Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,961 members, 7,952,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:23 AM

Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO (6775 Views)

The Battle Of The Titans: The Ogiso aborigines Vs Oba Of Benin / Bini Are Original Owners Of Lagos, Not Yoruba – Layi Ajayi-Bembe / The Ogiso Of Bini & Ijaw Came From Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Just so you all know, i live in europe and all I am saying are obvious to most people who live in europe.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

I can be rational and I can be irrational, the side you see is the one you ask for.
I don't get your point. I don't see how what you just said is in any way relevant to the conversation.
there obviously is a great intellectual gap between europe and nigeria.
And this is obvious when it comes to discussing history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:38am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

I don't get your point. I don't see how what you just said is in any way relevant to the conversation.
there obviously is a great intellectual gap between europe and nigeria.

How will you call someone an illiterate in his/her own history simply because the person doesn't want to agree with your revisionist idea you call history.
That's insulting
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:39am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

Where is the name ogiso written in those terracotta ?

I will answer this if you answer this question, what's your tribe?
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

How will you call someone an illiterate in his/her own history simply because the person doesn't want to agree with your revisionist idea you call history.
That's insulting
if the truth insults you, then you have trouble facing reality. It is a fact that you guys, most of you, in nigeria irrespective of tribe are illiterates in history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 5:42am On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

if the truth insults you, then you have trouble facing reality. It is a fact that you guys, most of you, in nigeria irrespective of tribe are illiterates in history.

Alright, you can as well go and argue with your literates. ITK
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

Alright, you can as well go and argue with your literates. ITK
Imagine a country in which mathematics is not taught at school, and yet the inhabitants all believe they are experts in mathematics ?

replace "mathematics" with "history" and you get nigeria.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 5:49am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
valirex:

My brothers have already explained to you, all that there is to be explained, I will add to it by these few questions.

1. If what you say is true, and the Ọba of Benin wants to cancel the treaty, is he cancelling it on your head? How does it affect you? Na your blood he wan use cancel am?

2. If the Ọba is Half Benin Half Yoruba, wetin concern you? Na you he dey rule? We ask for town crier? Are we complaining?

3. Why do you Yorubas like crying more than the bereaved?
[/s]Tell your brothers for social media such as Facebook and YouTube with the name such as great Benin emancipation, great Benin descendants etc to stop calling Yoruba in there stupid videos. Ww noticed the propaganda the IPOB sponsored against them under the name of Igodomigodo biafra really got to them and gave the Oba of Benin sleepless night, rather for the idiots to channel their response back to the propaganda against your Oba, the idiots started putting their stupid month into Yoruba history. We go open book for Una since una think say na una sabi talk. Make Una stay Una lane
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 6:01am On Dec 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U don't know what happened and u believe to know the truth... By the way the ogiso dynasty came to an end when the last Ogiso was barren and his only child was banished.. the Ogiamen was never a descendant of the ogiso

Ekaladerhan is a fabricated story? Why? U think if the Oba was a supposed foreigner, it would have been News to us?

First u say that Ekiopagha is pure fact even while I've debunked it. Then u claim we are pushing falsehood to ur tribe which ironically is what u are doing

The funny thing is that its mostly people from other tribes that are championing this fake treaty that only gained prominence in this century

By the way.. since u are sure the treaty is a truth... Why not answer my bolded questions
He was Barren and only child banished so una no see where to find am go, and you choose to claim he has to be Oduduwa. If Oranmiyan did not step foot into that land, all this fabricated story of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa wouldn't have come to play, and Igodomigodo land was not the only place Oranmiyan stepped into, he went also into Nupe land and Nupes and not putting out falsehood against Yorubas. Make Una just stay Una lane simple because there are pages reacting to IPOB propaganda concerning Edo land on Facebook and they are crossing their boundaries into Yoruba history and we would not sit and watch people distorting our history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 6:09am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
jneutron4000:
Tell your brothers for social media such as Facebook and YouTube with the name such as great Benin emancipation, great Benin descendants etc to stop calling Yoruba in there stupid videos. Ww noticed the propaganda the IPOB sponsored against them under the name of Igodomigodo biafra really got to them and gave the Oba of Benin sleepless night, rather for the idiots to channel their response back to the propaganda against your Oba, the idiots started putting their stupid month into Yoruba history. We go open book for Una since una think say na una sabi talk. Make Una stay Una lane
[/s]

