Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,311 members, 7,864,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

Cohabitation Before Marriage: Why You Should Not - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cohabitation Before Marriage: Why You Should Not (329 Views)

I'm Dying Slowly Because Of Cohabitation / You Know Her Attitudes Before Marriage ,Why Are You Complaining Now.Sex Also / Sex And Marriage: Why You Should Marry A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cohabitation Before Marriage: Why You Should Not by Brightgem(f): 1:49pm On Jan 09, 2019
Cohabitation before Marriage; Why you should not!

Years back, cohabiting with one’s significant other before tying the nuptial knot was often times described in derogatory terms and often thought of as immoral. Today, the picture is quite different.

While it is still considered a taboo, so many couples are now living together before getting married, with statistics showing a steady rate of increase in cohabitation over the past 50 years.

The Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary defines cohabitation as the state of living together and having a sexual relationship without being married. While most cohabiting couples would deny the latter part of this definition, living together before marriage naturally signals that a couple is already sleeping together. Which is a violation of the religious proscription against pre-marital sex.

Don’t get me wrong; I am not looking at this basically from the religious point of view alone, because this is a choice that actually transcends any particular religion, and it’s not in my place or any one else’s to condemn two people who love each other , for the lifestyle choices they make , that will affect no one else but them. But morally speaking, cohabitation is something you should never indulge in, and I will tell you why.

If you ask most cohabiting couples why they chose that path, most would say that when you move in with your partner before tying the knot, you get to test out what life will be like sharing the same space. Some say that cohabitation helps you to ‘test run’ your relationship and it is the best way to test your compatibility for marriage. Others even cite the economic benefits such as sharing rent, bills etc , as a motivation for moving in together.

Read more at www.themoralcodeng.com

Watch this video from THE MORAL CODE - IRRESPONSIBLE WOMEN EXIST BECAUSE OF IRRESPONSIBLE MEN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATvPG-LY3ig&t=3s

2 Likes

Re: Cohabitation Before Marriage: Why You Should Not by Headlesschicken(m): 2:02pm On Jan 09, 2019
undecided So this nonsense followed u into this new year...

(1) (Reply)

How I Fell Deeply In Love With The New Driver | 2019 Latest Nigerian Full Movies / Bournfrey My Mood / Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.