Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. (21001 Views)

Stefflon Don Subtly Shades Burna Boy, Calls Him ‘Mummy Boy' / Charly Boy Calls For Ban Of BBNaija Show, Gives Reasons / Wizkid To Perform At Coachella Festival Alongside Beyonce, Eminem, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by owchpediatric: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by ElTafari7(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
I solidly support Burna boy’s stance on this!
He’s indeed an African giant and represents the entire continent.
His name should be written in Gold, block letters rather than the psychedelic Tame Impala rock band

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by ThinkWISELY(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Burna boy is an African Giant, redefining Afrotrap

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by gift2xl: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
racisme.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Otakom87(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
I saw his performance at one lagos festival. The guy is a good performer but pride.
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by InSanety: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
vastolord4:
Very smart... they need to address you as the king that you are...
lol....even in Africa, Burna Boy no be king, even less in America.

He should appreciate the fact that he even gets to perform on such a big platform. The audience is there to see a performance, nobody really cares about the names on the bill or how they are written. I bet most people won't even read past Ariana Grande's name.

The koko is to show up and give a performance so awesome and great that they will have no choice but to REMEMBER your name. Let Burna aim for that, not to be wailing over inconsequential things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by RexTramadol1: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
I like Oluwa Burna

But kini gbogbo isokuso yii

9ice wey e name no dey nko

Abi Kizz Daniel

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by ticoticotico: 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Why so many artist, are they going to write POST UME?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by ElTafari7(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
I solidly support Burna boy’s stance on this!
He’s indeed an African giant and represents the entire continent!
His name should be written in Gold, block letters and replaced with the psychedelic Tame Impala noisemaking rock band

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by sammuell(m): 12:45pm On Jan 03, 2019
Bruna you need to be humble
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Alvin007: 12:46pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hotfreeze:
African Giant indeed.

Lol...just like Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by lenghtinny(m): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lh19:
The overhype entered this idiots head, wiz Khalifa and the rest were written in small fonts and they didn't complain, it's one overhyped Fela wannabe that's complaining because of font size... Make they just kick this guy out sef angry angry angry
So make hin wait for Khalifa before he complains because dem be conjoined twins ba

Go kick am out na

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Orpe7(m): 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by wristbangle: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
So him drop one stupid single whey hin trend will soon expire like hibiscus flower naim people no go hear word again? undecided

They ought to have made his name smaller than it is there.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Passionfruit: 12:48pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:
This is what I term self-worth. Why emboldened a few names and make people squint to see the names of others. But for this, I would not have known Burna boy was invited for the show. His name was literally lost among the rest. It looked like show of two artists - Ariana and Childish while the rest are just to make appearances.

Lastly, Burna boy doesn't need the show to be somebody. The show needs him to have a great show.

The names in bigger prints are the headliners(star of the show)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Alvin007: 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
Passionfruit:

God bless you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Boyooosa(m): 12:49pm On Jan 03, 2019
subtlemee:
Imagine me wasting my time,squinting my eyes to look for his name as if the thing concern me

Nigerians we too like show it’s not as if his name is the only name that’s written small is Mr Easy’s own not also there? what if his name was not even there? Or he wants to draw our attention to the fact that his name there
So u dey compare Eazi the asslicker to Burna, nawao!
He should forfeit the show if they don't apologise or explain the concept.

7 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by MufasaRebirth: 12:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
Cochella should put respek on Burna’s Name !!!

He is one of the biggest stars to come out of Africa

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Alvin007: 12:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Boyooosa:

So u dey compare Eazi the asslicker to Burna, nawao!
He should forfeit the show if they don't apologise or explain the concept.
What about ‘Idris Elba’? Is Burna ‘bigger’ than him?

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreatestA1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 03, 2019
Passionfruit:

So Ariana is a bigger artist than Burna?

Kindly mention her songs that we all know apart from wearing matching outfits with her dog, displaying her dimples and singing a monotonous "ljsjkslslsllsll"

Not even Beyonce or Alicia keys o. Ariana!

9 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by 752hub: 12:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
he don dey smoke that tin again..... grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by 752hub: 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
My friend did you see the location of the event...how popular is Burna in California? or you think its Naija

GreatestA1:

Kindly mention her songs that we all know apart from wearing matching outfits with her dog, display her dimples and sing a monotonous "ljsjkslslsllsll"

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Boyooosa(m): 12:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
Alvin007:

What about ‘Idris Elba’? Is Burna ‘bigger’ than him?
They call it self esteem. You need it if u r a hard worker.

If you are npt comfortable with a situation, you are supposed to be free to express same.

He mustn't wait for Elba to complain. Do u know his lodgement will actually correct a lot of impressions; mindset about Africa and Africans amongst unnecessary oversight and even rude ridicule if it exists at all.
Next time, they will be patient enough to check the final output of their graphics artist

To you personally, what is the meaning of that concept?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by Rindo69: 12:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
Meanwhile Social house requires a magnifying glass to see his name
Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreatestA1(m): 12:59pm On Jan 03, 2019
Passionfruit:

Of course I know the meaning. That's not my point.

My point is how is Ariana a bigger star of the show?

Because she is white?

Kindly mention her songs that we all know apart from wearing matching outfits with her dog, displaying her dimples and singing a monotonous "ljsjkslslsllsll" in a video.

Not even Beyonce or Alicia keys o. Ariana! Headliner? Even simi sings better songs than her.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lh19:
The overhype entered this idiots head, wiz Khalifa and the rest were written in small fonts and they didn't complain, it's one overhyped Fela wannabe that's complaining because of font size... Make they just kick this guy out sef angry angry angry

I mean he makes good music but he's overrated, I agree.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by PraisePiano: 1:00pm On Jan 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Burna boys career is dead
sometimes I wonder if some people understand English language/grammar
Burna boy wey Dey top Africa music currently career dead!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreatestA1(m): 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2019
752hub:
My friend did you see the location of the event...how popular is Burna in California? or you think its Naija

Would the reverse had been the case if Ariana was being invited to say Lagos to perform along with Burna boy since not many people know her in Lagos?

Would Burna boy's name be in bold print while her name would have been plainly written?

You see why the whites think less of us as humans with no self-worth? Because of people like you.

If Burna boy is not known in California, why invite him to make jest of one of our African greatest artists in recent times?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by janettee(f): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
GreatestA1:

Kindly mention her songs that we all know apart from wearing matching outfits with her dog, display her dimples and sing a monotonous "ljsjkslslsllsll"

Ariana is a bigger artist than Burna boy at least in America where the show is happening undecided.

I'm not Ariana's fan but this a known fact.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by GreatestA1(m): 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2019
janettee:

Ariana is a bigger artist than Burna boy at least in America where the show is happening undecided.

I'm not Ariana's fan but this a known fact.
Would the reverse had been the case if Ariana was being invited to say Lagos to perform with Burna boy since not many people know her in Lagos?

Would Burna boy's name be in bold print while her name would have been plainly written?

See why the whites think less of us as humans? You people are the reason!!

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Calls Out Coachella. by OlyB12345: 1:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
When you know your worth you quickly understand when you're been devalue.. He knows his worth... I totally agree with him kinda sound racism...while white names in bold and African tiny font that is high level of disrespect and disregard... We need to fix it right

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Faze Posed With Psquare In Throwback Photo / Vicky Zugah: Any Man Who Claims To Love Independent Women Is An Opportunist / Eucharia Anunobi: I Pray For A Partner, I'm Still Open To Love But At God’s Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.