Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,420 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO (6432 Views)

The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by macof(m): 2:06pm On Feb 17, 2019
goalernestman:

The Powerful Kingdom in Nigeria and first Empire recognized by foreign traders was (Ubini) Edo Kingdom. The Edo King captured many towns such as Eko which is now Lagos and also captured Ijebu and Edo Kingdom was stretched from Ijebu and Lagos to Republic of Darhomey which is now change to Republic of Benin. Respect for the priestly functions of the Oni of Ife was a crucial factor in the evolution of Yoruba ethnicity. The Ife model of government was adept and derived its military strength from its cavalry forces, which established hegemony over the adjacent Nupe and the Borgu kingdoms and thereby developed trade routes farther to the north.

Edoland established a community in the Yoruba-speaking area east of Ubini before becoming a dependency of Benin Kingdom at the beginning of the 14th century. By the 15th century it became an independent trading power, blocking Ife's access to the coastal ports as Oyo had cut off the mother city from the savanna. Political and religious authority resided in the oba (king) who according to tradition was descended from the Ogiso dynasty in Benin Kingdom. Benin, which may have housed much inhabitants at its height, spread over large square km that were enclosed by concentric rings of earthworks. By the late 15th century Edo Kingdom was in contact with Portugal who discovered an Empire of great men with civilization and resources (palm oil, ivory, cotton etc.) which was traded through a trade of import and export of natural resources which has been part of Edo culture. At its apogee in the 16th and 17th centuries, Edo encompassed parts of southeastern Yorubaland,and the western parts of the present Delta State.
there's no way to even respond to this

I thought bini empire stretched over all of Africa up till oyinbo land?
Is that not what you tell yourselves?

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2019
Weedfree:

That's it man u never listen how many times do I have to tell u that Benin kingdom never conquered ijebu kingdom. If u bother to check records u would know that ijebu kingdom was never conquered by any kingdom and during that time after oyo empire the second most powerful kingdom is ijebu kingdom. Since u said oyo empire didn't exist won't that make ijebu kingdom the most powerful kingdom get u facts straight next time.

1 history can be written but pictures will be difficult to

2 and also i think Yoruba have their own staff i see one with oni of ife why can them transfer some to all this kings using benin staff

this is lagos king and the king of Ondo State using ada and eben of benin empire staff of office

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jara: 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
Don't you get it?

It is because Ile-Binu is Yoruba

goalernestman:

2 and also i think Yoruba have their own staff i see one with oni of ife why can them transfer some to all this kings using benin staff

this is lagos king and the king of Ondo State using ada and eben of benin empire staff of office

2 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Weedfree: 6:39pm On Feb 18, 2019
goalernestman:

Yet again using the word king of Lagos,he is just a king of a section of Lagos that belongs to Benin and all kings of Yoruba land come to collect their staff of office from ife except ijebu.

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 8:20pm On Feb 19, 2019
Weedfree:

Yet again using the word king of Lagos,he is just a king of a section of Lagos that belongs to Benin and all kings of Yoruba land come to collect their staff of office from ife except ijebu.

why not google ancient map of Africa
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Weedfree: 12:42am On Feb 20, 2019
goalernestman:

why not google ancient map of Africa

AND WHAT WILL I find out that I don't already know yeah sure u got ur map that clearly shows Benin kingdom conquered all of Nigeria but u have to figure out that not all maps made by Europeans are accurate. Alot of maps I saw always have Yoruba controlled the whole of South west and some even misspelled Yoruba like one map called it YARRIBA and because u could only find one map out of countless u belief ur map is accurate.