Lol why you dey tell me grin, with all this nonsense you wrote it's seems they are hitting you lots where it hurts. I will be sending a screenshot of this to them to carry on grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 6:30am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:
[s]

Lol why you dey tell me grin, with all this nonsense you wrote it's seems they are hitting you lots where it hurts. I will be sending a screenshot of this to them to carry on grin
[/s]hahaha ok o make we continue na to see who the thing dey affect most grin Monkey Faze dey there dey give your Oba online uppercut everyday to the extent shame no dey gree make Oba of Benin fit come out from him hide out he call palace grin grin grin for we own side, we stand kakaraka, let us keep opening the history book, and see if the Idu/Igodomigodo children no go stone Oba of Benin one day grin grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]hahaha ok o make we continue na to see who the thing dey affect most grin Monkey Faze dey there dey give your Oba online uppercut everyday to the extent shame no dey gree make Oba of Benin fit come out from him hide out he call palace grin grin grin for we own side, we stand kakaraka, let us keep opening the history book, and see if the Idu/Igodomigodo children no go stone Oba of Benin one day grin grin

Abi na make we continue, your Fulani over lords dey put Sarki of Fulani every where for Yoruba land fear no dey allow una talk about am.
No forget say una don loose Kwara to the Fulanis, abeg those una over Lords too much grin
Lol my guy history sweet oo make we continue the stone throwing grin

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 7:17am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
valirex:

Abi na make we continue, your Fulani over lords dey put Sarki of Fulani every where for Yoruba land fear no dey allow una talk about am.
No forget say una don loose Kwara to the Fulanis, abeg those una over Lords too much grin
Lol my guy history sweet oo make we continue the stone throwing grin
[/s]hahaha even for Ilorin where Fulanis get emir, our ways too solid for them to crack grin grin Despite pushing cows around being the Fulanis ways of life, the ones for Ilorin dey get sense and them dey good school to get educated grin all thanks to the Yorubas in Ilorin, If Nigeria breaks today, our Yoruba Muslims and the mix blood with Fulani for Ilorin go develop Ilorin to be just like UAE,Qatar or Bahrain proper Muslim state grin grin but your Edo land for there, Ogiso go banish your Oba, this time around he no go be Calabar but Cameroon grin grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 7:40am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]hahaha even for Ilorin where Fulanis get emir, our ways too solid for them to crack grin grin Despite pushing cows around being the Fulanis ways of life, the ones for Ilorin dey get sense and them dey good school to get educated grin all thanks to the Yorubas in Ilorin, If Nigeria breaks today, our Yoruba Muslims and the mix blood with Fulani for Ilorin go develop Ilorin to be just like UAE,Qatar or Bahrain proper Muslim state grin grin but your Edo land for there, Ogiso go banish your Oba, this time around he no go be Calabar but Cameroon grin grin

Those Fulani over lords them no wan give una chance, no more Kabiyesi for Kwara grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 7:41am On Dec 10, 2020
shocked
jneutron4000:
He was Barren and only child banished so una no see where to find am go, and you choose to claim he has to be Oduduwa.
Well, our Benin history tells us that he went to Ife... No one knows whether it was true because history at that time was unwritten.. even the Oyo, ketu have their own belief about him... So it's to each his own

If Oranmiyan did not step foot into that land, all this fabricated story of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa wouldn't have come to play, and Igodomigodo land was not the only place Oranmiyan stepped into, he went also into Nupe land and Nupes and not putting out falsehood against Yorubas.
I don't know abt the rest tribes but what main historians are looking at is whether there is any sort of blue blood between the Benin and the ogisos that made them to bring oranmiyan.. but no one will ever know
Make Una just stay Una lane simple because there are pages reacting to IPOB propaganda concerning Edo land on Facebook and they are crossing their boundaries into Yoruba history and we would not sit and watch people distorting our history.
Then why not face the part that concerns u instead of in turn coming to distort our own...

