Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) (799 Views)

Are The Teachings Of Paul Truly Against The Teachings Of Jesus? / Fulani Herdsmen: Father Mbaka Protests Against Murder Of Paul Offu / How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by luvmijeje(f): 1:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is the second part of my revelations. If you missed the first part, click on my moniker.

For this second revelation, I want to thank Jesusjnr. It was when when I was discussing with him last night that I got this revelation. So let me shoot.

Christ's teaching : Matthew 6 :24

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Paul's teaching : 2nd Corinthian 8 : 9

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.

We now have another God in the church of today. The God of money.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Originakalokalo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 03, 2019
III John 3 verse 2..

I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health even as your soul prospers.

Prosperity is even greater than riches.

The children of God are rich both physically and spiritual....

Salvation is full package.... So yes, Jesus Christ became poor that we might be rich....

Everything that is needed is embedded in the works of salvation.

I saw your thread about Paul's hierarchy of spiritual gifts... I decided not to respond.

God will save your soul.

2 Likes

Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by enilove(m): 5:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
luvmijeje:
This is the second part of my revelations. If you missed the first part, click on my moniker.

For this second revelation, I want to thank Jesusjnr. It was when when I was discussing with him last night that I got this revelation. So let me shoot.

Was it not God that blessed Abraham ?

Genesis 13:2 KJV
And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.

Psalm 112:1-3 KJV
Praise ye the Lord . Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord , that delighteth greatly in his commandments.
[2] His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed.
[3] WEALTH and RICHES shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth for ever.

TO SERVE MONEY IS TO RELY ON MONEY AS YOUR ALL IN ALL . IT IS BY ALLOWING MONEY OR RICHES TO RULE YOUR LIFE :

Psalm 62:10 KJV
Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them .

THAT IS WHAT JESUS MEANT IN MATTHEW 6:24. THAT IS , WE SHOULD NOT SET IYR HEART ON WEALTH AND RICHES.

The teachings of Paul the Apostle is biblical , and he himself never pursue riches or wealth :

Philippians 4:11-12 KJV
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
[12] I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by MuttleyLaff: 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
luvmijeje:

"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other,
or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.
You cannot serve God and money.
"

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor,
so that you by his poverty might become rich.
"

1This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
- 1 Timothy 3:1-3

"Certainly, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Some people who have set their hearts on getting rich have wandered away from the Christian faith
and have caused themselves a lot of grief.
"
- 1 Timothy 6:10

"17Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable.
Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
18Tell them to use their money to do good.
They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.
19By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.
"
- 1 Timothy 6:17-19

"1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come.
2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,
boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,
4traitorous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5having a form of godliness but denying its power.
"
- 2 Timothy 3:1-3

luvmijeje, answer the following questions please:
1/ Are your familiar with each and all of the above verses?
2/ Please give the name of the person who is responsible for the words in each and all of the above verses
3/ Since you're familiar with the verses earlier shown, do you consider your named person given as the answer to #2 above, blameworthy still?

1 Like

Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by luvmijeje(f): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
1This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
- 1 Timothy 3:1-3

"Certainly, the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.
Some people who have set their hearts on getting rich have wandered away from the Christian faith
and have caused themselves a lot of grief.
"
- 1 Timothy 6:10

"17Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable.
Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment.
18Tell them to use their money to do good.
They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.
19By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life.
"
- 1 Timothy 6:17-19

"1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come.
2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money,
boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good,
4traitorous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
5having a form of godliness but denying its power.
"
- 2 Timothy 3:1-3

luvmijeje, answer the following questions please:
1/ Are your familiar with each and all of the above verses?
2/ Please give the name of the person who is responsible for the words in each and all of the above verses
3/ Since you're familiar with the verses earlier shown, do you consider your named person given as the answer to #2 above, blameworthy still?

But does it nullify him saying Christ was poor to make us rich. Especially when Christ has explicitly stated you can't serve God and money.

Do you remember where Christ told someone to sell everything he has if he wants to follow him.

In my short time on earth, I've realized, you can't be spiritually great and be physically rich. Do you know why? Because your wealth is only a means to fulfill a purpose. At any seconds, you can receive instructions to sacrifice what you have for someone else.

Christ justifying the teaching of prosperity singularly lies on that verse spewed out by Paul.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
luvmijeje:

This is my honest opinion on this particular post.

Many think that my revealing of the many mistakes of Apostle Paul, was done with malicious Intentions, however what they do not know is that Apostle Paul is a good friend of mine, who I see a colleague and brother, and therefore that this was done to help a brother out, when he needed my help.

