Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries (346451 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (188) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2021
Oriaku1:
I just called d embassy this morning and d machine said d visa section is close cuz of the new covid-19... I don't understand dis ppl I swear... I am so tired.

Think it is only for day. Saw the below on their website
"Please be informed that the Embassy and the Consulate General will be closed on Tuesday, 20th July 2021''. You can call back tomorrow or next working day
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2021
Amen... ���

mercy444:

my dear jst calm down and be prayerful dats all you need now. please be encouraged. you are not the only one in that situation but trust me it will surely end in praise. Amen
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2021
Okay, thanks!!!

modelly:

Think it is only for day. Saw the below on their website
"Please be informed that the Embassy and the Consulate General will be closed on Tuesday, 20th July 2021''. You can call back tomorrow or next working day
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Bonn2007: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks alot for your reply.
heybaby12:

Yes the language Can be a barrier but since he said job is secured ,I would say Germany.

1) no school fees until the peak of the kids education

2) no extra hidden charges on health insurance for normal clinic waka sha.

3) you get off work anyhow with excuss of wanting to watch after your kids (don't over push It anyways)

In my opinion If job is secured I would pick Germany over and over again.

Oh and I forgot. Security is another added advantage

Ps. I never stay UK sha. So this is from my stay in Germany
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2021
please is there any group dat talks about German passport for children and updates. This group talks only abt work visa and family reunion visa. plz if such group exist, plz hlp me with the link so that I can join and follow up on updates. tnkz alot.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2021
Hello everyone.
Please help me out here. when the embassy asks that you send your passport, travel insurance and travel date. Is it advisable to book your flight too or wait until the date is approved? Thanks in advance
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by New80: 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
Fabulousaify:
Hello everyone.
Please help me out here. when the embassy asks that you send your passport, travel insurance and travel date. Is it advisable to book your flight too or wait until the date is approved? Thanks in advance
I think it's better when you receive your visa, its even stated in their site.
For someone who has gotten to this stage its just a matter of days or weeks, it won't hurt to have a little more patience.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 10:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
Thanks alot

New80:

I think it's better when you receive your visa, its even stated in their site.
For someone who has gotten to this stage its just a matter of days or weeks, it won't hurt to have a little more patience.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by QueenieDar(f): 2:00am On Jul 22, 2021
Hi everyone!
Please fellow ladies I wish to know, did you book family reunion visa appointment with your maiden passport or the new passport with husband's surname?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 4:33am On Jul 22, 2021
The new passport with husband's surname

QueenieDar:
Hi everyone!
Please fellow ladies I wish to know, did you book family reunion visa appointment with your maiden passport or the new passport with husband's surname?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DebbyD1(m): 4:36am On Jul 22, 2021
QueenieDar:
Hi everyone!

I don't think it matters if it's with your maiden name or husband's surname. The most important thing is that you book with the passport that you'd present at the time of the interview. So if you plan to do change of name, you should get it done quickly and then apply for an appointment. If not, you can already apply with the passport that carries your maiden name.

P.S. I'm not a "fellow lady" grin
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by QueenieDar(f): 9:14am On Jul 22, 2021
DebbyD1:

I don't think it matters if it's with your maiden name or husband's surname. The most important thing is that you book with the passport that you'd present at the time of the interview. So if you plan to do change of name, you should get it done quickly and then apply for an appointment. If not, you can already apply with the passport that carries your maiden name.

P.S. I'm not a "fellow lady" grin

Fabulousaify:
The new passport with husband's surname

Thanks! I booked appointment with maiden passport on February, did change of name and got new passport this July. I have cancelled and book again. Thank you
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nwadiokay: 10:39am On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=mercy444 post=103949493]please is there any group dat talks about German passport for children and updates. This group talks only abt work visa and family reunion visa. plz if such group exist, plz hlp me with the link so that I can join and follow up on updates. tnkz alot.
I have searched online and I didn't see. Even on their website. I'm in the same situation too. It seems they started this German passport application newly.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 2:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
QueenieDar:
Hi everyone!
Booking with your husband's name will save you a lot of stress in the future

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=Nwadiokay post=103966004][/quote] have you gone for the interview and has ur lawyer come for the child's document verification?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
[quote author=Nwadiokay post=103966004][/quote] Have you gone for the interview and has ur lawyer come for d child's document verification?
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 8:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Hi dear, have u notify d embassy abt ur new bundle of joy? And have they responded 2 u?

Fabulousaify:
Hello everyone.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2021
No i haven't. Still contemplating if i should send my passport, travel insurance and date of departure that they asked me to send before i write them that i put to bed while waiting for my visa. As it stands now I'm even confused, someone told me this evening that if i do not travel that i might have to start the whole family reunion process from the beginning. I'm tired

Oriaku1:
Hi dear, have u notify d embassy abt ur new bundle of joy? And have they responded 2 u?

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Oriaku1: 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2021
I will advice u inform them that you have put to bed first.

