Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

"Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" (37698 Views)

Ladies Who Wear Wigs Almost All The Time, How Do You Cope? / Why Do Some Nigerian Men Bleach Their Skin? / Clairol Bw2 Hair Bleach, Developer, Adore Semi Permanent Hair Dye For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2019
Paxie55:
But truth be told, Nigerian men are hypocrites.
They will advice the dark ladies not to bleach, but keep going after the fair ones.

If they wanna do video shoot, na fair ladies.
Miss this or that, na fair ladies.
So, what encouragement are you giving the dark skinned ones.

My dad married fair woman cos he loves fair ladies, my bro wants to follow suit.
So,what options do you guys have for the dark skinned ones for encouragement.
Op, I think it's their body too, let's mind our business.

me too.. Mom's fair. I will marry a fair lady Biko... naturally fair. cos I want a fair daughter that I will pamper. The boys can take whichever color they choose. I don't bloody care. grin
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Emaprince: 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2019
Paxie55:

I'm talking about our contemporary men that suddenly grew affection for fair ladies.
I don't know where all this is coming from... Because from what I see everyday, dark-skinned girls get a lot of attention too.

As far as the girl has a good ass and boobies.. Which is usually the most important feature to admire, what else? Fair skin is nonsense abeg. Who fair skin epp?

Be beautiful the way you are
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 05, 2019
Still on this ish of skin colour shocked Ah!!!
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
ikennaf1:

me too.. Mom's fair. I will marry a fair lady Biko... naturally fair. cos I want a fair daughter that I will pamper. The boys can take whichever color they choose. I don't bloody care. grin
What if your daughters turn out to be dark while the boys fair grin cheesy
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by CAPSLOCKED: 12:48am On Jan 06, 2019
Yewandequeen:
All i see about people that bleach is low self esteem.

AND THE PEOPLE THAT PAD THEIR BODIES, PAINT THEIR FACES LIKE ZOMBIES, AND ALWAYS WANT TO JOIN EVERY LATEST TREND HAVE THEIR ESTEEM AS HIGH AS THE CLOUDS.

REMARKABLE.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by CAPSLOCKED: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2019
MariaLavina:
Please let's call a spade a spade! Men aren't responsible for anything. The problem here is YOU!
THANKS. IT'S A NEW YEAR BUT STILL, WOMEN STILL WANT THE EASY WAY OUT BY BLAMING MEN FOR ALL THEIR PROBLEMS.

Any Lady that changes her skin colour because she wants to be seen and appreciated lacks self esteem! Her self value is zero!

So black skinned aren't appreciated, yet black women get married every weekends.Are they marrying themselves?
Black women aren't valued yet the rant and cliché' Black is beautiful' is everywhere. Abeg ii !
Black is neglected yet Agbani and that Angola lady won miss world.
Let's hear word jare! It's high time ladies start working on their inner minds than their bodies. No one can make you feel bad about yourself if you don't give them permission to. undecided

THIS IS A GREAT POST. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
Sad but true. Colorist men like you are why they bleach.
And because of gold diggers like you that's why we have drug dealers, yahoo yahoo boys and money Rituals. wink

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 1:47am On Jan 06, 2019
Ishilove:
Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson is a Facebook user who uses his account to make very hilarious commentaries on societal trends. This one below had me braying laughter all over the place.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2114659408576850&id=100000984358442

Stay black, stay proud. grin

Just imagine what this beautiful princess turned herself into. Godammit !!!

1 Like

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2019
LordSaints:
And because of gold diggers like you that's why we have drug dealers, yahoo yahoo boys and money Rituals. wink
we still won't choose them anyway. Besides you are just pained yoou have no gold for me to dig.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Caseless: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2019
Valerie47:
Its their body, so mind your business.
They bleach, then come out to share public places or vehicles with people thereby giving off that offensive smell they get from bleaching cream used on their skin. If not for this, no one will be disturbed about what they do with their skin. They even get me irritated; I can't eat while looking at them.

You should also stop bleaching your skin.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Caseless: 7:00am On Jan 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
we still won't choose them anyway
nice complexion.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2019
Caseless:
nice complexion.
thank you dear

1 Like

Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 06, 2019
majekdom2:
people have different interests. Going by you analogy, there ought to be no single light skinned ladies. Most men connect with attitude for the long term. They can connect with your beauty, looks and curve for the short term. I have been in relationships with both light skinned and dark skinned, it has no direct relationship with who they turned out to be however, light skinned ladies have the mentality that they will always have admirers hence they find it hard to behave atimes. What shall it profit a bleacher who start to stink later in her life.

Then why do ladies bleach?
It's not good to generalise.
Unless I'm debating with a kid. You shouldn't have said that about fair ladies.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Caseless: 7:26am On Jan 06, 2019
funmisticqueen:
thank you dear
you're welcome.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by dbynonetwork: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2019
Paxie55:
They will advice the dark ladies not to bleach, but keep going after the fair ones.

My dad married fair woman cos he loves fair ladies, my bro wants to follow suit.

