Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

EMPOWERING AN ORPHAN By Humphrey Angweye - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / EMPOWERING AN ORPHAN By Humphrey Angweye (277 Views)

I'm Officially An Orphan / Please Help Me Am An Orphan I Need A Job To Cater For My Child And Siblings / 19-Year-Old Orphan Who Refused To Abort Pregnancy After She Was Gang Raped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EMPOWERING AN ORPHAN By Humphrey Angweye by Emmiasky(m): 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2019
My story isn't one you really want to hear,it's one if at all you chose to listen, you'd have to sit with me by a bonfire throughout the night with nothing but a kerchief in your hands. And believe it,by dawn you'd have bled out your entire dams.
Today though, I choose not to tell you my entire story for of what benefit would it be to someone similar to me?
It would be like repeating a boring movie you see everyday of your life thus, why in this moment. I want to tell you how we,as orphans, can overcome our all to become better persons in the tomorrow society.
I wanna give you a story that will build your esteem and fill even more your zest to overcome your current status.

As a child,once orphaned, regardless of whether you get adopted or not,you'll always have that sense of not belonging and it's here where we all begin to fail.
Life, doesn't require you to whirl in whether you belong in it or not,life, as long as you have it,requires you to live it by all means necessary. If you get a privilege of adoption which most rarely get,then you are to formulate a plan in your mind no tribulations shall ever infringe on.

You have to realize,that wherever you are is but a boat to greater lands and you know how it feels like to sail in a sea.
There will be sea sickness, the sea may turn violent,there maybe a shark attack and so on and so forth but still you never give up.
None of the fishermen ever jumps in the sea as a way of submission, they all hold tight onto the boat and hope for better moments, they all have faith that they will survive and that's what you should do first as an orphan.
As long as you still breath,have faith you will live to see brighter days regardless of all.

Then, often as an orphan, you'll realize that much of what goes on in other kids lives doesn't go on in yours.
For example, while I was still a teenager,my peers were being provided for while I had to fend for myself cause my own dad had abandoned me and there was no one close to help. The fact that you can't have what they have doesn't mean that you can't have a better future - You just have to come to the realization that you aren't like them, accept it and have thought in mind of availing a better future for yourself hence your kids so they never go through the same.
So get up ,wherever you are, despite of conditions, try to do something that will earn you money and cater for your small needs now, crying! doesn't help a thing, it only aches your eyes unlike aching your hands and legs via a small job will do where you'll earn something for what you need.

As an orphan, I know each day you strive to fit in,each day you want to be like so and so but has it ever come to your mind that you could be better off if you just accepted who you are and only stretched yourself to where you can reach

In highschool, guys get visited by nearly all their family members while I often had no one around. My elder brother could at times though come due to conditions and whenever he came, I would earn myself something like two hundred shillings which if compared to other students pocket money was nothing. After the visiting, people would buy expensive snacks, take photos and do other money demanding stuff but I couldn't.

Dear friend, if ever in your orphan-hood you get a chance to prove who you are, never ever give up.
I had school, my brother gave me school and that was the only shot I had. I never missed,so why should you?
The chance you have has been availed to you by God, use it.
Work smart, show whomever is paying for it that you deserve it, push hard to the very limits and it shall surely pay.
Don't let your sorrows consume you, it's your reality face it, I faced mine of lack of revision books, visitings, pocket money, narrow love, no home (no nothing), but I never gave in.
I struggled till my university and have no plans of quitting till I feel the very skies.
So embrace your chance, if it's a talent, make it better, if it's brains, use them, you have nothing to loose in trying.

Then as I sum up, you all have to accept that we all have a greater parent, God. Regardless of whether you are orphaned and in a war torn country, regardless of whether you are living with foster parents,a brother, sister, or a lone survivor who sometimes ends up on the streets, remember, we have God and He, can't take suicide, he can't take submission, he can't take the lazy.
You are a soldier, facing a war none shall ever understand and this is us, everyday of our lives.

So don't be weakened by the war, be strengthened by it, pray, intercede, fast, just do anything until you are in connection with Him for He,is the only one who truly cares. He had a purpose as to why He took away your parent or parents and He alone has the road map to your success. So pray and never let your sorrows turn you into prey. I am making it, more and more orphans are too much throughout the world, you ain't alone and you, aren't an exception.
I had to accept my standards then and use that two hundred shillings carefully or I would suffer for the entire term.

Originally from https:///2AC6EWd

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Who Is In Control Of Your Life? / Child Sex Education, What Age Is Right? / Let The Young Play Musical Instruments!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.