U boldly believe the fraudulent treaty here
https://www.nairaland.com/4954351/change-oba-bini-ogiso/1#96908095

And when I debunked it here
https://www.nairaland.com/4954351/change-oba-bini-ogiso/1#96911942

U started issuing silly warning that we should not distort ur history instead of answering the questions posed at u

Tbh the major part of history that causes many debate in Benin- Yoruba history is the origin of Oduduwa and try my best to avoid it because the supposed winner of the debate might not be true.. Even if oba of Benin was a Yoruba man b4, now he is a Benin person.. same with the Ooni of ife... If we trace our origin, we'll just find out that most of us could come from Ethiopia or Egypt.. none of us sprang up in Ife or Benin but we became Yoruba or Benin through migration and other ways

Lastly another evidence that Ogiamen is not the descendant of Ogiso is their family greeting.... This was started by Ogiso ogbomo to trace the origin of families in Benin kingdom
The Ogiamen greet laire... Which says that they are the descendant of the Eholo more
The Ogiso greet laiso

Cc: Etrusen samuk valirex areafada2 gregyboy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
valirex:

Those Fulani over lords them no wan give una chance, no more Kabiyesi for Kwara grin
[/s]Kabiyesi was never established in Ilorin before by the founding fathers grin but one thing is certain that Oba of Benin will soon be banished grin along side with his Ile binu mix blood, of course Yoruba land is closed for any ile ibinu mixed blood grin grin, I hope Cameroon will accept the ile ibinu mixed refugee though when that time comes grin Ogiso on the rise
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 7:46am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]Kabiyesi was never established in Ilorin before by the founding fathers grin but one thing is certain that Oba of Benin will soon be banished grin along side with his Ile binu mix blood, of course Yoruba land is closed for any ile ibinu mixed blood grin grin, I hope Cameroon will accept the ile ibinu mixed refugee though when that time comes grin Ogiso on the rise

Those over lords even went as far as Oyo and imposed Sarki in Oyo your priest of an Ooni could not do shit nor could that your bleaching Alafin do shit lol
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 8:09am On Dec 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:
shocked
Well, our Benin history tells us that he went to Ife... No one knows whether it was true because history at that time was unwritten.. even the Oyo, ketu have their own belief about him... So it's to each his own

I don't know abt the rest tribes but what main historians are looking at is whether there is any sort of blue blood between the Benin and the ogisos that made them to bring oranmiyan.. but no one will ever know

Then why not face the part that concerns u instead of in turn coming to distort our own...

U boldly believe the fraudulent treaty here
https://www.nairaland.com/4954351/change-oba-bini-ogiso/1#96908095

And when I debunked it here

U started issuing silly warning that we should not distort ur history instead of answering the questions posed at u

Tbh the major part of history that causes many debate in Benin- Yoruba history is the origin of Oduduwa and try my best to avoid it because the supposed winner of the debate might not be true.. Even if oba of Benin was a Yoruba man b4, now he is a Yoruba.. same with the Ooni of ife... If we trace our origin, we'll just find out that most of us could come from Ethiopia or Egypt.. none of us sprang up in Ife or Benin but we became Yoruba or Benin

Lastly another evidence that Ogiamen is not the descendant of Ogiso is their family greeting.... This was started by Ogiso ogbomo to trace the origin of families in Benin kingdom
The Ogiamen greet laire... Which says that they are the descendant of the Eholo more
The Ogiso greet laiso
And we are telling you that it is not true, Oduduwa did not come from Igodomigodo, the only link was Oranmiyan, and he left though he had a son with a Lady from that land, Owomika( Eweka). If you are claiming that Oduduwa was your prince, you are indirectly saying Igodomigodo also own Oyo state because Oyo ile was founded by Oranmiyan. There is absolutely nothing in Edo state in terms of norm and value system that can be traced to Oyo state because we have nothing in common with Edos, even in Osun state, there is nothing being Practiced that you can bondly say that this Practice came from Idu/Igodomigodo race. But because of Oranmiyan, we share certain stuff such as the gods like Ogun, Olokun etc, the Ogisos dynasty has no knowledge about those gods. In Yoruba land the following state are states that have sort of link with the Benin, they are Lagos state ( Eko), Ado Ekiti and bordering towns in Ondo and this is due to movement into our space. Oba of Benin created Oba of Lagos throne because his lineage is Oranmiyan was a Prince from Ife but Nevertheless the Oba of Lagos blood is almost 100% Yoruba because he did not mixed with Igodomigodo but am sure the Yoruba blood in Oba of Benin can't be up to 2% because of ages of inter marriage with the Idu/Igodomigodo race. Oba Erediauwa pushed out that conspiracy of Ekaladerhan, it is falsehood
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 8:12am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
valirex:

