Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,506 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

"I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital (17871 Views)

2023 Election, My Prediction Based On Facts And Reality. / The Billionaire Lifestyle Of Nigerian Politicians In The Poverty Capital (Photo) / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by fallout87: 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
The funniest part is he didn't provide any facts... he just told them to go talk to other people to get them. grin

He doesn't even know what is going on!

2 Likes

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by GoodGovernance: 12:22pm On Jan 10, 2019
LiveByNight:
Everytime this man speaks he truly reminds us all that he is uneducated
What a stupid comment to make

Buhari is probably more educated than you,because only educated people know that there is difference between facts and figures.

Figures could be cooked up or inaccurate, whilst facts are sacred.

In essence,figures are not always the facts.

2 Likes

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by ikechemez(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
It's true and realistic figures that amounts to facts Mumu, ode, anumpomma President Buhari
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by buharitill2023: 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dreambeat:
Are facts not better than figures? Somebody should educate me.

Agree: Figures are facts
figure can be any number which is not a fact.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Angelfrost(m): 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
I am completely neutral politically, but methinks Buhari needs better advisers on how to handle interviews... And it is terribly funny how educated people here are defining facts as figures, and vice versa.
Anyway, Buhari lied yet again... He and his party have been working with pointless figures since inception, because to accept the cold facts on ground would put their re-election bid in serious jeopardy.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2019
[s]
GoodGovernance:

Buhari is probably more educated than you,because only educated people know that there is difference between facts and figures.

Figures could be cooked up or inaccurate, whilst facts are sacred.

In essence,figures are not always the facts.
[/s]

Wow

Look at the irrelevant nonsense you wrote ?

In context of the question he was asked his response is down right stupid
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Doyin2(m): 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
ikechemez:
It's true and realistic figures that amounts to facts Mumu, ode, anumpomma President Buhari

I pity your predicament.

Intelligence is not common.

Buhari ,a much more intelligent person than you, was telling the interviewer that the figures were not true and realistic and thus doesn't represent the facts

SMH

1 Like

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Doyin2(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
LiveByNight:
[s][/s]

Wow

Stupidity is when you think figures always represent the facts.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2019
Doyin2:

Stupidity is when you think figures always represent the facts.

You be dummy o
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by buharitill2023: 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2019
aonag:

they are one and same depending on how you see it
figures can be any number which is not a fact.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by buharitill2023: 12:47pm On Jan 10, 2019
BlessMySoul:
But its a fact that everybody is hungry under your useless leadership na!!.

Coz if you are not hungry, I am hungry oo.
everybody has be hungry since 1960.
that is a fact, is not fictitious figure.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by GoodGovernance: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
LiveByNight:
[s][/s]

Wow

Yours is much more nonsensical.

Which useless context?

Buhari simply disputed the figures based on what he assumed to be the facts..And he has the absolute right to do so!

''Poverty capital'' of the world, based on figures from a foreign organisation,which accuracy is in doubt.

How did they arrive at their figures and how accurate?

Did they really conduct accurate census of the poverty level in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by uzolexis(f): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
alsudan:
How can sane humans want this thing to continue as President?

The same question I ask myself everyday.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by CoolAmbience(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2019
Originality007:
grin grin grin and where are the facts?

The president was damn right.

Figures from where exactly?

Why would Nigeria be said to be poorer now that it has a trade surplus of around N400billion than when it sunk in deficits of several billions? It doesn't just add up. As a country, we have never produced more foods at any other time than we have done before. I belong to one of Africa's largest business forums and I make bold to say that I have yet to see more people involved in agric-related ventures, with verifiable outomes, as I have seen in the past three years.

So many of the people who could be said to be hunger-stricken, which of course are mostly children and women, have been dragged into the broad net of the Social Investment Programme. I am talking about over 7 million children. Market women, in their hundreds of thousands, have received various forms of support to grow their businesses. Workers salaries are paid promptly by the FG.

Did the journalist who asked the question reference a source? What's her source? People can't be allowed to just bandy figures around in the guise of facts.

Figures don't make any sense without facts.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by CoolAmbience(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2019
InaNla:
Foolish president of rogues.

You must be an incurable fool!
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Angelfrost(m): 12:57pm On Jan 10, 2019
GoodGovernance:

Yours is much more nonsensical.

Which useless context?

Buhari simply disputed the figures based on what he assumed to be the facts..And he has the absolute right to do so!

''Poverty capital'' of the world, based on figures from a foreign organisation,which accuracy is in doubt.

How did they arrive at their figures and how accurate?

Did they really conduct accurate census of the poverty level in Nigeria?

My good man, facts are irrefutable, and not subject to personal assumption... You can lie with, and manipulate figures but the facts are there for all to see... So, how is it a fact that the poverty level of this nation has not worsened since 2015??!... I will wait.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Kiriakorode321(m): 12:59pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mr President with due respect, the figure about poverty increasing rate being higher is very much correct as against your fact, as I speak I Kiriakorode Buhari Ebiowei Samuel barely eat a balance diet in this your administration.Thank you Mr President, The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and long live our great country Nigeria.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by CoolAmbience(m): 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2019
Dreambeat:
Are facts not better than figures? Somebody should educate me.

Agree: Figures are facts

Figures aren't facts.

Facts are mostly tangible, verifiable and usually emanate from authorities in the defined area with capacity to defend them whereas figures are measures from estimates which may be generated by unauthorized persons, hence have to backed with facts to make real sense. Figures rely on the dexterity of the individual to ascertain its correctness while facts are hinged on consistency, provability and reality.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by chiedozie198100: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2019
that nigeria is the world capital is the fact.
and this fact was deduced from the figures collated.

