Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? (1072 Views)

Married Women Don't Care About Condoms When They Cheat / Why Do Some Family Members Act Like They Don't Care / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
Why is that the Average young single Nigerian lady in their 20s don't care to save for the future? undecided undecided undecided

This is something I came to conclusion about all over the years, Girlfriends never ask you about how you save or try to make you courteous about spending money & all. They themselves don't even save that much, except those earning a huge salary, they prefer packaging themselves to look good, buying the latest wig/weavon rather than investing or saving money.

A lady would look so good & well packaged, using latest iPhone without 30k cash in her account, No savings at all. Nothing, no shii shii.

Late 2017, I had some money with me, I wanted to invest & also had an eye for a nice looking Car (I've had this in mind for a while now), was left in-between decisions. Every one of my Girlfriends were so excited & advised me to buy the car instead & Fvck investment (Well, they didn't really say it this way, but pretty much sums it up).

The only time the discussion of savings come is when marriage talks has entered, she will now accuse me that I haven't been saving.

Girl: "Ah Jide, what have you been doing with your money sinceeeee."
Me: Spending it on you obviously ¯\_(๑❛--❛๑)_/¯ Everytime you always want Pizza & coldstone ice cream with Special Toppings remember?

It seems to me that younger women in Nigeria specifically like the "perception of being Rich" rather than being actually Rich (Money in the bank itself).

Most young women don't save, they just spend spend & spend. Why?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Olalan(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2019
Not all thou we have some really smart and intelligent girls who right from their early 20's know what they want in life and also know that life inst in taking pictures and slaying around town

4 Likes

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 10, 2019
Its not just a lady thing, most guys around dat age Dont save. Its a general thing with some youth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by CreepyBlackpool: 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2019
Why in the world would they save money?

As long as they still have pucci and boobs they can always get money whenever they want.

Thats the typical Nigerian girl's mentality

1 Like

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Martinez19(m): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2019
Spending money recklessly is common in naive young people(boys and girls) who have had it easy in one way or the other. Don't worry, they will learn the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Raalsalghul: 6:52pm On May 16, 2020
Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Divay22(f): 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Save for the rainy day.
Some youths believe in spending it all now and hoping tomorrow will take care of itself. But it really doesn't work that way.
I save and i advice anyone i love to do same no matter how little you earn.

We buy things we don't need to impress people we don't know, who doesn't even like us or give a f*ck about us.
I constantly have to remind myself that "somethings i Want are not necessary" and i can do without them.

I paid my acceptance fees and other of my registration from the money i saved while i was working.
Anytime i visit the mall and any money i calculate on spending there, i already made sure i have saved twice or thrice of it in my koko .
Saving money is one thing i don't joke with.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by TripA(m): 9:15pm On May 16, 2020
I know a handful of ladies that save and smart ....

dude just need to start rolling with smart people ....I'm the dumbest in my click that why am here on NL

1 Like

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:14pm On May 16, 2020
I wonder the type of immature guys they raise these days
there are many girls out there who have good money in their bank accounts. be there fooling yourself with this your useless misogynist mindset. Don't go and do something meaningful with ur life
be there deceiving urself.
Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:39pm On May 16, 2020
Because they see this already as the future
Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by AfroKnight: 10:51pm On May 16, 2020
Nice observation.

Such women think they can always cash out on their beauty or even the simple fact of their gender. And this mentality persists because a number of men are idîots. They humour these lazy brokeass ladies by footing their bills saying “it’s nothing. I can afford it.” However this actually betrays the underlying insecurity in such men. They know they stand no chance with women of substance so they proceed to purchase the affection of mentally indigent slay queens.

If you are patient enough to seek out a woman who is content with her earnings and projections as well as confident in her ability to make wealth by hard work and strategy, you would never settle for these bimbos who offer nothing but thirst traps to survive.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by jawalis(m): 10:54pm On May 16, 2020
The only future they save for is their wedding. Anything outside that, they will always put it on men. And if the man can’t satisfy her financial needs, they call him BROKE

1 Like

Re: Why Is That The Average Young Nigerian Lady Don't Care To Save For The Future? by maximusprime2000: 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
dont be a learner to think this girls dont save o. if you no i calculative these girls are, u will volunteer to go face boko haram in thick of sambisa forest. they save a lot but only love to spend our money alone.wake the Bleep up and asked a wife that built a storey buildin without the consent of her husband who is still ridin keke.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Share Half Of Your Wealth With Your Wife If She Insist On Divorce / Are You Looking For A Pencil Artist In Asaba, Delta state or environs / 10 Types Of Women Nigerian Men Love To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.