Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,809 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (344523 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=New80 post=103734669]
I haven't done mine yet . Yes you can do it in Nigeria

Ok thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 11:09pm On Jul 15, 2021
[quote author=beatemp post=103744605]

I used axa mansard https://www.axamansard.com/insurance/travel/plans

Thanks alot
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 11:26pm On Jul 15, 2021
@ Nwadiokay, the embassy has sent me an email since September last year dat my Document verification was successful Bt bcoz I applied for my child a German passport as d embassy instructed, I've not bin asked to bring my passport or health insurance, they'll gv both together wen they r done wt d document verification of my child, I applied for a German passport for my child in October last year, got appointment for interview in December, lawyer came for verification of birth certificate in April and since den am still waiting, by God's Grace dis year will not pass me by. the earlier you apply for a passport or visa for ur child or children depending on your case, d better, so that they give mother and child d same tmy, unless you are ready to travel without your child. God will help us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2021
@ nwadiokay tell ur spouse to book d appointment for passport from Germany btw d hours of 1am to 3am. you will get a closer date and booking from Germany is better dan booking from Nigeria. just talking out of experience though cos my child has a Nigerian passport already bt the embassy said I shld apply for a German passport. Wish you all the best
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by helen5991: 5:03am On Jul 16, 2021
Hello house
I already booked an appointment for German passport for my twins last month,but I'm not ready to apply for family reunion cus my husband just wants them to have the passport for now. Please has anyone gone through a successful german passport application for his or her child ,if yes,how long did it take? Thank you.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nwadiokay: 11:16am On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=Oriaku1 post=103746111]Jesu plz don't let me faint.... My lawyer visited in June, I am eagerly waiting to hear from d embassy dat my identity has bin verified... I pray they don't ask me 2 apply 4 German passport 4 my son oooh... Dats like another journey, not really ready 4 Dat.

Since the lawyer has done your verification, I don't think they will contact you for German passport. Just pray about it. But did you apply for family reunion (child joining parent) for your baby and did the lawyer did verification for the both of you?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nwadiokay: 11:22am On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=mercy444 post=103751435]@ Nwadiokay, the embassy has sent me an email since September last year dat my Document verification was successful Bt bcoz I applied for my child a German passport as d embassy instructed, I've not bin asked to bring my passport or health insurance, they'll gv both together wen they r done wt d document verification of my child, I applied for a German passport for my child in October last year, got appointment for interview in December, lawyer came for verification of birth certificate in April and since den am still waiting, by God's Grace dis year will not pass me by. the earlier you apply for a passport or visa for ur child or children depending on your case, d better, so that they give mother and child d same tmy, unless you are ready to travel without your child. God will help us all. Amen
I applied for my baby's German passport last year August and the lawyer came for verification October but I have not heard from the embassy since then
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2021
[quote author=Nwadiokay post=103764574][/quote] please tell ur spouse to get a lawyer from Germany. it's taking quite a long tmy.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 12:53am On Jul 17, 2021
@Nwadiokay yes I applied for him and d lawyer did his verification too.... I've not gotten mail yet Dat our identity has bin verified. We are praying and hoping dis new week we will get d mail.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Lawrencium1900: 5:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
[quote author=Nwadiokay post=103764397][/quote]
A lawyer also visited my spouse in June too. After this visit, what are the next steps and expectations?
How long would it usually take to get a response from the embassy after the lawyers visit?
The waiting is like forever smiley
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Soraco57(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hello, I have a brother who works as production supervisor in aluminum industries in Dubai, under what type of employment category can e apply for works in Germany !! And what qualifications and any links please!! Thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
[quote author=beatemp post=103744605]

I used axa mansard https://www.axamansard.com/insurance/travel/plans/

The duration should have been stated on the email requesting for travel insurance[/quote)

Is it a must that one should travel on the date he indicated. What if its shifted to other date so far the Visa hasn't expired .
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jkong: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
beatemp:

Hi Jkong

Did you have to show the immigration officers your contract or any other documentation at the airport?

Thanks

sorry for the late response. Yes (Not the Nigerian officials) but In Germany.

I took a direct flight but if you're using a connecting flight then, you'll have to show it twice
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by jkong: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2021
pidgintutor:

What airline you used?

Lufthansa. It's more expensive but I wanted a direct flight to Germany and I didn't want to apply for a Transit Visa from the other Embassies
But if you want to save some $ You can use Turkish airlines or British airways.

Just check if you need a Transit Visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by nuel80: 8:06pm On Jul 18, 2021
DHA10:
Please house, a friend wants to know where to get the travel health insurance as requested by the embassy, her hubby wants to get from Germany but doesn't know how to go about it. Where can he get the travel health insurance from for those who traveled recently (which office can he get it from) ?? . Can she get the travel health insurance from here(Nigeria) as well and where??. Which one is better, getting it from here(Nigeria)or there(Germany) . Secondly , What's the time duration for the travel health insurance @New 80 and others who did recently please help !