Those over lords even went as far as Oyo and imposed Sarki in Oyo your priest of an Ooni could not do shit nor could that your bleaching Alafin do shit lol
[/s]We even have Seriki of Fulanis in Lagos now if that is what you want to hear grin but we are not accepting ile ibinu mixed blood ;Dsorry no space for una, grin don't forget to try your luck in Cameroon when the Idu/Igodomigodo children eventually banish you grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
And we are telling you that it is not true, Oduduwa did not come from Igodomigodo, the only link was Oranmiyan, and he left though he had a son with a Lady from that land, Owomika( Eweka). If you are claiming that Oduduwa was your prince, you are indirectly saying Igodomigodo also own Oyo state because Oyo ile was founded by Oranmiyan. There is absolutely nothing in Edo state in terms of norm and value system that can be traced to Oyo state because we have nothing in common with Edos, even in Osun state, there is nothing being Practiced that you can bondly say that this Practice came from Idu/Igodomigodo race. But because of Oranmiyan, we share certain stuff such as the gods like Ogun, Olokun etc, the Ogisos dynasty has no knowledge about those gods. In Yoruba land the following state are states that have sort of link with the Benin, they are Lagos state ( Eko), Ado Ekiti and bordering towns in Ondo and this is due to movement into our space. Oba of Benin created Oba of Lagos throne because his lineage is Oranmiyan was a Prince from Ife but Nevertheless the Oba of Lagos blood is almost 100% Yoruba because he did not mixed with Igodomigodo but am sure the Yoruba blood in Oba of Benin can't be up to 2% because of ages of inter marriage with the Idu/Igodomigodo race. Oba Erediauwa pushed out that conspiracy of Ekaladerhan, it is falsehood

I'm not willing to go down that origin of Oduduwa path with u because there is no real account...

If u must claim that ur Oduduwa is true... U must have verifiable accounts of him... But all we have of him are myths

One of the earliest accounts of Oduduwa(Samuel Johnson) gave two accounts of Oduduwa
One is that he came from the sky
Another is that he came from mecca
Its as of recent that there are some history revisionist saying that he came from oke Ora.. but no one knows the father of their first king...

Now seeing all this , would u think that ur Oduduwa myth is true? Yes because u are Yoruba man

Btw I don't want to argue anything of such because I know both side are engaging in myth

My own question is why u believe in that Ekiopagha treaty and u are yet to answer my questions

I reposted the link in case u didn't see it...

Cheers!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by gregyboy(m): 8:35am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

If Oduduwa Oduduwa never existed then why were the Yoruba people serving Orun Ọba Ado and Orun Iyoba shrines?

You guys are really intellectually lazy to even know your history not to say that of your opponent

The orun oba ado was fabricated this century,

In the myth ife was to know edo as Igodomigodo not ado which is a corrupt form as edo

According to the myth also edo came centuries after the oba dynasties have been enacted, it came during eware reign which was 1400,few years before the arrival of the Portuguese

Possibilities, if the connection between benin-ife was also present at that time, then the Portuguese and the various European would have seen relics of that relationship,

You guys are debating made up shit, and your ego wont let you accept or make a research

I drop my pen

Samuk
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I'm not willing to go down that origin of Oduduwa path with u because there is no real account...

If u must claim that ur Oduduwa is true... U must have verifiable accounts of him... But all we have of him are myths

One of the earliest accounts of Oduduwa(Samuel Johnson) gave two accounts of Oduduwa
One is that he came from the sky
Another is that he came from mecca
Its as of recent that there are some history revisionist saying that he came from oke Ora.. but no one knows the father of their first king...

