Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) (24907 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Boyooosa(m): 6:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
CHM11:
try and get a new job that will offer u anything above 150k with other boxes checked. Then you try to renegotiate with your current employer.
This your advice will let him know that he s just a lucky dude but won't sit tight until he loses that job.

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by biosilicon: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
Poverty issa bastard.. This is the first time I would be getting an offer above 100k. When the chinese HR called me on phone and said "You are the guy we want to work for us. we will be offering you 150k".. I quickly jumped at the offer because I earn 40k at my former place of work. When I was going through the interview process, they asked how much I earn at my current place of work, I said 180k for a graphics designer position.
So, when they offered me 150k, povertea don block my brain to negotiate further.
Today, upon resumption after complaining to my HR about salary deductions, he said it was a mistake. He then proceeded to show me my Salary profile. He thought I was looking at mine but I was scanning through my colleagues that we came in at the same time..
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!
I am not envying them.. i am just feeling stupid for not knowing my value.. they know theirs!! I won't make this same mistake..

Chaii embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Is there something I can do?

don't be greedy bro. I wont be surprised if you went for Thanksgiving after you secured the job offer. from 40k overnight you had a close to 400% salary increment.
having said that my advice is. don't complain immediately, after all, it was a negotiation and you obliged happily, what you should do is work hard for about 3 months or more and prove your worth, meanwhile during those time, in your workplace locate the individual that has the power to help you or even implement a salary change for you and become friends with him. then humbly table your case after a few months.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lies

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
Chinese company pay u 600k? Lies

20 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
jcmaiah:
Chinese company pay someone 600k? Lies

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by GoodFaith: 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
AZeD1:

Even though you came in with your colleagues at the same time, are you guys on the same level? Are you guys doing the same job?
If it is the same level
The other people might have over 10 year experience
if there are steps he might have come in at the lower step
eg there are five steps for a salary of $ 6000 a monthly
step one $4200, step two $5000, step three $5300 step four $5750 and step five $6,000
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
Dude, how many companies in nigeria pay 600k per month? angry. Something is not right about your story.

21 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by adekanmbi1986(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2019
Hmm
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Osyxcel(m): 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
Poverty issa bastard.. This is the first time I would be getting an offer above 100k. When the chinese HR called me on phone and said "You are the guy we want to work for us. we will be offering you 150k".. I quickly jumped at the offer because I earn 40k at my former place of work. When I was going through the interview process, they asked how much I earn at my current place of work, I said 180k for a graphics designer position.
So, when they offered me 150k, povertea don block my brain to negotiate further.
Today, upon resumption after complaining to my HR about salary deductions, he said it was a mistake. He then proceeded to show me my Salary profile. He thought I was looking at mine but I was scanning through my colleagues that we came in at the same time..
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!
I am not envying them.. i am just feeling stupid for not knowing my value.. they know theirs!! I won't make this same mistake..

You earned salary immediately after you joined today? You noticed all the deductions today?

Hmmm.....

14 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lol... I wonder grin
jcmaiah:

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by CHM11: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2019
Boyooosa:

This your advice will let him know that he s just a lucky dude but won't sit tight until he loses that job.

na so na..if nobody else is offering him anything better, he will appreciate what he has

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by bettercreature(m): 6:18pm On Jan 03, 2019
TOPCRUISE:

It might be their annual pay
Dont mind him he should just tell us the company name
No Chinese company pays up to that in Nigeria. That is how they lies anytime they want to impress their Nairaland crush

20 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
Dude ask them about the certification they have acquired.

3 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Fourwinds: 6:20pm On Jan 03, 2019
[quote author=LuciferKristi post=74416531][/quote] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Boyooosa(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
CHM11:

na so na..if nobody else is offering him anything better, he will appreciate what he has
Leave am, today is January 3, 2019.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by obinoral1179(m): 6:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
You need to manage this situation because it will affect your output and enthusiasm will reduce... I was in your shoe though mine was 50k and the other guy was 70-80k and after target and all my salary will be like 40k or so... After 3 months i resigned and move on and my other collegue was sack not too long but he is doing fine now......
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by charles009(m): 6:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
This cannever be true.

Its a pure blantant lie.

No company will have a huge difference of over 550k between two identical positions, except its a case of contract versus core staff in an oil company.

Paying you 700k to design what exactly?

Lie with caution here or I may have an mod ban you

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by mozona(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
do ur work very well that you feel indispensable, then after some month ask for salary increase.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by jaelz(m): 6:30pm On Jan 03, 2019
My dear the same thing I am going through at my own place of work I didn't properly negotiate my salary
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Grupo(m): 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2019
datola:
Hmmm .. You need to find a way to manage the situation because this will affect your productivity and subsequently get you sacked.

What you need to do is to perform more than the others and this will give you an edge for higher pay now or in the future.

It is interesting to hear a Chinese firm in Nigeria is paying N700k to a graphic designer?

If you believed the guy's story, then you can believe anything.

10 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by drlateef: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2019
I thought Fayose don come again with his "I am in pains". Sorry, without trivialising your predicament, please confront your superiors about what you found and see their reactions. Good luck.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by ikcid: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
charles009:
This cannever be true.
Its a pure blantant lie.

Lie with caution here or I may have an mod ban you
The lie is incoherent sef.

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by dockokwus: 6:34pm On Jan 03, 2019
This one is either hallucinating or deliberately telling lies.
Graphics designer 700k!
If u are not lying,you may have seen an annual salary.
But I feel its a lie because this sounds like one of those threads usually opened by that moniker that used to open threads full of made up stories,until he was busted

11 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by SalamRushdie: 6:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
facking liar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by oloriLFC(f): 6:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
[quote author=LuciferKristi post=74416531][/quote] can't stop laughing. OMG!

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
A Chinese company? 600, 700k to workers that are not top level so easily like dat? Are u sure it is not annual you were scanning plus are u guys doing thesame job? Even if they earn higher, they might have better experience than you e.g...the company they come from, achievements and even their pay might have been higher than what you are earning now.
IMO 40k is a good improvement, just do your work

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Vcent50: 6:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
To be sincere,no Chinese company in Nigeria will pay graphics designer 600-700k,is it an oil company or telecommunication.
My brother you just glanced through the payroll,if you have the opportunity to recheck it, you will see that you are the one who miscalculate
So take your time

6 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Martinez19(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2019
jcmaiah:
Lol. Chinese and Indian bosses are stingy as fvck.

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Dshocker(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!

First prove your worth,by providing exceptional ideas into the organisation... Before you can ask for it.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by chris51(f): 6:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
I don't believe this man's story. How can you be offered about30% of what others were offered. Do you have same qualifications etc?

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by AndLeo(m): 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
There are grades and levels in every organization and salary is based on grades. Maybe their grade is higher than your own. Maybe the previous place they were working their salary/grade was higher than your own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Clear Cut Reasons Why You Keep Missing Out On Opportunities / 3 Members Of A Nigerian Family Inducted As Lawyers In One Day(photos) / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.