It very obvious that the church had more or less become a mammonic setup, where the mammonic gospel is being preached by mammonic church leaders, so in that respect I think that this post got it absolutely spot on.

However with respect to Apostle Paul, despite the many mistakes that I thought that Apostle Paul had made which has negatively affected the church, I never considered him to have been culpable in the respect of the mammonization of today's church.

For i actually that that's one area where Paul got it just about perfectly, as he lived a life of sacrifice, selflessness and was a man of integrity.

Hence in spite of Apostle Paul's many mistakes I would take him even with the mistakes any day, anytime over the Pharisees 2 that dominate the church today.

That said though I understand luvmijeje means well, and so she's got my support.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by luvmijeje(f): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2019
jesusjnr:

Many think that my revealing of the many mistakes of Apostle Paul, was done with malicious Intentions, however what they do not know is that Apostle Paul is a good friend of mine, who I see a colleague and brother, and therefore that this was done to help a brother out, when he needed my help.

It very obvious that the church had more or less become a mammonic setup, where the mammonic gospel is being preached by mammonic church leaders, so in that respect I think that this post got it absolutely spot on.

However with respect to Apostle Paul, despite the many mistakes that I thought that Apostle Paul had made which has negatively affected the church, I never considered him to have been culpable in the respect of the mammonization of today's church.

For i actually that that's one area where Paul got it just about perfectly, as he lived a life of sacrifice, selflessness and was a man of integrity.

Hence in spite of Apostle Paul's many mistakes I would take him even with the mistakes any day, anytime over the Pharisees 2 that dominate the church today.

That said though I understand luvmijeje means well, and so she's got my support.

I respect you more for coming out to state your position. I enjoy it more when people challenge me. When I'm through with my 12 revelations, if you would still take Paul over the pastor's of today, I'll look harder into the mirror.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
jesusjnr:

I am yet to fathom why paul teaching is interpreted the way it is. Why must it be said he was referring to marmon and not spiritual riches? Analysing the scripture and concluding it as wrong is the same thing you christians(eg muttleylaff) accuse of us atheist and agnostics of doing.
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
luvmijeje:

I respect you more for coming out to state your position. I enjoy it more when people challenge me. When I'm through with my 12 revelations, if you would still take Paul over the pastor's of today, I'll look harder into the mirror.
See luvmijeje you know one thing I learnt about God, you know God is perfect right, and despite being perfect He sticks with certain persons who are yet imperfect and make mistakes.

And do you know why, because those persons have the kind of heart that God seeks in a person, even that which is pure and willing.

So despite the fact that they make mistakes and show some signs of imperfections, God who is perfect yet sticks with them, teaching, guiding, and helping them towards becoming the kind of persons that He desires for them to be.

So I know for a fact that God is with you regardless because of the kind of heart you have, so i'm not going to do the otherwise oh, certainly not.

God bless you bigly and mightily luvmijeje, you won't understand oh!
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
Michellekabod1:

I am yet to fathom why paul teaching is interpreted the way it is. Why must it be said he was referring to marmon and not spiritual riches? Analysing the scripture and concluding it as wrong is the same thing you christians(eg muttleylaff) accuse of us atheist and agnostics of doing.

Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
jesusjnr:
I'm sorry Michellekabod1 I can't do this with you, i really don't see any head in this so far. Please If that's what you would be doing, then i don't see the point.
You see, why i am being exempted from the discussion?
I know why
The thread is for serious minded believers not me....

Walks out
Re: How The Teaching Of Paul Differs From The Teaching Of Christ(part 2) by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Jan 19
luvmijeje:
■ This is the second part of my revelations. If you missed the first part, click on my moniker. For this second revelation, I want to thank Jesusjnr. It was when when I was discussing with him last night that I got this revelation. So let me shoot.
Paul stated that Jesus Christ was rich. Rich in what? What then are we made rich in by submitting to Jesus Christ? undecided

Jumping to conclude that Paul meant rich in the things of this world is your number error here since Jesus Christ was never reported as being rich in the things of this world. This accusation of yours against Paul is false. Now this is not to say, of course, that Paul got right everything as he did make clear in his letters that a lot of what was expressed were opinions and not God's Truth. undecided

(1) (Reply)

. / The Bible Is A False Book Based On Lies And Deceit - Dr Obadele Kambon / Gospel According To Ṣallā Allāhu ʿalayhi Wa-ʿala Āli-hi Wa-sallam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.