Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection (21022 Views)

Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by HgsMediablog: 12:58am On Jan 10, 2019
A 22 - year- old man , Oluwadamilare Temenu , has reportedly stabbed a technician with the Ikeja Electric, Oluwaseyi Amao, for disconnecting power supply to his residence at No. 13 Adesanya Street, in the Mafoluku area of Oshodi , Lagos State.

Report gathered that Amao and his colleague , Yusuf Tunde, had acted on a disconnection order by the management of Ikeja Electric, an electricity distribution company, which had marked some flats in the building for disconnection over unpaid bills , when they were attacked .

Amao, who said he gave the residents a month ’s grace to pay their outstanding bills , added that he was surprised that one of them would attack him for disconnecting power supply to his apartment despite owing over N 300,000 .

The 42 - year- old technician said , “ We were given a disconnection order to execute at No . 13 Adesanya Street, Mafoluku , Oshodi, last Thursday . The building has four flats; one flat has a prepaid meter, while the remaining three are on estimated billing; but we were given a disconnection order on the two flats with over N 200, 000 and N 100, 000 debts, respectively.

“ Before that day , I had visited the house for disconnection last month and one of the residents , the one using prepaid meter, had pledged to speak with the others to pay their debts , because it was only one wire that supplies power to the four flats. If we cut off the wire , the whole flats will be affected , including the one with prepaid meter, but they still refused to pay .

“ So, on the day I was instructed to execute the disconnection order , I explained to the residents, including the guy who stabbed me , that I was there the previous month and that since they had refused to clear their outstanding bills , I had been instructed to disconnect power supply to their apartment . He never argued with me , but I was surprised that he said I was looking for trouble when he saw me climbing the pole .

“ All of a sudden , he went inside his flat , brought out a crate of bottles and broke two bottles. I quickly jumped down and he chased after me and stabbed me . He first stabbed me in the neck and head; to avoid more harm , I held him tightly and told my colleague , Tunde, to inform our other colleagues to bring a vehicle so that we could take him to the police station. ”
His other colleagues eventually brought a vehicle , which conveyed Temenu to the police station.

An eyewitness , Segun Gbenro, said residents of the area condemned Temenu for stabbing Amao while performing his duty .

“ About two weeks ago , he (Temenu ) had a fight in the area and he stripped himself naked . He had no reason to stab the IE official ; even the people he lives with faulted his action and other residents of the area also condemned his action, ” he stated .

The Public Relations Officer , Ikeja Electric , Felix Ofulue , who condemned the attack , said the firm would explore all necessary means to bring to justice any person or group, who took the law into their own hands by inflicting bodily harm on its officials when performing their duties .

Read On: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/man-stabs-ikeja-electrics-technician.html?m=1

Gist From HgsMediaPlus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by bizza45: 1:29am On Jan 10, 2019
Damn dat was wrong.... e for wait after e don climb d ladder, then he can jejely push d ladder

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Equal2DeTask(m): 1:54am On Jan 10, 2019
shocked

This man above me no get joy at all....Oga we Dey drag land

To the matter at hand, Thank your God you are still breathing in this new year. They mural U guys Dey use cut person light eh no be here.. angry

And to give person steady light na war....

This must touch front page tongue

8 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Mikora: 2:41am On Jan 10, 2019
Hothead don land dis one for jail

3 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Ibrochaka(m): 10:56am On Jan 10, 2019
I hope this 2019 will not be a year of stabbing......

Please this is January, it's too early for all this!
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by NPComplete: 10:59am On Jan 10, 2019
The funny thing is that the Oluwadamilare guy that decided to stab someone now will be in jail crying like a baby and blaming the devil. That's the hilarious thing about these impulsive guys who like to attack Nepa without thinking.
One guy in my area did the same thing and was arrested. He didn't even stab he just brought out a knife and was threatening the woman that came to work. As soon as he was arrested, come and see full grown man crying like a baby with his nose running and all. Lol

Make una get sense for 2019. Before u act, think!!!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by abiaumo(m): 10:59am On Jan 10, 2019
Thank God guns are not legal in nigeria if not all these stabbing incidents would have been shootings.

8 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2019
The location was bad ..try somewhere else

1 Like

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Bobbyjay001(m): 11:01am On Jan 10, 2019
Bi a ran omo nise eru, ............

3 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Modupex(f): 11:03am On Jan 10, 2019
shocked sad
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Richywire(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2019
You for just jejely wait make him climb d pole then u push the ladder.... grin

5 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by emmydaike: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2019
Lorealneti:
Wahala
How about those that can stake 1Million
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Pat081: 11:11am On Jan 10, 2019
If not that dos people too re useless ask him if he is d one dey ask him to pay that 300,000 thousand naira will he pay, it is wot we re using is that what dey re giving us to pay? Useless set of people

15 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Offpoint: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2019
This tory dey confuse me.... I don't if I'm against or with....

2 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by ipobarecriminals: 11:12am On Jan 10, 2019
sad sad beginning of 2019 in prison. Good for him.U owe Nepa kudi running above 200k still stab Nepa join.Thank God,nor be the whole area attack the guy,dey for hear am from Nepa
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by kunmiiii: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2019
If its my area ehnn...for this single act, the whole area won't see light for 5months.

Infact they will even disconnect the transformer! grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by ceejayMAX(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2019
All these afonja sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by bjhere2009(m): 11:20am On Jan 10, 2019
One flat out of 4 only has prepaid meter? Why,and u get liver to cut light.
Why give the other 3 flats extimated bills? Those bills are crazy bills and u expect residents to be happy paying that.
Do the needful and supply prepaid meters so no one pays for what he never used. Abi una dey bring light?
Stupid people.

9 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Reelmii: 11:21am On Jan 10, 2019
he wants to kill someone's father
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Vicintonsh(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2019
bizza45:
Damn dat was wrong.... e for wait after e don climb d ladder, then he can jejely push d ladder

Guy grin grin
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by bjhere2009(m): 11:22am On Jan 10, 2019
Nobody is happy paying estimated bills. It's crazy!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Hades2016(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2019
Ireboya:
The location was bad ..try somewhere else
I swear bro
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Jabioro: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2019
IE be thief,how can the four apartmt run on single phase and one on prepaid metre while the remaining were on estimated bill? The 'stabber' was a full blown fool mumu,he could have waited for the idiot IE 'disconnector' to fhnish his yeye job,then call on electrician to reconnect him through backyard after all the prepaid me can't be disconnected...Take your time to do the jailing!
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Bluntemperor: 11:39am On Jan 10, 2019
IKDC is a failure.since 2014 the Pre-paid Metre they collected money is yet to be fixed in my house somebody they bring stabbing to FP .yeye they smell! IKDC license must not be renewed for goodness.if my money was invested since it would have been a save since galloping inflation of three years ago,yet the buffoons in Ikeja thought Nigerians are fools and still go about estimated billing This ladder of ECN days are no longer necessary in this 21st Century of energy consumption if all the houses have Pre-paid as in other Countries but corruption will not allow them.Shame to IKDC.

1 Like

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by 9jaRealist: 11:41am On Jan 10, 2019
ZOO! undecided
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by itiswellandwell: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2019
Eeyah. Take heart. People no get joy for nepa officials. U na own too much.

Need to replace Ur bad s8 screen? Av got one s8 screen for just 55k. Call/whatsapp 09090287555

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Guard Swindles Boss N80m After Hypnotizing Him With Spiritual Powers / 3 Die As Mob Attack Customs Checkpoint, Operational Base In Kwara / Police Recover 10 Stolen Rivers Govt Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.