Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,815 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:56 AM

Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland (428 Views)

The Paedophile Association. A Subgroup 99.9% Of Romanceland Men Belong To. / Let's Create New Relationships: Romanceland Matchmaking Thread / True Story And Secrets Untold About Four Female Ghost In Romanceland.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by excessmon(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2019
I have read with keen attention about how people use wrong word to express issues on nairaland

The most annoying is the use of cheater for a male or female that cheats....

Note this a person that cheats is a cheat not a cheater

A cheater is not an English word....so pls let's correct ourselves...

My piece though

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by baralatie(m): 10:02am On Jan 03, 2019
what do you call a person that cheats for a living...
a cheater
Re: Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by mrblessed(m): 10:18am On Jan 03, 2019
excessmon:
I have read with keen attention about how people use wrong word to express issues on nairaland

The most annoying is the use of cheater for a male or female that cheats....

Note this a person that cheats is a cheat not a cheater

A cheater is not an English word....so pls let's correct ourselves...

My piece though
Oga, the word "cheater" is an English word. It is a noun. There is an investigative programme aired on DStv that exposes people cheating on their partners called "CHEATERS."

The headline of your post is misleading. You have wrongly "dictated" one word, not words.
Re: Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by AryEmber(f): 10:22am On Jan 03, 2019
mrblessed:
Oga, the word "cheater" is an English word. It is a noun. There is an investigative programme aired on DStv that exposes people cheating on their partners called "CHEATERS."

The headline of your post is misleading. You have wrongly "dictated" one word, not words.
You're too wicked.
Re: Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by excessmon(m): 10:41am On Jan 03, 2019
Please can you tell the world the type of dictionary where cheater is specified....
Cos a program is aired on dstv doesn't mean the name is a noun....
Abeg go back to school to learn the proper use of English words......
mrblessed:

Re: Wrong Use Of Words In Romanceland by mrblessed(m): 11:31am On Jan 03, 2019
AryEmber:
You're too wicked.
I am not remotely "wickeder" than you are.

(1) (Reply)

Working Download. Mura Masa Album (full) / Nigerian Man Proposes To Girlfriend At National Assembly Complex / In Abuja And Ready To Get Ladies Pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.