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by goalernestman: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
Weedfree:

AND WHAT WILL I find out that I don't already know yeah sure u got ur map that clearly shows Benin kingdom conquered all of Nigeria but u have to figure out that not all maps made by Europeans are accurate. Alot of maps I saw always have Yoruba controlled the whole of South west and some even misspelled Yoruba like one map called it YARRIBA and because u could only find one map out of countless u belief ur map is accurate.

any any where you find Yoruba or oyo is a Yoruba writer that change it or Yoruba editor

any where u find benin are the true europen account of what they saw in Nigeria then

the accurate one is Benin or bight of benin

you should think if it was Yoruba why was the ocean that flows below it not called bale of yoruba or bale of oyo

even lagos first name was given to them by benin who contro the state before it even in the history of lagos till now.

Lagos then was under republic of benin. making it one of the city in benin and where benin later traded with the European
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Weedfree: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
goalernestman:

any any where you find Yoruba or oyo is a Yoruba writer that change it or Yoruba editor

any where u find benin are the true europen account of what they saw in Nigeria then

the accurate one is Benin or bight of benin

you should think if it was Yoruba why was the ocean that flows below it not called bale of yoruba or bale of oyo

even lagos first name was given to them by benin who contro the state before it even in the history of lagos till now.

Lagos then was under republic of benin. making it one of the city in benin and where benin later traded with the European

IF what u a saying is true why don't u provide other maps to prove ur claim instead of using the same old map and the oba of Benin descendants may be the oba of Lagos but he got the crown from the aworis who occupied a part of Lagos not all of it. if that is the case then why do we have ijebus in Lagos who claim to be the first settlers of Lagos. The reason I mentioned that not all maps are accurate and I never argued with u about the bight of Benin as I said they may be the most favoured by the Portuguese.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2020
jara:
The best way to solve all the recent rancorous argument between children of Ogiso and Yoruba is to erase Bini and Oba from your culture and start teaching us about the accomplishment of Ogiso before Oba.

Destroy the worship and celebrations of Ogun, Osun etc and ban Yoruba names from Bini heritage.

The Bini that were accepted in Lagos see themselves as Yoruba. If Bini claim they are not Yoruba, they have undercut and remove themselves from Lagos and other Yoruba heritage.

Everyone can then exist peacefully in their own domain.
As a Proud Yoruba man I fully support this message, the Oranmiyan and the wave of migrants that went to Igodomigodo land to go and mix with the Aborigines are messing and distorting history. The Oba of Benin is Oranmiyan descendant from Ile Ife, Oranmiyan did not only gave birth to Eweka who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo, he also gave birth to Sango who is half Yoruba half Nupe, so Eweka and Sango are half brothers. Eweka who is Oranmiyan's son started the Obaship which is the Benin empire, Before Oranmiyan came into the land of Igodomigodo, there was nothing like Benin and the Ogisos never built an Empire. No hard feelings but If possible we should stop inter marrying because I do not like this distortion in history, the fallacy and conspiracy of Ekaladerhan was started by Oba Erediauwa because the Ogiamen/ Ogiso who are the real Aborigines of that land wanted to dethrone him, then he started writing lies to keep his throne, we Yorubas are against it. A lot of Benin pages of Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms are now defending and propagating this lies example of such page is The Great Benin Emancipation, Great Benin Descendants etc. Oba Eweka is the son of Oranmiyan from Ife, he created the Benin empire, to ascertain this fact, Oba Eweka head was even buried at Ile Ife Osun state and so as his descendant till the 18th century because Ovonramwen was banished to Calabar. We Yorubas are not calling for the Oba of Benin to come join us, because we do not wish for them to be part of us as we respect their rights to self determination, we just do not tolerate the history distortions. Ekiokpagha treaty is another document that debunked the propaganda of Ekaladerhan orchestrated by Oba Erediauwa, but it obvious the Benin generation of this era do not accept historical facts and evidence. Enough of history distortion and everyone should stay their lane.

