Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) (24908 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by CodeTemplar: 6:52pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
Poverty issa bastard.. This is the first time I would be getting an offer above 100k. When the chinese HR called me on phone and said "You are the guy we want to work for us. we will be offering you 150k".. I quickly jumped at the offer because I earn 40k at my former place of work. When I was going through the interview process, they asked how much I earn at my current place of work, I said 180k for a graphics designer position.
So, when they offered me 150k, povertea don block my brain to negotiate further.
Today, upon resumption after complaining to my HR about salary deductions, he said it was a mistake. He then proceeded to show me my Salary profile. He thought I was looking at mine but I was scanning through my colleagues that we came in at the same time..
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!
I am not envying them.. i am just feeling stupid for not knowing my value.. they know theirs!! I won't make this same mistake..

Chaii embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Is there something I can do?

Your value ?

Your value has nothing to do with what they offer you guy.
If your value is truly 700k go and start your own small set up and be earning that. Just look for a way to warm yourself into the HR's and employer's heart, you may find favour.

You said you are a graphics designer right?
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Skywalker5(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2019
[quote author=LuciferKristi post=74416531][/quote]

You be real Lucifer grin grin grin grin
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by fasho01(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
hakeem4:
Well bro you’re not useless yet, you can still be used as a bad example

But next time you should research about the salary scale

Brotherly, why evils
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by GambaOsaka: 7:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
150K against 700K
Hmm.........
Mr Oga, this your Tori get small comma and apostrophes o.

By the way, which Chinese coy dey pay as much as 700 per month abi na per annum you wan talk?

4 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by samsam2019: 7:23pm On Jan 03, 2019
A Chinese coy paying 600k for a graphic designer? Hahahahahhahaha

I don't believe this post abeg. Probably one of the plenty nonsense we read here

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by gbagyiza: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
Poverty issa bastard.. This is the first time I would be getting an offer above 100k. When the chinese HR called me on phone and said "You are the guy we want to work for us. we will be offering you 150k".. I quickly jumped at the offer because I earn 40k at my former place of work. When I was going through the interview process, they asked how much I earn at my current place of work, I said 180k for a graphics designer position.
So, when they offered me 150k, povertea don block my brain to negotiate further.
Today, upon resumption after complaining to my HR about salary deductions, he said it was a mistake. He then proceeded to show me my Salary profile. He thought I was looking at mine but I was scanning through my colleagues that we came in at the same time..
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!
I am not envying them.. i am just feeling stupid for not knowing my value.. they know theirs!! I won't make this same mistake..

I will be honest with u, d only option you have is to either accept n continue with your job or u resign. Is not professional after accepting an offer, then you go back on d basis that you were cheated during d negotiation n demanding for a pay rise. A guy was employed in our office despite d fact that he was guided by a Colleaque not to accept anything lower than 500k. During d negotiation, he was offered 200k n he accepted because he was paid 40k in his former place of work but along d line he discovered that he was doing the same job with us but under paid. He was not happy n decided to write to d management for pay rise n he ended up putting himself in trouble that almost cost him his job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nanatrendy(f): 7:37pm On Jan 03, 2019
Did you actually type 'I am in pains' hahahaha, how many pains do you feel
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Mydazz(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Somethings no add up for this tori oh,........ someone should please calculate the percentage difference,......... No company will do such bros
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Rosarie(f): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2019
Na wa o
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Gleefreak125(m): 7:50pm On Jan 03, 2019
I'm in the same predicament, jumped at an offer far lower than the salary grade for my position cos I was damn tired of being jobless. The fact that I would be leaving home and returning in the evening was just overwhelming. I was just foolishly agreeing to everything that was said about my job description and salary scale. The things I am do at the office surpasses the pay to a very large extent. Upon resumption, I discovered a junior staff was earning far above my pay.
It dawned on me I've been too desperate. I actually have learnt from this experience and I'm still on the look out for a better job as I grow my side hustle too.
There is poverty in the land and I tell you bro, someone is ready to take that position for a lesser pay. Don't try your boss and Nigerians. Just stay put and be on the look out too.