Fabulousaify:
No i haven't. Still contemplating if i should send my passport, travel insurance and date of departure that they asked me to send before i write them that i put to bed while waiting for my visa. As it stands now I'm even confused, someone told me this evening that if i do not travel that i might have to start the whole family reunion process from the beginning. I'm tired

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pidgintutor: 7:37am On Jul 23, 2021
jkong:

Lufthansa. It's more expensive but I wanted a direct flight to Germany and I didn't want to apply for a Transit Visa from the other Embassies
But if you want to save some $ You can use Turkish airlines or British airways.

Just check if you need a Transit Visa

I used KLM but I didn't need a transit visa.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by pidgintutor: 7:42am On Jul 23, 2021
adeotun:
Hi everyone! Good evening I'm Ade ���
I have been following these forums and I really wish there was more detail with regards to work visas. I am a recent graduate ��� but I am a seasoned programmer and I got a job as a software developer in Germany. My company is really awesome and there's an organization paid to handle their relocation processing but I'm still a little stumped here. At this stage in the process, my relocation buddy sent me a guideline for the motivation letter and I sent back my draft for her to go through. She's not satisfied lol ��� can someone share the exact reason they put as their drive to work in Germany? I don't really see how I can link up Germany's strong economy with the software I build.

Here was part of her feedback this evening (it's not complete because I have rectified the other things she pointed out):

There are a couple of things that I would like to point out:
- I also love the work/life balance in Germany, but I'm not sure whether this is something that you should point out as the main motivation for your relocation. I would rather point out an aspect in relation to the economy, the German IT sector, etc

I think you sold yourself and your qualifications really well but your motivation to work with ***** seems a bit too generic to me. We need to convince the officer also that ***** is the only fit for you so that there is no other option but you going to Germany.

I dont remember spend time on the motivation letter. Maybe I was lucky but I wrote that letter a day to the interview

see what i sent

My name is ***, a graduate of Optometry from the University of Benin Nigeria. I was an eye doctor for a while before I made the switch to tech. Here are a few reasons that motivated that switch;

Firstly, I have always had a curious mind and tech has always fascinated me the most. Why did things work? How did they work? Are some of the questions that puzzled my young mind. This curiosity led me to google and that was the beginning of what would later lead to a career switch.

Secondly, although I was an eye doctor, I considered tech geeks to be extremely smart people and I wanted to feel that kind of smartness too. I began asking questions and finding answers on Google, Youtube and other online resources. It wasn’t long before I started to love tech with passion.

Finally, I see myself as a problem solver and I feel tech is the tool I need to solve some problems in the world.

In addition, I would love to continue my tech journey of solving problems in the Federal Republic of Germany.

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by DHA10: 1:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Fabulousaify:

Is it not better, you send them mail notifying them of your delivery and as well as the things the requested from you. So that the will be able to tell you what to do. If you collect your visa today you will still not travel , unless you want to travel without your baby. Unless you decide to go without your baby and come back when you're done with your papers over there .So the question is will you be comfortable leaving him in the care of another?. If you can't just let them know immediately and wait for their reply. The wait can only be months not years. My opinion though

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2021
[quote author=DHA10 post=104007188][/quote. abt the wait, I've bin waiting since April wen d lawyer came for my own child's verification, I snt dem an email and they said that they r still working on his document verification , that if I wish to travel without my baby, I shld let dem know. Am jst waiting and praying as I hv no choice dan to wait and pray.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:06am On Jul 24, 2021
oh wow... thanks

pidgintutor:

I dont remember spend time on the motivation letter. Maybe I was lucky but I wrote that letter a day to the interview

see what i sent
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ndewogermany: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2021
Fabulousaify:

many of us suffer in silent here. I really pity the good hearted Nigerians. we do suffering and smiling. I remember posting a lot of things here when i was in your shoes and no one cared and people that I messaged did not even reply me. Thank God my family is with me now. I fought the fight with God and won.

my advise to you is that you should never travel without your baby. write them asap and tell them about your newborn. that will even expedite the process of your newborn. They will not do verification for your newborn. They will only request for the passport and birth certificate. I believe when you went for interview, they knew you were pregnant?. furthermore, Embassy read every email you send them but they are not obliged to reply you. by law, email is not German form of communication. write them the convectional way ( by post). If you do not get reply. write to their head quarters in berlin ( 509-visa@zentrale.auswaertiges-amt.de). they will reply you and send the email to Lagos on your behalf.

Finally, do not relent. as long as you do not forge any of your documents. They are by law obliged to honor your application. They can only delay it but never forever.

Those of you that hoard information. continue and those of you that are good, please keep being good. God has a way of rewarding you in one way or the other.

Tschuss.....

