Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. (7010 Views)

What Is The Point Of Free Will? / Man's Cooperation With Omnipotence / Can You Explain How If Everything Has A Cause You Then Have Free Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by budaatum: 5:24pm On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Seriously. I gonna look for a hard copy for my daughter.

Add a full copy of Arabian Nights. I read both till they fell apart then someone stole them from me.
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by LordReed(m): 6:35pm On Nov 01, 2021
budaatum:

Add a full copy of Arabian Nights. I read both till they fell apart then someone stole them from me.

Might be a little too sublime for a preteen. I didn't appreciate it till I was older.
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by budaatum: 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Might be a little too sublime for a preteen. I didn't appreciate it till I was older.

Thankfully, my Lord, she will grow.

What state do you live in, by the way?
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
budaatum:

Thankfully, my Lord, she will grow.

What state do you live in, by the way?

Yes she will.

FCT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by hupernikao: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Sirsesan:

It is the combination of omniscience and omnipotence that contradicts free will.

God's omnipotence means that he had the power to design the world such that every human would make any particular set of decisions every step of the way. By designing the world the way he did, and having the foreknowledge of every single one of the trillions of trillions of decisions that would be made based on each detail of design, god necessarily determined (and effectively decreed) every single one of those decisions that every human would make. The only way he could not have is if he temporarily restricted his own omnipotence and/or omniscience at the point of creation. There seems to be no credible theist who has provided evidence that god turned down either of those characteristics.

[The bible doesn't support any claim that God tone down his omniscience ability for FREEWILL. Is like shifting the goal post when a goal is about to be scored.]

I feel you aren't explaining this within the confined of the scriptures. If you do then you are doing it in isolated theology. The scriptures must not be taken as abstract knowledge where you pick a word or text and give it an isolated meaning from its surrounding explanation and by extension the whole book.

Hence to give a meaning to such concept as omnipotence from Bible perspective you must put it within the explanation of other concepts taught in the scriptures.

For example, you can't teach God's omnipotence outside his being a Just and Righteous God. If you do, then you will only end up with illogical explanation and abstract theology which I have seen in many response here.

The same Bible that you pointed to in speaking about God's omnipotence, same told you God is Just and Righteous hence, they must be put together to identify the true attribute of God.

Your explanation of God's omnipotence from the scriptures left other undeniable attributes about God in the scriptures. Hence, you won't arrive at the scriptural answer.

Few of the several questions a Bible student will ask in handling the concept being discuss will include.

1. Can the one who desire to exert his omnipotence always be a Just one at the same time?

2. Can a Just and Righteous God also insist on his omnipotence in all thing?

3. Can you love and still stands to exercise your omnipotence at every given opportunity to the one you loved?

These and much more are critical questions to examine before you can come to conclude on the concept of omnipotence as taught in the scriptures.
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by budaatum: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2021
LordReed:

Yes she will.

FCT

I'm putting FTC on my visit list because of you.
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by LordReed(m): 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
budaatum:

I'm putting FTC on my visit list because of you.

O my dear buda please honour me with a visit! I'll even host your bread and board! Do come!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by budaatum: 12:31am On Nov 02, 2021
LordReed:

O my dear buda please honour me with a visit! I'll even host your bread and board! Do come!

I promise my Lord. I will try really hard to get out of my Orolu Kingdom and visit you in FCT. I got an op in March. It would likely be sometime after then.

It would be an honour to meet you.
Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by LordReed(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2021
budaatum:

I promise my Lord. I will try really hard to get out of my Orolu Kingdom and visit you in FCT. I got an op in March. It would likely be sometime after then.

It would be an honour to meet you.

Likewise my dear buda. Let's share some Jesus tokes. LoLz

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God's Omnipotence Contradicts The Requirement For Free Will In God's Plan. by sonmvayina(m): 9:19am On Nov 02, 2021
Man was given freedom of choice.....not free will(whatever that means)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christians Are Hypocrites! What A Shame!! / Wedding Photos: Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo’s Son, Tomi Weds Dorothy In Style / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 14-19th Of December At The Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.