Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection (21027 Views)

Man Fights PHCN Official With Machete Over Light Disconnection In Lagos. Photos / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection / Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Tizu(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2019
It serves him right. The law do not allow him to disconnect his house.
Ikeja Electric is a fraud based organization. People should start resisting their extortion activities. They are thieves.
Thank your God for surviving this one.
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by nickxtra(m): 11:53am On Jan 10, 2019
HgsMediablog:
A 22 - year- old man , Oluwadamilare Temenu , has reportedly stabbed a technician with the Ikeja Electric, Oluwaseyi Amao, for disconnecting power supply to his residence at No. 13 Adesanya Street, in the Mafoluku area of Oshodi , Lagos State.

Report gathered that Amao and his colleague , Yusuf Tunde, had acted on a disconnection order by the management of Ikeja Electric, an electricity distribution company, which had marked some flats in the building for disconnection over unpaid bills , when they were attacked .

Amao, who said he gave the residents a month ’s grace to pay their outstanding bills , added that he was surprised that one of them would attack him for disconnecting power supply to his apartment despite owing over N 300,000 .

The 42 - year- old technician said , “ We were given a disconnection order to execute at No . 13 Adesanya Street, Mafoluku , Oshodi, last Thursday . The building has four flats; one flat has a prepaid meter, while the remaining three are on estimated billing; but we were given a disconnection order on the two flats with over N 200, 000 and N 100, 000 debts, respectively.

“ Before that day , I had visited the house for disconnection last month and one of the residents , the one using prepaid meter, had pledged to speak with the others to pay their debts , because it was only one wire that supplies power to the four flats. If we cut off the wire , the whole flats will be affected , including the one with prepaid meter, but they still refused to pay .

“ So, on the day I was instructed to execute the disconnection order , I explained to the residents, including the guy who stabbed me , that I was there the previous month and that since they had refused to clear their outstanding bills , I had been instructed to disconnect power supply to their apartment . He never argued with me , but I was surprised that he said I was looking for trouble when he saw me climbing the pole .

“ All of a sudden , he went inside his flat , brought out a crate of bottles and broke two bottles. I quickly jumped down and he chased after me and stabbed me . He first stabbed me in the neck and head; to avoid more harm , I held him tightly and told my colleague , Tunde, to inform our other colleagues to bring a vehicle so that we could take him to the police station. ”
His other colleagues eventually brought a vehicle , which conveyed Temenu to the police station.

An eyewitness , Segun Gbenro, said residents of the area condemned Temenu for stabbing Amao while performing his duty .

“ About two weeks ago , he (Temenu ) had a fight in the area and he stripped himself naked . He had no reason to stab the IE official ; even the people he lives with faulted his action and other residents of the area also condemned his action, ” he stated .

The Public Relations Officer , Ikeja Electric , Felix Ofulue , who condemned the attack , said the firm would explore all necessary means to bring to justice any person or group, who took the law into their own hands by inflicting bodily harm on its officials when performing their duties .

Read On: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/man-stabs-ikeja-electrics-technician.html?m=1

Gist From HgsMediaPlus

Did the stabbing also pour white substance on the victim's head?
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by uuzba(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
9jaRealist:
ZOO! undecided
Problem without solution. We already know it is a zoo. Things are all messed up. What do we do? This is an online platform. Throw suggestions.
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by cmikel: 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2019
THAT WAS A MINOR STAB

wHEN YOU GUYS SEAT DOWN IN THE OFFICE AND PORTION ESTIMATED FEE TO PEOPLE ANY HOW WITHOUT READING THE METER

YOU GIVE YOURSEFS TARGET TO MAKE MILLION FROM EACH STREET MONTHLY AT THE EXPENSE OF THE POOR PEOPLE

YOU GIVE YOUR MARKETERS TARGET OF AMMOUNT TO BRING IN MONTHLY THEY WILL NOW BEGIN TO POORTION THE AMOUNT TO EACH BUILLDING WEATHER YOU USED LITE ORR NOT

ECK OR NEPA YOU GUYS ARE BIG THIEVES .

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by 9jaRealist: 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
uuzba:

Problem without solution. We already know it is a zoo. Things are all messed up. What do we do? This is an online platform. Throw suggestions.

Sorry, I am not a zoologist. grin
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by ugotuf(m): 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
NPComplete:
The funny thing is that the Oluwadamilare guy that decided to stab someone now will be in jail crying like a baby and blaming the devil. That's the hilarious thing about these impulsive guys who like to attack Nepa without thinking.
One guy in my area did the same thing and was arrested. He didn't even stab he just brought out a knife and was threatening the woman that came to work. As soon as he was arrested, come and see full grown man crying like a baby with his nose running and all. Lol

Make una get sense for 2019. Before u act, think!!!
Hahahaaaaa,
But him own no reach this guy own na

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
It's a crime attacking people while doing their job. last time someone attacked me on my job, i took a year paid sickness off work, a substantial Amount of compensation was paid to me. i hope they victim get compensated too. it is not an easy task dealing with lunatics who thinks it's okay to attack workers because they are Angry with the Government or not happy with the system
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by jayextra(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
bizza45:
Damn dat was wrong.... e for wait after e don climb d ladder, then he can jejely push d ladder

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by InvertedHammer: 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
/*
So the man with prepaid meter would have been disconnected too because of the debt of others?

