Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,974 members, 7,828,450 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? (7293 Views)

Can Someone Go To Heaven Without Restitution? / Help Needed Concerning Restitution / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Jesus5656(m): 10:51am On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:

Blessings to you sir

May I state here that Zaccheus was saved because of his HEART and not necessarily his ACTIONS

Jesus knew he was truly sorry and saw his heart

If you have Jesus, and holy spirit, they will guide you on your journey in him ...

If you do restitution and your heart is still not repented, you are not saved

Let's leave restitution for the holy spirit, and find peace only in christ Jesus

If the holy spirit wants restitution from you, you would be informed

..YES...Jesus comes in first,we will give him space in our heart as Zacheus did and he will direct us dear..It is after Zaccheus received and allowed him in his house ..I noticed that then He knew that restitution was expedient. ..We will give Jesus access and he direct us..Jesus made this statement of him after his action;TODAY SALVATION HAS COME TO YOUR HOUSE ...
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by gudnex22(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:

Blessings to you sir

May I state here that Zaccheus was saved because of his HEART and not necessarily his ACTIONS

If you have Jesus, and holy spirit, they will guide you on your journey in him ...

Let's leave restitution for the holy spirit, and find peace only in christ Jesus

Thanks God bless you with more wisdom
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by NtisongCampo1: 10:53am On Jan 06, 2019
Contrition (I am sorry)- confession and Restitution as the case maybe. Then Forgiveness which is Satisfaction. I am a Catholic and we believe in the Sacrament of Penance. Happy Sunday of Epiphany.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by NtisongCampo1: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2019
Contrition (I am sorry)- confession and Restitution as the case maybe. Then Forgiveness which is Satisfaction. I am a Catholic and we believe in the Sacrament of Penance. Happy Sunday of Epiphany.[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by NtisongCampo1: 10:54am On Jan 06, 2019
Contrition (I am sorry)- confession and Restitution as the case maybe. Then Forgiveness which is Satisfaction. I am a Catholic and we believe in the Sacrament of Penance. Happy Sunday of Epiphany.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Originalsly: 11:04am On Jan 06, 2019
Like you said...restitution is doctrine...... doctrine is set by man. Repentance is Scriptual..... Scripture is set by God. Why pollute Scripture with doctrine?...that's how Christians go astray.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by franxalive(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:
When a man is born again, old things have passed away. .. just leave whatever you are doing and follow jesus, Jesus is restitution

How many disciples did restitution before following christ?

Restitution can discourage a sinner and lead him/her right back to sin

If you have peace in Christ Jesus, you don't need restitution, JESUS PAID THE PRICE IN FULL...

Have a blessed week ahead and a prosperous new year members

QED...BRO YOU SAID IT ALL...IS ALL BOUT LEVELS OF UNDERSTANDING AND REVELATIONS OF DIVINE MYSTERIES FROM THE SCRIPTURES, THROUGH THE HOLY SPIRIT...OUR COMFORTER AND TEACHER. JESUS SAID IT IS FINISHED...THAT SETTLES IT... PEOPLE SHOULD QUIT CREATING MORE NON-EXISTENT ISSUES FOR THEMSELVES.

REGARDS! cool

1 Like

Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by lawani: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2019
You must restitute if you have the means
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Erastuslove: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2019
No Sir! Restitution is the last stage of repentance to have a clear conscience and testimony
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Forlardara(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2019
Did Paul do restitution? Did Jesus order anybody to do restitution? There is no condition for salvation. Whosoever come to me...... Said Jesus Christ.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by samiegreg(m): 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
mujahid777:
Why do you need restitution or even repentance...once saved always saved right
. sorry sir there is nothing like once saved forever saved
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Jeel: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
olsome:
One of the hardest doctrines of Christianity is restitution. it is not just a Christian doctrine, but it has cases and Bible verses. The question is, after we repent of our sins, should we go back to apologise to those we offended, stole from, deceived, lied against, slandered terribly, cheated on & so on? If a man was an Adulterer and he repents, should he go back to his wife to confess it?? or a woman slept with someone who is not her husband, should she go to her husband to confess it

Restitution must be done, but with wisdom, counsel & sometimes divine instructions

The question I always ask is, Paul did all kinds of evil before repenting. But where did he redtitute?

https://www.kevinashwe.com/did-paul-restitute/

He never did because restitution is not new testament
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by samiegreg(m): 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
Originalsly:
Like you said...restitution is doctrine...... doctrine is set by man. Repentance is Scriptual..... Scripture is set by God. Why pollute Scripture with doctrine?...that's how Christians go astray.
restitution is scriptural Genesis 20
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Jeel: 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
Forlardara:
Did Paul do restitution? Did Jesus order anybody to do restitution? There is no condition for salvation. Whosoever come to me...... Said Jesus Christ.