The person can use Mowisa from Germany or AXA Mansaard, I used to think it was owned by GTB until I saw their office here in Germany.
The health insurance can be for a maximum of 90 days starting from your day of departure from Nigeria
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
nuel80:

The person can use Mowisa from Germany or AXA Mansaard, I used to think it was owned by GTB until I saw their office here in Germany.
The health insurance can be for a maximum of 90 days starting from your day of departure from Nigeria

Thanks �, do you know if it's a must that one must travel on the date he indicated, what if he changes to another date , but travels within the 3 months before the expiration of his visa
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Firstlady001: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
DHA10:

Thanks �, do you know if it's a must that one must travel on the date he indicated, what if he changes to another date , but travels within the 3 months before the expiration of his visa

No it's not compulsory to travel on the day your visa starts, but you must travel before your visa expires. For me, I travelled a week after the date my visa started counting.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by helen5991: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2021
Hello house,please how long does it generally take to receive an appointment date for a child German passport application, thanks.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by lecksam(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2021
Please my experience people in the house...how long does it take For embassy to make a decision on an appeal ( student visa) ..it's been 9 weeks since i sent my remonstration letter which was acknowledged..is it normal to be this long ? And Is there a way i can enquire about it ? thanks
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2021
Firstlady001:

No it's not compulsory to travel on the day your visa starts, but you must travel before your visa expires. For me, I travelled a week after the date my visa started counting.

Thanks @firstlady001
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hi everyone! Good evening I'm Ade ���
I have been following these forums and I really wish there was more detail with regards to work visas. I am a recent graduate ��� but I am a seasoned programmer and I got a job as a software developer in Germany. My company is really awesome and there's an organization paid to handle their relocation processing but I'm still a little stumped here. At this stage in the process, my relocation buddy sent me a guideline for the motivation letter and I sent back my draft for her to go through. She's not satisfied lol ��� can someone share the exact reason they put as their drive to work in Germany? I don't really see how I can link up Germany's strong economy with the software I build.

Here was part of her feedback this evening (it's not complete because I have rectified the other things she pointed out):

There are a couple of things that I would like to point out:
- I also love the work/life balance in Germany, but I'm not sure whether this is something that you should point out as the main motivation for your relocation. I would rather point out an aspect in relation to the economy, the German IT sector, etc

I think you sold yourself and your qualifications really well but your motivation to work with ***** seems a bit too generic to me. We need to convince the officer also that ***** is the only fit for you so that there is no other option but you going to Germany.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Deborah75: 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I had my interview on 1 April 2021.. it being 3 months now and I haven't heard anything from them, not even a call from a lawyer, does anyone have a similar situation??
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
Deborah75:
Hello everyone, I had my interview on 1 April 2021.. it being 3 months now and I haven't heard anything from them, not even a call from a lawyer, does anyone have a similar situation??

This is unusual girlfriend, have you mailed them or call? Did they ask for a document that you delayed in submitting?
Did you check your spam/junk mails?
Or maybe the next thing you would hear is 'kindly bring your passport, travel date and health insurance'

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Deborah75: 4:49am On Jul 20, 2021
[quote author=modelly post=103882895]

This is unusual girlfriend, have you mailed them or call? Did they ask for a document that you delayed in submitting?
Did you check your spam/junk mails?
Or maybe the next thing you would hear is 'kindly bring your passport, travel date and health insurance'[/quotes.

I haven't mail or call them, they didn't ask me to submit any documents
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2021
[quote author=Deborah75 post=103888288][/quote]

Relax the lawyer will contact you soon. At times delays are from some laywers. Calling and mailing them might portray desperation. Just be prayerful
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 9:51am On Jul 20, 2021
Firstlady001:

How did the embassy returned your documents to you, if via courier do you need to indicate , does one needs to pay for it . Please I want to know
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Deborah75: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2021
DHA10:

Thanks I appreciate ��

Relax the lawyer will contact you soon. At times delays are from some laywers. Calling and mailing them might portray desperation. Just be prayerful
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2021
I just called d embassy this morning and d machine said d visa section is close cuz of the new covid-19... I don't understand dis ppl I swear... I am so tired.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2021
adeotun:
Hi everyone! Good evening I'm Ade ���
I have been following these forums and I really wish there was more detail with regards to work visas. I am a recent graduate ��� but I am a seasoned programmer and I got a job as a software developer in Germany. My company is really awesome and there's an organization paid to handle their relocation processing but I'm still a little stumped here. At this stage in the process, my relocation buddy sent me a guideline for the motivation letter and I sent back my draft for her to go through. She's not satisfied lol ��� can someone share the exact reason they put as their drive to work in Germany? I don't really see how I can link up Germany's strong economy with the software I build.

Here was part of her feedback this evening (it's not complete because I have rectified the other things she pointed out):

There are a couple of things that I would like to point out:
- I also love the work/life balance in Germany, but I'm not sure whether this is something that you should point out as the main motivation for your relocation. I would rather point out an aspect in relation to the economy, the German IT sector, etc

I think you sold yourself and your qualifications really well but your motivation to work with ***** seems a bit too generic to me. We need to convince the officer also that ***** is the only fit for you so that there is no other option but you going to Germany.

I've finally been able to edit my letter of motivation to something more suitable, even I am proud of myself. Now the issue is I am not sure of who the letter should be addressed to. This is what I have now, should I go through with this?

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany,
P.O. Box 72800, Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

Dear Consular Officer,
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2021
Oriaku1:
I just called d embassy this morning and d machine said d visa section is close cuz of the new covid-19... I don't understand dis ppl I swear... I am so tired.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2021
Oriaku1:

my dear jst calm down and be prayerful dats all you need now. please be encouraged. you are not the only one in that situation but trust me it will surely end in praise. Amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (188) (Reply)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.