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 9:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
jneutron4000:
[s]As a Proud Yoruba man I fully support this message, the Oranmiyan and the wave of migrants that went to Igodomigodo land to go and mix with the Aborigines are messing and distorting history. The Oba of Benin is Oranmiyan descendant from Ile Ife, Oranmiyan did not only gave birth to Eweka who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo, he also gave birth to Sango who is half Yoruba half Nupe, so Eweka and Sango are half brothers. Eweka who is Oranmiyan's son started the Obaship which is the Benin empire, Before Oranmiyan came into the land of Igodomigodo, there was nothing like Benin and the Ogisos never built an Empire. No hard feelings but If possible we should stop inter marrying because I do not like this distortion in history, the fallacy and conspiracy of Ekaladerhan was started by Oba Erediauwa because the Ogiamen/ Ogiso who are the real Aborigines of that land wanted to dethrone him, then he started writing lies to keep his throne, we Yorubas are against it. A lot of Benin pages of Facebook, YouTube and other social media platforms are now defending and propagating this lies example of such page is The Great Benin Emancipation, Great Benin Descendants etc. Oba Eweka is the son of Oranmiyan from Ife, he created the Benin empire, to ascertain this fact, Oba Eweka head was even buried at Ile Ife Osun state and so as his descendant till the 18th century because Ovonramwen was banished to Calabar. We Yorubas are not calling for the Oba of Benin to come join us, because we do not wish for them to be part of us as we respect their rights to self determination, we just do not tolerate the history distortions. Ekiokpagha treaty is another document that debunked the propaganda of Ekaladerhan orchestrated by Oba Erediauwa, but it obvious the Benin generation of this era do not accept historical facts and evidence. Enough of history distortion and everyone should stay their lane[/s].

Show me any historical records where the ekiokpagha treaty was mentioned

So Ogiamen that claims to collect rent for up to 800 years cannot show boundary of the leased land according to the same treaty they shout about

The funny thing is that u believe it

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Show me any historical records where the ekiokpagha treaty was mentioned

So Ogiamen that claims to collect rent for up to 800 years cannot show boundary of the leased land according to the same treaty they shout about

The funny thing is that u believe it
https://greatbenin.org/treaties/the-ekiokpagha-treaty/

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 1:03am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
https://greatbenin.org/treaties/the-ekiokpagha-treaty/

Lol.... Thats another bunch of lies again

First of, the treaty has many times been found to be a ruse...
According to history, When the last Ogiso died, the elders chose a leader Evian to lead them until they found a new king...when Evian became old, he wanted to put his son as king and this angered the chiefs who went to Ife to bring Oranmiyan to Benin.. Oranmiyan then left Benin but left behind his son who grew up with the chiefs although dumb and his first words according to history was owomika after playing a marble game... It was later corrupted to Eweka..
After all this happened, Ogiamen who was the son of Evian refused to serve Eweka after being denied the throne.. then he gathered an army to fight the Oba and he was defeated at Ekiopagha

This excerpt of the story can be found in Egharevba "Short story of Benin kingdom" published in 1960

Now.. this is the earliest indigenous accounts of the history of Benin... And it happens to be more logical and true than the latest lies that we are hearing.

Where in the world have u heard of the defeated determining terms of a treaty?
According to the earliest accounts, Ogiamen who wanted the throne back was defeated and they paid homage to the Oba... So there was no account of any such treaty happening.
The obaship has been for more than 800 years.. Benin have had contact with the Europeans and there is no account from either the Europeans nor the Benin then that they paid rent to a certain Ogiamen.. all those lies started this century and late last century

According to the pic u shared, Ogiamen erebo was allegedly said to have marked a demarcation on the land purportedly sold to the Oba... That means there were two kingdoms in Benin land... .. So if this was true, then what happened to Ogiamen sphere of influence in the land not sold especially as they deny that they were not defeated by conquest. Infact as at now, there is no place known as Ekiopagha in Benin..Even if there was, it would be in sakponba road being that it's where the Ogiamen house is.But as at present the Ogiamen doesn't have influence over their own Street (Utantan) at sakponba road not to talk of being the overlord of great Benin kingdom...

If he was allegedly the ruler of the land not demarcated to the Oba, is there any verifiable story of how he lost his own territory to the Benin?

