Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (347127 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Msticks: 8:30am On Mar 19, 2023
adekunletosin:
It's normal na....

Has her proposed date of travelling elapsed?

If no, just be patient it will arrive before the said date of travelling.

Please are you a student in Germany or you working?

I need to enquire from you on the family reunion as regards proof of funds.

Please I will be glad if we can chat .

My WhatsApp 07037366661

I am not a student. I have no idea the amount for blocked account. I think you can ask here. Someone will answer you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Msticks: 8:31am On Mar 19, 2023
adekunletosin:
It's normal na....

Has her proposed date of travelling elapsed?

If no, just be patient it will arrive before the said date of travelling.

Please are you a student in Germany or you working?

I need to enquire from you on the family reunion as regards proof of funds.

Please I will be glad if we can chat .

My WhatsApp 07037366661

Today is her proposed travel date. So yes, it has elapsed, and still passport has not been received since 3rd of March
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Vee4: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
1. Track the DHL envelope
2. Call/email the consulate
3. Hopefully she didn't make a mistake in her delivery address on the envelope.
4. Approval for her visa may have expired and the consulate requested for another, which is yet to come.
Just call them.
Msticks:

Today is her proposed travel date. So yes, it has elapsed, and still passport has not been received since 3rd of March
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by dpamou: 8:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
Please our seniors in the building.... I have a question đŸ€”.

All those that wrote they went looking for their lawyers themselves. Please where did you people go to ?? Please help us let's go find our own lawyers.

This situation has passed BECAREFULL.

đŸ˜„ 😔 😟

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Msticks: 8:37am On Mar 20, 2023
Hi
Vee4:
4. Approval for her visa may have expired and the consulate requested for another, which is yet to come.
Just call them.

Approval has not expired. Her approval was given 1st of march, in my presence. The guy from ABH approved instantly when i submitted my docs, and few hours later, she was asked to submit passport in Nigeria.
Tracking shows that the package was successfully delivered, and return envelope tracking is not active yet, meaning the have not sent it

We have sent mails, no response. And when you call, the lady that answers call for the embassy is the rudest person in the whole world.
I am also sure her return address is correct.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 10:18am On Mar 20, 2023
Good morning Sir, please did the ABH return your original documents immediately after the approval or they are still holding on to it.
So sorry for the delay, I believe she will receive it this week.

Msticks:
Hi

Approval has not expired. Her approval was given 1st of march, in my presence. The guy from ABH approved instantly when i submitted my docs, and few hours later, she was asked to submit passport in Nigeria.
Tracking shows that the package was successfully delivered, and return envelope tracking is not active yet, meaning the have not sent it

We have sent mails, no response. And when you call, the lady that answers call for the embassy is the rudest person in the whole world.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Msticks: 10:47am On Mar 20, 2023
VERASONDUBABE:
Good morning Sir, please did the ABH return your original documents immediately after the approval or they are still holding on to it.
So sorry for the delay, I believe she will receive it this week.

He just checked and gave it back. Everything, within 30-40 minutes

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by qsawotimiro: 12:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
General info to all concerning Goethe exam reg.

Be informed that there were a lot of interested candidates who booked quickly after booking begins on their website so prospective candidates are advised to stay glued to their devices on their exam registration date between the hours of 9 am and 11 am.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by VERASONDUBABE: 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ok, million thanks Sir

Msticks:

He just checked and gave it back. Everything, within 30-40 minutes
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Damilolamary08: 12:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello everyone
Please has anyone who booked appointment March 2022 gotten appointment mail yet?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Vee4: 1:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
This is crazy. I guess you have to patiently wait.
By the way, was she verified before the Approval email came?
Msticks:
Hi

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Vee4: 1:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
Stay glued to your device Between 8.58am and 9.03am. The portal usually closes before 9.05am.
qsawotimiro:
General info to all concerning Goethe exam reg.

Be informed that there were a lot of interested candidates who booked quickly after booking begins on their website so prospective candidates are advised to stay glued to their devices on their exam registration date between the hours of 9 am and 11 am.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Msticks: 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Vee4:
This is crazy. I guess you have to patiently wait.
By the way, was she verified before the Approval email came?