BUHARI IS A DUMMY.

there's no way u can get the facts on this issue without looking at the figures.

what a shame we have this thing as our president.

1 Like

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by PresidentAtiku(m): 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Buhari

SUPREME dullard!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

See the president of a 21st century country abeg!!!
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by CoolAmbience(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
Niorte:
So disrespectful, some of the interviewers bursted into laughter!!

Buhari said: You worked with figures, I worked with facts.

Someone should explain o.

What is there to explain? Did the interviewer name a source for her stat? It is simple, go to the minster whose job centers around food security to see what has been done. He mentioned the CBN governor because of the administration's key Anchor Borrower's policy, which is designed to drive local production of major food crops.

Firstly, the price of a bag of fertilizer has reduced by around 50% in the bid to scale local production. Several moribund fertilizer blending plants have been revitalized. More than ten mechanized rice mills have been setup across the country on account of favorable agric climate; and rice importation has dropped by over 80% in three years. Are these supposed to increase hunger and poverty? That's the question.

It makes no sense to say that Nigerians are more hungry now.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by InaNla(f): 1:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
CoolAmbience:

You must be an incurable fool!

Like your poopsy... grin
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by layuns(m): 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Figures might be 50% - 60% real and the rest concocted while facts is 90% - 95% real.
crownwealth:
Dullardino indeed.

What is the difference between facts & figures? Brain dead!
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by GoodGovernance: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
Angelfrost:

My good man, facts are irrefutable, and not subject to personal assumption... You can lie with, and manipulate figures but the facts are there for all to see... So, how is it a fact that the poverty level of this nation has not worsened since 2015??!... I will wait.

Great!

At least you are well educated to know that figures are different from facts.Figures become facts only if accurate and not disputable.

Just ignore the word "assumed'' so that we can face the facts cheesy

That the poverty level of the nation has worsened can only be an assumption.It becomes a fact when supported by accurate data.

But the FACT is that local food security has improved based on verifiable and accurate data from CBN,on reduction in food monthly import bill,from from $665.4m to $160.4m .

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/12/01/emefiele-nigerias-monthly-import-bill-drops-from-665-4m-to-160-4m-promises-to-sustain-stability-in-the-forex-market/

That remains a fact until disputed by an alternative and more accurate data,not argument or assumption..

The so called rating of ''Poverty capital" by a foreign body is mere ''figuristic'' estimate ,very disputable.

At least I know that nobody came to my village to carry out any census!

As a matter of fact it is not possible for any foreign organisation to successfully carry out accurate census of poverty in about 190 countries of the world.

They simply do not have the capacity to do so!!!!

Whereas,CBN has accurate records of all official food imports into the country.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by danjaD(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2019
This clearly shows this man will mess up in the debate.

Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by GoodGovernance: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
CoolAmbience:

The president was damn right.

Figures from where exactly?

Why would Nigeria be said to be poorer now that it has a trade surplus of around N400billion than when it sunk in deficits of several billions? It doesn't just add up. As a country, we have never produced more foods at any other time than we have done before. I belong to one of Africa's largest business forums and I make bold to say that I have yet to see more people involved in agric-related ventures, with verifiable outomes, as I have seen in the past three years.

So many of the people who could be said to be hunger-stricken, which of course are mostly children and women, have been dragged into the broad net of the Social Investment Programme. I am talking about over 7 million children. Market women, in their hundreds of thousands, have received various forms of support to grow their businesses. Workers salaries are paid promptly by the FG.

Did the journalist who asked the question reference a source? What's her source? People can't be allowed to just bandy figures around in the guise of facts.

Figures don't make any sense without facts.

Q.E.D.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by abayolb: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2019
With some OF Nigerians reasoning of baba buhari...ATIKU IS OUR SAVIOUR....PDP THE PARTY THAT SHOULD NOT EXIT AGAIN....minitry drop power for PDP......PDP LOST POWER...
ATIKU DECAMP WHERE TO --------
OBJ. DECAMP WHERE TO -------
SARAKI DECAMP WHERE TO-------
ARE WE NOT WISE,WHO CAUSE RECESSION(PDP)
CRUDE OIL DROP___EMPTY TREASURY-----NAIRA FALL.----- DOLLAR RISE-----PRICE OF GOODS SKYROCKETED---WE BLAMED BUBU---AS FOR ME I SEE SAI BABA TILL 2023---AND THE NEXT PRESIDENT CANDIDATE WILL BE YORUBA---SARAKI YOU ARE COMING BACK TO APC President candidate for APC 2023...North your tenure is over...This Atiku you will come and used eight years...AGAIN....AS FOR ME IF YOU EMERGE WINNER..ONE Nigerian....BUT AS FOR I HATE PDP....THE WINDOW TRANSFER OPEN (SIGN)
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Sectis(m): 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
My only prayer for any Nigerian that will vote this disaster called Buhari, shall experience every effects of his government and the anger of God shall rest of them all. The blood of the innocents shall cry in there home. Since some people have determined to continue with evil, let evil follow them too.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by CoolAmbience(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
InaNla:

Like your poopsy... grin

I meant foolishness runs in your generation.
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Niangollan42: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2019
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by InaNla(f): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
CoolAmbience:

I meant foolishness runs in my generation.

I can confirm that from your joblessness and support for terrorist elements. You will not escape punishment of the gods. Omo'ale... grin
Re: "I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital by Acidosis(m): 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
What's this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Rivers PDP Sacks Senator Sekibo As Caucus Leader / Atiku Had Not Moved On Yet - By Charles Awuzie / Buhari Appoints Bisi Adegbuyi As Post-master Chief Executive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.