*/
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by toprealman: 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
The guys can be annoying. You can imagine during Christmas period, no light ooo, these tools were busy moving about looking for who to tax!
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by mansoura(f): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2019
bizza45:
Damn dat was wrong.... e for wait after e don climb d ladder, then he can jejely push d ladder
[center][/center] grin grin
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by trumpcoat(m): 1:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
Imagine nepa,you expect them to pay that huge sum of money,especially in this January where people are struggling to survive,he should thank his stars that he was not killed,why not give everyone prepaid and rest their case
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by mechanics(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
He was wrong to attack someone doing his job.
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by sylve11: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
NPComplete:

He didn't even stab he just brought out a knife and was threatening the woman that came to work. As soon as he was arrested, come and see full grown man crying like a baby with his nose running and all. Lol

grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by 9gerian: 2:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
Organized Crime!!! That is what electricity supply in Nigeria has become!

They deliberately withhold giving meters to most areas so that they can bill the customers higher bills (that would only have been possible if they supplied uninterrupted power to a factory) and barely supply electricity.

Most of the populace groan and battle with electricity bills that are higher than their annual rents, while the government pretends to be doing something but only look the other way...

How will some frustrated customers not take it out on some of their staff...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/05/01/tackling-power-rejection-by-discos/%3famp

HgsMediablog:
A 22 - year- old man , Oluwadamilare Temenu , has reportedly stabbed a technician with the Ikeja Electric, Oluwaseyi Amao, for disconnecting power supply to his residence at No. 13 Adesanya Street, in the Mafoluku area of Oshodi , Lagos State.

Report gathered that Amao and his colleague , Yusuf Tunde, had acted on a disconnection order by the management of Ikeja Electric, an electricity distribution company, which had marked some flats in the building for disconnection over unpaid bills , when they were attacked .

Amao, who said he gave the residents a month ’s grace to pay their outstanding bills , added that he was surprised that one of them would attack him for disconnecting power supply to his apartment despite owing over N 300,000 .

The 42 - year- old technician said , “ We were given a disconnection order to execute at No . 13 Adesanya Street, Mafoluku , Oshodi, last Thursday . The building has four flats; one flat has a prepaid meter, while the remaining three are on estimated billing; but we were given a disconnection order on the two flats with over N 200, 000 and N 100, 000 debts, respectively.

“ Before that day , I had visited the house for disconnection last month and one of the residents , the one using prepaid meter, had pledged to speak with the others to pay their debts , because it was only one wire that supplies power to the four flats. If we cut off the wire , the whole flats will be affected , including the one with prepaid meter, but they still refused to pay .

“ So, on the day I was instructed to execute the disconnection order , I explained to the residents, including the guy who stabbed me , that I was there the previous month and that since they had refused to clear their outstanding bills , I had been instructed to disconnect power supply to their apartment . He never argued with me , but I was surprised that he said I was looking for trouble when he saw me climbing the pole .

“ All of a sudden , he went inside his flat , brought out a crate of bottles and broke two bottles. I quickly jumped down and he chased after me and stabbed me . He first stabbed me in the neck and head; to avoid more harm , I held him tightly and told my colleague , Tunde, to inform our other colleagues to bring a vehicle so that we could take him to the police station. ”
His other colleagues eventually brought a vehicle , which conveyed Temenu to the police station.

An eyewitness , Segun Gbenro, said residents of the area condemned Temenu for stabbing Amao while performing his duty .

“ About two weeks ago , he (Temenu ) had a fight in the area and he stripped himself naked . He had no reason to stab the IE official ; even the people he lives with faulted his action and other residents of the area also condemned his action, ” he stated .

The Public Relations Officer , Ikeja Electric , Felix Ofulue , who condemned the attack , said the firm would explore all necessary means to bring to justice any person or group, who took the law into their own hands by inflicting bodily harm on its officials when performing their duties .

Read On: https://www.hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2019/01/man-stabs-ikeja-electrics-technician.html?m=1

Gist From HgsMediaPlus

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Drealflex(m): 4:15pm On Jan 10, 2019
My style
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by yarnme2(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
bizza45:

This is the best you can up with in the regards... I am sure you intend to cause bodily harm, which is illegal in the face of the law

Come make I give you a very god treat!

Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by Smooyis(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
Sorry o. NEPA work is a bad job gan ni. Use your brain o. Thank God it was not more than dat. Most of this estimated bills are fraudulent exploitation of the masses. Give everyone prepaid meters and stop cutting cables all around. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by kabillionaire(m): 6:16pm On Jan 11, 2019
You're lucky to be alive.
Why disconnect his light? the standard practice now is to provide customers with prepaid meter for that, you don't have to disconnect.
Some weeks ago, just before Christmas, I saw 3 kedco (Kaduna Electrical Distribution Company) technicians fighting a customer at Romi new extension, Kaduna for a similar thing, I was amazed.
Do power company staff now turn to street thugs fighting the very customers that pay there salaries?
Re: Man Stabs Ikeja Electric’s Technician Over Disconnection by kabillionaire(m): 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
Prophet777:
Where else in the world have you seen electricity or energy officials roaming about the street and intimidating the citizens in the name of payment of bills? In the 21st century. Shior! Stabbing them is wrong but let comments with sense... Estimated billing is evil and corruption of the highest order.

Just before Christmas, 3 Kaduna Electrical Distribution Coy) staff were busy fighting a customer.
I began to wonder, with this kind of judo fighters, how come Fulani extremists are finishing them at kasuwan magani and other part of the state?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Guard Swindles Boss N80m After Hypnotizing Him With Spiritual Powers / Kidnappers Killed By Police In Cross River After Arrest (Graphic Photos / Police (PCRRU) Invited Me To The Station For Refund, Should I Go?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.