Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,073 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! (32400 Views)

5 Nigerian Superstitions And Beliefs That Will Kill You Before Your Time / Funny Superstitious Beliefs Of Nigerians About Animals / Silly Beliefs That You Know Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by cosquee(f): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2012
When you take pear towards the end of the year,it will cause rain to fall on your wedding day
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by LeCoq: 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
Garri_is_back: angry angry angry

LOL...Come on people, this is good.

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by hrhobi1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
cosquee: When you take pear towards the end of the year,it will cause rain to fall on your wedding day

Na wa o Herbalist. nonsenstikal myth
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by cosquee(f): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you take pear,towards the end of the year it will make rain fall on your wedding day
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
If u sleep wt a woman with thunderbolt (magun), make sure u help her dress up back so that d thunderbolt ll not affect u.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 25, 2012
alkadriyar: Your thought creates ur reality.
"as a man thinketh so is he..........."

brother u know people we don dey think of being billionaire te-te and, am sure u know the rest. Make una stop that "yap-yap"

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by walexyll(m): 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
I was told when i was still wetting my bed at 7years old that and urinating in a locally made fire(aaro) would make the urine "pepper" u once u want to wet ur bed....I tried it...and it worked...haven't wet my bed since then ....hahahahahah ;d ;d ;d
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by cosquee(f): 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
When you know that you are coming back late from where you went and play,get a leave ant tie its mouth you have tied the mouth of your parents and they will not flog u because u've tied their mouth.worked for me wen i was a kid.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by abiki(f): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
if you swallow orange seeds, an orange tree wil grow on your head.

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by denitro(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Damalex4luv: Do not eat directly inside the pot,it may cause you being olodo.

Stop eating directly from the pot then!

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Okiki_Oluwa: If u sleep wt a woman with thunderbolt (magun), make sure u help her dress up back so that d thunderbolt ll not affect u.
u for don somersault reach hellfire b4 u go fit dress ha up na grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Josh316(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Do not spit directly into the toilet

Resultant effect: Sore Throat

i spit into the toilet all the time... angry

my throat suppose don blow by now!!! grin grin
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by wonda26(m): 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
If a bird drop shit 4 ur head, means u wud be wealthy grin̶̲̥̅̊
If u sweat on top ur nose, u go be rich-man shocked

My papa de giv us small roasted pear chop, according to him, 'too much of roasted pear for us pikin go cause bloated cheeks. angry
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by anitank(f): 2:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
If u're purging, take a drop of saliva with ur thumb and rub on ur navel, it will stop.
Has worked for me several times
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2012
Damalex4luv: Do not eat directly inside the pot,it may cause you being olodo.

To eat directly from the pot na my hobby.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2012
Okija_juju:

Funny enough it also works for adults. I'm a living testimony.

@ Topic

Kids are not supposed to drink coconut water

Reason: It affects their brain. Makes them dunces.

When a lighting strikes, smack your lips twice

Effect: It deflects the lightening away from you.
Explanation in Pidgin English: Thunder no go fire you.

Do not whistle (mouth whistle) @ night

Reason: It attracks evil spirits
am sure you drank lot of coconut water! I can see the effect on your comments on NL.smh.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
berem: am sure you drank lot of coconut water! I can see the effect on your comments on NL.smh.
lol...Funny you grin
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Cruzgee: 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
Okija Juju! hi longtime. How have u been? I havent seen ur contribution for a while now or is it me that is not visiting regularly?
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
cosquee: When you take pear towards the end of the year,it will cause rain to fall on your wedding day
Hahahahah! Are u serious?
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
If you deep your wicklow finger in fowl dung, it will go immediately
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Akposkool(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
sadeiyare: When you are pressed beyound measure and there was no nearby restroom to pass out dung, just put some saliva on your navel and you will be relieved till you get to the toilet. This worked for me many times, especially when coming back from primary school after eating all sorts of junk.
i remember dat 1.it worked alot for me.guy u go skul jare!

1 Like

Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by gulfer: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
Wearing your clothe inside out can bring you luck, you will see free money on the road.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by psalmizt(m): 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
cheddarking: Ahh...
Growing up as a 'Razz' boy in a 'Razz' area of Lagos state, I remember these primary school superstitions:

When you see two dogs mating/Gangbang1ng, drive a nail into the ground...and they will be hooked until you 'release' them

When you see a hawk/pigeon/random bird flying about, aim your hand at it, and then pull back your middle/index/any finger and the bird will keep flying round in circles

When you see a bunch of Herons flying about, start singing "Leke Leke, Gbamileke" and white spots will appear on your fingers.--- This was classic, it really worked then cheesy cheesy cheesy

When you spit on the floor, wipe it with your feet or you will get a sore throat...

grin grin

Guy I believed in that when growing up as well but definitely not in a razz area of Lagos state cool cool cool
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by ArQueBusieR(m): 2:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ignorance is not bliss.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Chirolechick: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
wonlasewonimi:
When I was young, if I wanted my parents to forget my misdeeds, I'd just pull few strands of my eyelashes and put it on my head.

mehn i think seh na only me sabi this secret, this totally works all the time for me, i did it a lot wen i was young, i even do it for my boss when i commit in the office n it still works
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Austinio: 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
methodman: Funny but i dont believe in all dis stuffs. i heard if someone shud go to the market and den bends down to look in between his/her legs....Na different kind of Ghosts and evil spirits person go deh see. I think i will try dis out soon sef. Lol
pls try it @ ur village market if it some Hw near burial grand.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Iamvictor(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
gongo aso:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin cheesy grin
you are right. I use to do it often, and now i av sore throat
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by mercurie(f): 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Tie plenty of grasses if u want any1 who is supposed 2 punish u to forget ur sins. If a child passes under ur leg as a woman be sure of getting pregnant.
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Chirolechick: 3:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
abiki: if you swallow orange seeds, an orange tree wil grow on your head.

lolz u no well i swear
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Iamvictor(m): 3:08pm On Sep 25, 2012
gulfer: Wearing your clothe inside out can bring you luck, you will see free money on the road.
lol! Ole!
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by MiracleChild: 3:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lol This Thread is too funny. actually remember believing some of these.

1. if you kill a wall gecko you will wet your bed that night.
2.If a lizard runs through under your leg you are pregnant (for women)
3.If your food falls on the floor Devil has eaten it
Re: Superstitious Beliefs That Actually Works! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2012
Bleep without a condom, but don't 'eyacuyate' inside her. . .you won't catch any disease.

Bleep without a condom, but make sure you take a bath immediately. . .it washes off any potential disease.

Don't ask me if I try it, or if it works. Na wetin I hear I dey talk.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Thing You Always Manage To Buy No Matter How Broke You Are? / Village Snakes / Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.