Also another laughable but untrue story abt the pic u posted is that
A sanction of death penalty will be passed on any king that violates the treaty

Can a commoner proclaim death sentence on a king and it will be passed? cheesy
I don't know if it's done like so in Yoruba land but it's not done like that in Benin...
Ogiamen that is powerless, have no influence in the policies of the kingdom CANNOT ever in their lifetime place a death sentence on a king. It has never been recorded in history that such happened and will never hapo
Why did u think the Ogiamen that have no influence in their Street will determine who obeys their fraudulent treaty
Who'll pass it? The chiefs, the people of Benin who are ever loyal to the oba or jneutron from far away osogbo cheesy

Lastly another evidence that Ogiamen is not the descendant of Ogiso is their family greeting.... This was started by Ogiso ogbomo to trace the origin of families in Benin kingdom
The Ogiamen greet laire... Which says that they are the descendant of the Eholo more
The Ogiso greet laiso

PS: The person championing the false treaty is not even from the Ogiamen family. His name Richard Arisco Osemwimgie is already a giveaway to the fact that he is not from the Ogiamen family and has no right, backing, Law to claim abt any fraudulent treaty that he hopes to use to get rich.... A true Ogiamen would have Ogiamen as his surname.. not Osemwimgie.

His family have already come out to dissociate demselves from someone who aims to use their name to blow. See links below

http://revolutiontimes.info/pg/226/single.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=ogiamien+family+dissociates+themselves+from+prince+arisco&oq=ogiamien&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60j69i59.4094j0j4&client=ms-android-alcatel&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl1uLYnFZLA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 1:54am On Dec 10, 2020
1) How a treaty is signed in a period in which the people of the region have no formal (written) language is beyond me.
2) How a guy born after 1900's can remember a thing which he claims took place in the 1200's is also beyond me.

3) One has to ask: how can information of a thing which happened in the 1200's trickle down to our era ?
Take a look at european or egyptian history: it is not about stories or hearsay or "traditions", rather it is about surviving texts: You know a thing took place because a person who witnessed it wrote it down and his text is still available. Consulting such a document is what we call history.

There is no other way information can trickle down several hundred years before the invention of video.
But nigerians are gullible and don't think rationnaly.

Oranmiyan is a made up story. There was no oduduwa, there was no ogiso, there have only ever been the Oba for as long as information has actually trickled down (from texts written by people who were in the region in the precolonial era).

Obviously it is only where the people really lack education and common sense that these claims of oranmiyan, ogiso, 1200's treaty in our region... could be taken seriously.

samuk
Areafada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234
valirex
goalernestman
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

According to history, When the last Ogiso died, the elders chose a leader Evian to lead them until they found a new king...when Evian became old, he wanted to put his son as king and this angered the chiefs who went to Ife to bring Oranmiyan to Benin.. Oranmiyan then left Benin but left behind his son who grew up with the chiefs although dumb and his first words according to history was owomika after playing a marble game... It was later corrupted to Eweka..
After all this happened, Ogiamen who was the son of Evian refused to serve Eweka after being denied the throne.. then he gathered an army to fight the Oba and he was defeated at Ekiopagha

This excerpt of the story can be found in Egharevba "Short story of Benin kingdom" published in 1960

Now.. this is the earliest indigenous accounts of the history of Benin... And it happens to be more logical and true than the latest lies that we are hearing.

According to the earliest accounts, Ogiamen who wanted the throne back was defeated and they paid homage to the Oba... So there was no account of any such treaty happening.
The obaship has been for more than 800 years.. Benin have had contact with the Europeans and there is no account from either the Europeans nor the Benin then that they paid rent to a certain Ogiamen.. all those lies started this century and late last century

According to the pic u shared, Ogiamen erebo was allegedly said to have marked a demarcation on the land purportedly sold to the Oba... That means there were two kingdoms in Benin land... .. So if this was true, then what happened to Ogiamen sphere of influence in the land not sold especially as they deny that they were not defeated by conquest. Infact as at now, there is no place known as Ekiopagha in Benin..Even if there was, it would be in sakponba road being that it's where the Ogiamen house is.But as at present the Ogiamen doesn't have influence over their own Street (Utantan) at sakponba road not to talk of being the overlord of great Benin kingdom...