Yes. she received verification complete email. 2 days later, i was asked to submit my documents from ABH, and then the next day after that, passport request
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Vee4:
Just call them.
Please how long does it take before the approval expires?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by NameNotBlank: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hi fam, how long does the appeal take? Made a family reunion appeal for my spouse since Dec 2022 and no word from the embassy and the Auslander authority in my city.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Vee4: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
3 months
Babbbbbbbbby:

Please how long does it take before the approval expires?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by NakamotoS: 5:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
Same situation. My wife was asked to submit passport and health insurance, which she did. It has been 2 weeks and nothing. Hopefully it doesn't take any longer. It is now literally days to her travel date and the email specifically said to allow 2 weeks. Thank God she added a few more days.

Msticks:
Hi

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wilsonaire: 5:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good day everyone, I am new here. Please I need to enquire on how to go about a remonstration as regards my Family reunion application that was rejected. Also note that my application was rejected because we got
married after my spouse had travelled out to Germany for studies. Although, my spouse is still a student at Germany. I would be grateful to be properly guided on how to achieve a better outcome in my remonstration.
Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Babbbbbbbbby: 10:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
Wilsonaire:
Good day everyone, I am new here. Please I need to enquire on how to go about a remonstration as regards my Family reunion application that was rejected. Also note that my application was rejected because we got
married after my spouse had travelled out to Germany for studies. Although, my spouse is still a student at Germany. I would be grateful to be properly guided on how to achieve a better outcome in my remonstration.
Thanks
Please I need clarification because this is like the third person I am seeing posting here that they got denied family reunion because they got married after their spouse left for Germany. Does it mean that your spouse can't come back and marry you after they have gone to Germany? I did my court in 2020 and prior to this, my husband left for German in 2018, working not studying. In 2021 he came back and we did the TM and church, is this a problem?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Martins00(m): 10:23am On Mar 21, 2023
Wilsonaire:
Thanks

I don't think your application got rejected because you married after your spouse travelled out to Germany for studies. Asides the checklist you are expected to fulfill for the family reunification, your spouse is also expected to fulfill requirements on his part.

For the family reunification visa: Requirements (Applicant)

- Application for family reunification
- valid passport
- current passport photo
- identity card copy of the spouse
- marriage certificate or proof of same-sex partnership
- Proof of German language skills (A1)

For the family reunification visa: Requirements (Spouse in German)
- Identity card, passport or foreign home passport
- Employer's certificate
- Proof of income to ensure subsistence
- Self-employed persons and freelancers:
- Business registration or written description of the activity (if self-employed)
* Certificate from the tax office (information in tax matters)
* Current tax assessment from the tax office
* Certificate of the tax advisor about the average monthly net income
- Health insurance certificate
- Certificate of living space and rental contract or purchase contract with indication of the square meter number
- Proof of existing health insurance as of entry for the subsequent immigration
- Certificate of residence (available at the Residents' Registration Office)

The above requirements also have to be fulfilled on the side of your spouse residing in Germany, most especially that of the income and living space. A minimum of 1,480€ after tax is expected as income for two persons (your spouse and yourself) and the living space where he resides has to be sufficient. The description to what "sufficient" is has been clearly described. Sufficient living space must be available for family reunification with a foreigner (§ 29 para. 1 no. 2 of the Residence Act - AufenthG). Further § 2 para. 4 AufenthG:

"The General Administrative Regulation on the Residence Act of 26.10.2009 speaks in No. 2.4.2 of 12 sqm and that ancillary rooms (kitchen, bathroom, WC) can also be used; a shortfall of this apartment size by about 10% is harmless. The term living space in the sense of the Living Space Ordinance also includes ancillary rooms such as kitchen, bathroom and WC."

