I honestly believe that studying abroad is not a do or die affair but is there any harm in trying? We could try, maybe it would turn out to be one of the best decisions for me and my family. If not, I already have back-up plans (I registered for JAMB) Other than that, my parents have always wanted to sponsor me to a school overseas (I'm the first child so yeah they've always wanted it).

I'm just 16 years old, I'll be 17 by 16th of June, 2024. And I don't really want to waste time in my education because the clock is ticking. So I don't know, should I just wait till next year, September 2025 or do you think I should go ahead with the process this year. I need honest opinions because it would be really useful. Alot of you are pretty much experienced than I and my parents are, so your advice would be really helpful.

Also, if you know any way I could be able to get proof of funds and tuition (it could be through a loan) and get visa approval, please share.

If your parents arent politicians with access to stolen wealth or insanely rich business people, I will advise you to abort this mission. The naira will definitely be exchanging at the rate of 5000 naira to a dollar in 2 to 3 years time. Only political thieves and the top entrepreneurs will be able to afford sending their kids abroad.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27
tensazangetsu20:

If your parents arent politicians with access to stolen wealth or insanely rich business people, I will advise you to abort this mission. The naira will definitely be exchanging at the rate of 5000 naira to a dollar in 2 to 3 years time. Only political thieves and the top entrepreneurs will be able to afford sending their kids abroad.

The answer by Ednut is spot on. Get BSc/BA from a good private university (Covenant, Landmark or Babcock). Enjoy the Nigerian environment and what it has to offer. His parents have money, so savour it in Nigeria to the fullest.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:25pm On Jan 27
Gerrard59:

The answer by Ednut is spot on. Get BSc/BA from a good private university (Covenant, Landmark or Babcock). Enjoy the Nigerian environment and what it has to offer. His parents have money, so savour it in Nigeria to the fullest.

Omho I can't advise anyone to go do an undergraduate degree abroad. If you must do it, have the whole 4 to 5 years tuition and living expenses or go school in countries that don't have any tuition like Argentina and Brazil. Paying big school fees for 4 to 5 years no be beans o.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (696) (697) (698) (699) (700) (701) (702) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Agborachi222(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.