Pained bleacher...
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by imanray37(m): 11:00am On Jan 06, 2019
I find dark skinned ladies ravishing, tantalizing, sweet, charming, sexy, yummy, luvly, luscious, breakfast breathtaking, creamy, sensuous candy bar droolly, hot, cool, beautiful, heart stopping it goes on and on but for a fair skinned girl ohhh she looks sickly, and vomit induced,
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by imanray37(m): 11:02am On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=faithfull18 post=74480223]Lol, most look better in their natural state. Don't let any man deceive you, you are beautiful the way you are. If a man wants you lightskinned when you are naturally dark, let him leave you in peace and go for someone lightskinned.[/the above lady is off quote]
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2019
sassysure:

Then why do ladies bleach?
It's not good to generalise.
Unless I'm debating with a kid. You shouldn't have said that about fair ladies.
I may have missed using the word most light skinned ladies- my apologies. Inferiority complex makes people bleach. Many of Want to belong. Most people that have nothing to offer than their looks are the ones affected by this. I have been with a dark skinned lady who saw herself more than her skin color. It was never a problem for her.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by DaRuud(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2019
Yoruba and bleaching

Ishilove:
Ivan-Whyte Eagle Lawson is a Facebook user who uses his account to make very hilarious commentaries on societal trends. This one below had me braying laughter all over the place.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2114659408576850&id=100000984358442

Stay black, stay proud. grin
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by faithfull18(f): 2:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
[quote author=imanray37 post=74497934][/quote]
Really, I commented based on what I have seen. One of the reasons why some ladies go the extra mile to bleach their skin is to satisfy a man in their life even when they put their life and health at risk. There are different angles to an issue.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by sweetilicious(f): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Liliyann:
People that bleach are suffering from low self esteem!!
Why not take good care of your skin and watch yourself glow!!
Am telling you.Some don't know a thing about scrubbing their skin.Some don't bath twice.Some don't eat fruits,some don't drink water,some don't stay away from sun.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by sweetilicious(f): 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
Valerie47:
Its their body, so mind your business.
No babe.Lets collectively work on ladies doing the right thing and not cos a guy said so.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by monex(m): 5:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
sassysure:

Wise saying.
Talk is so cheap. For an average dark skinned girl whom 10 guys have asked out for a date in a year, the fair skinned girl must have gotten the same requests from 20 and counting.
Yet, they love dark skin. Add those that asked the dark girl out too.
Quite hypocritical.
personally I am attracted to dark skin. A light skinned lady has to be very very beautiful to catch my fancy.

I reckon there's a lot of Nigerian guys like me out there. I would say 40% at least of Nigerian men between the ages of 20-40 prefer dark skinned ladies.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by monex(m): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
Paxie55:

why should you live for someone else's encouragement.

For your last sentence, the problem is that the bleached ladies typically look worse than both the dark skinned ladies and the naturally fair ladies so the initial motivation of "Men prefer fair skinned ladies" does not hold water.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by monex(m): 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2019
MariaLavina:
Please let's call a spade a spade! Men aren't responsible for anything. The problem here is YOU! Any Lady that changes her skin colour because she wants to be seen and appreciated lacks self esteem! Her self value is zero!

So black skinned aren't appreciated, yet black women get married every weekends.Are they marrying themselves?
Black women aren't valued yet the rant and cliché' Black is beautiful' is everywhere. Abeg ii !
Black is neglected yet Agbani and that Angola lady won miss world.
Let's hear word jare! It's high time ladies start working on their inner minds than their bodies. No one can make you feel bad about yourself if you don't give them permission to. undecided
QED !!!
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2019
LightQueen:
What if your daughters turn out to be dark while the boys fair grin cheesy

Choi! just kee me! grin

BTW it's just one daughter OK... not daughters. I need one I will pamper.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2019
ikennaf1:

Choi! just kee me! grin

BTW it's just one daughter OK... not daughters. I need one I will pamper.
I will kee you then! grin

If you don't have one yet.. May your daughter be a dark beautiful lady lipsrsealed Amen

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Paxie55: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
monex:

why should you live for someone else's encouragement.

For your last sentence, the problem is that the bleached ladies typically look worse than both the dark skinned ladies and the naturally fair ladies so the initial motivation of "Men prefer fair skinned ladies" does not hold water.
Lol.
Well, the attention light skinned ladies get is why ladies with low self esteem tend to bleach their skin.
Nothing concern me though, I called out the hypocrisy of some men.
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by monex(m): 6:19pm On Jan 06, 2019
Paxie55:

Lol.
Well, the attention light skinned ladies get is why ladies with low self esteem tend to bleach their skin.
Nothing concern me though, I called out the hypocrisy of some men.

but their skin will nbever be naturally light for most of them and these same guys can spot this and then they are still below light skin girls in the pecking order
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 06, 2019
LightQueen:
I will kee you then! grin

If you don't have one yet.. May your daughter be a light-skinned, intelligent and beautiful lady lipsrsealed Amen

cheesy cheesy

Amin oooo cheesy
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
ikennaf1:

Amin oooo cheesy
Lol.. See you cheesy why you modify na grin
Re: "Why I Feel Sympathy For Ladies Who Bleach" by Paxie55: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
monex:

but their skin will nbever be naturally light for most of them and these same guys can spot this and then they are still below light skin girls in the pecking order
Lols. True!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Rock This Hairstyle? / The Power Of Make-up In Pictures / Post Your Sunday Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.