If he was allegedly the ruler of the land not demarcated to the Oba, is there any verifiable story of how he lost his own territory to the Benin?

I don't know if it's done like so in Yoruba land but it's not done like that in Benin...
Ogiamen that is powerless, have no influence in the policies of the kingdom CANNOT ever in their lifetime place a death sentence on a king. It has never been recorded in history that such happened and will never hapo
Why did u think the Ogiamen that have no influence in their Street will determine who obeys their fraudulent treaty
Who'll pass it? The chiefs, the people of Benin who are ever loyal to the oba or jneutron from far away osogbo cheesy

PS: The person championing the false treaty is not even from the Ogiamen family. His name Richard Arisco Osemwimgie is already a giveaway to the fact that he is not from the Ogiamen family and has no right, backing, Law to claim abt any fraudulent treaty that he hopes to use to get rich.... A true Ogiamen would have Ogiamen as his surname.. not Osemwimgie.

His family have already come out to dissociate demselves from someone who aims to use their name to blow. See links below

https://www.google.com/search?q=ogiamien+family+dissociates+themselves+from+prince+arisco&oq=ogiamien&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j69i57j69i60j69i59.4094j0j4&client=ms-android-alcatel&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

That treaty is a fact, and it obvious the Oba and those loyal to the King, wants that treaty Abolished and all this story you just stated are still part of the conspiracy theory to twist historical facts. The Ogiso dynasty did not just come to an end, something happened which was the coming of Oranmiyan into that land. Some Aborigines knows this truth and they are fighting to remove the Oba of Benin who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo so has to be the rightful traditional leader of that land. The story of Ekaladerhan was a fabricated story from the Oba of Benin to keep his throne. Oba of Benin established a formidable empire that terminated the Ogisos dynasty and as you can see till date, any form of kingdom that wants to come up in Edo state today and the Oba of Benin palace feels threatened by it, he goes after it and see to the destruction of such kingdom, just like what they are doing to Ogiamen. This things are so obvious but you people keep distorting history. Ekiokpagha is a pure fact that all this conspiracy of claiming it falsehood can not bring down. Anyways my first post if just clamouring for Benin to stay their lane and stop pushing falsehood against Yoruba all because you want to keep your throne from the Aborigines of the land Igodomigodo.

3 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 2:01am On Dec 10, 2020
The title "Oba" is the title of the Oba of Benin. The first yoruba to start using it in his title is aderami adesoji, he was the ooni of ife in the 1930's. He was called "Ooni of ife, sir adesoji aderemi" for years before he changed it into "ooni of ife, oba adesoji aderemi.

So yoruba asking the Oba of Benin to change his own title into a mythical title "ogiso" is just like Benin republic asking Benin Kingdom to change it's name into a mythical name: igodomigodo.

You don't copy someone's name and then ask the owner of the name to abandon the name and take a mythical name.

Yoruba should rather be grateful to the original owner of the title "Oba" and stop acting like thieves.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 2:02am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
That treaty is a fact, and it obvious the Oba and those loyal to the King, wants that treaty Abolished and all this story you just started are still part of the conspiracy theory to twist historical facts. The Ogiso dynasty did not just come to an end, something happened which was the coming of Oranmiyan into that land. Some Aborigines knows this truth and they are fighting to remove the Oba of Benin who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo so has to be the rightful traditional leader of that land. The story of Ekaladerhan was a fabricated story from the Oba of Benin to keep his throne. Oba of Benin established a formidable empire that terminated the Ogisos dynasty and as you can see till date, any form of kingdom that wants to come up in Edo state today and the Oba of Benin palace feels threatened by it, he goes after it and see to the destruction of such kingdom, just like what they are doing to Ogiamen. This things are so obvious but you people keep distorting history. Ekiokpagha is a pure fact that all this conspiracy of claiming it falsehood can not bring down. Anyways my first post if just clamouring for Benin to stay their lane and stop pushing falsehood against Yoruba all because you want to keep your throne from the Aborigines of the land Igodomigodo.