Now seeing all this , would u think that ur Oduduwa myth is true? Yes because u are Yoruba man

Btw I don't want to argue anything of such because I know both side are engaging in myth

My own question is why u believe in that Ekiopagha treaty and u are yet to answer my questions

I reposted the link in case u didn't see it...

Cheers!!

You claimed the last Ogiso had no child yet you are defending the fallacy of a banished Prince became Oduduwa. We Yorubas see Oduduwa as the cradle of civilisation, yet there is nothing in Ile Ife that can be traced to the Ogisos dynasty, that simply tells you that Oduduwa has nothing or lineage linked to any Ogiso or Idu/Igodomigodo. I must confess, I admire the calmness I sensed in your comments, unlike the other Edo guy that am hitting hard back to back grin . But on a serious note, I have no bad feelings for the Half Yoruba +Half Idu/Igodomigodo = Benins, no bad feelings here, we just have to debate on this things to let you guys know the real truth. Oranmiyan is the only link, his Obaship dynasty fought and terminated the Ogisos dynasty, his Empire was formidable that the Benin empire had treaty and alliance with the Portugese, he got superior power over the Aborigines of that land but no matter how people are suppressed they will one day demand the truth and call for their right, that was what the Ogisos and Ogiamen was building up before this conspiracy of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa came to be, Oba Erediauwa wrote this theories in his book before he died, he had the backing of the power that be in Nigeria, Ekiokpagha treaty is one truth fact that the Oba dynasty has tried to Abolished but it hard, they have the issue even at the supreme court because the treaty was binding but Oba of Benin is more influential than the Ogisos in the scheme of things in Edo so he still uses his power to suppress it. The story of Ekaladerhan does not just had up, you people claim Oduduwa sent Oranmiyan to Benin, why didn't Oranmiyan continue with the Ogisos dynasty, why did he had to establish Obaship? Was it Oduduwa that sent Oranmiyan to Nupe land too? Why was there any need for Ekiokpagha treaty? Why was Eweka and previous Oba heads had to be buried in Ile ife? Why didn't they just bury the heads with the rest of their body in Benin? Oduduwa lineage founded other kingdom even in Ketu Kingdom in Benin Republic, and all other Yoruba kingdoms in Nigeria and accross West Africa their kings heads are not buried in Ile Ife, they are buried in their Domain, while was it only Oba of Benin? That tells you that they had resistance with the Aborigines of that land Idu/Igodomigodo and it verifies the Ekiokpagha treaty.
As I have said in my previous post, we Yorubas noticed the reactions of Benins on Facebook and other media platforms concerning the massive propaganda targeted at Edo land by Nnamdi kanu and his Ipob terrorist group seeking for Igbo territory expansion into Edo land, rather for the Edos on Facebook to properly address and dismantle Ipob expansioniate propaganda targeted at claiming their land as part of Biafra, they go poking into Yoruba history, na where the matter take draw us come grin. So no hard feel, just had to put out realistic history facts.
Cheers grin
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by valirex: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2020
gregyboy:

You guys are really intellectually lazy to even know your history not to say that of your opponent

In the myth ife was to know edo as Igodomigodo not ado which is a corrupt form as edo

According to the myth also edo came centuries after the oba dynasties have been enacted, it came during eware reign which was 1400,few years before the arrival of the Portuguese

Possibilities, if the connection between benin-ife was also present at that time, then the Portuguese and the various European would have seen relics of that relationship,

You guys are debating made up shit, and your ego wont let you accept or make a research

I drop my pen

Samuk

Bro if there was a Benin Royal prison I would have recommended you for it grin.
You are funny sha, hit me up let me link you with someone who can debate this with you properly.
Anyways sha I still love you as my brother, runda ọkpa makhin

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by gregyboy(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

You are funny sha, hit me up let me link you with someone who can debate this with you properly.

We learn everyday,
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
You claimed the last Ogiso had no child yet you are defending the fallacy of a banished Prince became Oduduwa. We Yorubas see Oduduwa as the cradle of civilisation, yet there is nothing in Ile Ife that can be traced to the Ogisos dynasty, that simply tells you that Oduduwa has nothing or lineage linked to any Ogiso or Idu/Igodomigodo. I must confess, I admire the calmness I sensed in your comments, unlike the other Edo guy that am hitting hard back to back grin
I never said that ogiso had no child... I said that his only child was barren.... Whether Oduduwa actually came from Mecca, sky, Benin is what will never know... Different theories keep springing up daily ... That's why I don't follow anyone theory except my tribes own which is expected of me..