It is crucial that your partner fulfills the above requirements before your application could be considered on the side of the respective foreigners' office in Germany. I suppose if your spouse is a student as you mentioned, he has no provable sufficient income.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wilsonaire: 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thank you very much for your response, as it is quite enlightening.
The requirements listed for the applicant seeking the Family Reunion have been completely fulfilled. This was confirmed during my appointment at the Germany Embassy.
But it seems we are yet to fulfill the requirements for my spouse in Germany, because she is still a student.
However, the Embassy clearly stated why they are rejecting my family reunion application. Also, my spouse wasn't even contacted throughout the process till date.
Meanwhile, considering that we had our baby at Germany in November 2023, I believe the Embassy should understand the need for my family to be together; so that I can support my family efficiently, and also ensure that our baby enjoys the benefits of having both parents present in her life. Especially now that my spouse is left to care for the baby while not having a job.
Please, my family really needs my presence with them. I need to support and be there for them. My spouse and I enjoyed the benefits of having both parents to care and support us right birth to when we became adults. This has contributed in no small measure to our turning out to be useful and productive adults, now couples and parents. So we are fully aware of the values and importance of parenthood and family. It would be really devasting for us as a family and society at large, if we are denied the opportunity to replicate that in our daughter.
At this juncture, I would really appreciate it if I can be pointed to the right direct that would lead to actualizing our dream of being together as a family, and our goal of caring and supporting our baby. As it's obvious that since my spouse is without a job at the moment, I would have to step in and step up to the possible requirements.
Thanks for your time.
Best regards.
Martins00:

I don't think your application got rejected because you married after your spouse travelled out to Germany for studies. Asides the checklist you are expected to fulfill for the family reunification, your spouse is also expected to fulfill requirements on his part.

- valid passport
- current passport photo

- Employer's certificate
- Business registration or written description of the activity (if self-employed)
- Certificate of living space and rental contract or purchase contract with indication of the square meter number

The above requirements also have to be fulfilled on the side of your spouse residing in Germany, most especially that of the income and living space. A minimum of 1,480€ after tax is expected as income for two persons (your spouse and yourself) and the living space where he resides has to be sufficient. The description to what "sufficient" is has been clearly described. Sufficient living space must be available for family reunification with a foreigner (§ 29 para. 1 no. 2 of the Residence Act - AufenthG). Further § 2 para. 4 AufenthG:

"The General Administrative Regulation on the Residence Act of 26.10.2009 speaks in No. 2.4.2 of 12 sqm and that ancillary rooms (kitchen, bathroom, WC) can also be used; a shortfall of this apartment size by about 10% is harmless. The term living space in the sense of the Living Space Ordinance also includes ancillary rooms such as kitchen, bathroom and WC."

It is crucial that your partner fulfills the above requirements before your application could be considered on the side of the respective foreigners' office in Germany. I suppose if your spouse is a student as you mentioned, he has no provable sufficient income.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wilsonaire: 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
Wilsonaire:
Thank you very much for your response, as it is quite enlightening.
The requirements listed for the applicant seeking the Family Reunion have been completely fulfilled. This was confirmed during my appointment at the Germany Embassy.
But it seems we are yet to fulfill the requirements for my spouse in Germany, because she is still a student.
However, the Embassy clearly stated why they are rejecting my family reunion application. Also, my spouse wasn't even contacted throughout the process till date.
Meanwhile, considering that we had our baby at Germany in 2023, I believe the Embassy should understand the need for my family to be together; so that I can support my family efficiently, and also ensure that our baby enjoys the benefits of having both parents present in her life. Especially now that my spouse is left to care for the baby while not having a job.
Please, my family really needs my presence with them. I need to support and be there for them. My spouse and I enjoyed the benefits of having both parents to care and support us right birth to when we became adults. This has contributed in no small measure to our turning out to be useful and productive adults, now couples and parents. So we are fully aware of the values and importance of parenthood and family. It would be really devasting for us as a family and society at large, if we are denied the opportunity to replicate that in our child.
At this juncture, I would really appreciate it if I can be pointed to the right direct that would lead to actualizing our dream of being together as a family, and our goal of caring and supporting our baby. As it's obvious that since my spouse is without a job at the moment, I would have to step in and step up to the possible requirements.
Thanks for your time.
Best regards.
Martins00:

- valid passport
- current passport photo

- Employer's certificate

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Wunme: 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
NameNotBlank:
Hi fam, how long does the appeal take? Made a family reunion appeal for my spouse since Dec 2022 and no word from the embassy and the Auslander authority in my city.

