Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. (21023 Views)

Stefflon Don Subtly Shades Burna Boy, Calls Him ‘Mummy Boy' / Charly Boy Calls For Ban Of BBNaija Show, Gives Reasons / Wizkid To Perform At Coachella Festival Alongside Beyonce, Eminem, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Isoduwa(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
Zhegx:
Abeg who be coachella? Na arsenal new coach?

No na buhari vice president
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
janettee:

Ariana is a bigger artist than Burna boy at least in America where the show is happening undecided.

I'm not Ariana's fan but this a known fact.

Ariana isn't a bigger artist than Burna. Because her skin is pale?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Lh19(m): 1:06pm On Jan 03, 2019
lenghtinny:

So make hin wait for Khalifa before he complains because dem be conjoined twins ba

Go kick am out na

So what the fvck is wrong if they write his name in moderate sized fonts, we Africans like taking small things into our head, he's even calling himself an African giant
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by IyiolaOwabumowa(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
HI,

This is Iyiola.. I have a friend who does disney looking graphics and she is damn good!

Take a look at her arts:

We have very rare talents like this in Nigeria. And she's only 15 years old.

She's doing a free giveaway where she offers discounts for you to have a DIsney cartoon of yourself.. (That's only if you follow her and like her first 2 pictures)

She already did my Disney Character.. and I'm loving it! This is it below: cheesy cheesy

Here's the link to her instagram.. https://instagram.com/sanmi_draws Once you follow and like, send her a dm for your toon and she's gonna offer you the cheapest price and might even do it for free if you like all her picture.. Just like she did for me!!!
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by hypnotic(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2019
My question: is this how to write to Coachella? What if they are not on instagram?
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
OlyB12345:
When you know your worth you quickly understand when you're been devalue.. He knows his worth... I totally agree with him kinda sound racism...while white names in bold and African tiny font that is high level of disrespect and disregard... We need to fix it right

Racism?! grin grin grin.

This has been happening for years and no artist has ever complained ( not one I know of) but it's Burna boy from Nigeria that's whining and you call it racism.

Everything must be racist for y'all undecided.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:09pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lh19:

So what the fvck is wrong if they write his name in moderate sized fonts, we Africans like taking small things into our head, he's even calling himself an African giant

Don't mind him grin.

African giant my ass cheesy. Wizkid didn't complain last year.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by naptu2: 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nigeria trends at the moment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
JixNation:

It has nothing to do with racism, damn. Must everything be racist for you people?.

Ariana is a bigger artist, periodt.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
janettee:

It has nothing to do with racism, damn. Must everything be racist for you people?.

There was no racial attribute to my comment whatsoever. I only asked a question that could be a major criteria for ranking her ahead of Burma.
Peace man.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Alvin007: 1:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
Boyooosa:

They call it self esteem. You need it if u r a hard worker.

If you are npt comfortable with a situation, you are supposed to be free to express same.

He mustn't wait for Elba to complain. Do u know his lodgement will actually correct a lot of impressions; mindset about Africa and Africans amongst unnecessary oversight and even rude ridicule if it exists at all.
Next time, they will be patient enough to check the final output of their graphics artist

To you personally, what is the meaning of that concept?
I understand your view perfectly...but I’m sure the organizers weren’t trying to place their names in font sizes according to their level of importance or relevance...the bolded names are the main focus of the show!
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
JixNation:

There was no racial attribute to my comment whatsoever. I only asked a question that could be a major criteria for ranking her ahead of Burma.
Peace man.

You mentioned pale skin undecided.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
janettee:

You mentioned pale skin undecided.

That's why I said, if that could be the only reason you may have to rank her ahead of him.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by stallionsinn: 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2019
janettee:

Guy,it is like you have a lot of time to kick knowledge to these confused folks.
Burnaboy is a very good act with high self esteem,that is all.
The rest is hype.
He is doing this to get in the news and revalidate his badboy persona,but what about the collateral damage it will have on his career,now that Nigerians and the world at large are warming up to his sound?
He might have have suceeded in drawing the attention of the public to his inclusion in Coachella's rooster,but controversies like this will not help him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreenArrow2: 1:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:
This is what I term self-worth. Why emboldened a few names and make people squint to see the names of others? But for this, I would not have known Burna boy was invited for the show. His name was literally lost among the rest. It looked like a show of two artists - Ariana and Childish while the rest are just to make appearances.

Let everyone's name be written the same way. What's Ariana even singing that her name should be emboldened? Because she is white?

Lastly, Burna boy doesn't need the show to be somebody. The show needs him to have a great show.

Oga relax. You, Burna Boy and the Organisers are all correct. Childish Gambino and Ariana's names are in bold because they are the headline acts for the respective dates.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by nkemdi89(f): 1:26pm On Jan 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Burna boys career is dead
Tell yourself the truth.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by LastDance: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
JixNation:

Mr man, shut the fork up, if you dont know what to say.
This is one of the problem of blackman.
Supporting mediocre just because you are uninformed.
How can you compare Ariana grande to burna boy.

It is like comparing 2face to Justin Timberlake.

Now to average and uninformed Nigerians, they dont know justin Timberlake.

This is because of the songs they are accustomed to, but in all ramifications of music, they are not mate music wise.

Go and check the Instagram followers of Ariana, check her YouTube views, check her concerts and the audience.
The countries that she has toured.

Then you will probably keep quiet before mentioning burna boy.

