Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) (24933 Views)

I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture) / Reasons Why I Don't Tell People My Salary / Night Security My Colleagues Exposing Himself Always While Sleeping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Damfostopper(m): 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2019
This is making one of the savagery of all times

[quote author=LuciferKristi post=74416531][/quote]

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by mechanics(m): 10:22pm On Jan 03, 2019
Wow, you should have confirm from one of the staff before the interview, to me, there is nothing you can do o, just manage the pay.

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by holysaint1(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2019
PotatoSalad:
You're suffering from a mental condition called Osritis Cubivea. It is work induced. It happens when you state figures without giving it a detailed thought. You have the early symptoms. Now your auditory and optic nerves are undergoing fiscia prequems. It results in jisistula of the cranium. A common work condition that can be treated with antibiotics and antidepressants. A two weeks procedure will reduce the fifadore cranimonium, a part of the cranium that i just made up cos I don't know what the hell I just wrote

pls whats wrong with nlanders this evening
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 04, 2019
Op, I'm curious. What kind of graphics are your colleagues designing to earn 700k monthly? A nuclear weapon? Not to mention we are talking about a Chinese company here that are very stingy and treat workers like trash. Even multinationals struggle to pay upto that for entry level, you need alot of certs with years of experience to earn 600k. Be cautious oh, it might be your village people at work.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by whirlout: 2:44am On Jan 04, 2019
AntiWailer:
Calm down

That is why pay is confidential in most organizations. You don’t know what and what they have being through with or for organization. Some dropped a 300-500k job to come and work with them.

You don’t expect the same negotiation with u dt carry 40k come.

When you got the offer you believed you got a good deal and hammer ?

Just do your work and dnt complain for now.

Misbehave and you will go back to your 40k per month.

They gave you the opportunity, it is a big gamble to allow you with your in experience and lack of exposure .

Do you know how many years experience the others have ?

All of a sudden u don dey worth 500k from 40k grin

If you were, they won’t allow you leave where you were coming from. They would have offered you at least 200k to stay.

Use your upper

My 2 cents.
Well said. Dude thinks every company just dishes out 500k to every Tom, Dick and Harry because they came to the company at the same time. Never mind their experience level and their worth to the company. Dude went from 40k to 150K almost 400% increase and you can sense no gratitude in his voice. Feels bad about not getting 500K but feels good about lying about how much he makes in the first place. Smh. What a hypocrite
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by tightpussy156: 4:15am On Jan 04, 2019
next time use ur glass.700k monthly for a graphic designer.That could be is annual salary.Chinese man no try am.
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by Taiw(m): 5:20am On Jan 04, 2019
Same thing happened to me 2 years back. I got in to discover my mates were earning 400k to 600k while i earned 200k. I was so ashamed of myself.My colleagues all had good cars and I was still trekking. The trick for me was to working harder. I did more hours, late nights.I also got some other side jobs. I focused on my job to make myself noticeable for 6months. I was the first to come and the last to leave. upon confirmation after 6months with no salary review, i summoned the courage to tell my boss (Who you discuss to here is very important).i had 3 bosses. I knew if i tell my direct bosses, they wont do anything. They were insensitive based on previous encounters. Infact they will make jest of you at your back. so i went to meet their boss who was among the 6 most important person in the organization and was very matured. She took the case up and requested for employment status from the HR. A month later, I got a promotion with a massive increase somewhere within that range. It could only be God. Please note, this is not a do or die affair. Prove your worth. If no increase, brush your cv and start looking for somewhere else. I was also ready to quit my job then. goodluck bro

1 Like

Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by abuhusna1: 7:09am On Jan 04, 2019
AZeD1:

Even though you came in with your colleagues at the same time, are you guys on the same level? Are you guys doing the same job?
And what are his colleagues qialications and work experience like, what were their portfolios like. He needs to know why they are being paid premium to be in pains. One thing I know about Chinese is they don't joke with money, I belief those on the high paying roll would soon be sacked once they match all their skills with yours and you both deliver same quality output or you better than them. I see you as their joker card keep up the hard work else u find yourself back with your 40k job
Re: My Salary Is Way Lower Than My Colleagues, I Am In Pains!! (please Advice) by pedrilo: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2019
it is either their work load is way more challenging than urs or the company is a shitty company that treats staff unfairly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Excuse Me, Mr. Self-employment Advocate! / Staff Asked His Nigerian Boss ‘How Are You?’. See Reply / UAC Nigeria Appoints Babasola Folasope As New MD/CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.