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by Fabulousaify(f): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2021
God bless you

ndewogermany:

many of us suffer in silent here. I really pity the good hearted Nigerians. we do suffering and smiling. I remember posting a lot of things here when i was in your shoes and no one cared and people that I messaged did not even reply me. Thank God my family is with me now. I fought the fight with God and won.

my advise to you is that you should never travel without your baby. write them asap and tell them about your newborn. that will even expedite the process of your newborn. They will not do verification for your newborn. They will only request for the passport and birth certificate. I believe when you went for interview, they knew you were pregnant?. furthermore, Embassy read every email you send them but they are not obliged to reply you. by law, email is not German form of communication. write them the convectional way ( by post). If you do not get reply. write to their head quarters in berlin ( 509-visa@zentrale.auswaertiges-amt.de). they will reply you and send the email to Lagos on your behalf.

Finally, do not relent. as long as you do not forge any of your documents. They are by law obliged to honor your application. They can only delay it but never forever.

Those of you that hoard information. continue and those of you that are good, please keep being good. God has a way of rewarding you in one way or the other.

Tschuss.....
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 11:19am On Jul 24, 2021
ndewogermany:

Tschuss.....

I have written to their headquarters in Berlin thru that email address bt still they haven't replied me. please do u knw watelse I can do? they still came for my baby's document verification cos they said I shld pay 100k at the embassy which I did, since April d lawyer came for document verification of jst his birth certificate, since den I've not hrd anything from dem, I've written several mails to both d embassy. both my husband and I yet they dnt replied, my husband contacted d foreign office of his city bt they said there's nothing they can do, dat we shld jst kip contacting the embassy. my baby is 9months nw and still I don't know my faith, I started dis process wen he was jst 1month plus. I jst pray that God helps me and any1 in dis type of situation. Amen
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by ndewogermany: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2021
mercy444:

I have written to their headquarters in Berlin thru that email address bt still they haven't replied me. please do u knw watelse I can do? they still came for my baby's document verification cos they said I shld pay 100k at the embassy which I did, since April d lawyer came for document verification of jst his birth certificate, since den I've not hrd anything from dem, I've written several mails to both d embassy. both my husband and I yet they dnt replied, my husband contacted d foreign office of his city bt they said there's nothing they can do, dat we shld jst kip contacting the embassy. my baby is 9months nw and still I don't know my faith, I started dis process wen he was jst 1month plus. I jst pray that God helps me and any1 in dis type of situation. Amen

I honestly know how you feel. you need answers urgently. your case is different because your baby is no longer a newborn and u might not have notified them of your pregnancy during your visa process. that is why they are doing that verification and besides, your applying for a German passport. Germans do not give it any of their documents easily, they deliberately want you to suffer for it so that you will cherish it when you get it.
This is summer time in Germany and most Germans are on holidays, so do not expect urgent reply. relax and exercise patience. but keep sending emails bacuase they read all their emails and deliberately ignore it.

The auslanderbehörde in Germany do not like to interfere with lagos visa process, though they have the right to interfere but will choose not to interfere because of German law of amt independency. in my friends case , the lawyer wrote to both Auslandebehorde and lagos consulate but lagos never replied until after dead line the lawyer gave them. please relax, i will advise you to remove your mind from it but keep writing email to them, it is your right. your husband pays a lot of tax and they must honor it. they can only delay it but not forever.

1 Like

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
ndewogermany:

I honestly know how you feel. you need answers urgently. your case is different because your baby is no longer a newborn and u might not have notified them of your pregnancy during your visa process. that is why they are doing that verification and besides, your applying for a German passport. Germans do not give it any of their documents easily, they deliberately want you to suffer for it so that you will cherish it when you get it.
This is summer time in Germany and most Germans are on holidays, so do not expect urgent reply. relax and exercise patience. but keep sending emails bacuase they read all their emails and deliberately ignore it.

The auslanderbehörde in Germany do not like to interfere with lagos visa process, though they have the right to interfere but will choose not to interfere because of German law of amt independency. in my friends case , the lawyer wrote to both Auslandebehorde and lagos consulate but lagos never replied until after dead line the lawyer gave them. please relax, i will advise you to remove your mind from it but keep writing email to them, it is your right. your husband pays a lot of tax and they must honor it. they can only delay it but not forever.
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by mercy444(f): 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
ndewogermany:

The embassy was aware of my pregnancy wen I was still pregnant. I wrote several emails while I was pregnant and it was in one of them dat they told me dat once the child is born, I shld apply for a German passport since my husband is a citizen, I booked appointment immediately I put to birth so I dnt understand Wat u r saying. they r d ones dat has delayed me up till now .even wen the lawyer came for my documents verification while I was pregnant, he wrote in his report which the lady who interviewed me during my son's interview for passport application confirmed it. I will kip writing dem emails bt jst for others to b aware. if you are applying for passport for your child or children or if it's family reunion visa. the lawyer MUST COME for document verification. All my friends who have kids and passed thru this process, their lawyers came for document verification for their children. tnk u
Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by modelly: 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2021
modelly:

Got my appointment mail yesterday, hope you have gotten yours?
My spouse has been contacted. To God be the glory

2 Likes

Re: General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries by New80: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
modelly:

My spouse has been contacted. To God be the glory
Wow, congrats. yours is really fast

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (188) (Reply)

Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Giving Birth In Brazil / Somali Girls Are The Most Beautiful In Africa!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.