PS: It's my first real job in my field of study, so the experience also counts as pay for me.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Buffalowings3(m): 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2019
Guy dey funny grin cheesy grin grin grin
He is in pains
grin cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Frankaka8(m): 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2019
surrogatesng:
700k monthly for a graphic designer.You sabi lie no be small.
for chinko company for dat matter, not even an American or European coy. i bet you didnt see the digits well
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Archbishop88: 7:58pm On Jan 03, 2019
Am not interested in d letters...but I can always relate dz to one time stomach infrastructure Governor

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Goldenheart(m): 8:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
Lie Kee u there...
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by GoodFaith: 8:05pm On Jan 03, 2019
Gleefreak125:
I'm in the same predicament, jumped at an offer far lower than the salary grade for my position cos I was damn tired of being jobless. The fact that I would be leaving home and returning in the evening was just overwhelming. I was just foolishly agreeing to everything that was said about my job description and salary scale. The things I am do at the office surpasses the pay to a very large extent. Upon resumption, I discovered a junior staff was earning far above my pay.
It dawned on me I've been too desperate. I actually have learnt from this experience and I'm still on the look out for a better job as I grow my side hustle too.
There is poverty in the land and I tell you bro, someone is ready to take that position for a lesser pay. Don't try your boss and Nigerians. Just stay put and be on the look out too.

PS: It's my first real job in my field of study, so the experience also counts as pay for me.

in Government jobs your last pay stub determine your pay when you are hire
bring your last pay check at you last job
I know mangers that are now level 14 but came into the government as level 11
Because they want a manger position they got it
They are making less than the top level of 12 and 13
So they are mad, but like i told some of them, they were making about 50k less than four ago before they came into the government
there are people that came in here 14 year ago making 60k
now you think because u are a manager u need to make more money than people that came in here making 60k 14 year ago
u just got here 4 year ago with ur 50k
You have other two to four year to make that top manager pay
so zip it up
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
datola:
Hmmm .. You need to find a way to manage the situation because this will affect your productivity and subsequently get you sacked.

What you need to do is to perform more than the others and this will give you an edge for higher pay now or in the future.

It is interesting to hear a Chinese firm in Nigeria is paying N700k to a graphic designer?

He's lying sir, we know his type. This post is fake as usual. 700K Naira to US dollar is $1,925.74. Even some people don't earn this as a Graphic designer in their own country.

He will get sacked in the end, Its not a curse sir.

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by JoyNgofaa1(f): 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Nina reflects over her year. She’s determined to make a better next year. Are you?
See what she's up to in this story:
THERMOSTAT
Click the link below

https:///2R0Be6e
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!

are you for real! Chaii!! God wer is your face ooooo! You mean some people are still collecting 5hk, 7hk monthly! I need your help o God! That 150k sef na senior brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by leedigital: 8:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!

This is really sad. Just keep your head up and keep doing your job even better than the 700k guys. They will see your worth soon enough. Or better still, you can consider one of the ideas dropped earlier and look for a better opportunity and leverage that for a pay rise.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Ray07(m): 8:28pm On Jan 03, 2019
surrogatesng:
700k monthly for a graphic designer.You sabi lie no be small.
no mind the guy
How much we dey collect for fiverr . . .
Infant he deserves cain
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Temmydotty(f): 8:29pm On Jan 03, 2019
The truth is,that company would never offer you higher than what you are earning now,no matter how hard you perform. The best thing to do is look out for better opportunities in other organizations.

Salary negotiation can be very dicey. It is better to have a fore knowledge of the salary range before attending any interview.

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by boiz2men(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is very true in most tech and corporate world.

Most of my colleagues earn above a million....

When asked by the HR.. I said something quite OK but I am considering changing this this year...

But 700k for a graphic designer?

Are they the HOD of the branding department

2 Likes

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by ozo13(m): 8:35pm On Jan 03, 2019
Edokingdom:
grin
You mean your colleagues earn 700k per month ,
Hope you saw it very well, or you did not go there with your reading glasses
lol.abi na per annum salary em see grin
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by concho(m): 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2019
I can only give you an advice on what to do if you can tell me if those your mates are graphics designers too ?
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by ozo13(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03, 2019
Temmydotty:
The truth is,that company would never offer you higher than what you are earning now,no matter how hard you perform. The best thing to do is look out for better opportunities in other organizations.