But on a serious note, I have no bad feelings for the Half Yoruba +Half Idu/Igodomigodo = Benins, no bad feelings here, we just have to debate on this things to let you guys know the real truth. Oranmiyan is the only link, his Obaship dynasty fought and terminated the Ogisos dynasty,
This in itself is a lie. There is no Benin account that says that oranmiyan fought the ogiso ... First of, the ogiso dynasty was over long before oranmiyan came in... So who could the obaship dynasty have fought with?
Also.. the Ogiamen is not part of the family lineage of the Ogiso.. I showed u the difference in their family greeting which is peculiar among the Benin
And if oranmiyan is said to have fought the inhabitants of Benin, then why did he leave his "supposed" conquered territories in annoyance?
Obviously he would have subdued the inhabitants if there was war. This goes to show that the tale of oranmiyan fighting the Benin was a lie esp as the Yoruba shot themselves in the leg when they said that the same oranmiyan left Benin in annoyance...
Who leaves a conquered territory in annoyance?

his Empire was formidable that the Benin empire had treaty and alliance with the Portugese
This is another lie again... When oranmiyan came and left, Benin was just a kingdom.. it was 300-400 years later that the Benin Empire was built Under oba ewuare.. and the Portuguese who first came to Benin in the year 1472 came to meet the Benin Empire already established
An account from then said that Benin was always at war with its neighbours

he got superior power over the Aborigines of that land but no matter how people are suppressed they will one day demand the truth and call for their right,
The First questions we ought to ask is who are the Aborigines of the land... An Ogiamen family that is not up to 500 in the entire Benin population cannot be said to be the only Aborigine of the big Benin kingdom.. I'm also an Aborigine of the land and I don't belong to the lies that the Ogiamen is spreading

that was what the Ogisos and Ogiamen was building up before this conspiracy of Ekaladerhan turned Oduduwa came to be, Oba Erediauwa wrote this theories in his book before he died, he had the backing of the power that be in Nigeria,
The apparent reason that Erediauwa wrote his Ekaladerhan story is because he found it weird that his lineage came from someone who fell from the sky or from faraway Mecca
Prove me wrong by posting a pre 1970 work that says that Oduduwa grew up in Ife and who his father was
Ekiokpagha treaty is one truth fact that the Oba dynasty has tried to Abolished but it hard, they have the issue even at the supreme court because the treaty was binding but Oba of Benin is more influential than the Ogisos in the scheme of things in Edo so he still uses his power to suppress it
U keep mentioning this treaty over and over again even after I've debunked it Here.. worse still u refused to answer my questions... I doubt u even read my post before answering... Next time read it biko

Will u kindly provide a pre 1900 account that talks about this treaty that u keep mentioning?

The story of Ekaladerhan does not just had up, you people claim Oduduwa sent Oranmiyan to Benin, why didn't Oranmiyan continue with the Ogisos dynasty, why did he had to establish Obaship?
Oranmiyan never grew up in Benin so it's normal for him to want to use a title more known to him..
Btw the Oba still continue in the ogisos way.. for example, the Ada and eben is from the ogiso.. the Obas shrine(Erinmwin Idu) was started by the ogisos
If my own story doesn't add up.. is it urs that is more illogical that adds up?

Was it Oduduwa that sent Oranmiyan to Nupe land too?
Oranmiyan never went to Nupe... He only married a woman from there

Why was there any need for Ekiokpagha treaty?
The same treaty that has been debunked times without number and u ran away without answering the questions?
Why was Eweka and previous Oba heads had to be buried in Ile ife? Why didn't they just bury the heads with the rest of their body in Benin?
This has been found to be lie.. there is orun oba ado and orun iyoba Ado in ife... Both are shrines and not burial grounds
Leo frobenius and Frank willet did excavation on that place and not a single Human skull was found.. just animal bones... U see lies don't Last for long

Oduduwa lineage founded other kingdom even in Ketu Kingdom in Benin Republic, and all other Yoruba kingdoms in Nigeria and accross West Africa their kings heads are not buried in Ile Ife, they are buried in their Domain, while was it only Oba of Benin? That tells you that they had resistance with the Aborigines of that land Idu/Igodomigodo and it verifies the Ekiokpagha treaty.
Nope.. it doesn't verify it.. according to u guys Ife is the cradle of civilization so it's more logical as to why y'all don't Bury ur kings there esp as y'all claim to originate from there...

