Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! (1031 Views)

Beware of the Scammer Tommyikes, Maya, Fidelis or Ifeanyi(Patricia) Aganyi / The Best Article Writer That Won't Dissapoint You. / Beware Of What You Eat- A Short Story By Avatarmode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 12:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
I am a writer, I have been a member of NL for sometime now. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly types of Clients. But recently, I have met three fraudulent clients in a row. They are two types: (1) the one's that ask you for samples of your best articles, written works. They take these samples, look for the Job for themselves and zoom off! You won't hear from them again. All they needed was a 'Sample' they don't have. (2) The One's that give you the Job ; after completing the Job, they ask you to send it to them. After sending the well prepared and painstakingly done work, that took your physical and intellectual energy . They will NOT pay you, you will never hear from them again. Or, sometimes they will tell you that your work wasn't good enough, so they gave someone else the job!

Please, how do we curb this disturbing fraudulent activities? What preventive measures do we take?

Opinions needed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by Abatsam111(m): 8:14am On Jan 04, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by frankline461: 9:50am On Jan 04, 2019
I don't think it's possible, you will always fall victim until you find a genuine one
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by SheWrites(f): 8:34am On Jan 05, 2019
always take Part pay
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by SheWrites(f): 8:35am On Jan 05, 2019
So that when they run u won't feel so much pain
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by FemiHKE(m): 5:07am On Jan 08, 2019
I'm also a victim of the second type of clients... The client was literally on my neck when he gave me the projects and after going through sleepless nights to complete the projects and then send to him, he stopped replying my messages and mails.
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by Webbiey(f): 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2019
You should convert the unedited work to a PDF file and send. Then collect your money fully before sending the raw final copy.

1 Like

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2019
Webbiey:
You should convert the unedited work to a PDF file and send. Then collect your money fully before sending the raw final copy.

I think this is a good idea. You fallen victim before?

1 Like

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 8:03am On Jan 11, 2019
FemiHKE:
I'm also a victim of the second type of clients... The client was literally on my neck when he gave me the projects and after going through sleepless nights to complete the projects and then send to him, he stopped replying my messages and mails.

Too bad
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2019
SheWrites:
always take Part pay

I have never taken part payment. Have you?
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by Webbiey(f): 12:50pm On Jan 14, 2019
GiftedMind1JEM:

I think this is a good idea. You fallen victim before?

Not me, but a friend and it was very painful because the stress was quite much, talk more of the money

1 Like

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by FunnyDude(m): 4:06pm On Jan 14, 2019
Writers should be careful and smart enough.

I have been there, in the past I worked for someone of about 10k+ words or so.. He went AWOL.

RULES:

1. Never accept a job from anyone to chatted you from the blues.

2. Never accept a job from those client that do give short time frame with huge project.

3. Don't be desperate. Don't be greedy.

4. Don't pile up jobs.. It'll be cool if you can do a job and receive your first payment to gain trust.

1 Like

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by AceGeraci: 4:30pm On Jan 14, 2019
You're not alone. Its not enough that they pay little sums. They don't want to pay at all! I've been a victim several times. Even if you send pdf, they can still copy and paste. Be careful. Once you prove your worth, all other articles must be pay before delivery.
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by SheWrites(f): 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2019
GiftedMind1JEM:

I have never taken part payment. Have you?
I do, especially when I don't know d client from Adam
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2019
FunnyDude:

I have been there, in the past I worked for someone of about 10k+ words or so.. He went AWOL.

RULES:

2. Never accept a job from those client that do give short time frame with huge project.

Great Tips.

The Man that defrauded me should be in his early fourties ... Imaging still doing cabu cabu writing job at that age ( I inferred his age from his whatsApp profile pix). And, bringing the wrath of God on your small hustle by defrauding people. Poverty want's to marry him.

4. Don't pile up jobs.. It'll be cool if you can do a job and receive your first payment to gain trust.
Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 7:53pm On Jan 15, 2019
FunnyDude:

RULES:

Great Tips.

The Man that defrauded me should be in his early fourties ... Imaging still doing cabu cabu writing job at that age ( I inferred his age from his whatsApp profile pix). And, bringing the wrath of God on your small hustle by defrauding people. Poverty want's to marry him.

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by GiftedMind1JEM: 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2019
FunnyDude:

RULES:

Great Tips.

Re: FRAUD ALERT! Writers : Beware Of Fraudulent Clients That Won't Pay! by wellfedwriter(m): 6:14am On Feb 01, 2019
If you're a writer and you've been defrauded its not your fault there are people who'll like to reap where they didn't sow.but alas you can get back at them
Here's how
If your article has been publish without getting payment you'll simply send a message to Google with details of the transaction and Google will do an investigation if true the post will be taken down or any revenue generated will be given to you.
However you've to get good at your craft, even if you've writing an article does not mean you'll get paid.
Can you pay a mechanic for a bad job that's likely to cause you accident? No I guess
So why'll a webmaster pay you for a bad job that's likely to cost him money and low engagement,poor Google ranking.
Think about it. Get good at your craft so you can charge any money you ask.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / Book Fairs / Which Nigerian Publisher Occupies The No 1 Spot For Publishing ‘fictional Works’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.