Read before commenting:
There was no ogiso:
mythbuster99999:
1) How a treaty is signed in a period in which the people of the region have no formal (written) language is beyond me.
2) How a guy born after 1900's can remember a thing which he claims took place in the 1200's is also beyond me.

3) One has to ask: how can information of a thing which happened in the 1200's trickle down to our era ?
Take a look at european or egyptian history: it is not about stories or hearsay or "traditions", rather it is about surviving texts: You know a thing took place because a person who witnessed it wrote it down and his text is still available. Consulting such a document is what we call history.

There is no other way information can trickle down several hundred years before the invention of video.
But nigerians are gullible and don't think rationnaly.

Oranmiyan is a made up story. There was no oduduwa, there was no ogiso, there have only ever been the Oba for as long as information has actually trickled down (from texts written by people who were in the region in the precolonial era).

Obviously it is only where the people really lack education and common sense that these claims of oranmiyan, ogiso, 1200's treaty in our region... could be taken seriously.
So look, all what you claimed, could you kindly substantiate them with proof ? (I know you can't because it is all fairytale)
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 2:11am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
That treaty is a fact, and it obvious the Oba and those loyal to the King, wants that treaty Abolished and all this story you just started are still part of the conspiracy theory to twist historical facts. The Ogiso dynasty did not just come to an end, something happened which was the coming of Oranmiyan into that land.
U don't know what happened and u believe to know the truth... By the way the ogiso dynasty came to an end when the last Ogiso was barren and his only child was banished.. the Ogiamen was never a descendant of the ogiso

Some Aborigines knows this truth and they are fighting to remove the Oba of Benin who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo so has to be the rightful traditional leader of that land. The story of Ekaladerhan was a fabricated story from the Oba of Benin to keep his throne. Oba of Benin established a formidable empire that terminated the Ogisos dynasty and as you can see till date, any form of kingdom that wants to come up in Edo state today and the Oba of Benin palace feels threatened by it, he goes after it and see to the destruction of such kingdom, just like what they are doing to Ogiamen.
Ekaladerhan is a fabricated story? Why? U think if the Oba was a supposed foreigner, it would have been News to us?

This things are so obvious but you people keep distorting history. Ekiokpagha is a pure fact that all this conspiracy of claiming it falsehood can not bring down. Anyways my first post if just clamouring for Benin to stay their lane and stop pushing falsehood against Yoruba all because you want to keep your throne from the Aborigines of the land Igodomigodo.
First u say that Ekiopagha is pure fact even while I've debunked it. Then u claim we are pushing falsehood to ur tribe which ironically is what u are doing

The funny thing is that its mostly people from other tribes that are championing this fake treaty that only gained prominence in this century

By the way.. since u are sure the treaty is a truth... Why not answer my bolded questions
Etinosa1234:

Etinosa1234:

2 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 10, 2020
The one thing i like with african revisionist is that their revisionism relies on the fact most people in the region are for lack of a better word: dumb as fvck because of lack of education and intelectual lazyness. It doesn't take more than 5 seconds to see through african revisionists.

1) No ogiso
2) no oranmiyan
3) no oduduwa

If you take a closer look at the oduduwa story, you would see that it is actually that of Oba Ovonramwen:

The exiled King of Benin whose son Oba eweka II comes back home to rule ... Does this ring a bell ?

1)Oduduwa = Oba Ovonramwen !
2)Oranmiyan= Oba Eweka II !