Salary negotiation can be very dicey. It is better to have a fore knowledge of the salary range before attending any interview.
my thinking too.jus gather some experience there and start looking for a better offer
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Sagay212: 8:43pm On Jan 03, 2019
datola:
Hmmm .. You need to find a way to manage the situation because this will affect your productivity and subsequently get you sacked.

What you need to do is to perform more than the others and this will give you an edge for higher pay now or in the future.

It is interesting to hear a Chinese firm in Nigeria is paying N700k to a graphic designer?

The guy is obviously yapping trash...I don't know what they are designing to be earning 500k..Lol.. especially from a Chinese company...maybe he didn't know what he truly saw...maybe 500k per annum.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2019
Holybwoy:
700k.. 600k.. 500k

I am in pains!!

And u joined nairaland 3 days ago n started saying all these Chinese balderdash? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by morningsta(m): 8:56pm On Jan 03, 2019
Spot on! You couldn't have possibly said it better.

@poster, you have been properly advised. Stay on the job and give your best or would you rather go back to your 40k job?

AntiWailer:
Calm down

That is why pay is confidential in most organizations. You don’t know what and what they have being through with or for organization. Some dropped a 300-500k job to come and work with them.

You don’t expect the same negotiation with u dt carry 40k come.

When you got the offer you believed you got a good deal and hammer ?

Just do your work and dnt complain for now.

Misbehave and you will go back to your 40k per month.

They gave you the opportunity, it is a big gamble to allow you with your in experience and lack of exposure .

Do you know how many years experience the others have ?

All of a sudden u don dey worth 500k from 40k grin

If you were, they won’t allow you leave where you were coming from. They would have offered you at least 200k to stay.

Use your upper

My 2 cents.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2019
A Chinese company paying 500k-600k per month!

I think such company must have a salary structure and if they don't, such margin in salary cannot exist between employees of the same profile.

Do your findings very well before killing yourself with regrets and bitterness.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by PeacenLove2: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
Wtf! The difference is MASSIVE! shocked

Yeepa! Nor gree o. cheesy

I would have said let it go and hope for the best. But haba! OP, work like crazy, show them how special you are and demand that review. State your price with Confidence. They would know you know what you're talking about.

Also be sure your skill levels are the same with the other guys. They may have higher certifications, experience etc.

Chances are they accept or reject. No issues. Life goes on. Start looking elsewhere if they say NO.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2019
First it was your deductions. Something you can easily resolve by asking for your payslip, you brought it to Nairaland. Now you are confessing that you unethically viewed the pay of your colleagues and you are "pained". Your employers are not fools. Every employer pays different wages based on the skill and usefulness of their employees. If you are underpaid and they find you very useful, you will get rapid movement and overtake your lazy colleagues (if any). If you focus on complaining rather than improving your skills, u will soon be here to tell us you have been sacked. Keep on complaining..
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by sunbilor(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
AntiWailer:
Calm down

That is why pay is confidential in most organizations. You don’t know what and what they have being through with or for organization. Some dropped a 300-500k job to come and work with them.

You don’t expect the same negotiation with u dt carry 40k come.

When you got the offer you believed you got a good deal and hammer ?

Just do your work and dnt complain for now.

Misbehave and you will go back to your 40k per month.

They gave you the opportunity, it is a big gamble to allow you with your in experience and lack of exposure .

Do you know how many years experience the others have ?

All of a sudden u don dey worth 500k from 40k grin

If you were, they won’t allow you leave where you were coming from. They would have offered you at least 200k to stay.

Use your upper

My 2 cents.
It seems you have never worked in any of these chinese/Lebanese companies springing up everywhere in Nigeria. To get good pay in most of them, one need to blow big lies of bogus experience and salary packages. I didn't believe this until it happened to me. Someone who was employed and sent to me for mentorship was earning higher pay than me. I didn't know until after he was retrenched.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Members Of A Nigerian Family Inducted As Lawyers In One Day(photos) / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply / TVC Explains Sack Of 145 Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.