If by appeal, you mean an appeal to get an earlier appointment date, then you may have to write them again. Usually, they either respond same day/almost immediately or they send an interview/appointment email to your spouse.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by MarkGud(m): 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
[quote author=Wunme post=121953601]

If by appeal, you mean an appeal to get an earlier appointment date, then you may have to write them again. Usually, they either respond same day/almost immediately or they send an interview/appointment email to your sp
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by abdulmuqeet55(m): 8:31am On Mar 23, 2023
Hello i just want to go to germany to join my Husband but if i go with Family reunion visa it will take 3 to 4 years to be approved that's why i want to go with study visa. Now I am following this guide to apply for visa and manage the process https://toptraveladvice.com/blog/reasons-why-should-you-study-in-germany/.
If any one know some additional information, tips or advices then kindly let me know.
Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by justt: 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hello, please I need clarification on one of the checklist for family reunion as highlighted below:

Marriage certificates and divorce decrees of any previous marriages of the spouse

Affidavit* from a parent or the head of the family on the applicant's marital status (“Declaration of Spinsterhood/Bachelorhood”).

Is the b part applicable to married people? I'm wondering how someone who is married can still be declaring spinsterhood/bachelorhood đŸ€”
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by heybaby12(f): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
abdulmuqeet55:
Hello i just want to go to germany to join my Husband but if i go with Family reunion visa it will take 3 to 4 years to be approved that's why i want to go with study visa. Now I am following this guide to apply for visa and manage the process https://toptraveladvice.com/blog/reasons-why-should-you-study-in-germany/.
If any one know some additional information, tips or advices then kindly let me know.
Thanks.

It all depends on what your Hubby is doing in Germany, if he is already working it's even faster. I does not take 3-4 years. E never bad reach so.

Schooling takes about 15- 24months from the day you apply for date until the day you get your Visa. Except you finished with a first class in the last 2 years

So you see there are almost the same.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ROAA: 2:04pm On Mar 23, 2023
[quote author=Msticks post=121903529]Hi

Tracking shows that the package was successfully delivered, and return envelope tracking is not active yet, meaning the have not sent it.

Hello, has your wife gotten her passport now? Did she change her passport after her interview? Like submitting a new passport that has your last name instead of her maiden name? Do you live in the North? I know of someone who submitted a new passport that now has her husband’s last name instead of the one she used in applying earlier, and this caused a delay. I also know of someone that lives in the north and didn’t get her passport returned early enough. I submitted my passport few days after your wife and I got it back in less than five days. Please check that all balances on you end, then send an appealing email to them. One thing I have learnt is to always try to appeal instead of demand, feed their ego and you will get all the information you require. All the best.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by curious123: 2:28pm On Mar 23, 2023
Yes it’s applicable to married people. It’s basically an affidavit which will be done by either your mum or dad (if they are both late then an older person in your family) stating that before you got married on (date of your marriage) you were not married to any1 before. The person swearing the affidavit will also attach their passport picture to the document

justt:
Hello, please I need clarification on one of the checklist for family reunion as highlighted below:

Marriage certificates and divorce decrees of any previous marriages of the spouse

Affidavit* from a parent or the head of the family on the applicant's marital status (“Declaration of Spinsterhood/Bachelorhood”).

Is the b part applicable to married people? I'm wondering how someone who is married can still be declaring spinsterhood/bachelorhood đŸ€”
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Vee4: 4:12pm On Mar 23, 2023
Waiting time for study and reunion visa is same. If your husband is already working, good. Instead of starting your PR/Citizenship journey after 8 years through study visa, you can start same journey after 3 years with reunion visa.
abdulmuqeet55:
Thanks.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by justt: 4:53pm On Mar 23, 2023
curious123:
Yes it’s applicable to married people. It’s basically an affidavit which will be done by either your mum or dad (if they are both late then an older person in your family) stating that before you got married on (date of your marriage) you were not married to any1 before. The person swearing the affidavit will also attach their passport picture to the document

Alright, thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.