Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions (17262 Views)

Salary Arrears: Labour Unions Laud Adeleke / Tinubu Meets With Labour Unions, Promise To Put An End To ASUU Strikes (Video) / Reno Omokri Reacts To Peter Obi's Defection To Labour Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2019

… Present minimum wage bill, Aremu tells President

John Ameh and Tunde Oyekola

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday appealed to various labour unions in the country to reduce their agitations to enable his administration to concentrate on repairing damaged infrastructure.

He spoke during a meeting with the executive committee of the National Association of Nigerian Students at the State House in Abuja.

Buhari specifically mentioned the Academic Staff Union of Universities and urged the striking teachers to appreciate the efforts of his administration at fixing collapsed infrastructure.

“In three-and-a-half years, we have improved tremendously on what we met. We are trying to do infrastructure.

“No matter which part of the country you come from, you will see the efforts we are making in terms of roads; we are trying to fix rails, we are trying to do power, through the use of gas and solar. If you note what we have done in these three-and-a-half years, you will not regret voting this administration into power”, a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, quoted Buhari as saying.

Buhari added he would speak to ASUU to call off the current industrial action “so that they don’t encroach on your efforts to qualify (graduate) in time.”

In a veiled reference to the call by ASUU that the government should meet its financial demands, Buhari told the students that he had laid bare the income and expenditure of the government in the 2019 budget for all to see.

“There is a tendency for you to think that you can do better than anybody, but it is very good for you to know the facts that leadership entails”, he added.

https://punchng.com/strikes-allow-me-to-concentrate-buhari-tells-labour-unions/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2019
Allow you to concentrate on inflicting more hardship on Nigerians .

Everything has gone up in the market, yet you refused to increase workers salary .
What type of leader from Hell are you?

Only your family and friends are benefitting massively from your corrupt government .. while civil servants live in abject poverty because it gives you joy to see people suffer.

192 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by PharmaGirl(f): 7:53am On Jan 04, 2019
Can you imagine? We should allow you concentrate on fixing damaged infrastructure? What exactly have you fixed?

There is a tendency for you to think that you can do better than anybody, but it is very good for you to know the facts that leadership entails”, he added.
You just realized this?
Btw
there's also a tendency for you to think you'll perform better in a second tenure but that's a big joke. It won't happen.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Topccy007z: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2019
I wonder what he's even concentrating on.

What kind of stewpid mistake did Nigerians put in Aso rock sef?

You kept masturbatin with Naija for years and you are asking for concentration.

Na wa o!

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by anambraamaka: 8:01am On Jan 04, 2019
Wetin you use the 4 years concentrate do?

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Tunasco4u(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
True talk these same distraction that cause the fall of the past government

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by netpro(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
It will never be well with anyone trying to hold our Nigeria and Democracy hostage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Lolzzzz

Labour ntooorrrr

Sai baba done dey kai baba una minimum wage...

I pity the gullible ones still supporting this man.

25 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019

We sane, good, honest and hardworking Nigerians are with you Daddy!

YOU WILL NEVER AND CAN NEVER WALK ALONE.

We are solidly behind you sir.

GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

4 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by supereagle(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
My president you know how to handle distractions if you could handle that of KANU and Igbos foolishness, no distraction will overrun you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by dermmy(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Lol
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by yjgm(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
They should sheath their swords
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Allow you to concentrate on inflicting more hardship on Nigerians .

Everything has gone up in the market, yet you refused to increase workers salary .
What type of leader from Hell are you?

Only your family and friends are benefitting massively from your corrupt government .. while civil servants live in abject poverty because of your refusal to increase minimum wage .

Take it easy sir.
It will end in praise.
The foundation has been destroyed beyond repair by looters and corrupt thieves.
We are on the right track.
Nigeria will be great again.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by CriticMaestro: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Concentrate on re-election ot further worsen the security and econonic situation of the country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Flexherbal(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
2019, the people will decide!

3 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Ogun will kill you & your children. Nigeria is burning in every sector and you want to concentrate.

Resign & go back to your village. You have failed every Nigerian except those on your pay-list.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by hisexcellency34: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
After blaming Jonathan and PDP, it is now NLC

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by budosky(m): 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Concretrate kwa?

4 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by franklypaen: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2019
Please you guys shouldn't over stress the old man
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by ainas247: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
smiley Concentrate on what..? Minimum wage is part of what you should concentrate o. Sir..

Put your business on Google check my profile

6 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by CriticMaestro: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
post=74434172:

It will end in praise.
The same way we waited for goodluck term to end in praise

6 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by originals1(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
G
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by OogarData: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Concentrate on what exactly

4 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Olaskybab: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Dz man wicked sha undecided

5 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by KEVIND: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
South Africa increases minimum wage to N126,480

As Nigeria struggles with N30,000 minimum wage, its counterpart, South Africa has concluded plans to pay her workers N126,480 per month.
This according to the South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, would take effect from January 1, 2019 and would benefit about six million workers that currently earn R3,700 (N97,495).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/just-in-south-africa-increases-minimum-wage-to-n126480/

This is how a President that has the interest of her work force do (South Africa). Anyways, I don't blame Buhari, I blame that man who calls himself labour chairman-Ayuba Wabba and the lame duck called TUC president-Comrade Bobboi Bala Kaigama.

17 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by deafeyez: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Concentrate do wetin.

4 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Finnese001: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Ok
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by GentleMoney: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Speedo17(m): 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Wow!
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by nonoski: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
Lol
Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by Jungpablo: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2019
yeye president so now he wants to blame the unions for the past 4 wasted years abi grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Allow Me To Concentrate - Buhari To Labour Unions by wristbangle: 8:04am On Jan 04, 2019
Quality education and good income is not too bad to ask.

We can't pretend our current predicament is manageable when infact Inflation and decay in our education system makes it difficult for graduate to be gainfully employed or be self employed.

The curriculum of our educational standards is still in the 15th century while our per capita income remains the lowest in the world. It's not too much to settle for 30k minimum wage. The money is there. The government should stop lying to us.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oshiomhole's Removal : We Haven’t Been Served Any Court Document – APC / Edo Governorship Primaries: PDP Unveils Screening Committee / Nobody Can Stop FG From Probing #EndSARS Protesters - Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.