And it has nothing to do with ife but Calabar instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuq8GDAqhgs

samuk
Areafada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234
valirex
goalernestman
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 10, 2020
Obviously the oduduwa myth must have been inspired from the actual history of Oba Ovonramwen and Oba Eweka II.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 4:55am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:
The one thing i like with african revisionist is that their revisionism relies on the fact most people in the region are for lack of a better word: dumb as fvck because of lack of education and intelectual lazyness. It doesn't take more than 5 seconds to see through african revisionists.

1) No ogiso
2) no oranmiyan
3) no oduduwa

If you take a closer look at the oduduwa story, you would see that it is actually that of Oba Ovonramwen:

The exiled King of Benin whose son Oba eweka II comes back home to rule ... Does this ring a bell ?

1)Oduduwa = Oba Ovonramwen !
2)Oranmiyan= Oba Eweka II !

And it has nothing to do with ife but Calabar instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuq8GDAqhgs

samuk
Areafada2
gregyboy
Etinosa1234
valirex
goalernestman

If Oduduwa Oduduwa never existed then why were the Yoruba people serving Orun Ọba Ado and Orun Iyoba shrines?

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

If Oduduwa Oduduwa never existed then why were the Yoruba people serving Orun Ọba Ado and Orun Iyoba shrines?

So to you the fact somebody today is serving a shrine today proves that 800 or so years ago there was a man named oduduwa who did some magical stuff ?
If I start serving bugsbunny shrine today, would that mean that 2000 years ago, there was a great warrior king named bugs bunny ?
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 4:59am On Dec 10, 2020
I don't know why you guys (most nigerians south, east and west, north, middle belt, midwest) are so backward intellectually.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:10am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
That treaty is a fact, and it obvious the Oba and those loyal to the King, wants that treaty Abolished and all this story you just started are still part of the conspiracy theory to twist historical facts. The Ogiso dynasty did not just come to an end, something happened which was the coming of Oranmiyan into that land. Some Aborigines knows this truth and they are fighting to remove the Oba of Benin who is half Yoruba and half Idu/Igodomigodo so has to be the rightful traditional leader of that land. The story of Ekaladerhan was a fabricated story from the Oba of Benin to keep his throne. Oba of Benin established a formidable empire that terminated the Ogisos dynasty and as you can see till date, any form of kingdom that wants to come up in Edo state today and the Oba of Benin palace feels threatened by it, he goes after it and see to the destruction of such kingdom, just like what they are doing to Ogiamen. This things are so obvious but you people keep distorting history. Ekiokpagha is a pure fact that all this conspiracy of claiming it falsehood can not bring down. Anyways my first post if just clamouring for Benin to stay their lane and stop pushing falsehood against Yoruba all because you want to keep your throne from the Aborigines of the land Igodomigodo.

My brothers have already explained to you, all that there is to be explained, I will add to it by these few questions.

1. If what you say is true, and the Ọba of Benin wants to cancel the treaty, is he cancelling it on your head? How does it affect you? Na your blood he wan use cancel am?

2. If the Ọba is Half Benin Half Yoruba, wetin concern you? Na you he dey rule? We ask for town crier? Are we complaining?

3. Why do you Yorubas like crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:13am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

So to you the fact somebody today is serving a shrine today proves that 800 or so years ago there was a man named oduduwa who did some magical stuff ?
If I start serving bugsbunny shrine today, would that mean that 2000 years ago, there was a great warrior king named bugs bunny ?

That won't work because no one in that area would go that lane with you
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

That won't work because no one in that area would go that lane with you
What exactly won't work ?

Me trying to show you by example that people servicing a shrine does not translate to historical facts or me servicing a bugsbunny shrine ?

Information is a thing. How does information A go from the year 1200's to our current era ?
How many important events do you think happened in those 800 years ? Why would these particular extremely precised (even with several names: oduduwa, oranmiyan, ogiso...) information have travelled through more than 800 years while you basically know nothing which supposedly happened before or after (I trust some other story tellers are working on more myths to fill the blank).