Even when she was a teen star at Nickleledom in her sam and cat comedy show.

She was already bigger than burna boy.

For Nigerians that got the opportunity to watched dstv at home for their kids.
We were already familiar with Ariana grande even before burna boy dreamt of blowing.

So dont expose your ignorant any further.

Burna boy is good no doubt but he should take a chill pill.
He can never be bigger than wizkid not to make mention of Ariana Grande.

Jeez!!!!!!!!!! Nigerians with their ego.

13 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by chiboy1116: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:
This is what I term self-worth. Why emboldened a few names and make people squint to see the names of others? But for this, I would not have known Burna boy was invited for the show. His name was literally lost among the rest. It looked like a show of two artists - Ariana and Childish while the rest are just to make appearances.

Let everyone's name be written the same way. What's Ariana even singing that her name should be emboldened? Because she is white?

Lastly, Burna boy doesn't need the show to be somebody. The show needs him to have a great show.
u know how many records grande don sell? angry
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by NigerianBae: 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Burnaboy get wahala Sha
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreatestA1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
chiboy1116:
u know how many records grande don sell? angry
Do you know how good Burna boy is?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by nkemdi89(f): 1:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
Burna boy remains my best musician.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Passionfruit: 1:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:
Of course I know the meaning. That's not my point.

My point is how is Ariana a bigger star of the show?

Because she is white?

Kindly mention her songs that we all know apart from wearing matching outfits with her dog, display her dimples and sing a monotonous "ljsjkslslsllsll" in a video.

Not even Beyonce or Alicia keys o. Ariana! Headliner? Even simi sings better songs than her.

No, not because she’s white cuz Chance the rapper also an headliner is black. So you can’t accuse them of racism. She’s the star of the show because she is a big star in America, she is the third most followed person on Instagram with 141 million followers. Hope you know why now
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Boyooosa(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alvin007:

I understand your view perfectly...but I’m sure the organizers weren’t trying to place their names according to their level of importance or relevance...the bolded names are the main focus of the show!
The exact problem!
The reason I mentioned his reaction would make them think deeply some other time, sentiment not attached.
They would have just mentioned the big shots and rested the case instead of bringing it on

Its either they are not thinking or the one thinking for them is shallow.

They mustn't mention all the artistes, a special manual can be dedicated for that instead of displaying such ignorance on a social platform.

Don Jazi and Mavin Group is cool. Write Don Jazi in 12 by 12 ft, the followed by insignificant list of Mayorkun, korede bello, Ricardo Banks etc. Yeah, it's cool!

And not like writing wizkid big followed by small lettered davido, olamide and faze because he featured in billboard 100. My point!
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by candelanetworks: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
LuciferKristi:
shocked And here I was thinking it was only feminists that abuse whatever little privilege they are afforded.

What an ingrate!
I hope the organisers drop him but unfortunately he is so inconsequential that they might not even notice his rant.

*spits angry

Ingrate Is Coachella doing him a favour for that? Like he said he's an African Giant. Even though it really makes no sense about the name print thing, Burna Boy has the right cred to be given same spot like the rest.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by omoiyalayi(m): 1:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
They must ve written it so small

Cos I still couldn't find his name there

Maybe na my eyes sha

Does it even matters

He said he's African giant who else agreed with that?
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Alvin007: 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Boyooosa:

The exact problem!
The reason I mentioned his reaction would make them think deeply some other time, sentiment not attached.
They would have just mentioned the big shots and rested the case instead of bringing it on

Its either they are not thinking or the one thinking for them is shallow.

They mustn't mention all the artistes, a special manual can be dedicated for that instead of displaying such ignorance on a social platform.

Don Jazi and Mavin Group is cool. Write Don Jazi in 12 by 12 ft, the followed by insignificant list of Mayorkun, korede bello, Ricardo Banks etc. Yeah, it's cool!

And not like writing wizkid big followed by small lettered davido, olamide and faze because he featured in billboard 100. My point!

See...that’s their problem...Burna Boy, Marvin, Don jazzy..Coachella...na them sabi...#yawns. I’m hungry sef.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by noble71(m): 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Zhegx:
Abeg who be coachella? Na arsenal new coach?
No He is their New Goal keeper. angry

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Boyooosa(m): 1:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alvin007:

See...that’s their problem...Burna Boy, Marvin, Don jazzy..Coachella...na them sabi...#yawns. I’m hungry sef.
Lolz. Just for fun tho.
Oya, Go and eat...
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by baratech: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2019
Petty
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by chiboy1116: 2:11pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:
Do you know how good Burna boy is?
doesn't matter how good he is ....fact is grande is way bigger than him globally. Burna is a really good artist though .
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
See Idris Elba name as e small like Maggi, is burna claiming he's more popular that Elba or Khalifa?

Happy new year guys,please check out this year special episode reaction video with my dad reacting to Amilli ft H.O.M.A title "9 - 5"..kindly subscribe,like,comment and share.
Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_zEj-bnCeM
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by chiboy1116: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
JixNation:

oga Ariana is way!!!!! Bigger than burna , stop playing the racial card here . There are many bigger black artists. But abeg I take God beg u no compare grande and burna ..burna might b bigger in Africa .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Symply Tacha Joins The Fairmoney Family As They Launch A New Savings Product / "I Will Consider Plastic Surgery If..." Omotola Jalade Ekeinde. / Don't Marry A Person Who Cannot Satisfy You Sexually - Daddy Freeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.