As I have said in my previous post, we Yorubas noticed the reactions of Benins on Facebook and other media platforms concerning the massive propaganda targeted at Edo land by Nnamdi kanu and his Ipob terrorist group seeking for Igbo territory expansion into Edo land, rather for the Edos on Facebook to properly address and dismantle Ipob expansioniate propaganda targeted at claiming their land as part of Biafra, they go poking into Yoruba history, na where the matter take draw us come grin. So no hard feel, just had to put out realistic history facts.
Cheers grin

Well u are also poking in our history Esp using the fraudulent treaty as a smokescreen

Of all the claims u've mentioned.. none are verified but u talk abt history facts

Laughable cheesy

Quit using emotions in arguments bro

Areafada2

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by jneutron4000: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I never said that ogiso had no child... I said that his only child was barren.... Whether Oduduwa actually came from Mecca, sky, Benin is what will never know... Different theories keep springing up daily ... That's why I don't follow anyone theory except my tribes own which is expected of me..

This in itself is a lie. There is no Benin account that says that oranmiyan fought the ogiso ... First of, the ogiso dynasty was over long before oranmiyan came in... So who could the obaship dynasty have fought with?
Also.. the Ogiamen is not part of the family lineage of the Ogiso.. I showed u the difference in their family greeting which is peculiar among the Benin
And if oranmiyan is said to have fought the inhabitants of Benin, then why did he leave his "supposed" conquered territories in annoyance?
Obviously he would have subdued the inhabitants if there was war. This goes to show that the tale of oranmiyan fighting the Benin was a lie esp as the Yoruba shot themselves in the leg when they said that the same oranmiyan left Benin in annoyance...
Who leaves a conquered territory in annoyance?

This is another lie again... When oranmiyan came and left, Benin was just a kingdom.. it was 300-400 years later that the Benin Empire was built Under oba ewuare.. and the Portuguese who first came to Benin in the year 1472 came to meet the Benin Empire already established
An account from then said that Benin was always at war with its neighbours

The First questions we ought to ask is who are the Aborigines of the land... An Ogiamen family that is not up to 500 in the entire Benin population cannot be said to be the only Aborigine of the big Benin kingdom.. I'm also an Aborigine of the land and I don't belong to the lies that the Ogiamen is spreading

The apparent reason that Erediauwa wrote his Ekaladerhan story is because he found it weird that his lineage came from someone who fell from the sky or from faraway Mecca
Prove me wrong by posting a pre 1970 work that says that Oduduwa grew up in Ife and who his father was

U keep mentioning this treaty over and over again even after I've debunked it Here.. worse still u refused to answer my questions... I doubt u even read my post before answering... Next time read it biko

Will u kindly provide a pre 1900 account that talks about this treaty that u keep mentioning?

. Oranmiyan never grew up in Benin so it's normal for him to want to use a title more known to him..
Btw the Oba still continue in the ogisos way.. for example, the Ada and eben is from the ogiso.. the Obas shrine(Erinmwin Idu) was started by the ogisos
If my own story doesn't add up.. is it urs that is more illogical that adds up?

Oranmiyan never went to Nupe... He only married a woman from there

The same treaty that has been debunked times without number and u ran away without answering the questions?

This has been found to be lie.. there is orun oba ado and orun iyoba Ado in ife... Both are shrines and not burial grounds
Leo frobenius and Frank willet did excavation on that place and not a single Human skull was found.. just animal bones... U see lies don't Last for long

Nope.. it doesn't verify it.. according to u guys Ife is the cradle of civilization so it's more logical as to why y'all don't Bury ur kings there esp as y'all claim to originate from there...