Information is like a bag of rice, it doesn't just walk into your doorstep, it needs to be transported:

Documents written by eyewitnesses are the only vehicle to transport information through time in a period with no video !

To understand the concept of history, you guys should watch how egyptologs work and how specialists in european history work. To be frank, most nigerians are illiterates in history. You guys don't know it, but you are terrible at history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:21am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
jara:
The best way to solve all the recent rancorous argument between children of Ogiso and Yoruba is to erase Bini and Oba from your culture and start teaching us about the accomplishment of Ogiso before Oba.

Destroy the worship and celebrations of Ogun, Osun etc and ban Yoruba names from Bini heritage.

The Bini that were accepted in Lagos see themselves as Yoruba. If Bini claim they are not Yoruba, they have undercut and remove themselves from Lagos and other Yoruba heritage.

Everyone can then exist peacefully in their own domain.
[/s]

OP think before you type, Ọba doesn't mean king in Benin. And if you think we will stop teaching the great accomplishment of the Ọbas and how they conquered 2/3 of your people then you are dreaming.
Going further the fact that 2 different languages have similar words doesn't mean one can claim ownership, you Yorubas are so f**lish at times.
Take a look at this screenshot below, should Italy now claim ownership of the words over Spain or Spain should claim ownership of it over Italy?

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:25am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

Me trying to show you by example that people servicing a shrine does not translate to historical facts or me servicing a bugsbunny shrine ?

Information is a thing. How does information A go from the year 1200's to our current era ?
How many important events do you think happened in those 800 years ? Why would this particular extremely precised (even with several names: oduduwa, oranmiyan, ogiso...) information have travelled through more than 800 years while you basically know nothing which supposedly happened before or after (I trust some other story tellers are working on more myths to fill the blank).

Information is like a bag of rice, it doesn't just walk into your doorstep, it needs to be transported:

Documents written by eyewitnesses are the only vehicle to transport information through time in a period with no video !

Benin kingdom started 40BC are you now saying that about a thousand years should be cut off?
Simply because we want to please the Yoruba people? Hell na bro, not happening even if war breaks out we ain't gonna back down.
No Benin man is going your lane bro
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

How many important events do you think happened in those 800 years ? Why would these particular extremely precised (even with several names: oduduwa, oranmiyan, ogiso...) information have travelled through more than 800 years while you basically know nothing which supposedly happened before or after (I trust some other story tellers are working on more myths to fill the blank).

To understand the concept of history, you guys should watch how egyptologs work and how specialists in european history work. To be frank, most nigerians are illiterates in history. You guys don't know it, but you are terrible at history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

Benin kingdom started 40BC are you now saying that about a thousand years should be cut off?
Simply because we want to please the Yoruba people? Hell na bro, not happening even if war breaks out we ain't gonna back down.
No Benin man is going your lane bro
benin history started when the first surviving document about Benin written by an eyewitness was written. That is not 40 BC.
You guys in nigeria are illiterates in history. this includes your proffessors of history. Such a level of backwardness is a big disgrace, it feels like nigeria is intellectually where europe was several hundred years ago.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:29am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

Ọba of Benin recorded their history in Brass and the Ogiso recorded theirs in terracotta. All of this can be found in the British Museum. Bro have a rethink, our history is well recorded a little Google research will give you peace
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

Ọba of Benin recorded their history in Brass and the Ogiso recorded theirs in terracotta. All of this can be found in the British Museum. Bro have a rethink, our history is well recorded a little Google research will give you peace
Where is the name ogiso written in those terracotta ?
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

benin history started when the first surviving document about Benin written by an eyewitness was written. That is not 40 BC.
You guys in nigeria are illiterates in history. this includes your proffessors of history. Such a level of backwardness is a big disgrace, it feels like nigeria is intellectually where europe was several hundred years ago.

I can be rational and I can be irrational, the side you see is the one you ask for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Phat/chunky/big Girls / Oba Of Benin Is 30 Years On The Throne / Why Aren't Women Allowed To Build Houses Or Own Property?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.