Thank you
https://www.kevinashwe.com/did-paul-restitute/
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Preciousgirl(f): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
Confess your sins to the Lord Jesus
Go and sin no more

Case closed

Check my signature
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2019
Preciousgirl:
Confess your sins to the Lord Jesus
Go and sin no more

Case closed

Check my signature
if you steal a car, you confess your sins & keep using the car?
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by maputohq: 1:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ruddyman:
hmmmmmmm I know this is an important part of Deeper Life Doctrine
hahahaha. Deeperlife doctrine
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by MadamExcellency: 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:
abi o

Imagine Paul seeking restitution, his ministry would have been over before it even started. ..

Restitution is an arrow Satan uses to weigh Xtians down

Imagine sleeping with a married woman, and you later turn to born again, Satan would start pricking your heart with guilt and tell you that you are fake unless you confess to the woman's husband.

Just confess your sins and sin no more... focus only on jesus, he alone has peace

If I stole your shirts, claim born again and come to your house for evangelism wearing those clothings, will you accept my message with all your heart?
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Ayobami7(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2019
hmmm
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Originalsly: 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2019
samiegreg:

restitution is scriptural Genesis 20

God told Abimelech to restore the man his wife.......... Abimelech took it upon himself to butter up...ehmmm....appease Abraham with sheep and oxen and servants before restoring the wife. Should we take this to mean if a man takes another man's wife...he should return her to the husband?....and with gifts?
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by Originalsly: 2:14pm On Jan 06, 2019
olsome:

if you steal a car, you confess your sins & keep using the car?

....and what do I do?....been a bandit robbing shops...okada men.....people leaving banks. Then my pastor friend who been living it up with the people tithes....he is now really born again...what should he do?
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by mechanics(m): 2:57pm On Jan 06, 2019
Restitution should be done but we need spiritual guidance from our leaders and pastors.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by EgusiShankly: 3:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:

Blessings to you sir

thank you..
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by donb06: 4:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
Originalsly:
bro.... doctrine is scriptural, dogma is what is set by church authority for smooth running of the church to avoid unorderliness...GRACIAS
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by daraj: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
A woman who left her husband and marry another husband repent from her sin of adultery. Is she required to make restitution by leaving her present husband.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by ozoneymcm: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2019
Consiglieri:
We must repent (make it right with God) and make restitution (making it right with the person you wronged).

Before making restitution you must pray and ask God to protect you as do this and also pray that He touches the heart of the person you are making restitution to.

For extreme cases such as murder, rape, adultery etc, it is advisable that you seek the counsel of Pastors, elders, or possibly family members of the offended person before making restitution. These people can advise whether face to face restitution can be made or whether it is better to carry out some act to help the offended without making contact with them.
Confession is not restitution
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by ozoneymcm: 6:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
fykes:
Sometimes and in such cases as adultery, there can't be repentance without restitution.
As a single guy, I had an affair with a married colleague for 2years. Who was living away from her hubby. When I realised all she said about her husband was lies, and I called off the affair... I had no peace until I called her husband (who I got to know) and apologised, asked for his forgiveness and confessed to my then gfrnd who left .
But that was when I truly felt peace and got over her.
Becoz all the other times I decided to quit, I always got back with her until I did restitution.
Sometimes, restitution is the only real repentance.
This isn't restitution
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by ozoneymcm: 6:21pm On Jan 06, 2019
Oblongata:

Blessings to you sir

Finally someone understands what restitution means and entails
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by henryutd(m): 6:30pm On Jan 06, 2019
Restitution is necessary and a must in Christianity. It's an evidence of repentance.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by fykes(m): 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
ozoneymcm:

This isn't restitution
U are right.. Hope u are happy now.
Re: Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? by ozoneymcm: 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
fykes:

U are right.. Hope u are happy now.
Yes I am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flying In My Dreams To Escape Harm. Is It Bad? / What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? / 10 African Myths And Legends!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.