Well u are also poking in our history Esp using the fraudulent treaty as a smokescreen

Of all the claims u've mentioned.. none are verified but u talk abt history facts

Laughable cheesy

Quit using emotions in arguments bro
Hahaha it obvious you would not believe the historical facts, I get it, even right now, I have a friend right here with me who is also a Yoruba man discouraging me to stop putting this facts out in order not to stir up the Benin emotions also knowing some of this controversial issue with the Ogiamen, Ogiso and the Oba of Benin. Anyways keep believing what you choice to believe, and we would keep telling our Yoruba descendants the true story and that of Oranmiyan as well. grin Have a great day.

1 Like

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2020
Let us have it like this:

Those who make claims on oduduwa should first of all prove that he ever existed.

Those who make claims of ogiso, should provide proof there was ever any such thing.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Etinosa1234: 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
jneutron4000:
Hahaha it obvious you would not believe the historical facts, I get it, even right now, I have a friend right here with me who is also a Yoruba man discouraging me to stop putting this facts out in order not to stir up the Benin emotions also knowing some of this controversial issue with the Ogiamen, Ogiso and the Oba of Benin. Anyways keep believing what you choice to believe, and we would keep telling our Yoruba descendants the true story and that of Oranmiyan as well. grin Have a great day.
Lol it seems u are out of firepower and this is a new way to resign ... Thanks for not wasting my time cheesy
Of all the claims u put here, none can be backed up by verifiable claims but u still refer to them as fAcTs.. grin it must be painful to see the stories u believed in childhood fall down like a pack of cards unable to stand scrutiny

Well I also have some Yoruba friends who don't believe in ur Oduduwa story..
The olugbo of ugbo and the awujale of ijebu... At least mine are popular while your own friend ain't.
U have not been able to answer any of my questions and u still call ur story truth... Truth stand the test of time and scrutiny..

Everything u thought was true esp abt the Ekiopagha treaty has been debunked by me and u are yet to answer the questions I threw at u... So much for what u call truth...

Well if it lets u sleep at night

If u are bold enough why not drop the stories u think is true and let me debunk it so that u'll run away like u've done previous times

I'll keep teaching my Benin descendant the truth as well as verifiable sources to back up what ever I tell them so they won't be running away from important questions like u are doing now

3 Likes

Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2020
gregyboy:

I drop my pen

Samuk

yea, it seems like there is something blinding all of them irrespective of tribe. It is as if logics just can't flow into their heads, their heads are already filled with a substitute for logics and rational thinking.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2020
mythbuster99999:

Information is a thing. How does information A go from the year 1200's to our current era ?
How many important events do you think happened in those 800 years ? Why would these particular extremely precised (even with several names: oduduwa, oranmiyan, ogiso...) information have travelled through more than 800 years while you basically know nothing which supposedly happened before or after (I trust some other story tellers are working on more myths to fill the blank).

Information is like a bag of rice, it doesn't just walk into your doorstep, it needs to be transported:

Documents written by eyewitnesses are the only vehicle to transport information through time in a period with no video !

To understand the concept of history, you guys should watch how egyptologs work and how specialists in european history work. To be frank, most nigerians are illiterates in history. You guys don't know it, but you are terrible at history.
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by gregyboy(m): 2:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
valirex:

Instead of finding someone to debate me, why not you yourself go on a thorough research on benin, history read old documents instead new documents, read benin history like you carrying research on it,

Like you're about to make a book on the entire benin history i tell you in few months time you will find what youre looking for and inturn you would be a scholar yourself

I read everyday and i drop everyday old knowledge everytime to accommodate new ones

I want the best for my brothers and edo people at
Large.....

Dont blike the people who laughed at Noah, instead be the noah, and let the people laugh at you, for the end they will join you in celebration
Re: Change OBA Or BINI To OGISO by gregyboy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 10, 2020

yea, it seems like there is something blinding all of them irrespective of tribe. It is as if logics just can't flow into their heads, their heads are already filled with a substitute for logics and rational thinking.

Yea, excessive dogmatism and super ego

Am someone who doesn't allow those blind me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

20 Facts About Ijebu's / Top 10 States In Nigeria With The Most Beautiful Girls / Friendliest People In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.